Smokey McVape

Has anyone compared new old stock of the old caps (ie: ones that have sat on shelves unused since manufacture) to the current ones side by side? Could it be that the heavily used old caps now just click hotter than when they were new?
I have 4 caps from 2017 that I have hardly used.
They are all smaller in diameter compared to the new captive caps and are heavier.
2021 Obsidian cap = 0.75 grams.
2017 Cap = 0.90 grams.
I will try to post pics.

My_50p_worth

They are all smaller in diameter compared to the new captive caps and are heavier.
2017 Cap = 0.90 grams.
I will try to post pics.
That’s a fair bit of extra weight, despite also being smaller. That would tie into the changed alloy theory quite well

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Damn, guess theres definitely some scientific proof now that there are indeed differences between them, regardless of what's being told.

My Dyna is working amazing, but its now making me curious about '19 caps and their differences lol would all '21 caps, regardless of finish, work the same as eachother, or do the finish on the caps play a part in how they work? I noticed that the clicker thing is similar to the back of a button (like a political representatives button with their face on it). Gotta say, im pmressed with the design of these. Just wish for the sake of the OG users, they figure out the cap/tip nonesense. Most OG's have collections and they know what works and doesnt. Seems like a slap in the face to your customers if you say theres no changes but a nice chunk of OG DV users definitely notice some, weight being the easiest to quantify. Its confusing why that would take place at all...

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Oh totally, my UFO for example I got a technique going in the end. I still stand by my “cheap crap” comment though, it’s just cheap crap both me and yourself are experienced enough to make work. Many others are not though

If I used a new cap and pulsed two seconds at a time I would get perfect consistent results - although at that point it’s not that much less hassle than a torch.

I found that I much prefer one I can just sit the VC in and wait for the click.

Hope you enjoy the wand by the way man, it’s a great purchase IMO. I really like mine and have found the versatility of it to be its biggest strength - in theory you could heat a 5 fin, then a 20m, then a tandem, and then an Anvil without missing a beat. The swappable 18650’s make it great for camping trips and the like too

@Demonic chronic I have both of the EXACT same torches as you! A man of great taste I see ;) That first one with the black fuel tank just keeps going and going, I get 3 days of heavy use easy. My local head shop sells them for £4 with different wraps on them and they’re a big favourite with the DV guys and gals

They’re made by a brand called Prof if anyone else wants one - they also make one with a Swiss Army knife attached which is a bit different
Aye the larger one is made by prof, got 3 or 4 I think, they’ve proven reliable even tho cheap, my main torch is the old battle scarred 1 which works the best, also have many back up torches (in many sizes) just in case of an emergency :lol:, the smaller lighter in the pic I shown above is made by a company called vvay incase anyones wondering about £7. Edit-if Dynavap make anymore caps they should be tested by people who actually vape all the time daily, the community who use dynas exclusively as their main vape, me being one for example. The wrong tip cap combo could potentially put people off these great effiecent devices. Also anyone know what a pipes caldrons IH is worth?, thinking about sticking it in the classifieds for sale, dunno if it’ll be worth it or no.

Last edited:

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
2017 Cap = 0.90 grams.
I will try to post pics.

Awesome post, thanks for this info. Do all 4 2017 caps weigh ~0.90 grams?
could I perhaps ask you for a picture of the old and new, side by side? Especially interested in a comparison of the two crimps / click-parts. They say the old one has a smaller crimp (if thats what were gonna call it), which seems to me to be the best visual give-away.
So you can tell them apart by weighing them? That's convenient.
That's gonna be a weird ask in my local headshops. ;)

OGablogian,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know of any local shops that carry them (vapcaps or parts), but I have a nice little digital scale that would fit in a shirt pocket. Problem would be finding the older ones.

cybrguy,

Demonic chronic

You guys are lucky, there isn’t even anything remotely like a headshop here lol, a need anything it’s gotta be ordered.

Demonic chronic,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I don't know of any local shops that carry them (vapcaps or parts), but I have a nice little digital scale that would fit in a shirt pocket. Problem would be finding the older ones.
Can try entexchange? No idea what a fair price would be for one of those though.

OGablogian,

GoldenBud

My Dyna is working amazing, but its now making me curious about '19 caps and their differences lol would all '21 caps, regardless of finish, work the same as eachother, or do the finish on the caps play a part in how they work? I noticed that the clicker thing is similar to the back of a button (like a political representatives button with their face on it). Gotta say, im pmressed with the design of these. Just wish for the sake of the OG users, they figure out the cap/tip nonesense. Most OG's have collections and they know what works and doesnt. Seems like a slap in the face to your customers if you say theres no changes but a nice chunk of OG DV users definitely notice some, weight being the easiest to quantify. Its confusing why that would take place at all...
the cap issue isn't much big when you realize the cap is like only 0.75gr but the Tip is 3.1gr/5.5gr so it's more important...the regular user shouldn't be concerned if the cap weighs 0.75gr or 0.90gr, it's still a 0.15gr difference when comparing to the whole cap+tip which is 3.85gr at total....(min)

i feel like the hits are great with Ti tip + 21 captive cap, slightly squeezed. i stopped going on the lowest part and waiting for the second click because the extraction is so strong sometimes.. the Ti tip is so fast, I should stop at the first click..going at the Mid is always great too, 2 cycles for half chamber

Demonic chronic

the cap issue isn't much big when you realize the cap is like only 0.75gr but the Tip is 3.1gr/5.5gr so it's more important...the regular user shouldn't be concerned if the cap weighs 0.75gr or 0.90gr, it's still a 0.15gr difference when comparing to the whole cap+tip which is 3.85gr at total....(min)

i feel like the hits are great with Ti tip + 21 captive cap, slightly squeezed. i stopped going on the lowest part and waiting for the second click because the extraction is so strong sometimes.. the Ti tip is so fast, I should stop at the first click..going at the Mid is always great too, 2 cycles for half chamber
Or get a low temp cap, I use them on my omnis out and about, honestly underrated, obviously the hotter caps are better for vaping thru water.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Anyone try heating the tip with the torch prior to loading it? That should quicken the heat-up time for single flame torches.

Funny you should mention that...I've been pre warming the tip and cap with my IH before I load it. Then it's a half pack one hit wonder.

How differently does your cut down tip perform compared to the standard one half filled?

Demonic chronic

Incase anyone is in the market for an IH in the uk I’ve just posted one in the classifieds, sorry if this is against any rules in any way mods. If so then by all means delete It, and I apologise .

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hello all. Just thought I’d pop in and express my continued joy over Dynavap and their products.

Not been on here in a minute, but still DVing daily. So grateful this company gave me a practical, reliable, easy way to go tobacco free! That must have been 4-5 years ago now :)

And a big shout to the z-plus lighter! I’ve used two of them daily for 2-3 years now. Not a single issue. Can’t say any other lighter has come close. And I really like it inside and outside.

Last edited:

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack

Check out my silly little webseries, The 420 Frugalist!

Tandem Tips are probably old news to most folks here, but maybe not cheap ones! If anyone has interest, enjoy; I work hard on these edits. If not, thanks anyway! :)

BingsBuddery,
Reactions: Momor

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
2017 Cap = 0.90 grams.
I will try to post pics.

I consider that to be a *very* small difference. I'm pretty sure that's typical factory variation – here's my results from five caps I have at hand:

2018 I: 0.81g
2018 II: 0.82g
2019: 0.83g
2020 I: 0.78g
2020 II: 0.79g

So for me the more recent caps are even a (next to none) tad lighter.

Last edited:
Siebter,
Top Bottom