Smelly Dog

I got my tracking number! :love:
2kwZQoP.jpg

2kwZQoP.jpg

Last edited:

little maggie

I am still pretty unskilled- I have to count to avoid combustion- but I like the vapcap. It's so quick and simple and less destructable than the vapman.

A couple of questions: what do you use to clean it to get rid of the burnt smell when you combust. I tried soaking in alcohol but that did nothing.
Also, I really need to use water. Has anyone figured out what to attach it to and how?

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I am still pretty unskilled- I have to count to avoid combustion- but I like the vapcap. It's so quick and simple and less destructable than the vapman.

A couple of questions: what do you use to clean it to get rid of the burnt smell when you combust. I tried soaking in alcohol but that did nothing.
Also, I really need to use water. Has anyone figured out what to attach it to and how?

I clean it red hot with single flame torch. Piro glass and ceramic filter can stand it, I also fire the bottom of the cap red hot (for a very little moment). I do it once a week and I get back clean as new.

acaderp

Noob to vaporizers here - I ordered a VapCap a little while ago after much reading of both this site and /r/vaporents, and it arrived last night. This is, essentially, my first vaporizer (I used a friend's Pax once or twice a year or more ago).

Super easy, wicked effective. That little bugger packs a punch! Anyway, I'm happy and excited about this little friend.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Tragedy struck my sleepy little neighborhood yesterday. My OG vapcap was riding in my beloved pouch I used to use for my combustion pipe that had been retired for a couple years and had found new life since the vapcap arrived. Well that little pouch slipped out of my pack and I proceeded to back right the fuck over it with my car. Felt the bump and was like wtf? When I got out I knew it was bad. I had my lighter, the green tube with my VC in it and a spare green empty tube I've been using for ABV in the pouch.
And of course the only thing that was damaged was the VC. The lighter and empty tube didn't have a scratch. No clue how that happened. Sadly I went on to work and inspected the damage last night. The glass was powder and the cap was a bit bent but not as bad as I thought. I was able to carefully form the cap back around a round object and I had all but the outer glass from a replacement order from my original purchase.

I was lucky enough to pick up a burly when those were offered and so I emailed George to see when my order would go out and he said this week and so I was able to add just the outer glass to my order and will have an OG once again to keep my beautiful Burly company. Or it might be gifted to help a friend kick combustion.

Moral of the story: accidents happen but aren't you glad you can buy parts for your vape? :rockon:

Dynalowrider

So there has to be a solution to my problem. I have varying degrees of tinnitus. Sometimes it gets loud. So I got an "og". I've tried at least 7 or 8 bowels on this thing. Of that I've had one (1) vape session, and 6 or 7 "burnt-to-a-crisp" mouth full of smoke sessions. I've tried counting seconds, but I get so hung up on spinning the fricking thing in the flame. I keep listening for the "GD" click. I never hear the damn thing, or feel it. I know it clicks because I have a heat sink I set it on and it cools, clicks, then it clicks again really strong. I can tell it clicks, because it actually jumps a little on the heat sink.
What am I doing wrong? I will admit the lighter is loud.
I bought the little dug-out to keep the vap in, but it won't go in the dug-out with the mouthpiece on.
So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Any ideas besides that I'm a dummy. Doc

RelaxedNow

So there has to be a solution to my problem. I have varying degrees of tinnitus. Sometimes it gets loud. So I got an "og". I've tried at least 7 or 8 bowels on this thing. Of that I've had one (1) vape session, and 6 or 7 "burnt-to-a-crisp" mouth full of smoke sessions. I've tried counting seconds, but I get so hung up on spinning the fricking thing in the flame. I keep listening for the "GD" click. I never hear the damn thing, or feel it. I know it clicks because I have a heat sink I set it on and it cools, clicks, then it clicks again really strong. I can tell it clicks, because it actually jumps a little on the heat sink.
I bought the little dug-out to keep the vap in, but it won't go in the dug-out with the mouthpiece on.
So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Any ideas besides that I'm a dummy. Doc

My wife has tinnitus also, and I have to heat the OG for her. I haven't been able to help her with a solution, as counting seconds is fine for an occasional noisy environment, but seens impractical for constant use. Thus, she's much more fond of electronic units (she's never claimed to be a cheap date).

Maybe somebody will have an idea for you, but it could be that it's just not the right device for you. If that's the case, I'm betting you could sell it in no time if you listed it on this site. There's gotta be somebody who wants immediate gratification. Or, at just $30, gift it to a friend.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I like that when using an ecig coil on my VapCap the mod tells me the time held for heating.

Also the coil has a very even heating. But I never let my cap click until after the third hit.

DocGonzo

It's not necessarily ideal, but can't you feel for the click if listening doesn't work for you? When I heat my OG while playing games I go purely off feeling and it works pretty well. I also think the Stash is just for the TI vapcaps, which would explain why the OG doesn't fit.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
The website says the dynastash will fit "any standard VapCap or Ti Woody or Ti Glassy"
Perhaps there is some minor differences in the outside diameters of the glass that when the mouthpiece is on it makes it slightly too big? I don't have my dynastash yet, so I won't know until this weekend if my rebuilt OG will fit or not. I didn't get it for the OG but I'll still see if it fits.

alltoreup,
Reactions: ragnorokk

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

VC enters the cap first in the stash, if I put mouthpiece first it doesn't fit neither for me

Edit I agree with @paytonpenn about the coil,I get much more consistent/even results (very difficult to scorch a load) I also modified my routine with the triple torch and I wait for the click only to finish my load, after 2-3 low temp cycles.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

I like that when using an ecig coil on my VapCap the mod tells me the time held for heating.

Also the coil has a very even heating. But I never let my cap click until after the third hit.

@paytonpenn, how is this set up? Could you post pics or other details?

EDIT: Now I'm conflicted! Why am I asking how to turn the VapCap into an electronic device? Do I really want to recharge the ecig?

RelaxedNow,

vapcore

If the click don't work for you , could try a vaponic. Vapcap seems easier to use but when you master the vaponic, it is a great vaporizer imo.

vapcore,
Reactions: Vapenvy

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Plotis If you haven't already done so then PM George he will look after you.

@Dynalowrider I think @RelaxedNow may be on the right track. Get someone else to do the heating for you. When I introduced other people to mine I did the first heat cycle as a demo. If someone else does it for you and they get it cock on then at least you will find out how good the VC really is. It may give you more incentive to keep at it. Or sit with someone who can hear it every time and they can tell you when it happens as you heat. Practice with it empty.

birdbraineater

It should fit quite nice into a 14mm female joint.

little maggie

I know that others have said to either feel or hear the click and they are far more expert than I am. But I only here the click 1 out of 5 times. So I count and that works ok. If I didn't do that I would scorch every load. I hope that as I become more skilled I will hear the click but at least I can use it in the meantime.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I always hear the click but generally need to give it a little more heat beyond that. So I'm still learning to dial mine in. So after the click I just keep experimenting with short bursts of extra flame until it gets in the sweet spot.

The problem is sometimes I go too far :disgust:

BabyFacedFinster,

RelaxedNow

@paytonpenn, thanks for the video. That's what I call contributing! I think I'll be sticking with using a lighter though. My ecig is nothing at all like yours.

RelaxedNow,

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I don't learn from myself, ever.

I snipped the first O-ring right off trying to get it out, cause y'know you guys got me worried about soaking them in ISO so now I'm paranoid, THANKS!

So as I was trying to put the other O-ring on the first notch, I snipped it off as well, hurray! :doh::bang:

Looks like me and Lotus are gonna have to hang out for a while till my care package comes in.

Ugh :(

hweezi,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@BabyFacedFinster I have also been playing around with the way I apply heat. I have taken hits before the click, done full bowls just heating the cap end, applied extra heat before the cool down click and done a first heat to click and not taken a hit, then hit it after the second heat cycle. I never intentionally heat beyond the click.
I do still combust at times but for me it's no big deal. I have occasion caught it just in time. Pulled the cap off and waited for the wisp of smoke to go, cap back on and vaped it to the end.

For me the VC is the most joint like device I think I will ever see and it comes with the most joint like stone. Something I missed with my battery powered devices.

I've got an order on it's way and when it arrives I will have the bits and bobs to build an OG, but with a SS condenser, I only have a Ti tip and am keen to try out the glass bowl. I know from using @Ruta's OG that it performs differently to the Ti. I ran an unground 10 click cycle last time I used his. I shall be undertaking some intensive comparison testing when I get the time.

Top Bottom