Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Finally managed to pick up my stems from france, great workmansship. Got one with metal pin holder and one with the black screenholder.
Remember reading about those but just asking again, safe to be heated right?
I really enjoy them so far.
Look great, feel smooth, tastes great, is durable and versatile ... really great.
Thanks for the obvious love n dedication you put in them Ed :-)
and thanks to jambandphan for pointing me to them.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good deal Vakedcow, glad you got em and are happy with em! All is safe to be heated you should have no issues with using them. I really appreciate your kind words for my work! Those are what makes all my hard work worth it! If youre happy, I am happy!

Vaporito

Wow, I contacted Ed, directly about the FC discount or possibly getting a shorter stem 3" instead of 4"

but I guess he won't do neither nowadays... must be too busy, and I'm too impatient to wait and see if he offers shorties again... oh well...

I'm still ordering a stock blackwood stem, but am a bit disappointed by the lack of options. That is certainly different than what I saw in this thread.

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello Vaporito, I am sorry your a little disappointed, I am assuming you saw the pics from a couple pages back of all the latest species, those were limited edition species and I stated that once they are gone thats it, they are gone. I do hope you pick up a BW stem today, it will ship tomorrow! I appreciate your interest in my work and wish you well.

Ed's TnT,

Vaporito

No problem, Ed I was hoping to get a slightly smaller one but now trying the stock stem on a 16 oz cup it looks fine for my needs.

You should think of making one that looks like a red or white straw... for more stealth potential.

I did place the order for the blackwood one. If it's too apparent, I might fashion a sleeve that looks like a straw for use in public.

Please pick one that is nice and smooth no knots etc...

I look forward to receiving it and poting about it.

Thanks

Vaporito,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Ed just wanted to ask if you had made any progress on a stem for the DaVinci ? I know another member had asked but can't find the post for some reason . Love my Davinci But not it's self destructing mouthpiece . right now I use a few of your LB stems , 3 walnut stems . One for my Box one for the flashvape and one adapted as my WISPR stem . A wooden indestructible and Beautiful stem for the DV would be awesome .
Thanx !

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thats right Vito, you know me well!

Rudeboy I havent been able to really do anything for the DV, I dont own one so I cant be sure to make the stem just right. The one I made, the difference between the ID and OD are so close that I trashed many before I was able to get one close. If I had a unit maybe I could do more.

Vaporito

uhm, I Like these a lot, any chance they will be available?

I dont think these will work for ya!

So what do you all think of this?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

The cord is used to close it when not in use and when in use you open it and slide it up!

Vaporito,

Vaporito

Got the black wood stem today..

Two quick comments... I guess you don't ship the Dowel with them to clean it out anymore?

THe bowl notches were a bit rough enough to put a scar in the plastic and bowl... luckily I was on the look out for that, I was able to smooth them out with a glass\diamond dust nail file.

I also think the hole by the mouthpiece is kind of big and sharp. It should have thicker edges (lip) more like a pipe, or a glass piece.

Other than that it is a great setup for the solo. I'mv very glad I got the black one it goes great.

I see why a shorter one might make the vapor too hot... plus the 4" is perfect for a dunkin donuts cup! ;-)

Here is a snapshot of my setup.

e4UQedo.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also think the hole by the mouthpiece is kind of big and sharp. It should have thicker edges (lip) more like a pipe, or a glass piece.

I would also like to agree with this comment. I noticed on my more recent blackwood stem, it seems to me the lip of the mp was a little sharp along the edge, but I have sensitive skin, so I didn't think much to comment on it. I could see a little more rounding on the lip would be more pleasant for the user. I like the size of the bore otherwise though, allows for plenty of airflow.

Great stems Ed, you have a top notch product here!

Vaporito

I would also like to agree with this comment. I noticed on my more recent blackwood stem, it seems to me the lip of the mp was a little sharp along the edge, but I have sensitive skin, so I didn't think much to comment on it. I could see a little more rounding on the lip would be more pleasant for the user. I like the size of the bore otherwise though, allows for plenty of airflow.

Great stems Ed, you have a top notch product here!

I used a 4 way nail file and carefully filed down the mouth piece enough to make it less sharp, but still keeping the nice tapered tip. It barely removed any wood, more like buffed it into a slightly thicker lip, and much less sharp.

And now after a few loads, the wood taste is settling down.

I do notice that the red flashing is more frequent than when using glass but, not enough to stress the solo battery.

The steel tip gets about as hot as glass, my wife got almost burned by touching near the bowl, oddly enough this has never happened with glass. It does cool of fairly quick.

Vaporito,
Reactions: Snappo

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Ed would probably make the shortys if we all ordered at one time, and it was for a large amount. But to do it for five or six, really aint worth his time.....With that being said how many of you would preorder and prepay for a shorty" I know I would...I like the shorty cuz you can hit it just hard enough to fill your lungs, like a cig..

Last edited:
ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Vaporito

I'm actually happy with the full 4" as it does seem to be hotter vapor than glass. Must be the heat from the wood being retained. Plus the size is perfect to stick in a Dunkin' Donuts Large Styrofoam cup

Vaporito,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning y'all, been busy round here, almost have my big solo order done and just got hit with a big order for Magic Flight! There is always something to do round here at Ed's TnT.

Vaporito glad you got the piece, I am sorry to say I do not offer the dowel rod anymore, since I have been installing the pin, it makes it impossible to use the ram rod. The pin is in the way now and wont allow the rod to push all the way through. Sorry for the rough spots on the notches, I make so many and try to eye every piece before it ships to make sure there are no issues with it, but some make it by me. I am glad you were able to make it work for you. I have never heard an issues with the mouth piece until you and Jam mentioned it. I like the soft subtle tip it has. I have turned it and seen it with a more rounded edge but really didnt like the way it made the tip look. Kinda made it look unfinished to me. Thanks for posting the pic, I really dig your setup!

Jam, I really appreciate the kind words for my work, your joy for it is what its all about, if you are happy I am happy! I hope you read my comments above about the mouth piece.

PVTO, I appreciate your offer and if anyone is interested pls let me know. I do make a shorty for the LB that some folks like. I was able to sell the few blackwood shorties I made fairly quick. It may be worth it to start to offer the shorties as a regular option to the standard sizes. I will think about this more and maybe start this up the next batch of stems I do.

I hope all is well out there and thank you all for stopping by with your comments and having a look!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hi, Ed:wave:...a while back we talked a bit about fashioning a Bog Oak shorty with channels extending upward from the notches (like the PVHES). I'm willing to be your official tester, and of course want to pay full price+extra for the channel-work. I think this will be a wonderful addition to my two other Ed's! Please let me know. Many thanks!

Also... is there a way to put an extra fine sanded polished finish inside the stem to reduce penetration and adhesion of vape oils into/onto the wood? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Snappo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Yes we did talk about that Snappo, I am thinking about trying this mod next week when I have a chance. I will let ya know how it goes. Thanks for the offer. I am sorry though I dont have any BO at the moment. It has gotten really expensive. I have been eyeing a piece but its hella high, would like to get a little cash down payment before I went and invested the rest of the dough.

Not sure about a finish for the inside, dont know how to make that happen, I think it is what it is bro!

Ed's TnT,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Ok, I've given this channel idea much thought..I happen to have a little bit of Knoladge of HOW the glass stems work.. and the air travels down the side at which point it travels under the glass and is heated, but the opening Ed has is far to big and the air don't get heated. So I'm thinking like 6-8 channels, and at the bottom of those channels just take a round file and take off just a hair or two...also I been giving your pin dowel dilemma some thought, would it be real hard to thread it like a dart?

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I am and have been really eyeing these bushings, I think the wall thickness is gonna be to thin for the channels. I am still gonna give it a try. I know they are too thin to thread.

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone! I hope all is well out there. Seems I just got my hands on a piece of Bog Oak, thanks to a FC member, its some more of that really old stuff, 5460 years. I have been getting some really nice pieces of the two tone amboyna burl also. Gotta get some LB stems outa the way and I will be making some new Bog Oak solo stems. Heres a couple pics!

2013-09-16163751_zps417e05a5.jpg

2013-09-16163814_zpsdf2ded8e.jpg

Top Bottom