Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@TiSteamo – Ah okay, I remember that, it happened right after the M19 got launched, right? Anyways, I think what George says in that clip is that when the device works well, it's most likely not defective.

---

Hope it's okay to show off my latest acquisitions. This is a custom stem made out of ancient (4500BC) Irish oak bog wood, paired with a redheart mouthpiece, same size as an Omni XL:

Bogwood-Rotated.png

This is an Australian Mallee Burl stabwood stem, XXXL-sized:

resized-IMG-20200407-190402.jpg

Both are from KG Woodcrafts / @khelek41girl (actually her father did both). The look & feel and the quality of these stems is simply stellar. I'm absolutely amazed.

Initially I didn't plan to replace my Omni XL, which has been my favorite Dynavap and vaporizer in general for quite a while now, but these two not only look lovely, they also work perfectly; manipulating the airflow works nicely with both, but I very much enjoy using them with fully open airports as well, feels nicely convectionesque without compromising vapor density too much.

resized-IMG-20200407-190146.jpg

So the bog wood stem was custom made for me, but don't let its look deceive you, I was going for a minimalist , understated vibe. However, KG Woodcrafts can do extremely elaborate and complex stuff (different metal crowns, acrylic stuff, inlays, custom mouthpieces...). Since my piece was rather simple, the customization process was short, yet very much on point. I got exactly what I was looking for. I'm *really* happy with the result.

resized-IMG-20200407-190653.jpg

https://www.kgwoodcrafts.com/

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Since it is your main squeeze, give the cap one—that should allow a bit more air flow.

A fine diamond needle file to accentuate/deepen the indentations on top of your tip should also help;
IIRC, the “defective” ones had shallow or no indents.

If it works, don’t “fix” it. GL! :tup:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
It works but I get visible steam only by closing the carb hole.

For example, I never get clouds like this ...

People, how Is your airflow with carb hole closed?

TiSteamo,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Experiment with heating different parts of the cap; first clicks may produce wispy results, with
Subsequent clicks extracting more efficiently. YMNV

There is definitely a learning curve with a flame heat. :spliff:

TiSteamo

Yes, I know that.
But I want to ask you a question: with the Cap on and with the carb hole closed, how is your airflow? Do you feel that you suck a lot of air, little or no?
Is it possible that with the carb hole uncovered I don't get any steam?
And again, looking at the image does it seem defective?
Can you get clouds like in the video?

TiSteamo,

vandalizedbythelotus

Yes, I know that.
But I want to ask you a question: with the Cap on and with the carb hole closed, how is your airflow? Do you feel that you suck a lot of air, little or no?
Is it possible that with the carb hole uncovered I don't get any steam?
And again, looking at the image does it seem defective?
Can you get clouds like in the video?
the image is not clear enough to accurately tell if the carving is proper or not.
there should be reasonable airflow with the airport closed but without a reference point that is almost impossible to define.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
@TiSteamo It's a tough one to explain...

One factor in many vids, is that often the host will use lighting to highlight the vapor.

It makes a BIG difference to the visibility of the "cloud"

I understand your question, you are asking about how easy or hard it is to draw through the dynavap, airport closed vs airport open.
Also that you are trying to work it out, with very little information to go on.

It's a tough one to answer because of how subjective it is.

But I'll take a shot....

(This is my experience and it is different for others)

Airport open = wispier and harsher vapor. I can draw through the dynavap reasonably easy with my lungs.

Airport closed = denser vapor that irritates my throat less.
It's uncomfortable to draw with my lungs, so I mouth pull and it's kind of like puffing on a cigar, regarding how hard it is to draw through.

It should be possible to get clouds if the tip is working properly, but everyone's approach can differ a bit.

Hmmmm... :peace:

TiSteamo

With the carb hole closed, there is little airflow ...
I try to load other images ...

IMG-20200408-123210.jpg

IMG-20200408-123200-1.jpg

IMG-20200408-123225.jpg

TiSteamo,

TiSteamo

you see? at minute 5 the guy tries to draw ...
the noise it makes, with the airport closed, sounds like mine when the Airport is open.

sorry if I stress you with these paranoias but I was wondering if my vapcap works in all its potential.

TiSteamo

I'll try to be clearer ... I don't want to get big clouds of steam, I just want to know if my "M" is ok or it is one of those defective "M".
A wrong "M",as a wrong Negroni.
In your experience, looking at the pictures, how do you rate it?
I must also say, as a new vaper, that I am satisfied, I have had it for a year, his work does it well.
I'd just like to know if it could do better. ;)

TiSteamo,

LabPong

In your experience, looking at the pictures, how do you rate it?

This is not possible from just looking at pics.

you see? at minute 5 the guy tries to draw ...
the noise it makes, with the airport closed, sounds like mine when the Airport is open.

sorry if I stress you with these paranoias but I was wondering if my vapcap works in all its potential.

At the 5 min mark.....then seconds later he draws on both of them.....which one are you comparing yours with...the first one he draws on that you can not hear with the port closed...or the second one he draws on with the port closed and you can hear air rushing into the tip?

I will say the M's seem harder to master as the tip holds heat much longer.....so it is sort of hard to really tell when the heating is too much or too little regardless of clicks because your draw technique and carb use will add more complexity to getting the vapor you want.

This was my finding after using the Ti tips for a good 6 months before trying a SS tip. I just feel it is much easier to sense or feel your way to getting good vapor with the Ti.

That said, if you are heating it up enough.....you have the possibility of getting the good vapor quantity. So seems like your issue could be in draw technique and using the carb. I would suggest you hold the carb closed off for about 70% of a single draw....and in that draw...maybe try half opening the carb maybe at the middle of your draw for a second and at the end.

Remember...with the carb open...your just sucking air that is not going through the tip at all. So if you learn to feather it some...you should get better results if your vapcap is normal.

TiSteamo

So, with the Cap and the carb closed there is airflow, it feels but not so strong, the draw is more tiring than with the open carb (sorry for the trivialities) but I can produce satisfactory steam also from a quantitative point of view.
I was just wondering (since I don't have other dynavaps to compare them) if he could do better or if this is his standard,if It Is good or defective.
By the way why do you say you can't understand from the pictures?

TiSteamo,

GoldenBud

So, with the Cap and the carb closed there is airflow, it feels but not so strong, the draw is more tiring than with the open carb (sorry for the trivialities) but I can produce satisfactory steam also from a quantitative point of view.
I was just wondering (since I don't have other dynavaps to compare them) if he could do better or if this is his standard,if It Is good or defective.
By the way why do you say you can't understand from the pictures?
can you make a video for us? It'll much help

GoldenBud,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TiSteamo in my experience each cap tip combo is going to have different airflow. I have a bad tip floating around in my collection and I'm pretty sure it is one I use fairly regularly. The bad tip paired with a loser cap will have about the same airflow as a regular tip with tight cap.

But the tighter the tip airflow the more you may need to cover the airport to not just draw air through it.

Clouds are more a factor of temp and material.

I think the most important question is, is your device comfortably usable? Does it provide the lift you are looking for given that you mention you aren't interested in big clouds.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't be positive, but it looks to me that it is fine. It looks deeper, frankly, than mine and mine works fine. The bad ones were barely deep enough to show shadows of light. I think you are golden.
The VapCaps are not designed to produce prodigious airflow which is why most of us mouth pull. But as you can see from the video above, you can produce plenty of vapor if you do it right.
If what you really want is prodigious airflow on a butane vape, try a Lotus or a Sticky Brick. If you are just trying to get the job done, a VapCap does a great job.

TiSteamo

Okay, thanks for reassuring me.
I had doubts watching the video I posted, where you see the guy at 05:00 making very open draws that seem to be made without covering the hole (or without the CAP) ...
... and I asked myself: why doesn't mine do it?

Maybe the boy is "pretending" to cover the hole? :cool:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You can get very open draws if you don't cover the airport. You just, in my experience, don't get much vapor. If the air is all coming from the airport it is skipping the tip and won't have any (or much) vapor. Covering the air port creates negative pressure at the tip so you get vapor laden air as it is pulled through the load. That is, after all, what we are after.

Wow, looks like this thread is about to cross 2000 pages. And approaching 50000 posts. Quite a thread.

Top Bottom