fachada

I have two caps and they click at different temperatures, for sure. Both clicks. One eventually adapts heating to a specific cap...

Having said that... some caps can be defective and I'm sure Dynavap will send you a new one if you explain your issue: what's the point of a rose VC with a silver cap?

MinnBobber

Updated opinion on my VapCap:
Hi,
I rarely use my VapCaps as 99% a home,desktop guy.

I always wanted to love my VCs but the torch twirling and poor hearing made for a very inconsistent experience.
Just returned from a vacation where I brought VapCap, Portside Mini, and Mighty.

My opinion has risen a few notches as it was very tastey, discreet, good vapor quality, and almost all positives.

I still had great difficulty with hearing or feeling the click. I even would hold the Portside against my cheekbone with the VapCap directly over my ear and it was iffy. It seemed to click much louder on the cooldown click??
Even standing in an all tile shower echo chamber, the click was difficult.

VapCap flavor seemed far superior to Mighty and much smoother too.

I may leave VapCap out on my home vape station to get more experience with it. At home, water bubbler is used almost 100% so should rig up something!!!

Took a couple VC + scenery pics but not good with pics, since PhotoBucket extortion /kidnapping of all free pics.
With iPhone XR, any easy way to post pics here???? EASY

lookhigh

FC member
Updated opinion on my VapCap:
Hi,
I rarely use my VapCaps as 99% a home,desktop guy.

I always wanted to love my VCs but the torch twirling and poor hearing made for a very inconsistent experience.
Just returned from a vacation where I brought VapCap, Portside Mini, and Mighty.

My opinion has risen a few notches as it was very tastey, discreet, good vapor quality, and almost all positives.

I still had great difficulty with hearing or feeling the click. I even would hold the Portside against my cheekbone with the VapCap directly over my ear and it was iffy. It seemed to click much louder on the cooldown click??
Even standing in an all tile shower echo chamber, the click was difficult.

VapCap flavor seemed far superior to Mighty and much smoother too.

I may leave VapCap out on my home vape station to get more experience with it. At home, water bubbler is used almost 100% so should rig up something!!!

Took a couple VC + scenery pics but not good with pics, since PhotoBucket extortion /kidnapping of all free pics.
With iPhone XR, any easy way to post pics here???? EASY

When using an induction heater you can easily do without the click.
Try the dip and sip method... even better flavor.

MinnBobber

https://postimages.org/

Works well for me, use the direct link copy option.

Look forward to seeing those pics.:tup:

Thanks, attempted to register but got their password, copy/paste, and then a message that was not my current pword.
Had new password sent a couple times and same result.... not current password in my attempt to change it.
Now under forgotten PW, it says it sent new one to my email addy but it does not.

I will try again later

Maybe I unknowingly did???? I hate when it combusts as 30 mins to clean and still stinks so now proceed very conservatively :
1. first dip of 3 seconds and sip---- don't expect full vapor but maybe a little lemon whisp
2. another 3 second dip and more vapor production
3. then maybe a series of 2 second dips, figuring not likely to combust even if it started in clicked zone
4. place tip by ear in between smell reheat cycles and sometimes get a loud downtemp click.....much louder than
any uptemp click I hear, or don't hear :(

I should experiment more with it, even as desktop vape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

I don't quite understand this approach – the click is supposed to make things easier by indicating the right temperature, how is using a Dynavap without it of any advantage?

I think this came up with the Lucid Customs IHs, they seem to make the click pretty much irrelevant for temp indication as you will have to go past the click for 5 or 8 seconds anyway to get a decent hit while borderlining combustion (judging from for example Troys / 420Vapezones video about the performance of the Apollo). *To me* that is not what IHs originally were about. They became popular because of its superfast heatup time and ease of use compared to the sometimes uncomfy usage of a torch.

With the Portside Mini, I highly recommend not going past the click at all, it heats up very aggressively and will combust the load when going past the click for 1+ seconds. It is designed to be a hard and reliable hitter without the need to guess how long to wait after the click.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Try it and see. There is no click as you are hovering just between both up and down clicks.

I personally like using the Dynavap because it's easy. I don't like having to fiddle around to get in a nice mood. :-)

I mostly use the Mag Heater, which will give me tasty and terpy hits when respecting the click. If I'm in the mood for a more toasty hit, I'll go 1 or 1½ seconds past the click. It takes five seconds from cold to click, three seconds when the cap is still warm, so hitting it back to back is easy. Gives me a nice flow *and* lets me respect the click (= not having to guess). Bypassing the lack of functionality of a device is just... bypassing them, not a plus (again: to me). Also I don't think the sip'n'dip method is working with a PSM. Which IH do you use?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I tried pulsing too, it just didn't seem to make things easier - but it does generate huge clouds. I will have to try a bit more, I'm sure with some practice it's a nice addition to the countless ways of heating a DV.

warren0728

With the Portside Mini, I highly recommend not going past the click at all, it heats up very aggressively and will combust the load when going past the click for 1+ seconds. It is designed to be a hard and reliable hitter without the need to guess how long to wait after the click.
i agree ... i just got a psm and it is definitely more aggressive than my caldron ... i'm getting used to it ...

Mr. Me2

Did Dynavap change their black friday email date to the 25th?
It was the 21st I swear!
I'm not going crazy...right?
If your email says the 25th, then Dynavap must have different dates going out to different customers.

My email says the sale starts on the 27th... (but if so I understand because I’m not a big or recent customer)

GB3663

Apologies I was unclear.
I meant the date the information email (about the specials) goes out.
I just wanted to know what we're in for...
I swear they advertised to send out the email on the 21st, I know this because I spent the entire day waiting for it:huh:.
I desperately need to upgrade my M and its Vortex or Omni XL, the BF discount was gonna play a BIG part in the decision. I'm in South Africa and things take time to get here, the sooner I order the better.
But fluff it!! I want a Simrell! Decision made.
Guess Austyn gets my year end bonus this year, sorry Dynavap.

Cheers:leaf:

Top Bottom