Ganjora

titanium tip seems like much better airflow,
that said, the SS tip was pretty gunked up inside and the CCD was nearly completely blocked.
will give it a proper cleaning now, and when the time come to do the same with the titanium, will run back to back tests to which i prefer.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The bore in the stainless is larger. It will bleed more air. I found it to be quite a bit more and haven't followed through. The reason I went to try Ti was from a DV recommendation noting the difference in ID. That is part of the Omni function. That is what this is mimicing very poorly, but at this particular fixed gap, this is the differential pressure it presents. For me, Fuckin' A! No 'dead draws' and plenty of vape. I can do the bowl and not hunt for the air port.

FunkShui

i have an omnivap and it's been my daily driver for 3 years now. I always would feather the airport like I'm playing a tiny flute or something to draw. I just now dialed in the right amount of twist to draw without messing with the airport and it's a huge game changer! It makes it so much more pleasant to use when you can just hold it like a cigarette and not worry about the carb at all. I did have to switch the ti tip from a previous generation when i had bought an XLS woody maybe 2017 or something to get this to get the amount of vapor I want though...

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey @FunkShui - Welcome to the new FC.

What is the approximate full adjustment range lengthwise of the Omni condenser?

I was just playing with this poor-mans version to give people an idea of what to expect. I was blown away. This could give rise to variable length stems :doh:

Last edited:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Since last night something has happened that had never happened: when I try to remove the cap, the Tip also slips, attached to the cap itself ...:suspicious::uhh::uhh:
I don't understand why, it had never happened in more than a year.
Maybe the o-rings are wearing out? :nope:

notams

toke down Babylon
I did @TommyDee 's little lego trick.

I'm easily influenced late at night. Anyhoo, it's an amazingly different DV experience. I lego-build all day. I have 5 "complete" VCs and switch and swap parts needlessly.

The XL concenser on a stem length (standard M mid-secrion) is something that needs to be explored if you're a caphead. Since trying it I've been hooked on this set-up.

Hey, Tommy, you turned me on to putting the CCD in upside-down with the concave curve helping the airflow rather that pinching it (ask him, he explains it better). Well, do your XL condenser thing AND do the CCD at half mast (half bowl). If you can get the damn CCD to stay put - which requires hurcelean patience - the airflow is even more nuanced. With the screen up off the floor and the condenser poking up you get a really nice draw.

FunkShui

Thanks for the welcome!

@TommyDee Looks like you got your question answered for the mm of adjustment on the omni. It's awesome you found a different way to create the omnivap experience with other parts. And you won't have to mess with adjustment to find it every time you clean it!

I've been using my omnivap XL for years. But I was using it just like an M, kept the thing screwed in fully so the airport was wide open and I'd feather the carb.

It wasn't until this pandemic and sharing a toke with my buddies on a zoom call did I realize it looks pretty funny playing a tiny one handed flute as you smoke.
I went back and read like 200 pages of previous dynavap discussion on FC... and realized I haven't been fully utilizing my daily driver!

Anyway, the biggest thing for me was that I just assumed you couldn't turn the mouthpiece while the condenser is inserted into the body. You need a little bit of grease (coconut oil, beeze wax, sebum) on the center O ring on the omnivap condenser, and that way when you spin the mouth piece in the body you can adjust the airflow without the whole thing popping out (the center o ring no longer binds and just allows the condenser to slide up and down). Super simple but I never really gave much thought in how the device worked and what path the airflow takes.

I love heating up my XL and smoking it like a cigarette one handed. I'm even more into my daily driver than before! Bonus of reading the previous discussion too was finding out that the Ti tip I'm using on my omnivap XL is the famed 7 fin 4th generation tip. I liked how it looks so I've been using it, but good to find out some users like it more than the current gen. Either way, a fun thing to learn!

Anyway, here's a pic of my setup, pretty in love with it right now. I'm looking forward to getting a fluxer when my name moves up the list!

Attachments

• image1(1) - Copy.jpeg
    image1(1) - Copy.jpeg
    793.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Ganjora

damn.
i want the titanium omnivap without the omni part.
already have a Ti tip M XLS.
just need the titanium stem and spinning titanium mouthpiece and i'll have what i want.
get a spare cap at the same time and i'll have a standard M to travel with, and a 'manual transmission' titanium device for home.
in my neck of the woods the upgrades are pricey.
none of the upgrades would have any effect of the performance, just the looks.
not sure if good looks and a spare device are worth the additional 2000 monkey moneys i'd need to throw, especially when you consider that the new 2020 M is 1390 monkey moneys...

FunkShui

Really surprised this works! Cool. Do you find an improvement in cooling? I love using the dynavap form factor but do find the vapor hot especially after a couple bowls. My only concern is I don’t see how you can restrict airflow with the Omni with that tab sticking out like that.
Dave, Monkey Moneys? Rand?

@17.5 Rands to the dollar, that’s a bit of change for an M (postage not included). :twocents:

XY~

Added a spiral cooler to my Omni condenser (1st kid on the block). :spliff:

spinner number generator

Top Bottom