Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

guardian

nice vito matches perfectly, would you say the wood stem cools the vapor more then the nylon stock,thats always the way i thought bout them as wood absorbs heat natural wood beats glass and synthetic materials hands down :) . also thanks ed the afzelia really sparks my intrests in terms of grain pattern and burl pattern pretty exotic, also i had a cool read on wikipedia about burls turns out there for way more things then being pleasing to look at when you chop one open they acually store nutrients and other unexplained things that can make a new tree although at the expense of the old tree falling from wind or fire etc... pretty cool stuff, peace :peace:

guardian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes, Guardian. I have found the vapor to be cooler. The flavor of the vapor is very clean and natural too!
I am already considering a second one. ;)

Vitolo,

CutePanda

Well it's a new day and I'd just like to say that my MFLB (purchased back in Feb) was looking so dry and plain before I hit it with the Peach BAB. Now it looks a million times better. The BAB is definitely worth every penny.

CutePanda,

gvape

Great... Thanks ed make me spend my money faster than I plan. If you get some of that buckeye Burl with inlay for some stems for my PD I'm gonna have another order.

I have been using a few random knife pouches for stems. Fits two perfectly, but would love one made out of hemp. Get that idea going and you got me ad a buyer for at least one maybe a few :)

Also beeline is amazing, whenever I do combust it's always used. Can't tell you the last time I actually used a lighter to light what I was smoking. It really makes a better,smoother,tastier hit.

gvape,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Please may you make some new LB stems mate, I'm definitely overdue for a new purchase for my lovely little launch box!

wilf789,

Vitolo

Vaporist
wilf789 said:
Please may you make some new LB stems mate, I'm definitely overdue for a new purchase for my lovely little launch box!
Go to the website, and hit the tab "LB".
There are a bunch of rare beauties!

Vitolo,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Yeah mate I've seen them before and already own a few myself, they're excellent pieces of work for sure. Always like new products though and variety is king in my book.

wilf789,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Ahem:

110603164204.jpg

110603164153.jpg

Figured walnut. Ohhh yeahh

Orestes,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
It's a walnut zap. I asked for something really dark... Quite happy with this thing.

And I prefer the screens in the tubes that Ed sends out to those that comes with zap products. It's probably easier to break, but I just can't clean my zap tube screens; there's always gunk. And I've tried an ultrasonic cleaner, even

Orestes,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ed's TnT said:
Have a few slabs of Buckeye Burl on the way, I have to say it is one of the most amazing specie I have ever seen, its a really soft wood, usually has quite a few voids, so will be great for turquoise inlay.

you just dropped a bomb...

Also got the three stems on thursday. They all look amazing, quite satisfied :D. The redwood came a tad dry, nothing some buzzbutter wouldnt fix (its really dry here (the poor neck on my bass guitar doesnt like it one bit), so Im assuming thats it). Also Ive noticed the redwood is noticably lighter (in mass) compared to the other stems, is it more fragile? It looks too good.

pics later with the amboyna stem I forgot to take pictures of.

Nebera,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I also pulled the trigger on a figured walnut stem last week. It's very similar to the one you have Orestes. Very nice, as usual.

One thing I have noticed, having purchased from Ed for about a year now, is that the stems are really looking good these days. Much more streamlined. I think practice has made perfect Ed!

Nebera, I also have one of those redwood tubes and have also noticed how light and "dry" they seem. I think it's just the nature of the wood. I keep mine buttered up and it works great; as all my tubes do.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello, thats a hella combo you have yourself there Orestes! I like the curl in the Zap, the tube makes a great pair. Sure you have figured out by now which end to to load, I have always just used the short end.

Nebera, the Redwood is such a soft light wood, it absorbs the the BAB I put on it really fast and it dries just as quickly. It wouldnt hurt to rub it down a little more than you would the others you have. It wouldnt take much to wreck it or break it, it should last a lifetime with the right care. Get those pics up, I am gonna take some shots of the Buckeye slabs just so you all can see what I see!

Gaurdian, heres a couple pics of Afzelia this forst one is a couple pieces of Big Eye Afzelia Burl I spun a while back and forgot I had, dont have em at my Shopping cart, if your interested in these just email me.

BIgEyeTubes.jpg

These are actually from a stick of Xyla/Gator Skin Afzelia, I thought they would make awesome tubes, but when I spun em the diameter of the tube was small and wouldnt be large enough to show the figure. It sucks that stick I had woulda made amazing dugouts! These are available at my shopping cart.

GatorSkinAfzelia.jpg

Still have the coupon/Antonio going if anyone wants to take advantage of it, good deals are still out there! Pick up a few stems and pls do share the word, nothing like throwing some wood around!!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have decided that Ed's stems do cool down the vapor, and are easiest to use for my Zap.
I am now starting my collection, and have ordered the next stem... BUT...
I like the Myrtle wood. My Zap is Myrtle, and I like the fact thatstem and Zap match.
Ed's work is so damn good, that I will collect Myrtle stems! Each is unique, and individual enough to be obviously "it's own artwork". So my stems that sit with my Zap will be different, unique, but all of the same wood!
Beautiful work Ed!

Vitolo,

gvape

Vitolo said:
I have decided that Ed's stems do cool down the vapor, and are easiest to use for my Zap.
I am now starting my collection, and have ordered the next stem... BUT...
I like the Myrtle wood. My Zap is Myrtle, and I like the fact thatstem and Zap match.
Ed's work is so damn good, that I will collect Myrtle stems! Each is unique, and individual enough to be obviously "it's own artwork". So my stems that sit with my Zap will be different, unique, but all of the same wood!
Beautiful work Ed!

I was like that at first and only wanted to match, but each wood looks so neat and different in it. Especially since you have a light colors PD. Any and probably all colors will look good with yours. Even a dark stem would really pop out. Either way yes these stems are so amazing. The only downside I have found from using these stems is that I cant look into to the tube to see the quality of the vapor Im getting. Usually the first stem from any material is done through a stock stem just to see how milky each hit is. Really helps me judge the quality of what I vaped. Either way though, those rarely ever get used. I stick with my sexy wood stems every day :lol:

gvape,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh Vito, I agree with Gvape, I am gonna be spinning Bloodwood tubes soon, those will look amazing with your light colored Myrtle, such a contrast, I think you will really like those.

These are a few slabs I got in, 3 Buckeye Burl Slabs, and a stick of B&W Ebony. Am gonna make dugouts from the Buckeye, just paid so much for it, I know I can make DO, would like to make tubes, but cant afford to F'up any of these. Its so hard to get it in these sizes, its hella expensive! This stick of Ebony is choice, I cant wait to spin it, its a super dense wood and is way easier to turn.

BBSlabs.jpg

EbonyStick.jpg

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:rolleyes: Sigh....please make it stop...
Ed, you know I just bought a house and cannot afford any more stems! :lol:
That Buckeye looks amazing. Especially the slab on the left.

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ed's TnT said:
Oh Vito, I agree with Gvape, I am gonna be spinning Bloodwood tubes soon....
The Bloodwood does sound very appealing!

Touch image to see the Zap vape with a Wooden Stem

Vitolo,

gvape

momofthegoons said:
:rolleyes: Sigh....please make it stop...
Ed, you know I just bought a house and cannot afford any more stems! :lol:
That Buckeye looks amazing. Especially the slab on the left.
I am right with mom.... STOP! Everytime you do this I have to spend more money on your beautiful artwork.
Also got a question for you ED.... Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the Toasty Top and although your stems work in it, I may want one custom for it. If you end up doing this I'm gonna need at least one and then to pull the trigger and get that toasty... Haha

gvape,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vitolo: Nice demo. I'm compelled to remark on the uncanny resemblance between that image and your avatar. It would be even more striking if you'd taken off your glasses. I wouldn't want to partake with the guy in the avatar though. I hear he bogarts a lot.

pakalolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pakalolo said:
Vitolo: ...It would be even more striking if you'd taken off your glasses.
I didn't need the glasses on to snap the avatar picture. I needed the glasses on to find the vapor stem with my mouth!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Vitolo, thanks for the kind words and for your thoughts in the vid!! You are the man!!!

Oh Mom and Gvape, I cant help myself, you think its hard on your end not to buy em, you should be in my shoes when I tell Mrs. Ed I have over spent this month on lumber, she was just gettn on my ass sayn "I thought you just bought some wood"! Just wait til she finds out I am about to buy $1000 worth of Amboyna Burls, she is gonna shit, and I am gonna hear it ya'll!

Gvape, I like the TT and his work, not sure I will be doing anything for it though, never say never, if you do, you will probably wind up doing it anyway.

edited: to add to Gvape

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the Toasty Top and although your stems work in it, I may want one custom for it.

gvape, although Ed's stems work in the TT, I don't want to mislead you. They are not optimum as the outer diameter is slightly smaller in Ed's stems and there is more air flow which cools the hit, but brings the vaping temp down.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I have been doing some thinking bout the tube pouches and have found a great artisan that feels really confident about making these for me, they will be made out of a cotton/hemp blend, gonna have 3 compartments for the tubes and a small compartment for a couple inserts, will have a nice flap that will cover the main compartment that will button on the front with a wooden/bone button if possible, should be a little larger than the tubes themselves, if its 3 then will probably just be a little over a couplea inches wide, a little over 4" height, thinking bout these in 3's and 6's at first. She is gonna get this done and out to me today so I look forward to having something in my hand by the end of the week, I feel good about these as does she, so lets just wait and see!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom