mucsusn

60 going on 20
I don't understand why you persist in using ISO when you could use ethyl alcohol ...
in this way you can also make an extraction and it is more healthy ...
First, 91 or 99% ISO is cheap and effective. Second, the time and hassle of making an extraction is lost on me. I still have some of the two grams of concentrates that I bought last summer, as I’m a true micro-doser. Three grams of flower lasts me a week, and it is a mix of 1/2 regular flower and half CBD flower. I get my THC for $200/oz and my CBD for $60/oz, So my flower expenses amount to between $50-$60 a month.

Last, Ethyl availability varies widely by state in the US, due to each state setting its own distribution paradigm. I can get Everclear in my state, but not at every store (only state stores here for spirits 35% ABV and above).

Not sure if that’s persistence...or perhaps what works for me? As with all things VapCap related, YMMV, and for most, none of us are doing it “wrong”. When I combusted, I went through an ounce a month, and just a few short years ago that was $400/oz. Medicating is now DRASTICALLY cheaper for me, way more fun with the LEGO aspect, and I get to participate in this forum.

Hope that I elucidated that for you...:cheers:

Speaking of which, I’m going to gather up my biological armor and go get beer for mYself and the ladies. Stay safe, everyone!!!

Last edited:

LabPong

(mods....sorry to be a bit off topic here, but the other appropriate place to post....most do not go there after they get one of these....so just looking to get a quick answer or two).

To those whom have a more than one of Pipe's IH's.......I just got the Caldron and only used it a few times. Radically hotter than my Jarhead and Skeletor models. Those former ones average 9 seconds on heat up clicks. The Caldron is like 2-3 seconds with a low temp cap regular one.

I tried Pipes suggestion to raise the floor and used some 2mm high temp silicone and it gave me another second of heat up time....then put in another 2mm shim and it gave me another second or so. But then with the tip moved 4mm higher....the heat was not hitting the cap enough.

Is my Caldron a bit too hot....or normal?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I don't understand ... in the USA they don't sell ethyl alcohol? :hmm:
That is not what I said...since ethyl is drinkable, it is regulated by ABC laws which vary by state. Not all states allow high ABV distillates at retail. My state does allow it, but each store has a different product matrix, so for instance, when I want my favorite Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse bottled in bond), I have to go to a store out of my way. That’s worth it to me, as I love the Rittenhouse in my Manhattans. But, bringing it back on topic, taking the trouble to even find Everclear or grain alcohol isn’t worth my time, as the Dynavap (and a few other toys) is all I need to be satisfied.

Last edited:

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Look, I haven't been drinking alcohol for years, after surgery, don't miss it, yes, maybe I would like to have a glass of red at dinner. Patience.

I didn't know about this situation. There is clearly a serious alcohol problem in your country.

But in this way I think illegal production is encouraged ... or not?

TiSteamo,
Reactions: stark1

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
No, at the moment I and the other seven billion people have another, far more serious problem, it seems.:nope:

TiSteamo,
Reactions: TommyDee

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Look, I haven't been drinking alcohol for years, after surgery, don't miss it, yes, maybe I would like to have a glass of red at dinner. Patience.

I didn't know about this situation. There is clearly a serious alcohol problem in your country.

But in this way I think illegal production is encouraged ... or not?
Alcohol is the same as weed in this regard....outlaw or over regulate either and the black market will work its magic. America ended Prohibition in 1933, but left the states to implement their own regulations. The last state to legalize alcohol was Mississippi (1966). Several states still have a mix of wet and dry locales. Just like cannabis prohibition, it is the embodiment of idiocy to waste time and resources on bullshit like this. We have far bigger problems...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
My DIY induction heater build. Cost roughly $20 usd in parts. Had the tools, wire and wood already.

To the click from cold in 4 - 5 seconds, its a hot & fast one, but still easy enough to control. The ABV/DCB comes out very evenly baked & I get nicely baked too. :spliff:

sketch-1586589596818.jpg

LabPong

No, these are very hot heaters at 120W at full power. Reduce the input voltage and it will tame the Cauldron. You can do this with the Cauldron because there is no internal battery.

$5 voltage regulator for a power brick

I think this is the semi-official Cauldron and PSM thread for future reference: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-induction-heater-for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/

sorry...you did not even come close to answering my question......oh yea that's right...you don't have any of these either.....NEXT!

LabPong,
Reactions: TommyDee

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
My caldron is about 4 seconds to the click. I don't have another IH so this is pretty normal to me. It is pretty consistent in heat time and intensity. If I want to get a little more heat on a cycle I'll hold it down for another 1-2 seconds past the click, but beyond that is too much. I really only do that on the first cycle if the vc is cold.

I have a PSM on the way so it will be fun to compare.

420 is just starting to heat up. Something fun to watch during these dreary times. I'm curious what else George has up his sleeve. You gotta be quick and watching for a flash sale or special.

Gottawin

You can get ethyl alcohol at the pharmacy and at Wallyworld..
Search Results
Web result with site links
Ollie's
You can get ethyl alcohol at the pharmacy and at Wallyworld.. Ollie's Bargain Outlet is selling 375ml of hand sanitizer but what it really is is 100 proof vodka for 9.99 which will work as well..

Top Bottom