RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
the best of 2020 so far.......

TiBB9.jpg

BB9.jpg

31-DEA63-B-5-B9-F-4083-AEAC-DD29-FD2-B60-F7.jpg

My little mod.....
I used some clear shrink wrap over the carb area so I could find it quickly. You can leave it sealed if you never use the Airport, though you loose ability to use it without removing it. But, if you want to use the Airport, as I do, melt or cut a hole over the Airport, as you see in picture.

LabPong

We will also make the C-Vap available for those in need. Our hope is these will only be purchased for those who cannot afford a device and truly need one

That is so kind of you George! I have a friend whom is really bad off with health issues and was trying to quit combusting back in the fall....just before X-mas I put together some spare parts I had to make a vapcap for him. He was so happy and enjoy it more than a lighting a pipe up. But he lost is last month and cant find it still.

So just wondering if you can setup a deal where we can maybe pay a small amount or something and have you send it to the "in need" person? I was just going to buy another BB9 or something and not a full vapcap setup. I would luv to get this person back to vaping again.

31-DEA63-B-5-B9-F-4083-AEAC-DD29-FD2-B60-F7.jpg

My little mod.....
I used some clear shrink wrap over the carb area so I could find it quickly. You can leave it sealed if you never use the Airport, though you loose ability to use it without removing it. But, if you want to use the Airport, as I do, melt or cut a hole over the Airport, as you see in picture.

Nice.....I did not realize you could get clear shrink wrap....is there a MSDS on it? I used the little piece of drinking straw and silicone o-rings on mine. I wanted to make sure it was food safe....even if it is just the small port hole exposed. That is why I cringe when I see people using dif tapes to seal it off......ewww lol

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Nice.....I did not realize you could get clear shrink wrap....is there a MSDS on it? I used the little piece of drinking straw and silicone o-rings on mine. I wanted to make sure it was food safe....even if it is just the small port hole exposed. That is why I cringe when I see people using dif tapes to seal it off......ewww lol

No MSDS, if that area of the stem ever got hot enough to soften or melt the shrink wrap, I’d be concerned. But the BB9 doesn’t even get warm, glass is cool.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
https://www.panduit.com/content/dam...ata-sheets/heat-shrinkable-tubing-whmis-0.pdf

Typical shrink tubing MSDS

You'd need to bring the material to a decomposition state normally associated with combustion to have any harmful effects from this. Being a cold air inlet of something you hold in your hand pretty much says what the temperature limit will be. The risk is less than the fumes you breath from shutting off you car and stepping out of it. Both these things you probably do daily, vape and drive. Hopefully in the proper order.

RustyOldNail

https://www.panduit.com/content/dam...ata-sheets/heat-shrinkable-tubing-whmis-0.pdf

Typical shrink tubing MSDS

You'd need to bring the material to a decomposition state normally associated with combustion to have any harmful effects from this. Being a cold air inlet of something you hold in your hand pretty much says what the temperature limit will be. The risk is less than the fumes you breath from shutting off you car and stepping out of it. Both these things you probably do daily, vape and drive. Hopefully in the proper order.

From linked PDF above:
“Overheating the product to charring or burning may produce vapors that may cause eye, skin, nose and throat irritation. Persons with pre-existing eye, skin, or respiratory disorders (e.g., asthma conditions) may be more susceptible to the effects of these vapors.”

RustyOldNail,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Right - charring or burning is decomposition. So you need the temperature at which charring commences.

https://www.newark.com/pdfs/techarticles/alphaWire/HeatShrinkTubing.pdf

The lowest shrink temperature in this offering is 90C. This is way below decomposition temperature as you don't want your shrink tubing decomposing. So this says that up to boiling temperature there is no worries. If you heat your rig past 90C, all bets are off. Margin on this type of products is well over 2x considering the application techniques lack accurate temperature controls.

And no, I wouldn't use it in the vape path, just the fresh air path that is normally handled anyway.

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I was poking around the site and couldn’t find the c-vap for sale and thought to myself “why not type it into the url?” So I did and it worked.
DynaVap.com/c-vap took me to the right page so I could purchase one for my little brother. Hope it’s ok to post this

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't get to it, then realized you have to be logged in with your account first. Even then, I had to log out, then back in, then use your code and it finally got me there. They must be flying off the shelf.

True to the spirit of the C-vap, I will be shipping it to my father to try to make him a dynavaper. We will see. I may need to send him an IH too. IDK if he would be good with a torch. Maybe when my new PSM arrives, I'll send him my caldron.

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
aw jeeze, did i already miss out?? i have a friend in need of a vape, and i thought this would be perfect.. it seems there's no way to add to the cart now! what a fantastic idea though, very nice work dynavap team!!

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
aw jeeze, did i already miss out?? i have a friend in need of a vape, and i thought this would be perfect.. it seems there's no way to add to the cart now! what a fantastic idea though, very nice work dynavap team!!

This is available:
“Now through the end of the month, enjoy 20% off the store and an "M" for a Friend for $30 promotion with any complete vaporizer or vaporizer kit purchased.”

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Soooooo...jealous of y'all in the USA.

To buy a 2020 M from dynavap direct, would cost: $60 for the M + $32 international shipping + $14 tax = $106 usd.

Or

A c-vap $4.19 + $32 International shipping + $5.43 tax = $41.62 usd.

The new postage rates are a direct order killer for me. Will be good for the local NZ retail outlets. Even DV sale prices are more expensive than the regular retail prices over here.

Plus the few retailers we do have, only stock a limited range.

To top it all off, if for some reason I did decide to order direct from DV, there is a chance my order would be confiscated and destroyed by customs.

Soooo.....jealous.

vandalizedbythelotus

CCD: SS or Ti?
Pros and cons of both?
good ol mesh screens don't look as purdy but they filter small particles way better and are so much easier to maintain/adjust. stocked up on both TI and SS CCD's then discovered the mesh ones and haven't looked back.
you can find them in ddave's mods shop or search amazon for 9.5mm (3/8" (0.375)) mesh screens or get a punch and make your own.
as for material i pick SS over TI in mesh for durability and safety, TI over SS in CCD for looks but they are more fragile/rigid

Last edited:

LabPong

good ol mesh screens don't look as purdy but they filter small particles way better and are so much easier to maintain/adjust. stocked up on both TI and SS CCD's then discovered the mesh ones and haven't looked back.
you can find them in ddave's mods shop or search amazon for 9.5mm mesh screens or get a punch and make your own.
as for material i pick SS over TI in mesh for durability and safety, TI over SS in CCD for looks but they are more fragile/rigid

I agree....I just use my own self cut SS screens now.....push it to the bottom and go for it. lol

vandalizedbythelotus

@vandalizedbythelotus Is Titanium more fragile than SS? :hmm:
in this instance yes because this SS alloy has more elasticity than TI grade2 and tolerates the abuse of bending from adjusting much better. TI will eventually crack from bending.

edit: turns out it's supposed to be the other way around but i got 2 TI CCD's become brittle and crack over time for some reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom