Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Anyone making a purchase through my shopping cart must enter the code word Antonio to be able to take advantage of the discount. If you don't enter it, I cant give you credit it!

Ed's TnT,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Ed, these are works of art. Seriously. And being an all-natural material makes them all the more appealing.

willieR,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Haha... I just got excited, and grabbed my cane to go to the post office, and my wife teased me... reminding me I only placed the order hours ago! :lol:

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hahahahhaa you're getting ahead of yourself!!!!! Thats funny, hey I saw one of your PO runs, I m sure you got some goodies coming to get excited about! How bout that Zap, what species did you get? I am gonna be turning quite a bit the next few dayz, also have a little Mediterranean Olive wood gonna make into a couplea custom dugouts for long time customer. Never worked this species, will be interesting. Thank you Willie, Reece, Mom! I am gonna be turning the last few amboyna blanks I have left also, that is really alota fun, you can get an idea of what it may look like in square form, when its spinning its hard to see what you have turned, you take off that edge and begin to round it out, you take off quite a bit to get it about close, so you still dont really know just how beautiful it is gonna be til you turn it off the power to the lathe, you bring it to a stop and then slowly roll it round to get the first peak at what Mother Nature has created! I dont really make anything, I just put a little twist or turn on what MN blessed us with!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ed... I have to admit something many here may find unusual about my choice of Zap species. As you know, I like to "feel" the artist.
I sent pictures of my Zap to Rick, and in my email to him, I asked that he make the choice for me, for a mate for my Zap.
I know whatever he decides will be from the creators artistic eye, and I will feel closer to the piece than if I said "I would like the _____". :)

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Very nice philosophy. When things are hand-crafted, there's a bit of magic.

willieR,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ed, just purchased an Amboyna tube. Cant wait to see it.

Still working on finding the time to take some pictures... :/

Nebera,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nebera said:
Ed, just purchased an Amboyna tube. Cant wait to see it.
he best part (no joke) is looking at your new tube.... and then finding it in the "pinup" photo.. so you can say..."look that's mine right there!"

Vitolo,

gvape

Damn those Amboya are sexy, but a bit too much for me now. Sad to say that too since they look like some of the nicest stems you have made.

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
How bout this sample, I just got this one in yesterday, it all hand woven, has 3 individual pockets for tubes has the pouch on the left for bout a half dozen inserts, the tubes fit nice and tight, the fiber is soft and gentle, it will roll closed and tie with the shut, all it needs is a couplea small improvements but is really close to being finished, just wanted to show you all whats happening here and get your thoughts. PLS DO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!!! I really wanna make these happen just wanna know how you all feel about the look and if there is anything else you all would like to see. Check out the tubes, been doing alota turning yesterday, the one standing up is cocobolo, need to get some new pics of that species, these are really bright with varying colors, these couple of amboyna tubes are super sweet, one thing I know is that these are the best I have ever done, these one truly one of a kind! Hope you all like and am anxious to hear your thoughts!

EditedRollUp.jpg

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
VERY unique. Natural, looking.
The loose weave that follows through in style to the of the "tie" adds to a "natural" Woodsman look.
It is reminisent of the fashion and style of both renaissance era artisans, as well as a more earthy "Sheepherder" look.
I can see how it can be made in varying lengths to accommodate a larger collection.
I like the fact that it opens by unrolling it.
It adds to a dramatic effect!
This provides for a "rolling out of the red carpet" effect, as you "make your presentation" of your display of rare and fine wooden stems.
Nice.
:2c:

Vitolo,

gvape

Looks great. What are you thinking the cost of these is going to be?

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, thank you for you sharing your thoughts Vito.

Gvape I am gonna have at least 2 different styles, will have a couple different sizes of the roll-up at least, am feeling $20 - $30 for retail. I wanna add a colored stripe or two to the roll-up, that would give it that vintage look, also wanna ad a couple inches to the overall length. I really like the work put into the roll-up, the weave is tight and thick, very nice!

I am really getting to despise bocote and cocobolo, oh it turns so well and finishes so much better, I had a blank that had 2 wild eyes glowing at ya from both sides of the tube, I am pushing in the tip , trying to be careful, and it cracks!!! OOOOO thats freakn horrible, best one of that species I have spun yet and it cracks, I drop my head and cuss a little, off to the trash it goes.

Let me hear some more about the roll-up you all, I wanna read your feelings!

Ed's TnT,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Hi mate just wondering if there's any new LB stem species in the works? If not then are there any Bocote ones left that are particularly two-tone/full of contrast? I love the contrast in the B&W ebony but you said before you don't do those in LB stems so anything that's similar in style is what I'm looking for please. Cheers.

wilf789,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ed's TnT said:
Let me hear some more about the roll-up you all, I wanna read your feelings!

Ill definitely be picking one up when they become available, my zap/stems do a lot of traveling so it'll be nice to have a little case for the stems. I also dig the roll-up design, it fits the theme of the zap.

Nebera,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I hope to have some within a couple weeks Nebera, the 3pks and 6pks, gonna be very nice, what you saw above with a little extra on em.

Shipped alota tubes yesterday and this morning, thank you all for the biz and keep your eye out for those, really like the stuff I sent out this week, am sure you all will to.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wonderful! I got a package from Ed's TNT today. My Amboyna stem, was in the photo shoot for the woven rollout pouch... and I am proud to have it here with me now!
Before I even got it, I fell in love wioth the Cocobolo, so I guess I have another coming!
The collection grows...
Photoon2011-06-29at10403.jpg

This thing is beautiful. Such a bright contrast... all made by natures hand.
Thanks Ed's TNT!

Vitolo,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Gotta order an Amboyna Burl Stem for my incoming MFLB :D ordering butter too!
All those PD stems make me wanna have one so bad...well, guess I'll have to be content with my LB+wood stem :p

Smokey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Smokey, I will say that these stems do create quite an impression when presented with the MyrtleZap.
My friends that are also MZ fans are all excited about the Amboyna.
The stems are great on the MFLB also. as small as that tiny stem is... people do take notice! ( More important though is that feeling you get when you take notice... that you have so small and intricately worked "object d'art".
I am waiting for my Cocobolo stem, and I will do a few pictures of them with my 2 Zaps. I think I got some great stems to create a visual connection between the curly blonde Myrtle Zap, and the Dark Walnut one.

Vitolo,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Oh that's true! Zap is also an option! :D I think that in the future, I may buy to myself a woodie unit (in addiction to LB) to compensate with the "all glass" Herbo :D
Ordering my Ambo stem right now, unfortunately shipping in EU is sooo slow...I ordered my LB 2 weeks ago and still nothing :( fingers crossed!!

Smokey,
Top Bottom