VapCap

Manufacturer
The metal of the Ti bowl is indeed thinner than the glass of the OG. They're the same OD, with the bowl in the Ti being 1mm larger, so 0.5mm thinner wall. Not that I know what that means for the thermal properties.

The signature is very different between the SS diffuser OG and the cermaic diffuser Ti, for whatever myriad of reasons. I like them both, and I want to say I prefer the Ti -- but I am still figuring out what exactly the differences are in technique, which is lending to wildly differing results on the regular.

@VapCap the new stashER looks slick -- does the silicone just stay in via friction? I'm of the preference for one-way use and a retainer clip or wooden lip or something to keep the silicone jar in place. Maybe it's a non-issue, but I tend to have my vape du jour in a bag or jacket pocket, and things rearrange themselves if they aren't restrained. I'd been thinking of a Dynastash, and this upgraded version at the original price point for us FC members is pretty likely to loosen my death grip on a few twenties. That dabber and silicone indicate to me that you will also likely be releasing a wick, for improved concentrate use. Whatta ya got up your sleeve?

OK, So to answer the silicone question. Check out this picture.

IMG_20160315_233001056_zpsfms623ou.jpg

Yes, there is a lip at the bottom of the pocket. So it is easy to just push in the silicone until it stops. It lands nice and flush with the top surface. I really want to make this unit simple and easy. So hopefully it will be a joy to use.

I do have some other ideas in the works, but they are still a ways off.

Also, to answer another question. Yes, I am working on a nice simple way to use the sticky concentrates in the VapCap. I will have both SS screen and Ti screen in my shop before these ship, and soon a modular insert or something which can easily be inserted into the extraction chamber.

Any other thoughts or desires, please let me know.

Cheers,

George

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Seven days from confirmation to arriving in the UK. Thanks @VapCap you've made my buddies day, week, month.....
For anyone still unsure. His normal consumption would be at least two baccy/green singles as part of his wake and bake routine. He's ran one bowl and is enjoying his new Ti glassy so much he has tx me non stop for the last hour and a half. Baked and cabbaged are words he has used.
Hopefully this will be his first steps into the land of the combustion fuckers.

Philreal187

After parting ways with my beloved Hammer vape, I'm kinda in the market for a kayak vape and possibly disc golf vape. My vapman is my favorite vape its just tough to see the torch and aim properly with sunlight. I have been skim reading this thread from its start. For the price I know the og vapcap is worth a try. But I also have a slight obsession with beautiful wood and ed's craftsmanship. That leads me into a price range closer to a $100. I'm looking for feed back on if it would suit my outdoor usage. I understand the wind factor is always unpredictable but over all is it easier to use a vapcap in the sunlight or vapman? Does the vapcap hold up to sharing or is it more of a personal bowl?

Thanks for any input!!

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
@Philreal187 you will still have the same problem not being able to see the torch, but with Vapcap you don't have to be as precise with your aim. There is no ring of wood to aim between and this also means you can use a double or triple torch. More heat helps combat the wind. I have used it walking home.

I have found though, that the triple torch supplied was not very good in the wind. Didn't want to light.Ha. Just remembered. .Hopefully the new model offered by George is better in this respect.

Edit- Also, Seeing The flame distance from the pan in the Vapman is important to know how long to heat etc, but not so in Vapcap because of the sound trigger, so for me Vapcap easier in daylight...or use a candle flame if calm enough. Easier to see (harder to use)

Edit Sharing-It's a small bowl so you would reload often (which is easy) , but sharing works well in that you can heat for people and just pass it over like a joint. Couple of puffs and pass it back. Perfect.

Last edited:

Bizkat

Seeing The flame distance from the pan in the Vapman is important to know how long to heat etc, but not so in Vapcap because of the sound trigger, so for me Vapcap easier in daylight...or use a candle flame if calm enough. Easier to see (harder to use)
Wondering what is the recommended distance of the flame to heat the Vapcap? Does it matter?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Bizkat This will depend on the heat source you use and how intense that heat is. With my supplied torch I keep the top of the lighter about 1 1/2" to 2" from the VC. My other torch is less ferocious and I can use it much closer.

@Philreal187 The VC may be more suited to your outdoor needs. The click means it will only be ready for use when you hear/feel it. You can over heat the VC but that's only if said click is missed for whatever reason. It takes the guess work out of the equation as to whether or not enough heat has been applied.
Perhaps one of these type of torches for a more visible flame?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Balls, it's coming tomorrow an hour or 2 after I leave for a 3 days trip I would have loved to take it on. Can't wait to try it, you people won't stop talking about how awesome it is.
Wooooo, mail came like 5 hours early. Vapcap is going on a road trip.

Edit: Awwwwww, clicked on the wrong tracking link. I ran up all happy to an empty mailbox. Not going to lie, that hurt.

Last edited:

bobcool09

About the new DynaStash, is it feasible to use the silicone container as a place to store AVB? It might be too small, I haven't used any similar containers so I'm not sure. It seems like the new stash would be very great to use for concentrates, but I prefer dry material.

bobcool09,
Reactions: vapcore

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi, another vap question if you can't hear the click , could you use the vapcap counting seconds? If you are in a concert or in a noisy environment for example.

I'm sure with enough practice using the same torch and the same vapcap you could probably get the timing 'close enough' - but I don't think you could just grab any torch and start counting

RelaxedNow

Wondering what is the recommended distance of the flame to heat the Vapcap? Does it matter?

I think the distance of the flame does matter, as it seems to affect the volume of vapor, at least with my VapCap and my lighter....and my perception. If I hold it closer, the VapCap clicks sooner. Holding it further away seems to "heat-soak" the VapCap, providing much more vapor. This is just my opinion though, with no real study involved, aside from a half-hearted attempt to count the seconds of heating.

As to what the distance should be, I think that will depend on user preference and the lighter in use. It's easy to figure out though. I've used a bic lighter, a gas range, and a triple torch, and been satisfied with each.

All of this said, in the end it's not that critical to me. I enjoy the simplicity of the VapCap, regardless of any variances in vapor from draw to draw.

djchexxx

Thanks for the answers people. I will be patient but i want to get my hands on my ti woody . Waiting is hard.
Reminds me like it was rolling joints, I loved the ritual of the whole hands on deal with smoking. Now that I vape, I miss that shit! I'll never go back to smoking, I do think the VC will give me that nostalgic feel I miss though.
I know exactly how you feel. Eventhough I quit smoking/vaping for a few years I would still ask my friends if I could roll their joints.

@VapCap @cwheezy That is exactly how I'd hoped the silicone would fit in there, so this is great news. Can't wait to order one.

I'm vapping with a SS mesh pad w/ ceramic core and it's OK. I'm going to try separating them into SS and Ceramic pads, as the two wick materials function very differently during use (fc-2000 ceramic sucks oil back into it when it cools, SS does not).

masaki

@VapCap @cwheezy That is exactly how I'd hoped the silicone would fit in there, so this is great news. Can't wait to order one.

I'm vapping with a SS mesh pad w/ ceramic core and it's OK. I'm going to try separating them into SS and Ceramic pads, as the two wick materials function very differently during use (fc-2000 ceramic sucks oil back into it when it cools, SS does not).
Wait.. We talking oils! How is that working out?

masaki,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Now that I vape, I miss that shit!
That's how I felt. Until I got my VC. It's filled that 'I like vaping but there is something missing' feeling.

It has become ritualistic for me.
Ditto.

twiddle my thumbs and wait for heat up
Twiddling your Vapcap waiting for the click.

@vapcore Yes the wait is a killer especially when you get the tracking email. Once you've got your Woody, and the VC grin, the wait will have been well worth it.

Plotis

Oooh! I just ordered one and i just to read here that there is one of titanium comopletly ,i would one of this,but i didn,t see in the web,will i can to ordered the rest of titanium body?

Plotis,
Top Bottom