TommyDee

Vaporitor
Ohhhh, a Dynacoil test. This trick should rock with a DynaCoil! Looking forward to your impressions too @Ganjora .

Hey @Stark1 - go back a page.

Okay, I'm sitting here in the quiet hittin' this franken-vap that is probably the most cobbled piece of all DV tech to come out as a pretty good "sippin' vape".
We are featuring a full 4 course meal beginning with a nicely crafted '20-M stem. "Chevron whistle port". ...no longer. We follow that with a premium titanium condenser, XL length. "Remember to clean it next time Tommy! :uhoh:" eeeeeuuuuugh!... The 3rd o-ring optional, but clearing the air port in the very least. The pair were mated by gently screwing them together from the mouthpiece end. Looks like a VC with no tip and hard-on doesn't it. Then a fresh Ti tip to add elegance to the part'ee. The Ti tip features a center seating within the bowl for a gentle and easy flowing half-bowl load. CCD of course is also Ti but that is optional as well. Slipping the tip over the protruding condenser is just so wrong :cool: But hey, we got a '20 stem, a parts store condenser, a fancy-pants Ti tip and CCD, and what to do for a cap? Bring on the initiated yet ignored '19-M-Cap. This is one hot clicker! Nicely spaced for a '19 but wham-bam-TY-GN. She might be crude on the heatup but the clicks are very reliable. As a abomination in this configuration, this is another vape entirely in my very humbling short experience. I feel it expresses the best a DynaVap M could bring to my more relaxed sessions.

This is not to poopoo on my absolutely beloved '18 cap & tip! That is a workhorse and a VapeSipper. I Love that vape, carbless wooden stem and all! :rockon:

I am saying here and now that this mod gives me a new Sippin' Vape. Airy clouds that keep coming and potent from the heat of the '19 hot clicker. No finding and feathering the air port. Frugal on the herb as well. This is a carry vape for sure. It fits the DynaStash 3D printed case nicely. And if you need that conventional harder draw, go ahead, find the air port. :peace:

Last edited:

Ganjora

Ohhhh, a Dynacoil test. This trick should rock with a DynaCoil! Looking forward to your impressions too @Ganjora .

don't have anything to put in the dynacoil just yet, and never tried a concentrate before...
looking to remedy both pretty soon.
weed only just got legalised in south africa, so although you cannot get arrested any more (been there, done that), you cannot legally purchase/sell weed either - there are no dispensaries yet, and the laws which will govern them, and cultivation still have to be written.
it's the weirdest thing, you can possess and enjoy weed freely, but you're not allowed to buy it.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I do feel for you brother! I was in a USA state where a seed gets you hauled off. Been there too. Now, life is what I fought for decades ago. In a different state though.

I'm liking the Ti tip's performance using for a few sessions now. This new finding just fixes the configuration for me. I finally have an actual M I can call my own on performance.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Didn’t quite get my timing right on the first hit but I don’t care at all because it was super tasty 😋 goes to show this technique can be adapted to sustain any level of vapour and could work with low temp cap 🧢 for flavour chasers I’d recommend hitting immediately upon heating to take full advantage of the potential convection. Even chasing the dragons 🐉 I feel like I’m getting more convection.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So you are able to keep up with the Apollo 2 on the draw, right? The reason I say that is that most IH won't let you do that or you get combustion.

TommyDee,

Bad Dog

In my opinion the apollo runs cool, I can go 5 seconds passed the click on the first 2 heat cycles

Bad Dog,
Reactions: TommyDee

Bad Dog

Don't really think I'll post many more @proz9c ,it would get monotonous. It might have to do with my IH it's a first generation apollo, runs cool, heats mostly the top half of the bowl. The new generation is probably better but if I were you I'd be looking a fluxer IH's. Really I get two hits 1 super hit and 1 worth while clean up that does peater off toward the end. If you really want a 1 hitter and you have a titanium tip set to half size that would probably be the best way to go about it, not even my Weedeater can fully extract .1 in one hit and I take like a minute hit.

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Planck

proz9c

Yeah you are right :)

I am signed up for the Fluxer already, thanks

"Really I get two hits 1 super hit and 1 worth while clean up that does peater off toward the end. " - is that with the Fluxer?

Yeah you are probally right, the surface area or chamber is maybe to compact when its full size, i am using traditional hash tho

proz9c,

Bad Dog

@proz9c i only wish I had a flux deluxe, what size coil did you get? A flux is more aggressive than my apollo and the amount you pulse and how frequently will probably differ from my results. I love hash in the Dynavap, have you tried using a terp pearl? That's my favourite method

@TommyDee i have some very basic soldering experience, I can connect a wire to a post but wouldn't trust myself connecting transistors or chips

Bad Dog,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I was just curious @Bad Dog . I was wondering if a switch would be useful for you besides the one in the bottom of the coil. I am not sure what the insides of the first Apollo looks like but you can parallel momentary switches to get a more convenient activation.

For an Apollo 2 I would recommend a switch across the switched 12v (+ @ upper center) and the gate on the mosfet (SW @left center).
One could scrape the red solder-mask off and solder wires directly to those copper traces.

I'm posting this in case anyone is interested in a switch mod on their Apollo 2.

lucid_Customs_PCB_sw_mod.png

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Tommy, related to you last post. I don’t know much about electronics, so my question is, instead of using these momentary switches that require user pressure to keep circuit on (pressing down), are there equivalent switches that would be far more sensitive, and just require the weight of let’s say 50% of the lightest Dynavap setup. Ideally, I prefer the SKJ IR Sensor, but thought if possible this might be the next best thing, and just be a different switch?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@RustyOldNail - yes, there are different levels of activation pressure. The caveat is the little heat shield needed on the switch. Each maker has a trick to get that to work right and reliably.

One of the mods I will do on the Alpine 2020 when it gets here is to parallel the switch in it. What would be perfect if I can make the power switch momentary. If not, I can replace with a similar momentary switch.

There are two ways I can think of to go sensing rather than a switch - "light curtain" - basically an interrupted light beam, and a disturbed electric field which is what stop-lights use. Both require a bit of intelligence but certainly not rocket science. Once a processor is put in these things, look for all kinds of bells and whistles.

edit; SKJ uses an IR sensor? Now that would be cool! Somehow I thought I saw an intrusion coil for sensing metal in the cup.

This is what I know about the insides -

pjyc0lijwwv41.jpg

& https://external-preview.redd.it/vA...bp&s=32d18aaf33b7a06eb8ba533bf1258a1a744255cd

Last edited:

Bad Dog

With my skills and luck I prefer not to monkey with it right now but if I pick up a flux I'd be more inclined to perhaps make a winter project of it. Maybe I could pick your brain some other time @TommyDee ? It is a little difficult to hear the click of the switch to let me know I'm heating and another switch could be very useful since I can't see the led lights change.

I'm going to try and narrow down my timing with the help of using the clock on my iPhone until I get something more repeatable to report back, so some more experimenting is called for yeah....... unfortunately under covid rationing continues so most of those bowls will be cbd.... boo

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
I was just curious @Bad Dog . I was wondering if a switch would be useful for you besides the one in the bottom of the coil. I am not sure what the insides of the first Apollo looks like but you can parallel momentary switches to get a more convenient activation.

For an Apollo 2 I would recommend a switch across the switched 12v (+ @ upper center) and the gate on the mosfet (SW @left center).
One could scrape the red solder-mask off and solder wires directly to those copper traces.

I'm posting this in case anyone is interested in a switch mod on their Apollo 2.

View attachment 898

I love how it still says "Lucid Customs" on the board. lol

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

thejackalsmark,
Reactions: Planck

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail - yes, there are different levels of activation pressure. The caveat is the little heat shield needed on the switch. Each maker has a trick to get that to work right and reliably.

One of the mods I will do on the Alpine 2020 when it gets here is to parallel the switch in it. What would be perfect if I can make the power switch momentary. If not, I can replace with a similar momentary switch.

There are two ways I can think of to go sensing rather than a switch - "light curtain" - basically an interrupted light beam, and a disturbed electric field which is what stop-lights use. Both require a bit of intelligence but certainly not rocket science. Once a processor is put in these things, look for all kinds of bells and whistles.

edit; SKJ uses an IR sensor? Now that would be cool! Somehow I thought I saw an intrusion coil for sensing metal in the cup.

This is what I know about the insides -

pjyc0lijwwv41.jpg

& https://external-preview.redd.it/vA...bp&s=32d18aaf33b7a06eb8ba533bf1258a1a744255cd

No IR, my mistake. Coil as you say.

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Okay cool. Thanks for claifying that. You had my brain going towards another Amazon order :D Funny, 9 months ago I looked at the SJK heaters and they were running around $33 for a good deal. Now they're all over $50. Same with the ZVS modules; was $5.50 and now $8.50 and up. That is some serious market pressure :cool:

RustyOldNail

Okay cool. Thanks for claifying that. You had my brain going towards another Amazon order :D Funny, 9 months ago I looked at the SJK heaters and they were running around $33 for a good deal. Now they're all over $50. Same with the ZVS modules; was $5.50 and now $8.50 and up. That is some serious market pressure :cool:

True, $50+, but received in 3 days....

RustyOldNail,

Nomad #111

You have some good ideas Tommy. I dont really understand but I saw what you did with the MFLB so I think you know what you are doing! :):):):lol::lol::D

Top Bottom