NickDlow

Log Hog
So far it's worked for me but I haven't done more then a dozen bowls yet and like any dugout the herb get's very compacted while your digging it out so I've had to stir up the bud to loosen it up in the Stash in-order to just suck it up.

hope that makes some wake 'n' vake sense.

Sounds like you need to add a stir'er to your arsenal lol. I store my herb in the classic jyarz and keep the vapcap in the tube it came in. I'm concerned about smell with the stash because I will be using this the most at work. Smell proof is key for me.

little maggie

I opened mine today. The first thing I did with my all glass one was drop it on the wood floor. :doh: It survived intact.
It seems simple to use but, as usual, nothing is simple when I get hold of it. The clicks came and I started using it and only time for 1 brief inhale when the clicks came again. No smoke. It seems with the videos I've seen that it goes longer than my experience. The ABV is dark brown not charred.
Am I doing something wrong and if so what technique am I missing?

NickDlow

Log Hog
I opened mine today. The first thing I did with my all glass one was drop it on the wood floor. :doh: It survived intact.
It seems simple to use but, as usual, nothing is simple when I get hold of it. The clicks came and I started using it and only time for 1 brief inhale when the clicks came again. No smoke. It seems with the videos I've seen that it goes longer than my experience. The ABV is dark brown not charred.
Am I doing something wrong and if so what technique am I missing?

Just keep testing. Hold the flame there after the click to get more/denser vapor. But be careful, too long and you'll combust. You just gotta feel it out for yourself.

NickDlow,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Tommy10

Order got messed up, long story short George is onto it and two classics in the post tomorrow. Here before I go back away for work on the 12th I hope. I think the VC will suit my current set up of small loads and vegetable glycerine

Tommy10,
Reactions: Derrrpp

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is definitly a learning curve...and it is a part of the pleasure if your stash is enough full!

Now i didn't wait the clic for the 2 first hit, I have a better feeling when it is ready to vape before the clic (you can see the vapor also!) and got a very decent taste and I only wait for the clic for the last hit. I never use the carb hole.

Using this method my abv is dark brown, before, when i waited for the clic, i always got a black abv with 2 hits and combustion feeling (it was smelling a lot as well!). Maybe i can learn to get more "before the clic" hits for a longer and tastier session....but it's difficult cause heating time depend the flame size, the distance to the cap, the wind and where you heat the cap!

there is already a big amount of reclaim in the small tube!

in my opinion it eat my bud very fast....and medicate me as well....but the abv pile is growing very fast on my desk. the load i use is rather the same than in my ESV where it give me 6-10 nice draws or in my Boss(2x3mn session).

I tried also a bit of wax soaked in a mesh screens ball shapped, here the carb hole is usefull cause you can get several hits from 1 heating using it, hits are smoother than expected, vapor is thick but taste is not the better.

I like to use mine with my orbiter!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
There is definitly a learning curve...and it is a part of the pleasure if your stash is enough full!

Now i didn't wait the clic for the 2 first hit, I have a better feeling when it is ready to vape before the clic (you can see the vapor also!) and got a very decent taste and I only wait for the clic for the last hit. I never use the carb hole.

Using this method my abv is dark brown, before, when i waited for the clic, i always got a black abv with 2 hits and combustion feeling (it was smelling a lot as well!). Maybe i can learn to get more "before the clic" hits for a longer and tastier session....but it's difficult cause heating time depend the flame size, the distance to the cap, the wind and where you heat the cap!

there is already a big amount of reclaim in the small tube!

in my opinion it eat my bud very fast....and medicate me as well....but the abv pile is growing very fast on my desk. the load i use is rather the same than in my ESV where it give me 6-10 nice draws or in my Boss(2x3mn session).

I tried also a bit of wax soaked in a mesh screens ball shapped, here the carb hole is usefull cause you can get several hits from 1 heating using it, hits are smoother than expected, vapor is thick but taste is not the better.

I like to use mine with my orbiter!

I find ABV get slower extracted to brown rather than very dark/black when I go "very" far away from the cap, oscillating flame (outer clearer one), it take little longer but results ar far far better, and inner tube get gunked very "slowly" respect when I was having a 1-2cycle total extraction with no combustion but near. I am having now at least 3-4 cycles and ABV is clearer and I am way more medicated and inner tube stays clear quite longer (before with a single load I was getting a brown very visible condensate, now it starts slowly and takes 3-4 loads to start to see it brown colored)

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
@VapCap @Ed's TnT

I'm sad to report another cracked wood body - see pics below. Noticed this last night, I did not disassemble the unit, I believe thermal expansion of the Ti caused this stress crack, not sure how thick the wood would need to be to prevent this.

It is at the end where the tip is, so the unit is still sealed and useable, but I am now very fearful of disassembling it for maintenance/cleaning.

I am confident George and Ed will make this right and will make improvements to the product accordingly.

Pics of crack:

A little tough to see in this pic. You can also see that the end of the wood also gets slightly darkened from heat exposure, not sure if this is also a contributing factor to its tensile strength.

20151229_003055.jpg

close up view:

20151229_003258.jpg

Last edited:

bounce5

Just tried cbc concentrate in the vapcap with a piece of cotton. It works quite well. Although, the flavor is not as good as it is in the Vapman. The mouthpiece is the one thing that I really don't like on the glass vapcap. I don't like the smell of it....plastic creeps me out, and the vapcaps mouthpiece reminds me of plastic intertubes that people use to float in pools. When will the new updated mouthpiece be released. Although it's plastic, I hope it's more inert.

bounce5,
Reactions: KeroZen

hoyo77

Just keep testing. Hold the flame there after the click to get more/denser vapor. But be careful, too long and you'll combust. You just gotta feel it out for yourself.
heat more toward the bottom portion of the cap..try that. i notice when i heat more towards the top i got less vapor and more flavor but i do get medicated. i guess the vapcap can do some low temp vaping if you play with it. i kind of like that. i can get some full flavor hits and then heat more towards the bottom to finish the load.

Just tried cbc concentrate in the vapcap with a piece of cotton. It works quite well. Although, the flavor is not as good as it is in the Vapman. The mouthpiece is the one thing that I really don't like on the glass vapcap. I don't like the smell of it....plastic creeps me out, and the vapcaps mouthpiece reminds me of plastic intertubes that people use to float in pools. When will the new updated mouthpiece be released. Although it's plastic, I hope it's more inert.
vapman really shines on concentrates!!! and for those that are wondering how the vapcap compares to vapman...no comparison. they are 2 different vapes only similarity is they are torch powered. I have both...i love both.

Last edited by a moderator:

bounce5

vapman really shines on concentrates!!! and for those that are wondering how the vapcap compares to vapman...no comparison. they are 2 different vapes only similarity is they are torch powered. I have both...i love both.

The vapman is better in terms of it's build quality. It is more beautiful, more forgiving, it tastes better, and is way more sturdy. But then that is a vaporizer that costs a lot more and is a top tier vape. The Vapcap extracts more quickly, has a form factor of a cigarette which is fun but in the VC's case it doesn't make it stealthy - in fact, the Vapman is more stealthy because it can be hidden in the hand entirely. The Vapcap has a nice smooth draw which is better than the Vapman's with it's standard short stem.

I just want it to have a better mouthpiece - the taste would improve, and I would feel better about it's safety. It currently feels and tastes not too much different from sucking on the end of a mflb plastic battery protector cap.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The vapman is better in terms of it's build quality. It is more beautiful, more forgiving, it tastes better, and is way more sturdy. But then that is a vaporizer that costs a lot more and is a top tier vape. The Vapcap extracts more quickly, has a form factor of a cigarette which is fun but in the VC's case it doesn't make it stealthy - in fact, the Vapman is more stealthy because it can be hidden in the hand entirely. The Vapcap has a nice smooth draw which is better than the Vapman's with it's standard short stem.

I just want it to have a better mouthpiece - the taste would improve, and I would feel better about it's safety. It currently feels and tastes not too much different from sucking on the end of a mflb plastic battery protector cap.

Saying the VapMan is more beautiful is certainly a statement of opinion. If there wasn't a handful of cases of reported cracks on the Woodie VapCap, i would also argue it is more durable too (VM is certainly more durable than the glass VC). The pins on the VM are its weakest point, but still pretty durable.

I also feel the VC is more forgiving for learning and mistakes (vs. your opinion of less forgiving), cleans and loads much much easier. I also would say taste is superior in the Cap, but this is a very subjective point.

IMO hiding a vape entirely in the hand is less stealth than puffing away at something that looks like a cigarette. Also, when i hold the VapMan i hold it with two fingers like a joint vs. The cig hold of the VC. I would say stealth factor is almost the same.

Bottom line is i like and use both. I prefer the VC for travel because it is less harsh, IMO is a little more "bar stealth" and i can reload it 5 times faster and easier than the VM for second loads and beyond. It also takes up less room in my pocket.

VapMan costs a bit more, and provides the bigger visible exhales. They both work well with concentrates but i really prefer the Cap now. Expecially with shatter or oil, as there is less mess and oil seems to recycle itself into further loads

I said before i thought the Cap may replace the Man for me. It hasn't. They are different and both fun with different vapor profiles. But i wanted to make sure i commented on how some of your opinions differ from mine.

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings,

I thought I would chime in with a few thoughts as it seems like I am finally catching up on getting the orders out. If all goes well, I should have all orders through Xmas out by the end of the year!
Also, I have noticed a few issues with the Ti Woody. It is a new product, so unfortunately there seems to be a few challenges as all the variables get dialed in. I am and will continue to work with everyone who has one of my products. Building a miniature Vap does have a few challenges and I would like to thank everyone for helping me bring this product to the market.
I will be increasing the clearance between the Ti tip and the inside of the wood stem to allow for more expansion and less thermal conduction. Also, please keep in mind, although the Ti Woody isn't glass, it isn't indestructible either.
So here are a few general guidelines:
#1 Please do not bend the tip against the wood stem. I am not saying this is the reason the wood has split, but it could contribute to it.
#2 When removing or installing the tip, gently pull or push while giving a slight twist.
#3 Try to keep the torch further from the wood, to minimize how much heat is transferred to the wood.

I am working on improvements right now. Please do keep in touch with me regarding your experience if you have one, as your feedback and especially pictures help immensely. Please do treat these first generation units a bit gently as we get the bugs worked out. If you do not have one, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

I am also working on an all Ti unit which should be nearly indestructible for those who desire a Vap that can take serious abuse, both from lots of heat and use as well as being dropped or tolerant of being backed over with the car or left out in the rain.

Again, thank you everyone for your support!

George

Vapeconvert

Bottom line is i like and use both. I prefer the VC for travel because it is less harsh, IMO is a little more "bar stealth" and i can reload it 5 times faster and easier than the VM for second loads and beyond. It also takes up less room in my pocket.
@IAmKrazy2 I am still struggling with the loading the device... I use the dynastash, but can't seem to push and dig to load and the other I tried the straw method yesterday (dip, suck, remove any cap), but neither work. I was hoping you can share your experience? I am looking to load quick and stealth, as no one I know, knows I need medication..... I used to use a dugout and that was great, but now I never want to combust again ;)

Thanks for your help, and anyone else who wants to share....

anasrzi

Greetings,

I thought I would chime in with a few thoughts as it seems like I am finally catching up on getting the orders out. If all goes well, I should have all orders through Xmas out by the end of the year!
Also, I have noticed a few issues with the Ti Woody. It is a new product, so unfortunately there seems to be a few challenges as all the variables get dialed in. I am and will continue to work with everyone who has one of my products. Building a miniature Vap does have a few challenges and I would like to thank everyone for helping me bring this product to the market.
I will be increasing the clearance between the Ti tip and the inside of the wood stem to allow for more expansion and less thermal conduction. Also, please keep in mind, although the Ti Woody isn't glass, it isn't indestructible either.
So here are a few general guidelines:
#1 Please do not bend the tip against the wood stem. I am not saying this is the reason the wood has split, but it could contribute to it.
#2 When removing or installing the tip, gently pull or push while giving a slight twist.
#3 Try to keep the torch further from the wood, to minimize how much heat is transferred to the wood.

I am working on improvements right now. Please do keep in touch with me regarding your experience if you have one, as your feedback and especially pictures help immensely. Please do treat these first generation units a bit gently as we get the bugs worked out. If you do not have one, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

I am also working on an all Ti unit which should be nearly indestructible for those who desire a Vap that can take serious abuse, both from lots of heat and use as well as being dropped or tolerant of being backed over with the car or left out in the rain.

Again, thank you everyone for your support!

George

Think we're all aware this a new product to market and therefore there will be teething problems from the get go thankfully for us at FC George has our backs and his customer service is fantastic and I'm sure we're in no doubt he will help us out as much as we will help him in the r and d department, already had a reply from the man in question already my issue has been solved, like I said customer service is top night :)

Once the bugs have been worked out on both the woodies and the glass units I'm sure there will be ever more feedback over the coming months, still early days in the process. I would however urge people to treat them carefully like Vapcap has instructed I'm sure a good few problems will be deterred thinking in this way alone.

Do you have any more info on the pure titanium units at all @VapCap as in release dates or product testing and the like? Although I'm a fan of all glass workings there comes a time when a materiel like ti comes to the fore front being so durable, I just hope a all ti unit retains that taste of the all glass one but even if that's not the case it might be a price worth paying?

bounce5

Saying the VapMan is more beautiful is certainly a statement of opinion. If there wasn't a handful of cases of reported cracks on the Woodie VapCap, i would also argue it is more durable too (VM is certainly more durable than the glass VC). The pins on the VM are its weakest point, but still pretty durable.

I also feel the VC is more forgiving for learing and mistakes (vs. your opinion of of less forgiving), cleans and loads much much easier. I also would say taste is superior in the Cap, but this is a very subjective point.

IMO hiding a vape entirely in the hand is less stealth than puffing away at something that looks like a cigarette. Also, when i hold the VapMan i hold it with two fingers like a joint vs. The cig hold of the VC. I would say stealth factor is almost the same.

VapMan costs a bit more, and provides the bigger visible exhales. They both work well with concentrates but i really prefer the Cap now. Expecially with shatter or oil, as there is less mess and oil seems to recycle itself into further loads

I said before i thought the Cap may replace the Man for me. It hasn't. They are different and both fun with different vapor profiles. But i wanted to make sure i commented on how some of your opinions differ from mine.

Obviously everything I say is my opinion as everything you say is your opinion, @IAmKrazy2. We all mix our opinions with facts as well. It's up to people to discern that for themselves. Stating that my opinion is my opinion does seem a bit defensive though.

The glass vapcap seems to combust easier than the vapman - which is what I mean by less forgiving. Your statement about it loading and cleaning easier seems to be an opinion. In my opinion, it's not that easy because you have to wait for it to cool down to open it and touch the glass edge. I tried it with Damiana yesterday, it burnt it by accident and due to the fact that condensation forms inside, all this burnt juice collected on the inside and it tasted terrible. I had to clean it after only 6 bowls total. With the Vapman, I don't have to clean that often and have never the condensation issue. I cleaned it, but I had to be extremely careful with the two glass pieces due to the fact that they are glass and are very fragile. I wouldn't describe the process as easier. Just my opinion. However, once clean it was clean but some remaining burnt flavor was kept in the silicone mouthpiece.

The taste of the vapcap is marred by the silicone mouthpiece which is a shame since it's mostly a glass path. The Vapman has just a roasted woody flavor in the background.

The glass vapcap with the steel tip does not look stealthy at all. That and the triple torch make it look like a crack pipe. Also, there is no way to hide the triple torch flame. With the Vapman you can at least hide the flame quite a bit. The woody looks a bit more stealth, but again, besides the lighter, the steel tip could bring unwanted looks or questions. If you use a bic, it would also look strange - like you are trying to light a stick on fire. You would have to hold it up to the the bic for at least 20 seconds, then you'd have to clean off the cap. The Vapman I would not use in public either, except for inside a car, or in a park. In that scenario I argue that it is more stealthy to hide in your hand while blowing vapor, than to hold up a glass vapcap to your lips or even the wood vapcap with it's steel tip.

I agree that the Vapcap is good with concentrates as is the Vapman. I like the Vapcap better for concentrates because I prefer not to get my Vapman bowl stained with concentrates. And even though it is very delicate, it does clean out better due to the fact that it's glass. The VC also has a smoother hit. IMO, it's good now (I really don't like the MP, but other's might not mind), but with a better mouthpiece, it will be an exceptional little vape that works well with both herbs and concentrates. Due to the pricepoint it will make a great starter/disposable/travel vape.

Just clarifying on how my opinions differ from yours.

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Think we're all aware this a new product to market and therefore there will be teething problems from the get go thankfully for us at FC George has our backs and his customer service is fantastic and I'm sure we're in no doubt he will help us out as much as we will help him in the r and d department, already had a reply from the man in question already my issue has been solved, like I said customer service is top night :)

Once the bugs have been worked out on both the woodies and the glass units I'm sure there will be ever more feedback over the coming months, still early days in the process. I would however urge people to treat them carefully like Vapcap has instructed I'm sure a good few problems will be deterred thinking in this way alone.

Do you have any more info on the pure titanium units at all @VapCap as in release dates or product testing and the like? Although I'm a fan of all glass workings there comes a time when a materiel like ti comes to the fore front being so durable, I just hope a all ti unit retains that taste of the all glass one but even if that's not the case it might be a price worth paying?

I will have more info on the all Ti unit in about a week. I'm waiting on a few more parts, and will post more pictures then. I plan on shipping beta testers just after the first of the year. I currently have two more beta units that will be available at that time. If anyone is interested, please message me.

Cheers,

George

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

I also feel the VC is more forgiving for learing and mistakes (vs. your opinion of of less forgiving), cleans and loads much much easier. I also would say taste is superior in the Cap, but this is a very subjective point.

I agree with you, on almost everything.

I find vapman aestethically more refinate for sure (but yet this is first batch of VC) and more forgiving if you search for big clouds,that beaing said both can easily combust.
In VM wood mouthpiece sucks condansate retarding the need for cleaning but this have big impact on taste, taste wise glass VC for me is the purest.
extraction wise I find vapcap gives more even brown ABV; vapman ABV shows always a color gradient to me (the top of the load is always more way clear), both extract very good, it is only a shade of difference but it is there for me.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
When comparing the VapCap and VapMan IMO you can't go wrong with either. @bounce5 my opinion on a few points differ fron yours, but the bottom line is i think the two of us enjoy both vapes, which is cool. Funny thing is, and i have said this before, even though i use my VapCap much more often than the VapMan, i use the VapMan more now than before i had the VapCap, and probably appreciate it more now than ever.

@IAmKrazy2 I am still struggling with the loading the device... I use the dynastash, but can't seem to push and dig to load and the other I tried the straw method yesterday (dip, suck, remove any cap), but neither work. I was hoping you can share your experience? I am looking to load quick and stealth, as no one I know, knows I need medication..... I used to use a dugout and that was great, but now I never want to combust again ;)

Thanks for your help, and anyone else who wants to share....

Honestly, i have been using the VapCap for months without the dugout. I love how the magnet on it can be used to remove a hot cap, and it looks nice, but i have also been having trouble getting loaded once my herb is compressed into the wood chamber.

I actually use a small SS container made by SpaceCase that i keep my herb in for quick loading. It isn't very deep, and is much wider than the Dugout storage. The short JyARz (spelling?) as i believe someone else mentioned may be ideal as both that and the VC case will lock in smell when out and about.

Top Bottom