1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy ABV Coconut Oil Recipe(Crockpot)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Nosferatu, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Ozyzj

Ozyzj Well-Known Member

I would advocate against mixing fresh bud with vaped bud for recipes, and I would especially advocate against any use of ABV for fatigue. I've tried capsules numerous times and often had trouble with dosage. I've found great success with recipes that are oil-heavy, and filling a dropper bottle with my oil to meter the dosage. If you are like me, you will find that even 1/4 ounce of herb can last a very long time when converted into oil. Either way, I think you would be best served by splitting your oil into separate batches in order to compare the effects of the two source materials.

In my experience, ABV preparations aren't very beneficial except for pain relief (also works great for healing the skin) and sleep. On the other hand, I've found that preparations made from fresh bud are quite suitable for daytime use and do a great job of curbing fatigue.

jeffp and Squiby like this.
  2. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

Used this method yesterday. Only difference is I added liquid lecithin to the mixture. Made some very potent mint chocolates. Thanks for the easy method!

CarolKing and Squiby like this.
  3. ghost

ghost Well-Known Member

Where do you guys find lecithin granules at locally?

I've checked over a half dozen stores and can't seem to find it anywhere. What section of the store is it typically in?

Thanks.

4. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

Typically it is in the baking aisle or natural foods aisle. I would bet you can find it at a health food store like Whole Foods.
    I bought mine off Amazon

CarolKing likes this.
  5. Maitri

Maitri Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Yeah - and if possible, get it in powder form. I have never used powdered lecithin but wow has it got to be easier to work with than the granules, which seem to take an awful long time to dissolve in the hot THC/coconut oil.

6. Chocu1a

Chocu1a Member

I purchased liquid lecithin. Can't get any easier than that. :)

Maitri likes this.
  7. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

Used this method for some brownies to stay up during family Christmas. 3oz of ABV made 10oz of VERY potent infused oil.

The brownies were incredible, both in flavor and potency. Still have 2oz left over.

8. Maitri

Maitri Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

Wonderful! :)

One question: Are you referring to volume or weight? Heh, one of the many reasons I prefer the metric system over this one...

9. yogoshio

yogoshio Annoying Libertarian

ABV was weight, coconut oil is volume.

I too prefer metric, but living in the US, it's not easy lol.

Maitri likes this.
  10. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

Whippin some up right now!

11. GeekyGodiva

GeekyGodiva Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie

I have about 1/2 oz avb and a couple of oz decarbed trim in the crock pot simmering in a blend of avocado and coconut oil. Been warming for 14 hours, turned it off so I can sleep without being concerned with stirring. Still scouring stores for lecithin. Love the smell of the house, though the roommates don't, but they are cool and accept that this is for my health. Will report back in a couple days when the oil is finished.

12. Teedub

Teedub Well-Known Member

Coco oil good! I mix it with peanut butter and just eat it. Thanks OP.

Maitri likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors