1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy ABV Coconut Oil Recipe(Crockpot)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Nosferatu, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Ozyzj

Ozyzj Well-Known Member

I would advocate against mixing fresh bud with vaped bud for recipes, and I would especially advocate against any use of ABV for fatigue. I've tried capsules numerous times and often had trouble with dosage. I've found great success with recipes that are oil-heavy, and filling a dropper bottle with my oil to meter the dosage. If you are like me, you will find that even 1/4 ounce of herb can last a very long time when converted into oil. Either way, I think you would be best served by splitting your oil into separate batches in order to compare the effects of the two source materials.

In my experience, ABV preparations aren't very beneficial except for pain relief (also works great for healing the skin) and sleep. On the other hand, I've found that preparations made from fresh bud are quite suitable for daytime use and do a great job of curbing fatigue.

jeffp and Squiby like this.
  2. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

Used this method yesterday. Only difference is I added liquid lecithin to the mixture. Made some very potent mint chocolates. Thanks for the easy method!

CarolKing and Squiby like this.
  3. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

Where do you guys find lecithin granules at locally?

I've checked over a half dozen stores and can't seem to find it anywhere. What section of the store is it typically in?

Thanks.

4. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

Typically it is in the baking aisle or natural foods aisle. I would bet you can find it at a health food store like Whole Foods.
    I bought mine off Amazon

CarolKing likes this.
  5. Maitri

Maitri Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Yeah - and if possible, get it in powder form. I have never used powdered lecithin but wow has it got to be easier to work with than the granules, which seem to take an awful long time to dissolve in the hot THC/coconut oil.

6. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

I purchased liquid lecithin. Can't get any easier than that. :)

Maitri likes this.
  7. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

Used this method for some brownies to stay up during family Christmas. 3oz of ABV made 10oz of VERY potent infused oil.

The brownies were incredible, both in flavor and potency. Still have 2oz left over.

8. Maitri

Maitri Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Wonderful! :)

One question: Are you referring to volume or weight? Heh, one of the many reasons I prefer the metric system over this one...

9. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

ABV was weight, coconut oil is volume.

I too prefer metric, but living in the US, it's not easy lol.

Maitri likes this.
  10. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

Whippin some up right now!

11. GeekyGodiva

GeekyGodiva Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie

I have about 1/2 oz avb and a couple of oz decarbed trim in the crock pot simmering in a blend of avocado and coconut oil. Been warming for 14 hours, turned it off so I can sleep without being concerned with stirring. Still scouring stores for lecithin. Love the smell of the house, though the roommates don't, but they are cool and accept that this is for my health. Will report back in a couple days when the oil is finished.

jeffp likes this.
  12. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

Coco oil good! I mix it with peanut butter and just eat it. Thanks OP.

Maitri likes this.
  13. Silent

Silent HEY, HEY, HEYHEEEY, VAPE WEED EVERY DAY

So i just made this with around 32g of medium vaped AVB (Around 5.5-6.0 on my e-nano). End result is around 1 cup of coconut oil, its pretty dark coloured. I'm going to try 1/2 teaspoon mixed in with a hot chocolate tomorrow and report back the effects. It looks very strong. I had some on my fingers after removing the water from the cooled oil and i used it as a topical on a sore shoulder and the effect was very noticeable but that could have been placebo. Looking forward to seeing how it affects me tomorrow and if it is strong. All my previous avb attempts have been extremely weak with little to no effects even when using multiple ounces of AVB.

GreenHopper, Maitri and jimfish4130 like this.
  14. Silent

Sorry for the double post. Time to edit expired. So i tried half a teaspoon and it felt pretty nice. lasted around 5-6 hours and it was pretty much solely localised in my body, mostly my arms and legs. I'm currently sipping on a breakfast hot chocolate with 1 teaspoon in it and i think that this is going to have a greater, more stoney effect. Hopefully it is, that's what days off are for!

EDIT: Didn't feel 1 teaspoon so i just drank a second with another teaspoon and i've immediately hit 7/10 highness. I think this is going to get intense.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    GreenHopper likes this.
  15. Silent

So I guess this thread is kind of dead? Sorry for the triple post, the time to edit expired again lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to update now that I've finished my coconut oil (nearly, one dose left for tomorrow).
    In the end I upped my dosage to 1 tbsp or 3 tsps per serving and that really affected me nicely. I mix the coconut oil on the hob with some milk and add cocoa powder and sweetener and some vanilla essence and then drink it down as a hot chocolate. It starts to kick in around 1 hour after drinking and can last as long as 12 hours. Sometimes eating a meal triggers a "second wave" and I can barely open my eyes whilst i'm in that heavenly full up after eating phase. I've also tried mixing a tbsp of oil with some cookie dough and made 3 small cookies with it and that also worked very nicely, with the same effects as the hot chocolate.

One thing I did notice is that if you microwave the oil it greatly reduces the potency. I started to make the hot chocolates on the stove because the microwave was unreliable... I assume it was heating the oil too hot and it was burning away the THC or something... someone correct me if i am wrong! Either way, the recipes i made that did not use a microwave were much stronger than the ones that required the microwave, even though the dosage was always the same at 1tbsp per.

My only complaint with this recipe is the taste. Even with sweetener, vanilla and cocoa powder, this tastes pretty foul. I'm going to try the water curing method next time i make this in hopes that it fixes this bad taste. At the beginning its bearable but after drinking it nearly every day i started to hate the thought of the next one. The effect is provides is more than worth it but that 10 minutes of drinking time stretches for what feels like hours as you try to gulp it down. The cookies I made were slightly better but still pretty bad and ultimately it is easier to gulp down a drink than it is to chew on the cookies and have the taste spread around your mouth more! If the water curing doesnt work i guess i'll try putting them in capsules but in my experience edibles always work better as a food item or drink that just taking caps. Maybe this will be different as it is in the coconut oil, before i just took straight AVB caps to little effect lol.

Well... Hopefully my posts inspire some more discussion on this as i really think this is the best use of AVB, followed very closely by making RSO with some ISO alcohol. I will probably alternate between the two as making rick simpson oil is a very fun process and i like the taste of that when i vape it.

So, anyone have ideas on what can mask the taste of this if water curing doesn't help? Maybe some other recipes other than hot chocolates and cookies?

peace and good vibrations to all of you

:peace::leaf::peace:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors