Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@Ed's TnT yea bud from the Dixie, Over here in South Carolina . I jumped on the vapcap 420 deal to try one out. How could I resist a $20 vape right? If it lives up to all the praise I'm all in for a Woodie for the beauty and longevity. Im seeing some talk about those underdog stems. Are you going to go with the smaller diameter stainless ssteel or the over size style stainless? I'll put my vote in for smaller diameter if it counts haha.

I got me a woodie, and don't regret it!
Seriously, the VC ROCKS, combined with some Ed's wood they're unbeatable in many ways, especially if you combine it with a DynastashER.
I'm hoping for a custom VonG (Vapcap on Glass) when Ed re-commences custom work, and I've just ordered an OG Vapcap too.
The blackwood VonG is also mighty tempting.
VAS got me bad, but I could have held back if it weren't for the damn wood!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@starvingmusician24 You do know what I mean then, summer is upon us and from what I hear is forecasted to be a very dry one this year, not a good thing, only good thing about it is I hear that it will make for a better duck hunting season coming, one thing is certain, after the hot hot summer is the cold wet winter duck season! Supposed to have a trip out to West Virginia this winter on the Ohio to get another neat mount and different state plaque, come on winter! Oh so youve a lurker too? Thats cool glad you have seen what I am capable of and like what you have seen. Sure go on pick ya up a Nano stem if ya want and I will make sure you get the best of the bunch bro, I am sure it will just be the beginning like for most folks, kinda like tater chips, bet ya cant just eat one, lol!

@Copacetic LOL, got a laugh out of your opening sentence, maybe my mind is in the gutter for a sec, let me dig it out of there and wash it off, gosh knows what all it got into! Hang in there my man, we going to get right soon enough. Sounds like you are catching WAS also, see I told ya @starvingmusician24 sometimes folks just cant help themselves, its an addiction and believe me I know some guys round here with a serious wood monkey on their backs.

@Mr.Sifter This is what I have listed at my website -

I have designed and am making these stems now with a completely new wood to bushing style connection to make it easier with less hassle for cleaning and such for you the user. You will notice that ever stem that ships out now December 15th, 2015 comes with a few extra screens and now 3 high temperature orange orings. I am now turning a small groove into the wooden shaft that presses into the stainless steel bushing where I slide on oring over the end of the shaft and into the groove. The shaft is then pressed into the SS bushing and held in place securely with a compression fit. Having the oring allows the user to simple slide off the bushing and easily remove the screen while leaving the clip in place. You can then take a cotton swab dipped in high proof alcohol and swab out the inside of the stem and bushing. Let it dry, place a new screen under the clip, the oring should still be in good shape but if not simply take the old one off and slide on a new one, then press the shaft end of the wooden stem into the bushing for a solid fit.

Please do remember, these wooden stems should never be washed, soaked, submerged or dipped in any liquid what so ever! This will cause the wood to swell and may crack, surely it will discolor and neither is any of these any good!

Below is also posted there at my site as recommended by my good man @Snappo

Here's a tip on how to really clean the inside of your Ed's wooden stems - take a paper towel and twist it into a tight rope, then feed it into the stem through the mouth-tip end while twisting & pushing it through ...keep twisting and you will route out any unwanted residual matter - works much better & more thoroughly than with Q-Tips. If you want an even cleaner extraction, use a very thin wash cloth or handkerchief and moisten with alcohol - use twist & route method above and have a fresh showroom-new Ed's TnT custom stem! And don't forget to use your Ed's Bomb Ass Butter to reinvigorate the wood;-)

Hope all this is helpful!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski My man, thats what I was hoping to hear and thank you for pipping up with that info! Will probably do Maple & Walnut on the low end and add a couple exotics as upgrades, have a couple species that I havent ever introduced as far as retail goes that would go great with the UD and also stand apart from the other units I do stems for. Thanks for your input bro!

Of course if you happen to make any stems in a black walnut just let me know :). Not sure how anyone else feels but I reckon that having high grade wood in Maple & Walnut would be perfect ffor the UD. If you have the ability to update your webstore it would be really cool to see ready made exotics/customs available & I think there would be a market of people who are uncertain about getting a custom or exotic piece. There is also the bowerbirds of FC who would swoop on anything different & "shiny".

@starvingmusician24 I am with you all the way. I purchased 2 OG's on impulse for 420 but if I like them (no reason not to) then I will have to get a Ti & a VonG because thats the way it is in this world.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Of course if you happen to make any stems in a black walnut just let me know :). Not sure how anyone else feels but I reckon that having high grade wood in Maple & Walnut would be perfect ffor the UD. If you have the ability to update your webstore it would be really cool to see ready made exotics/customs available & I think there would be a market of people who are uncertain about getting a custom or exotic piece. There is also the bowerbirds of FC who would swoop on anything different & "shiny".

Have a whole bunch of Black Walnut, its by far one of my choice woods, I have turned 1,000's of pieces in that species and know it more so than many of the others I offer. Ill get the site and all updated with the additions to come before long. Really got to get the ton of glass stuff shot and added ASAP, cant sell what isnt listed, gots plenty to do for sure. Hang in there with me, am sure you are like most and have been hanging in there with me for quiet a while already. We'll get right soon!

By the way, any one down south looking for an internship? Since I cant find a human cloning company just yet sure could use a couple extra hands round the shop to help out with smalls!

E0x

Have a whole bunch of Black Walnut, its by far one of my choice woods, I have turned 1,000's of pieces in that species and know it more so than many of the others I offer. Ill get the site and all updated with the additions to come before long. Really got to get the ton of glass stuff shot and added ASAP, cant sell what isnt listed, gots plenty to do for sure. Hang in there with me, am sure you are like most and have been hanging in there with me for quiet a while already. We'll get right soon!

By the way, any one down south looking for an internship? Since I cant find a human cloning company just yet sure could use a couple extra hands round the shop to help out with smalls!

hello Mr @"Ed's TnT ,

i have a project in mind that i want do but i have none wood skill but i am willing to learn , sadly i am not in USA so i can't take that internship offer that maybe will help with my goal , but instead i want ask what skill do i need learn for do thinks like you , of course i not talking about the artistic side of your job for more about shape the wood in the way i want.

thank you in advanced

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
hello Mr @"Ed's TnT ,

i have a project in mind that i want do but i have none wood skill but i am willing to learn , sadly i am not in USA so i can't take that internship offer that maybe will help with my goal , but instead i want ask what skill do i need learn for do thinks like you , of course i not talking about the artistic side of your job for more about shape the wood in the way i want.

thank you in advanced

Hello and thank you for stopping by, hmm hit me up via PM here and lets talk about what you have in mind and we can go from there, either I can help or I cant, I will sure do my best to if possible bro!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Damn I've been slacking on this thread, beautiful stuff all around! Those stems are amazing @Philreal187 i really dig them all! That Thuya Burl :o and the Kingswood are my favorites!

@Ed's TnT I have been slacking (and quite busy) but I was rummaging through some stuff the other day and lo and behold I found that stem all packaged up ready to send to ya lol! I will send it out your way! (The Afzelia with the broken nub)

Glad to see alls well!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, whoaaa been busting butt working on a load for George at VC, got a bunch of woodies headed his way today, the rest of this run will head out next week with Vongs and short woodies and other goodies. Been working so hard cause I am taking the weekend off, headed up to Memphis this weekend for the music festival. Cant wait to go but so hate I cant make it to the boys shoot competition this saturday, have had this trip planned since January, my guy and his girl are coming down from up north to meet my girl and I for the event. The boys mom is taking them so will get pic texted to me and updates round the clock, so hope they do well and am excited for them. I like to do fun stuff when I go out of town like this, got an idea to do this, bout a bunch of stick ons so I am going to be

Hello_zpsvj5zzr7t.jpg

Got enough of them that I can be whoever I wanna be whenever it strikes me. My guy is going to be Carlos and his girl Sally, lol, like he said there aint no telling who we will wind up after we are 3 sheets to the wind! Going to be a great time, there is no doubt!

So for a quick round of Show & Tell, here is a small handfull of Cocobolo VC woodies, never mind the teeny tiny lines you see in the wood, these are so finite that are always on the pieces when I am done before I butter and polish them so dont sweat em!

VC%20Woodies-%20Eds%20TnT_zpshk5gg8oi.jpg

Wow you gotta love Cocobolo, the second piece from the right is outstanding, busted a couple pieces like it, not cool. These are going to make alot of people very happy!

Now get a look at what I got in yesterday, 15lbs of buckeye slabs and chunks, these are really nice, just think of what all could be made from such.

Buckeye%20Burl%20Slabs%20amp%20Chunks%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsg06m5nm8.jpg

Thats it yall, wish everyone the best, cant wait to get out and enjoy this weekend, going to be a blast for sure!

What yall think, might even be IGNOSCIO, yeah thats me!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, wow what a weekend away it was, very well needed and a must! I am almost back to normal after the 3 days away, yesterday I was close but today I am much closer. Saw Panic at the Disco first off, never heard of them before, I did youtube them before going and wasnt very impressed am sure you all know that seeing someone live is much different than a video, they were great! Then left out for Neil Young, I didnt realize he is 70 year old, I knew he was getting on up there but you couldnt tell it by how he was laying it down, all the guys on stage with him had to be in there 20's and seemed to be giving it just as hard as he did. The below video was the opening to his show, was a 40 minute opening of Down By The River, I took some video but quickly ran out of storage on my phone, I found this video, he must have been to the right of me and got all but like 5 minutes, truly I have never seen a musician open this hard, this is one of my all time best concert memories ever! I have always been into Neil Young, always hoped to see him, never thought I would be able to but hey I did and this is what I saw

We had a little rain earlier in the day, held out for the rest of the night, was super beat afterwards. Next day was another great day, met my guy and his girl, went to the civil rights museum there in Memphis at the Laramie Hotel where Dr. King was shot, learned alot about history and his last moments, what I learned most, Dr. King never let violence change his ways, he stayed true and knew love will always over come hate, good will beat evil every time!

Later that day we saw Cypress Hill, was their 25th anniversary, had forgotten I was that old and they had been around that long

Ate alot of BBQ, even had cheese steak fries, RRRRRR it was thick sliced steak fries covered in shredded steak then covered with cheese and jalapenos, geez what an appetizer!

Now I am back in the shop, gotta finish up an initial order for George at VC then will be getting to a secondary with him so that he has some stock built up. Alot is going on yall and great things are coming soon! Hope you all like the videos I posted and are able to feel the excitement I experienced!

@starvingmusician24 Hello my man, ahhhh I am getting closer to getting caught up on outstanding orders as far as wholesale goes, but as I mentioned I am about to give it another go for George, trying to talk him into doubling, tripling and maybe more up while I am working on him and before I get other wholesale orders. I will tell you that I did purchase all that Buckeye Burl for doing custom and other stuff when I am able to get back to it. I have mentioned it, I am a wood hoarder, its an addiction I am dealing with, have many treasures put back here, there, everywhere! Really glad you like that piece you got, I know you wanted one with varying tones and colors, I thought that piece would have had more from the outside but when it turned out there wasnt what I saw from the start but what did turn out was the eyes, very neat and am glad you like it! The compression fit is really the way to go now, you are so right, they super sleek and clean all the way round, easy to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance then put back together for another session.

@SSVUN~YAH I really like seeing that shot of the Amboyna you are using, that was a really fun piece to make, love the the contrast it has! Thanks for dropping my man, hope all is well!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Oh wot an awesome post Ed!!! :tup:
It looks & sounds like you have had a fantastic weekend! And I'm really very pleased that you got to see Neil. The man is a living legend! He lays his soul out on display for all to see with every gruelling performance. He's amazing. I've been lucky enough to catch him a few times - and I haven't been the same since :whoa:

And Cypress Hill too?!! :rockon:

Oh happy daze!

Peace, love, and the good will out!

:peace:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning

@VegNVape My man, you know what I am talking about, Neil is so the man! Glad you liked my post brother and hope all is well your way, always good to hear from you!

so I got to George via a few texts back and forth showing him whats headed his and you alls way soon, was excited to make these and had to do a S&T with him, these are 14mm Woodie Vong longs, am what I am calling them, I know there is probably a different lingo for these and I am trying to keep it simple on my end considering all I do. Now for the good stuff

This piece is Blackwood of course, 14mm tapered to 12mm to fit in the stashes as George requested

Blackwood%2014mm%20Woodie%20Vong%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpscup0cexj.jpg

Ahh this is of course Cocobolo with a twist or two literally, in fact this piece has the grain going sideways with some highlight curls, is freaking intense in the light, so vibrant and brilliant!

Cocobolo%2014mm%20Woodie%20Vong%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zps7ezvtwps.jpg

I know I have a few more like this blanked out but is so hard to turn like this, takes alot of finesse and time, hope the other turn out!

Alot of other great stuff is coming, dont wanna give it away until there is something to look at so keep an eye out yall!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow! Stunning pieces, as always bro!
I bought a solo to use one of your beautiful stems, and I will buy a Vapcap for the same reason... I like your work so much, you're the man! :tup:

Thanks so much my good man, I am sure you can see in those pics some of your work right, so dig my wooden ring! I am glad you are going to get a VC, am sure you will be very happy with it. No way I am not the man, I just try to think what would the man do, concentrate on that and when I see him I try to walk in his foot prints, thats my story and I am sticking to it!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, been a little while since I stopped by here, been turning pieces out for the VC, been a lot of fun doing that, yesterday was a particularly good day, got a bunch turned and only screwed up about 3 or 4. So first of the week we started out at the ballgame, was at 7pm they only play an hour, was a good game we got beat 17-13 not a bad night and not a hard beating but a loss none the less. The boys are young and anxious to get the ball out of their hands so they just throw it to the base man the runner is headed to, base guy will miss it and the ball is all over the place, they are learning, sometimes we win sometimes we loose but its still a good time! So I live in the country, am headed home, hmmmm blue lights is there a wreck, hmmm seems the sheriffs have a road block set up where ya turn off the main country road to my country road, guy says where ya coming from, I said from a butt whooping at the ball park 17-13, he gets a laugh and lets me by, guess they were hunting someone hoping he might turn up. Where I live like I said is rural and alot of drivers run that route to avoid any run ins with whom ever. The week has been good so far, got alot happening, had a light go off in my head for a project I have been working on so I was off into town this morning running around thinking about materials for tooling and such, going to be fun if I can get it right. Put in my order for that big boy lathe a few days ago, wont be shipped til the end of the month so I have some time for rearranging. Got another ballgame tonight, maybe we will pull out a win, sure could use one! Just wanted to pop in and show you all I got published for the hunt and the mount I had made, just found out this morning it went live, so those of you that have never seen me before can get a gander at me if ya like, I am the guy in the blue, hope you all like the shots and the read, am anxious to hear what you all think. You can check it out here -
http://www.texassportingjournal.com/5622-2/
http://www.texassportingjournal.com/5622-2/

Boys got one week left in school then its out for the summer, we have 6 weeks before our big trip out west, ohhh I cant stinking wait, am so ready to find out the truth, I know its out there, little green men with big heads shouldnt be that hard to find!

@Aezhenn What we do is such a blessing, the gifts from Mother Nature and our talents from God, am sure you are just as happy to give back as I am to those that appreciate what we do, be well my friend!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, hope all is well out there, been a busy few days past. My youngest had a ballgame thursday night, he is a small kid, for sure one of the smallest on the team but has a big big heart, the game was tight, had some storm clouds on the way in, his last at bat he got an in field home run, woot woot! Just a few minutes after that, it began thundering and lightning so they called the game, tied at 8-8, Kyle got the game ball! I am almost certain that Tuesday will be their last day, my oldest will go into high school next year and they all are exempt from further testing due to their grades being so good! I went ahead a got a little happy early for them last week, it should be here Tuesday, got them Doom for PS4, I played that when I was a kid, it just released friday, looks awesome, way better graphics then what I grew up looking at, really cool. Going to have to do something extra special next week for em if I can get them out of the house, already told em that one day we are wetting hooks, hoping I can take them to dinner also, pretty sure I have mentioned it here, once they get home, they arent leaving unless the place is on fire, lol! Last night my girl and I went to the city for a get together with her family, was a great time, we cooked the fried catfish and gator nuggets, they did ribs, pork chops, chicken, sausage, hot dogs, a freaking big pot of shrimp & crawfish with taters and corn, woweee you name it I ate it and then finished it off with a big big helping of banana pudding, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! So all in all had a great week this one past, now to end this one and hope for another! Oh yeah the other day was headed home and had a shower pop up leaving town, got on the highway and there it was big and bright, the colors were very bold, sucks the phone didnt take a shot that I saw with my eyes, still very nice and you can see a faint double, supposed to be good luck I think to see 2 at one time

2016-05-12%2019.00.19_zpsd2c7lyzm.jpg

Now for a little quick S&T, I have often said I wish you all could see what I see when turning and working, I picked up this piece of Cocobolo, new from the outside it had a burl spot, figured it would turn out and was hoping it would cooperate with me.

2016-05-13%2009.58_zpsyzcpkmyn.jpg

Ohhh its so much fun to see a piece like this after you turn off the edges, the colors start to show themselves and I get all excited inside but then I think ohhh sure hope it doesnt crack on me, most of the time they dont but just as beautiful they are sometimes they go to crap real quick even at the last second. This is what it turned out to be

2016-05-13%2010.20_zpsfjjqukzb.jpg

So some lucky person will get this Cocobolo Woodie VC body very soon! Sure hate they dont all look like this, but hey thats just how it turns out in the end!

Now just put in for this big boy lathe, it wont be in the warehouse til the 25th and hope its route very very soon after, omgosh, can you say YAYYYYY! I am so excited, this thing has a 2hp motor, 16" x 46" working dimension over bed, I could turn ball bats with this thing, you can turn the head stock around and turn off bed for bigger turning, has variable speed shift on the fly, whooooo I am giddy to a point lol!

g0462-de0e654d849d95172d53aa0a9794c396.jpg

Have figured how to fit this thing in my tiny shop, alot of stuff has to go, wasnt really important anyhow, just gotta move it from one place to another, the foot print of this lathe is 72" from side to side, like I said big boy lathe, not the biggest but sure aint the smallest!

Alota fun ahead yall, summer is here, school is out, vacations to be had, fun fun fun!!!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Ooooohhhh MAN , that's a GORGEOUS stem Ed, truly special.

I'm curious about turning large pieces off the bed of your new lathe (nice bit of kit BTW).
What would you use as a tool rest?
Just improvise?, or can you buy some sort of free-standing rest to go with the lathe?

Edit because i'm stoopid

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

I'm curious about turning large pieces off the bed of your new lathe (nice bit of kit BTW).
Just improvise?, or can you buy some sort of free-standing rest to go with the lathe?

Edit because i'm stoopid
That's Ed, not George! :myday:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

Edit because i'm stoopid

Hey hey, glad you liked what I was able to turn out! You know I am not certain what type of accessory one would use for such off bed turning but am sure you are probably right about some sort of free standing tool post/rest, I wanna say I have seen a few videos of guys turning huge bowls or platters that used some kind of device like that to accomplish their work. I know I am not there yet to take on such large tasks but when the time comes I will have to do some research for sure!

@Quetzalcoatl My man, always great to see you pop in here or there, thanks for stopping by, hope all is well for you!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well out there, got a big big evening planned shortly, my oldest finishes jr high and moves on to high school tonight, my youngest got awards for the highest average in all his classes yesterday in the first grade, gosh that and he is reading a 4th grade level, still trying to figure out where he got the brains from. This is there last day in school for the year, am so excited for them all! Just wanted to stop by and share this as well as what I did yesterday,

Been a while since I showed any Solo stems, did a few Cocobolo and Blackwood, really like the tones of the Cocobolo and hope you all do as well

Blackwood%20amp%20Cocobolo%20Wood%20Solo%20Stems%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zps1a67fpod.jpg

Hope all is well out there and wish everyone a great day!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Wow, it has been said before, but you make awesome stuff out of wood. Cheers to you and your kids. As it looks now it wont be long till they explain the difference between they're, their and there :evil:. But all joking aside, every time I see something made by you it looks beautiful.:love: :clap:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, talk about busy yall, I have been turning and turning and turning some more, just you all wait and see all the goodies I have spun out for George and the VC, absolute stunners, got some really nice Amboyna Vongs coming that I need to shoot, mostly red with some 2 tone, even got one that is all golden colored Amboyna in 14 & 18mm, got a bunch of woodies coming. Was touching base with George the other morning, got some really neat ideas to do that you all will love for sure. He added a few more to this batch that will go out in a day or two then added a bunch more to get done in the coming days, so excited yall, these are alot of fun to make! My road trip with the boys is coming up soon, almost a month away, we gotta go through our gear soon setup the tent air up the mattresses get the grill and cooking stuff gathered up, fishing gear, make a list of what we have and need to get, and still gotta put a trip plan together. There is so many cool things to see and visit, I gotta put together a route and research where we will be near by and see what we can stop by and enjoy, didnt the Griswold's mention seeing the worlds largest ball of twine, gosh thats gotta be fun right, lol surely there is something cooler than that, we are going to find it. Did see Larry the Cable Guy at Dragon Guns in Colorado Springs where its gotta be the largest gun collection in the US with so many different type of arms with a shooting range and all that, Connor so wants to stop by that, think we may be close enough to do so after leaving Yellow Stone. If anyone out there knows some really neat stuff to see pls pls let us know, we are leaving MS to Roswell, then up to the Hoover Dam, then around through Utah to Yellow Stone, then the long trip back home, going to be a blast! Got alot to do next week and so looking forward to taking pics of all this wood going to George,cant wait to see what you all think of it all! So I did get some more glass shot, gotta bet some more info about it all but wanted to show you all what else I have coming, believe me I have alot more coming, really neat stuff, hope you like what I am about to post up.

Here we have Glassware Show & Tell

First up we have a 14mm Mighty WPA, the silicone sleeve allows for it to fit within the unit solid and snug

Mighty%2014mm%20WPA%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsfupgzxft.png

Here is the 18mm version of the same piece

Mighty%2018mm%20WPA%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsuva0zymz.png

Here we have the Atomic Arizer Air/Solo Whip Adapter with silicone whip, its rather long and flexible, will get ya more info on it later, you can see it has the wide open draw hole with the conical screen for the best vapor draw

Arizer%20Air-Solo%20Whip%20Adapter%20w-Silicone%20Whip%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpswosfhihu.png

Here is the Atomic Arizer Air/Solo 14mm WPA

Atomic%20Arizer%20Air-Solo%2014mm%20WPA%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpstjdszrcs.png

This is the Vapir Prima 14mm WPA, I am not familiar with this unit but what I have seen this piece should make it more versatile

Vapir%20Prima%2014mm%20WP%20Adapter%20-%20Eds%20TnT_zpsxq2rfktb.png

All these pieces will be available soon, I have added some to the site, need to add these and the rest and figure pricing for them all before I can make the available but pls let me know what you all think and ask any questions you may have, I will do my best to fill you in!

@Drexciya My man, thanks for posting up bro with the kind words for all our work! I am really glad you like what you see and thank you for stopping by!

Top Bottom