Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Ed, I absolutely love that Wong with the turquoise. Thank you so much for making this piece so special. A very beautiful Wong, I'm sure it works as wonderful as it looks. A big thank you for making it for me, I'm blown away.:love:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Ed, I absolutely love that Wong with the turquoise. Thank you so much for making this piece so special. A very beautiful Wong, I'm sure it works as wonderful as it looks. A big thank you for making it for me, I'm blown away.:love:
Ed's stems just make my vape experience so much more enjoyable. Oftentimes, glass makes me feel like a guest in a house where the plastic-covered furniture isn't meant to be sat on - too frail, sterile, and impersonal. Fine custom wood makes me feel at home where I belong, warm & cozy, sitting all comfy in front of a crackling fireplace on a cool night - PERFECT! :nod::2c::2c::2c::nod::nod:

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mothers here! I have gotten the website edited with all the wooden Enano Stem info and also my shopping cart, they are all now live and are available for purchase! I appreciate everyones enthusiasm for the new pieces I posted above. Thank you all for commenting!

@Reflections I thank you and have something for you to look at, hope it matches your piece and cant wait to see a pic of the pair!

Curly Hawaiian Koa, it was hard to shoot the stripes in this pose so I held it in my hand which gave it a little more light.

2014-05-11043318_zps0b355cfb.jpg

2014-05-11043744_zpsb9d5f4d7.jpg

Also got a request for a 18mm Nano Wong, I wanted to see how it would look before I turned a piece of exotic wood and didnt like the way it was going, so this is a 18mm male Nano Wong made from Pine, its 3" in length, has the neat little rings and edges, and you can see where the turquoise will go in the center. On each side of where the turquoise will be a neat little trick I have gotten last week, its called a KC wire burner, you have a small tough piece of wire held between two wooden balls on the ends of the wire so you can hold it. You make a mark or eyeball the piece and hold the wire down fairly hard, its creates a nice burned accent to the stem and kinda sets up the turquoise. Hers a pic below to give yo an idea of what I am seeing!

2014-05-11015520_zpsdf82a926.jpg

I hope you all dig the pieces and if you need anything pls let me know. Get those orders in for the Nano stems today and they ship tomorrow!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Hello and good morning everyone, Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful mothers here! I have gotten the website edited with all the wooden Enano Stem info and also my shopping cart, they are all now live and are available for purchase! I appreciate everyones enthusiasm for the new pieces I posted above. Thank you all for commenting!

@Reflections I thank you and have something for you to look at, hope it matches your piece and cant wait to see a pic of the pair!

Curly Hawaiian Koa, it was hard to shoot the stripes in this pose so I held it in my hand which gave it a little more light.

2014-05-11043318_zps0b355cfb.jpg

2014-05-11043744_zpsb9d5f4d7.jpg

Also got a request for a 18mm Nano Wong, I wanted to see how it would look before I turned a piece of exotic wood and didnt like the way it was going, so this is a 18mm male Nano Wong made from Pine, its 3" in length, has the neat little rings and edges, and you can see where the turquoise will go in the center. On each side of where the turquoise will be a neat little trick I have gotten last week, its called a KC wire burner, you have a small tough piece of wire held between two wooden balls on the ends of the wire so you can hold it. You make a mark or eyeball the piece and hold the wire down fairly hard, its creates a nice burned accent to the stem and kinda sets up the turquoise. Hers a pic below to give yo an idea of what I am seeing!

2014-05-11015520_zpsdf82a926.jpg

I hope you all dig the pieces and if you need anything pls let me know. Get those orders in for the Nano stems today and they ship tomorrow!
It just keeps getting better and better!!! The Hawaiian Koa is over the top!!! Beautiful!!!

Last edited:

Reflections

The piece is absolutley exquisite Ed!! Thanks for making one for me..cant wait to show it off! I have a feeling I might want many more..stems...wongs..loving all the work you do..each piece is so special, so I'm feeling special now too :nod:

Last edited:

namasteIII

Hello good people of FC and Ed. I have a quick question about these beautiful stems, specify the solo. I have heard that useing These with the solo widens out the area where you put the stem in. I'm hopeing this is not true because I want to be able to also use my stock stems and not have to worry about them falling out. Can anyone comment on this?
- Thanks in advance, oh and happy Mother's Day to you all!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Hello good people of FC and Ed. I have a quick question about these beautiful stems, specify the solo. I have heard that useing These with the solo widens out the area where you put the stem in. I'm hopeing this is not true because I want to be able to also use my stock stems and not have to worry about them falling out. Can anyone comment on this?
- Thanks in advance, oh and happy Mother's Day to you all!
I have heard it said, but I have not found that to be the case. I have noticed no difference in the looseness of the glass stems after using Ed's wood stems. The glass stems become loose always after 1st or 2nd use on their own anyway. Many good folks then use high temp O-rings to secure their glass stems so they don't shake, rattle, & roll. Personally, the eventual glass stem looseness never bothered me, but that's just me. Also, you'll find that the bent glass stem will rotate on you due to the offset in weight given the bend. The straight glass stems will just be loose. Without the O-ring, inverting your Solo is not an option with the glass stems. But with Ed's, you could do back flips and hoola hoops and the stems won't budge. I'm very biased - it's Ed's all-the-way for me!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
The teflon ring widens with use, whether by a wooden or glass stem.
Removing the top, then placing the unit top down on a hard flat surface... with pressure, will re-seat that teflon gasket and renew the tightness.
For speed some folks use the back of a spoon to push around on that teflon ring.

Newcastle

Stoned!
My Tnt stem is larger than my glass and yes it stretched it out. I only use the wood stem and it fits like a glove. I would have to use an o ring or the spoon/film canister trick to tighten it up. With that being said, my two glass stems were different sizes also. The bent is larger than the straight, I think.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, I hope all is well out there and all you mothers had a great day yesterday with your families!

@namasteIII I started making these stems with the intention of making them have a tight fit. I had several people tell me they were unhappy with they way the glass stems fit, they were either tight or really loose and tended to fall out. I didnt want anyone to have this issue with any o f my pieces so I made them fit tight and snug. I have been told that they may even stretch the gasket area of the heat port. Many people have told me that they fixed this problem by installing a high temp Oring over the gasket area and under the top of the unit. I hope this doesnt deter you from wanting to get one. I thank you for your interest in my work and hope to hear from you again soon.

@Snappo Thanks for popping in and giving your input, I hope it was found to be useful!

@Vitolo I also appreciate your input as well Vito and your tips!

@Newcastle You said it bro, the glass is varies from piece to piece and can either be loose or tight, mine are as close to the same in each and every piece.

@RUDE BOY Hang in there with me bro, you should be able to purchase one by Friday at the earliest or at least by Saturday morning at the latest! I have been up since midnight turning Solo stems in various species. I have finished all my dealer orders mostly, still have one more for PIU that he wanted to go ahead and get first in line for. I gotta get my retail back in stock and be able to provide the special pieces I only offer. Not too much longer, we are almost there!

Ok now is the fun part! I love pictures! I made a 14mm male 3" Enano Wong from curly Asian Crape Myrtle. It has the thin turquoise band and I also added a couple of burn rings to it also. I hope you all like it. Its not for anyone special or a custom order. Its available if anyone wants it, and if they get with me today, it will ship tomorrow!

2014-05-12004255_zps2634f88b.jpg

2014-05-12004406_zpse45d61d2.jpg

I wish you all well and hope you have a great day!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
oh Ed, those are looking so good!! Keep up the creativity! I like to use my HI w/ the tiny SS tip that fit inside the heat core, not sure if you can make those in wong style. I will need to wait a bit for finances to regroup. I had a bad case of GAS recently. LOL :rofl:

namasteIII

Thanks for the reply Ed and everyone else for their help. I will deffently be picking up a stem as soon as I can, as well as some O rings. Ed you have an amazing work ethic and it really shows of in the true beauty of your product I will be so glad to support you with my business and hope you continue to do what you love and keep the pasion alive in your work.
Thanks again everyone!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Alright!
I have a First-Edition Ed's TnT stem for the Hammer coming! it's first edition cuz... I'm the test bunny. :)

Hope you all appreciate the hard, repetitive, grueling work I'll be putting in, making sure that he's got it just right, so the flood gates can open for the rest of you waiting for a Hammer stem. ;)

And, Ed, you might start posting the Nano stems & wongs over on the E Nano thread... ;)

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Alright!
I have a First-Edition Ed's TnT stem for the Hammer coming! it's first edition cuz... I'm the test bunny. :)

Hope you all appreciate the hard, repetitive, grueling work I'll be putting in, making sure that he's got it just right, so the flood gates can open for the rest of you waiting for a Hammer stem. ;)

And, Ed, you might start posting the Nano stems & wongs over on the E Nano thread... ;)
Those Nano stems are heirloom quality stunners, aren't they!?! I'll be posting pics of my new Nano stems & Wongs as soon as they arrive ...stay tuned!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good afternoon everyone, so far its been go, go, go all morning long and it doesnt seem like its slowing down for a while. Have been working since midnight, gave it hell in the shop til 6am, got the kids off to school and have been doing admin stuff and running errands non stop. I got a new idea I am tossing around in my head since yesterday thanks to an FC member. I got a good feeling you all will like what I am putting together and look forward to show and tell! Pls stay tuned!

@Reflections Glad you dig the burn marks, they do add to the character of the piece and doesnt overwhelm it.

@as Hang in there with me, I got other ideas, when the time is right let me know, I'll fix you up.

@jambandphan03 I have a new dealer for SS tubing, they have so many different sizes its crazy, they have some SS with almost no wall thickness, its so thin it could be a freaking hypodermic syringe. Holla when youre feeling it and well talk more about it.

@namasteIII I appreciate the kind words, those make all my hard work and effort worth it! Pls let me know what you wanna do and will go from there.

@Enchantre I look forward to all your feedback and input. I do feel that piece will handle all the abuse you can give it. I cant post my work in another guys thread, thats a no no! Pls spread the word for me, I could use all the help.

@Snappo I look forward to working your blanks, these custom pieces take a little more time to create but its a pleasure to do. Thank you for the opportunity!

@PPN I appreciate the business and will make sure you get the best of the bunch. I look forward to your thoughts, pls share em with me.

I wish you all well and a great day!

Top Bottom