Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
These look interesting as a $10 10mm rig.

new-mini-triangle-glass-bong-with-4-inch.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...-inch/438231763.html#s8-10-1;searl|2780811010

You may find this thread to be helpful:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/small-bubbler-for-the-vapcap.27578/

taijinian

Hello,

I'm a fairly new DV customer. I have gone through two Arizer Solos that died shortly after the warranty expired.

I find the vapor from the M of an insufficient purity, and have been using a small piece of bristle pipe cleaner inside of the condenser tube as a filler. That helped a lot. I was happy to see the introduction of the BB9 line. It has improved the experience greatly over the M - the vapor quality was much higher.

I decided to take this a step further and use a bubbler stem I had from Arizer. There will be no going back for me from this setup. It produces most clean, large white puffy clouds - same or better than what I had with Arizer. I used aluminum foil to fit a DV tip into the stem. Might try copper foil instead for better pliability.

PZhBacoq9veqabb9-OhzcQJcjkOWfDtSByt_1LT9AqyrfuBndym0nacN63eGzFfgU92Qf9_lYYnpK-2iziJUBVTVtiwq8jwGvxy-gd8QwWcWD3-9iESPNeXnhvcKohLCQ8bbfRzkCV7lte94Dw25eCFYdCkhJBziVUisSnmiDNHP-ruvGsVyX_ni4pLOjDTbuk-y2-yzTqX1JMaiaWaV7wQx_sV1z1rtYmZz6TsWySfMJWYNGF6RxrUsT2KFAiaTROkqUs1u6Wa0j729W22b8dvvWhL4B8RkGH1pu3pixVu5Ofk28AfLww9NWA2O18TO-m3OSgTUMqMp-q8igv7PHe6srtjecGWz4pmKGj3kfjNCygLsDsvVIVrXvGx1IePtpsMWrohDmDBI-2TgDd8TpG2aLGqGiAnOcetAPTDKisOayqTOhr5A8xP2sCmzLPXQo1n7TX40Cj_p6PEkPnIWAU5agqy2nIQm7sgT4WMqju9zkzZUogQDIKLPpbuUk7auBcoOv1lWOi4B3qzyQbNMQoOGl9ZKjjDZGxDqeaejqUneNYJ0HUlTqBj2O-r_63C6Q2DDvl2DiWmJUnL-_5EsGSGG-uGMVxC4Lz2CfDjZgqkpwIcNNmmbhANXvInaXFlLKCPIMcwG93LHhC2X6s-YcZy3pyFfJcbRu2K-ZNx0J4E0gSJnCjiVpcf8a3ySmN6yg-E8pxCpA9bn2ZNEGIlzjLfAQ7AQOZ5wmfgHoZWIQZHQdGHk=w2572-h1929-no

EFqzEXhmrv4cssplZYmh-lTOey9HWIdabywvMfsUTZvrkW6kCwyeuBU5IwqUhkslrE--Y1G4Q83VpO9VqTaouKNontMrNvHAPGKsFrROhEdXed0eYPxBsNzD0NP8BVVsEOnU_4Fe9k2C2a5wQiA7-LpKGHiqT87RPsBgS2cmiCR3Ts4ChZN-X77abz_VwhXQOTBxSAnMx_TEvyqfy_kD71cxvDgZvDZz9wm6nmxse010_hl_EAjhd807z-gjAg1brQuW1-a6iNZQXumsj9iUoiQk0RfL2mNv72kB6cEkFec8HoHGYJRQjAp2kpP2WTBMxfkxljF7Yg_WTcGjPobtLgSUhETP0wdZqGXHdiPMvCv_lTcYxNNj08fUmPSTMHirt7JihcW0CMZk1XH0oD1IiDbuXH33UkYWRle5VrxFRp82yDMMjOPpdyKmq6f23_WqzcOPNQ0SZDFuGpJZlEp959IOw0ApX_ZrvG_oI4ZHP2eFwxsvRam5ORbadQz6J_aKHza4sRiksOoisGF_yeeTizd4DfRmVV6qZ9agkVakeu1A97Oub_o4sa8qaGwj1soVP7OPzBY2hC4GOSAIw2r_gDLxDYztKgd2oLlg6McNjsRY9eBrqOR86YQ_wFFuQ40c9rkUZyYaQHE7jXf5IFKm37J4rVIYl4Qt8HkCLVyMnAmAI2DUARj4GwhKXMdjTxxKfcJofUPmtL2o7XPAqsDKZgQhqSnMrlfK6Hr_ieW0QNIZEn_r=w1447-h1929-no

_UcG2IuykHhhsllfwjtbVUwGxvfALs9mwzh2gowIodgNKziGC7X0dBacXJ8zP7tc2uXuvetejdRlYGWkD-GeVeGqGzCAQSyW9dIhIdEgVjMulFGsQ0W7JfXV2y34Gi8Hbh6qi1IZVe_Vo7OVGTvOswbE3nDF2D3xWAPy2WdJLH1vsGW-8Phz84DQ6ELFkbu2PFT_t81o3BHaTF1rrb56ZVU8E3ZbQN71AQlGeGNso1eilgwdMw9qmouOqjyzgIL7ulXNR7jQ4yw2BIXzMYQ3Xq_M6oIiHCQBSrEWV00tm5R-XJJQ-YYasHY9FAvK96hPmMALcD6Dv_UqIpQTr9Jl9Vgz7bH2-pIosBFS3GkI5JkbS72uGUn6x_QHEcfR3KN4CjTIHQUDGDwKnp1VB7d2baik4uOnvmsQbHDq3nx8qj9Da6vefs57AZP3wkb2SUImK10-f5XT9vxt1YAAzAYC0BzSge9cG_egltI2g1R1eGlxh04L6hGHpLYQxyhhXcqnI5yhwdFJcpVGHtGAN1R18jffOQjt7llojP8mpmeGHllVIKjczKiWEQi3Fe2KTNjiGsiC3zqo3udwI3R2-hO9qL7k3qPMML2mMPP-ZNcbRkAeCaaDX9LOc9OMJwLXUoUzazq_zKmb0cN99c0OgpVN93r9wvh8CzQLavOv10CqOK3IVrwaeDCeBGEmcexHcZV9eOIK-jI7nBe_WF1ektRwMIdbRR0p2o0DU0JwptxaATJ0UCQo=w2572-h1929-no

Last edited:

taijinian

When I say "insufficiently pure" I mean it exactly as stated, and not anything else that somebody might be interpreting.

There is a ton of sticky tar build up in the condenser of the M, and much of that tar goes straight into throat/lungs when inhaling without a filter. You all see that thick sticky tar in your Ms. I felt it in my throat - started needing to clear out throat from discharge. Adding a filter helped greatly. The filter was getting clogged with thick sticky tar - illustrating how much of impurities were prevented from getting into my lungs. My throat felt cleaner immediately when using filters, my voice returned back to normal from wet raspy gurgle it was becoming when using straight M. There is a reason why BB9 exists - it is a move in the right direction of improving the quality of vapor over thin metal passage of the M.

As for the use of Aluminum, I am not thrilled about using Al foil, but it has less of outgassing than o-rings, especially after Al is subjected to high temperature tempering. As I indicated, I may try different material for the gasket. That said, the gasket material was not the primary point of the post, as opposed to a need and ways of cleaning up vapor when using a DV tip.

Last edited:

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
When I say "insufficiently pure" I mean it exactly as stated, and not anything else that somebody might be interpreting.

There is a ton of sticky tar build up in the condenser of the M, and much of that tar goes straight into throat/lungs when inhaling without a filter. You all see that thick sticky tar in your Ms. I felt it in my throat - started needing to clear out throat from discharge. Adding a filter helped greatly. The filter was getting clogged with thick sticky tar - illustrating how much of impurities were prevented from getting into my lungs. My throat felt cleaner immediately when using filters, my voice returned back to normal from wet raspy gurgle it was becoming when using straight M. There is a reason why BB9 exists - it is a move in the right direction of improving the quality of vapor over thin metal passage of the M.

As for the use of Aluminum, I am not thrilled about using Al foil, but it has less of outgassing than o-rings, especially after Al is subjected to high temperature tempering. As I indicated, I may try different material for the gasket. That said, the gasket material was not the primary point of the post, as opposed to a need and ways of cleaning up vapor when using a DV tip.

Why wouldn't you just find some heat resistant o-rings in the proper sizes?

stark1

Lonesome Planet

Way wise of you to use another material than Al.
I used to know someone named Al. Last name was
Zheimer.

Aluminum is hydrophilic, meaning that as your lungs absorb the hot Aluminum vapor from the over
heated
Foil, it migrates to your brain where your dehydrated ganglions fuse together, and walla!
What did you just say.

It’s not fun. :bang:

almost there

have you ever thought about just cleaning the tip and condenser? You're creating all sorts of complicated solutions to the simplest problem:lol:

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

You only get "Tar" buildup if you Combust. :cool: :nod:

If you're getting "Reclaim" buildup (THC Resin) simply ISO clean your condenser. :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

taijinian

Cleaning the condenser only makes the problem worse - more of the tar/resin goes into lungs. At least, some of it gets stuck in the condenser when the device accumulates some build up.

To the "you're creating all sorts of complicated solutions to the simplest problem", I'd suggest that the problem can be called simplest only if it has been solved. Inhaling ton of sticky tar/resin is not suitable for me. Denying that there is a problem is not a solution.

I wonder if copper would be better than Al because of its much higher temperature tolerance. I could also try titanium or SS foils.

I am not thrilled about vaping through high temp o-rings of M either - there is a reason why people moved away from Teflon cookware. Those organic compounds out-gas plentifully.

taijinian,
Reactions: GtrBob

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@taijinian The vapcap has the ability to irritate my throat and lungs so I understand. However I’m concerned the steps you’re taking might be more hazardous long-term.

Instead of using a pipe cleaner use hemp fiber sandwiched between a couple of screens? One of our revered members @Squiby turned me on to this method when I struggled early on.

I’ve ended up moving away from vapcap stems to Simrell for native (non-water) use and I find that the Intercooler provides enough filtering.

As others have mentioned a clean vapcap can also really improve the experience as well.

I have 3 vapcaps in rotation: two Simrell and a BB9 (I agree a huge step up in the DV lineup). I clean all three weekly. Just did it today and it took about 10 minutes. And 5 of that was leaving parts soaking in ISO.

Cheers

Milo

Speaking of purity, I've used my M a handful of times now and it seems to be working fine in terms of producing vapor but I've found the "hot metal" smell/taste a little distracting. I guess it's not surprising – it is hot metal after all – but is this something that burns off or diminishes with use? I'm not sure if it's the cap or tip or body, but I wonder if a BB9 would help. Anyone notice this or am I just sensitive to this odor?

Top Bottom