Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, what a week it has been yall, got down down Wednesday morning, spent Tuesday giving it hell and finishing up a rather large order of various piece for George at VC, worked many many hours that day. Called it a day bout 8pm, was just so beat, got a quick bite and was kicked back on the couch, had a weird feeling, just thought it was tired was all. Woke up the next morning feeling worn and off inside, as the morning went on got to feeling worse, I cant afford to feel bad so I called my Dr. got a quick apt. setup and was in route, seems I had took a touch of bronchitis and had a bad sinus infection, by the time I got home I was freezing to death and immediately got in the bed and under the covers balled up shivering. He gave me a steroid shot and some meds, took a day or two to take but I am much better now, not a 100% but feeling more like myself today.

So I have been looking to make a move and have been searching for a new place, was taking the back way around to the near by country store when I saw a for sale sign out by the road in a curve, got the number called the realtor, had a look and like what I saw, its a nice small 3 bedroom brick house tucked way back off the road through the woods, you cant see it from the road and if you are paying attention you will miss the driveway, I freaking love it! I gave the realtor my initial offer friday morning, I of course didnt want to pay what he was asking, who does right, I didnt offer a slap in the face amount but did hit him low, I figured he would come back with what he did so I hit low again. I did have this all thought out and was hoping it would go as I figured it would, he came back with my final offer, done deal! Its on 1 1/2 acres, has a 3 car wood frame building out to the side kinda thing, has more than enough room around it for my shops, has a deck built off the one end of the home and is just a couple miles from my place as the crow flies. I am going to have it inspected before we close to make sure its a solid buy, cant and wont spend this kinda money without a professional look it over and give me his findings. May take the end of July to close but hey I got plenty to do til then.

Gosh so much is going on yall, my big boy lathe was supposed to be here Friday afternoon but the trucking delivery service put it on the wrong truck and couldnt drop it for me, I specifically asked and paid for a lift gate on the back end of the truck, this thing weighs 400lbs. gotta have the lift gate to drop it from his truck to the bed of mine, no gate no delivery. It will be here Tuesday I am told, have a spot cleared and ready in the shop for it. Connor wants to be the first to turn on it, I am like hey this is my big boy lathe, what the heck, hes like so what dad can I still turn on it first, hmmmm we'll see!

Alright, now for this round of Show & Tell, these are in route to George, quite a bunch of pieces, alot you have already seen before so I didnt shoot them, dont think this is all he is getting, he has even more in the works on my end!

Blackwood 18mm Vong Shorts

Blackwood%20Vong%2018mm%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsuczpwvnx.jpg

Blackwood 14mm Vong Shorts

Blackwood%20Vong%2014mm%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpscodalgmv.jpg

Cocobolo 18mm Vong Shorts

Cocobolo%20Vong%2018mm%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsr4sod8yu.jpg

Cocobolo Short Woodies

Cocobolo%20VC%20Short%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsevj87al0.jpg

Blackwood Short Woodies

Blackwood%20VC%20Short%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpshko7u2zm.jpg

Blackwood Vong Woodie 14/12mm

Blackwood%20VC%20Vong%2014-12mm%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsmulnc3ga.jpg

Cocobolo Vong Woodie 14/12mm

Cocobolo%20VC%20Vong%2014-12mm%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsavkkoyfx.jpg

Amboyna Vong Woodie 14/12mm

Amboyna%20VC%20Vong%2014-12mm%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zps2dufecgq.jpg

Amboyna Long Woodies

Amboyna%20VC%20Long%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpslitszgsc.jpg

Amboyna Vongs Short 14 & 18mm

Amboyna%20Vongs%2014%20amp%2018mm%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsjq2g5fcf.jpg

Amboyna Short Woodies

Amboyna%20VC%20Short%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpss8zfolby.jpg

OneOff Long Woodies / top-bottom / Asian Curly Crape Myrtle, Bloodwood, Blue Mahoe, Bocote, US West Coast Myrtle(if any of you know about the MZ or CRZ, this wood was given to me by Rick himself, long time back, he sent me quiet the box of Myrtle for stems), Mexican Curly Katalox, Hawaiian Koa, Purpleheart, West African Zebrawood, & 1 mo Asian Crape Myrtle

VC%20Long%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpskeapqlf6.jpg

OneOff Vong Woodies 14/12mm / top - bottom / Granadillo, West Coast Myrtle(MZ/CRZ wood), Hawaiian Koa, Bloodwood, Purpleheart, Asian Curly Crape Myrtle, Mahoe, Zebrawood, Katalox

VC%2014-12mm%20Vong%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsudjnj5jq.jpg

OneOff Woodie Shorts / left -right / Bloodwood, Koa, Zebrawood, Katalox, Bloodwood, Koa, Zebrawood, katalox, koa, zebrawood

VC%20Short%20Woodies%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsk1zmctrz.jpg

Pls keep in mind, these pieces as the last I did for S&T for George have not been buttered nor finished yet, they have a whole lot more pop and bling to be added, this is just a sneak peak at whats to come!

@Mr.Sifter My man, my man, am glad you like what you see! Pls hang in there with me to get all this glass shot and posted, still got a bit more to go and plan on shooting it this week, all really nice pieces and am sure you will love them. Oh you gotta get with our guy @Aezhenn for a ring of your own, I have had mine for several months now and never take it off, am in the shower with it, working in the shop with it on, am everywhere with it and its still wearing strong, very well done and I can assure you that you will dig his work more so than mine, he for sure knows he way with the wood, give him a shout bro! Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all the best!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@SSVUN~YAH Ohhh thanks so much my man, really hope this place works out!

@MinnBobber I am sorry I have been so stinking busy with all the wholesale that I havent had time to revisit that piece. It was attached with the top portion removed and held in place by the tabs, I am not sure I posted a pic of it here hooked up. I have an old project that I mentioned above or back that I plan on ramping back up and moving full steam ahead. Keep an eye out new great things to come!

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
@Ed's TnT Wow bro! Beautiful work, the amboyna woodies are particulary gorgeous! Great idea to open the range of woodies to others species (aaaah a Koa woodie...:drool:)
Do you know when all these species will be in George's shop? :brow:

I hope you're better now. I know you're very busy, but don't forget yourself and take a rest from time to time. Take care my friend! you seem to have found a good house too! Well done!

@Mr.Sifter If you like the wooden rings, I'm working on some new models, for amboyna burl lovers (or walnut burl as well, or both... Well, all is possible! ) You can PM me for a talk.:)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Aezhenn Thanks so much for the kind words my man! The different species are just oneoff's dont figure they will last long at all, George should have them I would say by Tuesday, I know how you like Koa though, maybe if you get with him quick enough you can get one in time. He hasnt really specified which other specie he wants to add as a staple but know he wants to soon. I am getting better, still seem to have a nagging cough kinda thing here and there if I get worked up so have really been taking it easy, for the last three days I have done nothing really, did go to the city last night to a different oyster bar with my girl, had these to start

2016-05-28%2015.47.13_zps3ibqk1m7.jpg

Voodoo shrimp up top, oysters on the half left and ohhhh charbroiled oysters orleans, geez they were off the hook! Then followed up these with this big boy rib eye topped with orleans shrimp RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

2016-05-28%2016.40.48_zps4cuoqfz4.jpg

Taking it easy and feasting like a king bro!

Reflections

Drools over all the wood and food..lol hi Ed!! Been awhile since I popped in... Sounds like you have been running around like the tazmanian devil. My son has been sick for like 6 weeks now with that cough and sinus thing thats going around. Lucky your dr took care of you. I hope you start to get better in time for your camping trip soon and moving to new digs... Any of those glass pieces for the nano or underdog usage? Still digging my bog stem..much thanks for making it for us!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, so as you all already know I am always stinking busy, the few days I took off to get to feeling better havent created to much work but always still do have a lot to do. I was just talking with my girl about what all I had to do, she is like what could you really have to do, you just got out 250 pieces! I said yes I did get out 250 pieces and wasnt a couple days later I have another 270 pieces to get done and out before my vacation with the boys, there is always something to do here at Ed's TnT! Am feeling much better, still got a runny nose that is raw, oh it sucks, and a slight cough but am getting real close to a 100%. Me and the boys gotta work on our road trip list, got a lot to prepare for that also. So excited bout that trip, cant wait!

@Aezhenn The oysters were great, the steak was outa sight! Oh I love meat, I saw a funny anti vegan parody yesterday, guy was like

Funny stuff!

@Reflections Hey there, thanks for stopping by, it has been a while, I hope all is well and by now your son is back to feeling like himself, being sick sucks! I am glad you like all you have seen here lately, its fun posting up with all the cool new stuff. No mam, there will not be any glass adds for the Nano or the UD, these pieces are for bigger units that are more known globally. Hope you are doing well your way and am glad to hear you are still digging that piece I made ya way back!

Now now, for a look at what I got in yesterday, this is for sure a big boy toy, I am so excited to get this is and get to work on it soon. Got it put together yesterday and spun a rather large block of wood to see how it would spin, very little vibration, just needs to be bolted to the floor is all to solve that. This is really going to open doors for me, its much much to big for doing stems and such but will be utilized in the vapor industry, I am not quiet ready to go into all that just yet but know that great things are upon the horizon and there will be an announcement soon enough.

Big%20Boy%20Lathe_zpstmunsk0f.jpg

Be dropping bombs yall!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
That's some new toy @Ed's TnT, my 3/4HP one still puts the shits into me sometimes. 2HP should spin some big stuff up.
Did a stem today and smiled to myself. Burls are pretty as. They have a hypnotic influence over many people. I cut small ones up and just sand and polish them. But they can and do have issues.
@RastaVapa and Ed thought of both of you today when I had to try my best to save a lovely piece.
My 4mm drill was obviously singing 'The Wanderer' on it's way thru 100mm of olive.
The drill went in this end central......................and ended up here.
YcYqmuQm.jpg
ze0TmgQm.jpg

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ed, maybe try some honey for the throat and cough.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, wow what a great few days the past have been, got a bunch done and something new! We finally got some measurable rain here, my yard was brown for longest time and I so hate that. This year has been so weird, never have I had stickers in my yard like this before, they are freaking everywhere, you cant walk barefooted nor kneel down to do anything without getting a pile of them stuck in me, oh they hurt! Usually the grass grows thick and smothers out the weeds from the winter but not this year, so hoping that this bunch of rain that we got boosts grass and gets rid of the stickers. I love a thick green grassy yard, there is nothing better! Got a bunch of stems turned going to a couple dealers in the UK, will take the next day or two to finish them up and get them out. Gotta start work on another round of VC woodies, a bunch of Blackwood and Cocobolo as well as a new species line of Black & White Ebony that will be a staple to come, really like working that wood! Woot woot, got 3 weeks from today left before the boys and I leave for our big big road trip, ohhhh I cant contain my excitement!

@Aezhenn My man, I am glad you like the new lathe I got, took yesterday to bolt it down and sturdy it up, its a dream! Ohhh cant wait to show you what I have in mind and what I will be doing with it soon enough, will make an announcement below after I hit these follow ups.

@yogoshio Thanks for stopping by with your kind words and positive feedback for that piece! You gotta love wood and the fact that it wont break, big big deal to me, thats why I do what I do! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come and pls let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you.

@DrHermman Thank you also sir for stopping by with your joy for my work as well! Doing the VC stuff is alot of fun and working with George is always cool! I hope you get a chance to try out more pieces for the VC that I have done and will do. Wish you well and all the best!

@stickstones Lol, I am not going to knock you for what you do or for how you live, you do what works for you bro! I just thought the video was funny as heck, glad you got a laugh out of it also! Hope all is well my man!

@phattpiggie Glad you got a look at my newest machine, its been a lot of fun getting to know it, have been turning for so many years on the bench tops that just operating it is so different from locking the tail stock to setting the tool rest. I am one with my benchtops, from setting it, locking it in and powering it on and off, I just have a flow with them. Getting acquainted with the new one is taking time. I so feel you on the burls, turning them is like making magic happen, I love when I round a blank and watch it start to show the beauty inside then when I am just about done then hit it with fine sand paper then wire wool it really shines! I do so hate it when drilling a small blank and the bit walks on me, oh it sucks, its usually why I make my blanks a little larger OD to start with to compensate for such. Thanks for thinking of my health, sucks when I get down, it had been a while since I was last sick so figure it was about time, just hope its another while before I get that way again. Wish you all the best and successful happy turning bro!

Now for an announcement, you all have seen the lathe I just acquired, its really allowing me to bring to life a project I have been working on for years. I must tell you all about it and am freaking electric inside and out with my anxiousness and desire to make it a reality! Ok I have for a long long time wanted to make my own log vape, I have tried and tried many different ideas and ways only to hit one road block after another. I would work on it for a bit, get parts, try to make it happen but only to fail time after time after time. Alot of my delays were work load and new stuff which I would get excited about and sidetracked time after time. Yesterday was a great day in the shop, I turned a nice true Mahoe log body, its a beauty to be honest, I am very happy with how it turned out. I worked on the air pathway and have it figured out my workflow on it, that is what I always do when working on a new project, I work up the piece, think of the steps and how to do it efficiently and repetitively. When I started all this thought I was all over the place with heaters and such, I found long ago a SS heat core that is relatively simple, its capable of reaching high temps to allow it to be a versatile vape which that will do flower and concentrates. I made one a couple years back and sent it out to a guy who rocked it for quiet a while, he had great success with it vaping concentrates as that was really all he did. Its a cross between the HI and the Nano, it will have a variable temp control wired into the power cord which will be detachable from the unit. I am calling it Ed's Vapor Bomb, am figuring to offer it as Log Vape w/matching wood stem, matching wood wong w/SS bushings, & a glass stem. I already have a beta team lined out, have several folks that have been with me since the idea popped into my head and they have never stopped believing in me nor encouraging me to make it happen. I have alot to do in making it come to life, I am closer now than I have ever been before but still just not quiet there with time. I do anticipate having some working betas out soon enough and for sure pics and updates to come even sooner. I want to thank you all that have supported me all these years with your kind words, stopping by and business of course, without you all here at FC I would never be where I am today, what a blessing you all and this forum have been. Never did I ever think I would be as successful as I am or have a future so bright doing what I love, thanks again!

So exciting times are upon us and brighter days are ahead!

Top Bottom