Easy ABV Coconut Oil Recipe(Crockpot)

squishy

Awesome thanks for the tip !i just wanted to compare to the vegan recipe I'm using. I'm wondering if there's anything I can substitute sugar for ?not big on that stuff. Or maybe a healthier substitute

I made some infused vegan chocolates and cookies and used maple syrup in place of the sugar. Worked out well.

It was my first time making coconut oil ABV butter and for some reason the edibles I made got me high but had a very sedative effect on me. Usually ABV edibles make me hyper and happy. It was mostly ABV from Blue Dream...I infused the oil for about 12hrs.

MinnBobber

It was my first time making coconut oil ABV butter and for some reason the edibles I made got me high but had a very sedative effect on me. Usually ABV edibles make me hyper and happy. It was mostly ABV from Blue Dream...I infused the oil for about 12hrs.
..................................................................................
Very interesting as Blue Dream is my go-to for pain relief, it seems to be magic.
Do your Blue Dream edibles work on pain ? Guessing they'd be superb on pain.

I have one batch of mixed ABV infused coconut oil that smells really weird, like a smell I've never smelled before.
It's been in fridge for 6 months and may have gotten some condensation/water into the tiny glass jar. I'm torn between tossing it or trying a tiny tiny dose to see how it goes. I hate to throw out 6 months of ABV product though :(
It's a pretty sharp smell??

MinnBobber,

baxter

Has anyone ever repurposed the abv left over after cooking the coconut oil?

The only way I repurpose it is that after I am done straining all the clump of ABV I then make a tea with the ball of ABV

I tried drinking only 1/2 of the full cup of tea but did not feel anything significant. Next time advise just drink the entire tea in one go

baxter,
Reactions: Squiby

squishy

..................................................................................
Very interesting as Blue Dream is my go-to for pain relief, it seems to be magic.
Do your Blue Dream edibles work on pain ? Guessing they'd be superb on pain.

I have one batch of mixed ABV infused coconut oil that smells really weird, like a smell I've never smelled before.
It's been in fridge for 6 months and may have gotten some condensation/water into the tiny glass jar. I'm torn between tossing it or trying a tiny tiny dose to see how it goes. I hate to throw out 6 months of ABV product though :(
It's a pretty sharp smell??

Sorry for the late reply, yes the edibles i made with blue dream worked for pain. Knocked me right out and put me to sleep :zzz: Did you toss the oil that smelled weird?

squishy,

Sitruk

The only way I repurpose it is that after I am done straining all the clump of ABV I then make a tea with the ball of ABV

I tried drinking only 1/2 of the full cup of tea but did not feel anything significant. Next time advise just drink the entire tea in one go
OK cool. I'll probably just toss it then.

MinnBobber

does it smell rancid?? toss it! i noticed the other day i also have a collection of batches growing. i need to fully consume batches before moving on to the next!!
It's really an odd/unfamiliar smell. I can't tell if infused coconut oil went bad OR if it's that's very very strong grassy/weedy smell that I'm pretty sensitive to/ hate that smell.
I haven't tossed it yet , debating doing a small sample. Bummed if it is bad as it's from about 4 grams of good ABV and that's about 6 months worth of ABV.

MinnBobber,

baxter

It's really an odd/unfamiliar smell. I can't tell if infused coconut oil went bad OR if it's that's very very strong grassy/weedy smell that I'm pretty sensitive to/ hate that smell.
I haven't tossed it yet , debating doing a small sample. Bummed if it is bad as it's from about 4 grams of good ABV and that's about 6 months worth of ABV.

I wasted about 2 inches of ABV in a mason jar because I only infused it for 2 hours and also because I added too much coconut oil. Like 4 x as much oil compared to ABV.

Then I drank 3 tsp and barely felt anything. Then an hour later added another 3 tsp and felt maybe a 2 out of 10. Plus I had been vaping so I cannot even reliably attribute even that 2 out of 10 to the edibles

Total disaster. Wasted 3 months worth of ABV. Next time will follow the instructions and cook 12 hours

baxter,

squishy

I wasted about 2 inches of ABV in a mason jar because I only infused it for 2 hours and also because I added too much coconut oil. Like 4 x as much oil compared to ABV.

Then I drank 3 tsp and barely felt anything. Then an hour later added another 3 tsp and felt maybe a 2 out of 10. Plus I had been vaping so I cannot even reliably attribute even that 2 out of 10 to the edibles

Total disaster. Wasted 3 months worth of ABV. Next time will follow the instructions and cook 12 hours

I feel your pain, I cooked mine for 12 hours in a mini crock pot on low (I added the correct amount of coconut oil too) but the cookies i made were mild. My friends told me next time to to cook it for 24hrs in the crock pot. I'm thinking also my ABV was pretty old but I had it in an air tight container in fridge.

squishy,

baxter

Yeah, also my ABV is dark brown/black and probably has very little active ingredients still left inside of it.

I just recommend first timers to make a small batch in case you screw it up and then you wont waste as much ABV

baxter,
Reactions: squishy

BudCrow

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've got 19-20Grams of ABV that's been vaped at 190c or under. I also have a larger back of the upto 230c - is there any point in trying to make anything out of the 230c stuff, it's been vaped until it will vape no more!

BudCrow,

PurpleDazed

just because you vaped it till ya could'nt no more dont mean its done.

all my abv is from the highest setting on my vapes. and i still get something out of it.

go for it

you can thank me after you do it

PurpleDazed

Been busy making canna capsules with coconut oil. Used some Concentrate on one batch and ABV on the last batch.

been titrating to find how much of each is good for me. as well as to see the potency in each batch

Also got some ABV tincture thats been steeping for months I need to drain and do some titrating with that in the mix.

So far took 2 abv oil pills today and got a nice body buzz going and had a vape session with one of my Air's in my ZOB bubbler and i am feeling really good. a few days ago when I made the dab coco cannacaps had one as well and that was nice throughout the day took it at 2pm and lasted till 9 b4 i felt it dropping off. but the occasional vape session kept it good.

PurpleDazed,

BudCrow

OK so I made shatter with it all. What a mess it made. I tried to vape it and it tasted horrible - not surprising as all the terps had been vaped. It had a coffee Guinness thing going on. I put the whole thing in some Guinness punch and a massive joint. Both definitely had effect but I couldn't hack the taste of it and ended up throwing it away. I wouldn't bother making any edibles with it next time, I'll just make a coconut mixture and put it in caps. To me both the sub 190 and 230c stuff tasted horrible and defo wasn't for vaping. The 190 stuff had a much higher yeild, I'd say just vape the weed at high temps till it don't vape anymore rather then saving it for this....

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Tried my hand doing this yesterday/into this morning. About a half Z of AVB, enough coconut oil (nothing special there, what I found in the cupboard) to cover in a smallish mason jar loosely lidded, crock pot set on low from about 11:45AM yesterday to 5:30AM today. Swished the contents around every so often during the process. Strained through a coffee filter in a china cap-type strainer. Yielded about 125ml of product. Cooling in the fridge, it has a nice olive color. Interested to see what, if any, effects it offers both topically and internally.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Update: had 1/2 teaspoon dose on an empty stomach yesterday. Kicked in around an hour after that. Worked very well suppressing some ear-related pain. It does taste pretty awful, but I didn't water cure and it's a small price to pay for the benefit, IMO.

I know this thread has BEEN dead, but i'll still post my experiments as the ideas might be helpful to someone in the future!

Batch #4

1. 30grams of sativa dominant ABV/1 cup of coconut oil
2. cook time: 14 hours
3. Used a 1L Mason jar inside the crockpot. just like my previous batch
4. added a pinch of lecithin
5. end result: FANTASTIC!

This was my first batch of ABV that i cooked myself. previous batches i usually added abv just to 'spice up' the mix. I tried just over half a tsp, results were awesome. hours of upliftment and an incredibly fulfilling sleep.

If your still throwing out your ABV, your wasting valuable medicine!!!

Im new to ABV batches, will try this!

Chandler

It does taste pretty awful
Glad you had positive results! It's interesting to me, I often read about how ppl think the oil tastes terrible. My oil always tastes like coconut oil with a nice herbal essence... I don't even care for coconuts in general but I would never say infused oil tastes bad in any way.... I recommend taking a tablespoon and adding to your coffee or tea. Thats my go to! Fantastic!...

On a side note I did a batch of abv last week. 30g abv to 1 cup coconut oil. I added 2 heaping tablespoons of lecithin powder!! Lol. Holy shit. After straining, the end product was thick!! Like really thick. I used it yo make cookies. They were nice, potent and soft. I think 1 table spoon per cup is a proper amount of lecithin.. At the same time I wonder if the added lecithin is contributing to the softness of the cookie? The experimentation/perfecting of it all is both fun and educational!

Last edited:

Pipiemcpipe

Do you need lecithin? And what is it . I made my first batch of ABV coconut oil. It was 4 grams ABV 3 grams ground up fresh bud (not decarbed) and 4 oz oil for 14 hrs. I've only tied it twice about a teaspoon each time and felt a nice body buzz . Will try higher dose when I get the chance .

Pipiemcpipe,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
After years of using ABV in coconut oil, I'm finally calling it quits!

I'm giving in to the fact that I detest the smell of it cooking, even on the lowest of heats, and I cant stand the taste of it in food.

Water curing this latest batch of ABV before I put it in the oil. The water is already filthy. I'm hoping that it'll get rid of its flavour and smell. I've had great success water curing buds for the same reason before so fingers crossed! Gonna go back through this thread and see if any of you fine ppl have done the same at any point :)

EDIT: Thanks to @macbill for confirming I'm doing the right thing :)

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Squiby
Hi All, I'm day 5 into water curing 60 grams of abv. The distilled water is fairly light brown but still not clear water yet. I have it wrapped in cheesecloth.. I was planning to kinda follow Chandler post above. By putting the cheesecloth out of the water curing into a mason jar.. Trying to add minimal amount of coconut oil into the jar with the cheesecloth and then close the jar. I will then add the jar to a crock pot filled with water, start on HIGH to get it going and then LOW while i sleep.. I will probably only get to steep the jar in the crock pot for about approximately 8-10 hours. Does anyone else have any tips/help to add to my process? Also not planning to use lecithin I hope I dont need to? BTW planning to make brownies/cookies fairly right away when the oil is completely made.

youngfart420,
Top Bottom