Socks And Sandals

Does your cap fail to click often? I've never had that happen myself. Could it be that you have a faulty cap, or maybe it needs another clean? Perhaps you could do a few dry runs(empty tip) with your cap to see if it's your technique or the hardware? :sherlock:

I have not used the Vertigo Cyclone Triple, perhaps some one else can chime in on that one. :haw:

No this is only the 2nd time the cap has failed. There are times where it takes almost 20 to 25 seconds to heat up. I did clean it in dishwashing soap before the second cap failure. I got tired of waiting so I'm using my Z plus dual flame on high only now. Not only so I can get the pointed blue tip but to actually speed up the process. Not only that, I actually get tired of heating the thing and the lighter actually gets burning hot under my thumb. Here's to hoping my new lighters will be a game changer!

Not really. It’s usually user error.
Any chance you didn’t wait for cool down click and started heating again, waiting for a click that already happened, therefore combusting? I only ask because I may have done that once or twenty times myself.

Hi Jill,

No I was listening for it, but it just never happened. This is the 2nd time the cap has failed. Next time I heat the cap, I'm setting the stopwatch on my phone because there have been many times where it's taken (I think 20-25 seconds to heat up) only to get a whispy hit.

Hey I think we have the same Ikea chair bud! And that's where I keep my dynastash when I'm not sitting at my desk too! lol small world!

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Uniquely Organic! That is the immediate reaction to this beautiful @artisansdaughter Purple Heart Wood stem. This stem transports you to a different realm and puts you under its spell. While the shape is unusual and organic, it's still familiar, spins easily and fits naturally in your hand. The length is impressive, at almost twice that of a standard stem, and provides great cooling. The ergonomic flat mouthpiece is a really nice touch. Top notch construction and a removable condenser complete the package. This stem is a pleasure to vape, providing large cool clouds and great flavor. I really love this stem and it was great dealing with the artists daughter.
z5apmcntz11oiadn.jpg
bdjym0frhggtzrzh.jpg
oxtzcek4rke092tk.jpg
yqvpl270ghjmzpub.jpg

be4os6oogibzzgmg.jpg
So mesmerizing you didn't even put your usual beats. Lol really like it tho. Classy almost looks like stone

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Moses, SDS is, I believe coming into his own as a new dad as his last post mentioned his wife was with child, at
The beginning of the year. :tup::clap:

He also mentioned working upon the evolution of a tapered mouthpiece, with a longer
Form factor. :cool: Then.

He is one of the good guys of our world. :wave: Yep

Last edited:

swieder711

Thanks for the parts list.

It looks like you did the following
  1. Insert glass wand into the whip base
  2. Add the bulb and it's base into the top of the stem
  3. Slide the whole assembly into a bottle
  4. Add the dimmer and power supply
  5. Enjoy
Did I miss anything?

Edit: I forgot to mention the stainless steel piece. Did that go inside the top of the glass stem for heat protection? What is a Cano EZ valve?

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the parts list.

It looks like you did the following
  1. Insert glass wand into the whip base
  2. Add the bulb and it's base into the top of the stem
  3. Slide the whole assembly into a bottle
  4. Add the dimmer and power supply
  5. Enjoy
Did I miss anything?

Edit: I forgot to mention the stainless steel piece. Did that go inside the top of the glass stem for heat protection? What is a Cano EZ valve?
You will need to drill a hole in the vase with a Dremel with sand bit. So that you can insert the wires through base of vase and through the glass wand. Don't forget your favorite DynaVap. :tup:https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dremel-7...MIjZnEksbx5QIVBKSzCh3SigjiEAQYASABEgK4PfD_BwE The stainless steel and a screen cap adds more heat and the right draw resistance. As for the EZ valve, https://www.amazon.com/YB-Valve-Filling-Chamber-Volcano/dp/B07Y1R26GT/ref=asc_df_B07Y1R26GT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385265218079&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3719099083627581978&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012372&hvtargid=pla-834594557704&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=78082494669&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385265218079&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3719099083627581978&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012372&hvtargid=pla-834594557704

Last edited:

Papi

SevGen
Has anyone ordered the low temp cap? I just ordered last night and seeing if there's been any experience yet?

Seems like one mod that will make a big difference....
I pre ordered the color m so it came with the extra low temp cap. Don't know if I'd actually buy one but for free I'll take it. Extends life of the bowl and good for frugal temp steppers if that's what you're looking for.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
@Moses Baca yes he makes one of the best customized ti stems.

Moses, SDS is, I believe coming into his own as a new dad as his last post mentioned his wife was with child, at
The beginning of the year. :tup::clap:

He also mentioned working upon the evolution of a tapered mouthpiece, with a longer
Form factor. :cool: Then.

He is one of the good guys of our world. :wave: Yep

Yep, I found his thread almost immediately when I joined FC about a year ago. He did some amazing work. I wish him well with his home life and I hope he gets back into the stem game some day.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Quick question @Socks And Sandals - does the cap 'rattle'? My thinking is that there may be a piece of herb stuck in the cap and that is acting as a silencer. Just a thought on that missing 1st click.

I'm also going to recommend the BVC... The Been Vaped Cup. A small container that holds maybe 3 loads worth. It is essentially an inspection cup and a stirrer option to avoid Spiller ...I mean Digger. Once you confirm the load is still viable, you suck it back into the VC. This does two things; it removed 'ready to combust' matter away from the hot 'walls' and you know your load isn't spent so you can reheat with confidence.

sidebar; is that what the new hole in the DynaVap stash is for?

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
A sad sad day. Think I may have lost my entire vape collection today. Desktops portables and glass..Well possibly. I may find out in the next day or so. Woke up 730 am to my smoke alarm beeping. Thought maybe the batter was shot as this had happened before. So happy I put it back up it was down a few days. Went down to my basement where i do all my vaping and my collection of vapes and movies and memorabilia is. Filled with smoke a fire somehow started in a closet of random unused things. Guess it coulda been anything laptop, old cell phones ,older portables, who knows. Not sure what survived what didnt as I could only do a fast walkthrough to grab a few things. Thankfully we are safe. Noone was hurt and got all my pets out. Anyway curious about a few things so guess we'll get some science out of it. Curious to see if tips and caps made it. Maybe the true high temp test. Do we still click? Curious to see if any wood stems made it. Just gotta hope for the best i guess. Know for a fact I lost over 400 DVDs and some of my bluerays. And also gotta gotta gotta do the tru TRWW test. Its surrvived drops throws and maybe ?fire? We shall see. Building dept deemed it unsafe for us inside till we have people comw and inspect an service I'll get some pics up of what made it and what didnt.
YdhczxG

https://ibb.co/RCb5qJ8
https://ibb.co/dkXNP1P
https://ibb.co/YdhczxG
Makes me think bout the few times i forget to turn emails or flowerpot off. Or lipos not stored properly. Stay safe everyone. Make sure your fire extinguishers are charged. Get lipo bags. Makes you realize how safe the simplicity of the vapcap really is. Def wont burn down my house. Maybe the torch my never my Dynavap!
Things happen. We're safe. I have a cap loaded and its time to chill
Cheers
The universe is our endless supply

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
A sad sad day. Think I may have lost my entire vape collection today. Desktops portables and glass..Well possibly. I may find out in the next day or so. Woke up 730 am to my smoke alarm beeping. Thought maybe the batter was shot as this had happened before. So happy I put it back up it was down a few days. Went down to my basement where i do all my vaping and my collection of vapes and movies and memorabilia is. Filled with smoke a fire somehow started in a closet of random unused things. Guess it coulda been anything laptop, old cell phones ,older portables, who knows. Not sure what survived what didnt as I could only do a fast walkthrough to grab a few things. Thankfully we are safe. Noone was hurt and got all my pets out. Anyway curious about a few things so guess we'll get some science out of it. Curious to see if tips and caps made it. Maybe the true high temp test. Do we still click? Curious to see if any wood stems made it. Just gotta hope for the best i guess. Know for a fact I lost over 400 DVDs and some of my bluerays. And also gotta gotta gotta do the tru TRWW test. Its surrvived drops throws and maybe ?fire? We shall see. Building dept deemed it unsafe for us inside till we have people comw and inspect an service I'll get some pics up of what made it and what didnt.
YdhczxG

Makes me think bout the few times i forget to turn emails or flowerpot off. Or lipos not stored properly. Stay safe everyone. Make sure your fire extinguishers are charged. Get lipo bags. Makes you realize how safe the simplicity of the vapcap really is. Def wont burn down my house. Maybe the torch my never my Dynavap!
Cheers

That sucks! Glad to hear you're ok. I hope your losses aren't too many.

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

Socks And Sandals

@Socks And Sandals - and you are using a torch lighter, not a soft flame lighter (i.e. basic bic lighter)?
If so, 20-25 seconds sounds way too long. If that’s the case, reach out to DV - that just doesn’t sound like a properly working cap.

Yes it's the Z dual flame Vertigo torch that came with my Omni Kit. It has failed twice already, I'll give them an email for sure if it happens again.

Quick question @Socks And Sandals - does the cap 'rattle'? My thinking is that there may be a piece of herb stuck in the cap and that is acting as a silencer. Just a thought on that missing 1st click.

I'm also going to recommend the BVC... The Been Vaped Cup. A small container that holds maybe 3 loads worth. It is essentially an inspection cup and a stirrer option to avoid Spiller ...I mean Digger. Once you confirm the load is still viable, you suck it back into the VC. This does two things; it removed 'ready to combust' matter away from the hot 'walls' and you know your load isn't spent so you can reheat with confidence.

sidebar; is that what the new hole in the DynaVap stash is for?

The cap does rattle just a little bit. I thought this was normal due to the disks? I did find some strands of bud inside the top cap before but they always just fall right out with a q tip swab. I've only noticed a little bud inside the cap when I combusted the first time.. so it just happened once. I do inspect the cap with every new hit now since I almost stir after ever hit anyhow.

I did a quick search on the cup you're speaking of and I got back a portable vaporizer shaped like a fountain drink! haha! Please do post a link of it if you can. I can usually tell how viable the load is after a quick turn with my honeybun skillet tool and uncovering the bottom but there have bee a few times where I was surprised to still see a little light brown under there and found myself sucking it back in the tip as If I was doing a line of coke! :ko:

Sounds interesting, please do post a link.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
YdhczxG

Cheers

Sorry to hear what happened, but glad to hear that you and yours are safe! Vapes can be replaced!

swieder711

It would be nice to have an alternative for the stainless steel insert instead of cutting up the volcano ez valve. We would be paying for a bunch of things we don't need like the funnel, brush, etc.

Did you use the screen from the ez valve kit? Did you cut the screen to fit into the hole of the stem?

Top Bottom