juanavape

Not just you. i was blinded by the light as well.

Very interesting choice of font, boldness, and highlight color.

Sorry folks. I guess I highlighted Ramahs' name (to answer him) and the font came with it. I was high and it was late and I just didn't feel like dicking around with it any more. Didn't mean to cause retina damage to anybody or wake anyone up too rudely.

I have a parcel to pick up at the PO today !

Xclerk inside is my version of the dynacoil. I made them out of stainless steel mesh. I bought the mesh out of china for about 2.50 for a 5 ft roll. The width of the roll is perfect for the dynavap. I cut 4 inch strips and basically roll a crutch with 17 folds interlock the first and last ones. Hope that makes sense. I made 30 of them @ a cost of less than 20 cents a piece. I use 3 plastic boxes that taps come in they hold 10 coils each. One gram of distilate loads the 30 coils. I warm the coils with a lighter and the distilate disappears into the mesh. No mess and I'm ready to go for quite a while. I've used these coils at least 25 times and they don't even need cleaning yet. When the dynacoil came out I bought one to compare to mine. Both work well but i'm biased toward mine they definately are capable of holding more concentrate.
Also its faster to slap in coil than it is to load with herb. I highly recommend this if your into concentrates.

2z69ro4.jpg

This is a great idea. I am going to try making one of these and putting it inside a dosing cap for my Fury2.

Love to see some progressive pics of you making one. What mesh screen did you use?

jhanson

hi all
I just got a dynacap m 19 and I can't get any draw on it at all with the cap on. I'm new to dynavaps. i've read in this forum about a potential fault with the grooves. i'm going to send it back anyway but just wondered what people think?
dv.png

jhanson,
Reactions: ataxian

tokercoder

Very nice. I very much want one of those little scoops he's been making that I see you are getting!

Hey, for awesome little scoops also check out delta3dstudios.com. I saw one of their scoops on a 420vapezone video a good while back and ordered them for myself and friends.

Now they are popular enough that several lengths/variations are available so you can keep one in your grinder chamber, etc. Metal or plastic (heat-tolerant plastic, I think). They have several other goodies, created in response to specific needs for various vapes.

It also used to be that if you had an idea for something the owner was happy to work with you. I'm sure he's much busier now so I'm not sure if he has as much free time. My friend wanted a scoop with a skull in the stem so we asked, and he said, "sure." The guy sent us back ideas before we even responded to his initial reply. The skull scoop didn't happen though, due to us not following through. Great guy and shop though!

hi all
I just got a dynacap m 19 and I can't get any draw on it at all with the cap on. I'm new to dynavaps. i've read in this forum about a potential fault with the grooves. i'm going to send it back anyway but just wondered what people think?

Don't send it back. Send them that pic and they'll just send a new one. Use the contact form on their site, then they will email you asking for a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the number of posts about stainless steel tips, it seems most, if not all, stainless tips need to have the little scallops at the end of the grooves filed in order to work without totally (or mostly) restricting draw. I don't use stainless tips much any more (all Ti) but I have a few and the only one you can hit with a cap on is the one I fixed.

File the scallops with a small round file and you'll be fine. It would be nice if Dynavap actually made them work before shipping them but they don't. So, you do it and I think you'll be fine.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
From the number of posts about stainless steel tips, it seems most, if not all, stainless tips need to have the little scallops at the end of the grooves filed in order to work without totally (or mostly) restricting draw. I don't use stainless tips much any more (all Ti) but I have a few and the only one you can hit with a cap on is the one I fixed.

File the scallops with a small round file and you'll be fine. It would be nice if Dynavap actually made them work before shipping them but they don't. So, you do it and I think you'll be fine.

The 2019 SS tips do have the indents at the top of the tip, but separately from that there has been a bad batch that has the grooves on the body of the tip machined too shallowly, which is causing restricted airflow.

Last edited:

jhanson

Don't send it back. Send them that pic and they'll just send a new one. Use the contact form on their site, then they will email you asking for a pic.
thanks - I got it from vapefiend and they're asking me to return it. I have filled out a contact form a few hours ago on the dynavap site but no reply so far

How restrictive should the draw be with the little hole covered?

jhanson,

Jasonic4

Hi guys today i bought my first vapcap the new one and with the carb closed i get now airflow and the vapor is light. .. Am i doing something wrong?? Any help will be appreciated..

Squiby

How restrictive should the draw be with the little hole covered?

I don't know your experience with vapes and various degrees of air restriction, so my answer can be quite subjective.

Compared to the earlier tip models the new 2019 M SS tip has improved air flow. But it is quite restricted with the air port covered because you are pulling air through the exterior tip channels under the cap. This can be adjusted a bit by squeezing your cap out of round by placing a finger on either side of the cap; one just above the digger outter and one on the opposite side. Squeeze firmly but gently, test fit and repeat if necessary. The cap should fit snuggly and be slightly out of round.

You can also adjust the air flow by the degree with which you cover the air port. Some people will feather the air port with their finger to intermittently add cooling fresh air with less restriction.

If you want to hold your finger over the air port, I suggest that you adopt a mouthpulling technique rather than inhaling vapor straight into your lungs. To mouthpull, draw vapor into your mouth, pulling with your checks. It is similar to the action of drawing liquid into your mouth through a straw. Once you've finished your draw and the vapor is in your mouth you can either uncover the air port and inhale or you can remove the VapCap from your mouth and inhale fresh clean air into your lungs along with the vapor.

Good luck with your new Vapcap. Hopefully your experience will improve with the new tip replacement. There are many ways to make your VapCap sing.

Jeeshy

Can't wait for my titanium tip and dynacoil! I think I will dedicate the titanium tip to herb and rock the stainless for concentrates in the dynacoil.
hi all
dv.png
Hmmmm, mine looks about that deep but it seems to work well, I've been loving it anyway. I think I'll just stick with it :) I hope placebo effect doesn't fuck with me now that it's a possibility that it's shallow.

TaterLog

Real Human [baked] Bean
So I snagged a 2019 M because of the 4/20 sales. I've done a couple of side-by-side comparisons to the 2018 model and, I've got to say, the 2018 > 2019.

The closed carb airflow (or lack thereof) of the 2019 makes the process of inhalation more laborious . I'm not getting the same vapor production at all when compared to the 2018 . Wasn't that the whole selling point of the refined tip?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Just wanted to update and say that I reached out to DV a few days ago. They made it right and mailed out a new tip and cap (today). This has unquestionably placed the company at the top of my list for superb customer service in the community.

I hope you all realize how good we have it because they could have easily blamed this whole ordeal on user error - or the like - and waited for the drama to blow over. They're good people.

I received my Omnivap XL today. First impression was I couldn't believe how light it felt in my hand! Almost too light. I guess I'm used to "premium" products typically having a bit of heft to them, so that caught me off guard. I'm starting to get used to it though.

I gave it a soak/rinse in soapy water, put some wax on the o-rings, played around with the condenser/screen placement for a bit, and then decided to give it a go. Took one draw and it hit me like a freight train. Maybe it was a fluke thing, but my M hasn't been hitting me like that lately. Same bud and everything too. Weird!

I can tell I'm going to enjoy not having to work the carb during draws. That felt really nice. The XL length feels good in the hand as well. Overall, I'm happy so far, but more testing is needed...

voyciz

I hope you all realize how good we have it because they could have easily blamed this whole ordeal on user error - or the like - and waited for the drama to blow over. They're good people.
Yes I agree, good people indeed! Dynavap rocks, and I hope they don't let this little defect get them feeling down.

I received my Omnivap XL today.

Nice. Enjoy brother! The Omni is the best vape I ever tried by far. That adjustable airflow system is incredibly useful. It's hard to understand from watching others, something you have to experience for yourself. Wise decision man you won't regret it.

I just hit some fruity pebbles tasting stuff in my M, and now I forgot what else to say...

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Xclerk inside is my version of the dynacoil. I made them out of stainless steel mesh. I bought the mesh out of china for about 2.50 for a 5 ft roll. The width of the roll is perfect for the dynavap. I cut 4 inch strips and basically roll a crutch with 17 folds interlock the first and last ones. Hope that makes sense. I made 30 of them @ a cost of less than 20 cents a piece. I use 3 plastic boxes that taps come in they hold 10 coils each. One gram of distilate loads the 30 coils. I warm the coils with a lighter and the distilate disappears into the mesh. No mess and I'm ready to go for quite a while. I've used these coils at least 25 times and they don't even need cleaning yet. When the dynacoil came out I bought one to compare to mine. Both work well but i'm biased toward mine they definately are capable of holding more concentrate.
Also its faster to slap in coil than it is to load with herb. I highly recommend this if your into concentrates.

2z69ro4.jpg
Just out of curiosity what grain is the mesh? Or do you have a link?

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Oh and some craziness got my 3rd bigger order from dynavap a day early. These guys have out done themselves. I had ordered a few items for the 419 sale. An omni xl condenser a green to body and xl ti body. Long vong and a tip. They threw in a bunch of goodies.. 2 keystraps ! An extra omni condenser like 85 dollars. Before I even get it I said these guys know how to do business and get this....awesome!!! I did realize I had a shallow 2019m tip. Hopefully it gets replaced if not maybe I'll play around with it. Well sell. Another happy day.

nodor

Just out of curiosity what grain is the mesh? Or do you have a link?
I used 200 mesh but they have 150,200,300,400 mesh at fasttech do a search for ss mesh. I think next time I order from them I'll splurge lol and grab a 150 mesh and maybe a 300 just to see if it makes any difference. I'm guessing that if the wires are finer in a higher mesh that they will heat up faster. They may be the same diameter but just fewer of them ..... ah shoot now I will have to check this out !! good thing I am not in a rush cuz getting stuff from china is not usually a quick deal.

nodor,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hey, for awesome little scoops also check out delta3dstudios.com. I saw one of their scoops on a 420vapezone video a good while back and ordered them for myself and friends.

I'm fully aware of them...but they are not hand-made from exotic wood :shrug:

My 2017 M, with the solid-round tip-edge of the tip works just fine for me, even with the cap on all the way and the card fully closed. It's a little more restriction, sure...but it draws and hits plenty hard. Big ol' clouds.

Like @ataxian always says...Da M is all U need?

It's not all you're gonna want, but technically all you need. Everything else is just luxury perks...worth the money if you got it like that, but not at all necessary to achieve the same high.

Jasonic4

Update guys.. After reading some pages i manage to master my dynavap.. I have the faulty grip with restricted airflow so what i ve done i started file with a round file the grooves and the scallops and place the cap a few milimeters up from the tip so i can get some airflow.. And finally manage to use the carb.. This thing rips i have a mflb an arizer 2 and and airvape xs and i never experienced the couchlock effect with this vapes.. With the cap its here..

Papi

SevGen
@Squiby advise to get the cap slightly out of round to improve airflow on M's or any dynavap is correct IMO, That being said I have a 17m 18m 18m shadow and now a 19m that I will probably never use anymore because they just don't work for me like any of my Ti tips... I replaced all ss tips...what a waste. No more , I think I'll give this version a try dynavap.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Oh and some craziness got my 3rd bigger order from dynavap a day early. These guys have out done themselves. I had ordered a few items for the 419 sale. An omni xl condenser a green to body and xl ti body. Long vong and a tip. They threw in a bunch of goodies.. 2 keystraps ! An extra omni condenser like 85 dollars. Before I even get it I said these guys know how to do business and get this....awesome!!! I did realize I had a shallow 2019m tip. Hopefully it gets replaced if not maybe I'll play around with it. Well sell. Another happy day.

If you decide to reach out to DV CS, the shallow tip should be replaced with a deeper channeled one.

It’s a known machining error for some tips. Their CS is unparalleled. :clap:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi guys today i bought my first vapcap the new one and with the carb closed i get now airflow and the vapor is light. .. Am i doing something wrong?? Any help will be appreciated..

As it sounds like you are new to the VC I thought I would mention that I get better vapour with the carb open than closed (using direct inhale method not cigarette style mouth-pulls). With the carb closed I hate trying to direct draw through that restriction, and I get crappy vapour anyway. Lots of people here would disagree, but the VC seems to be very personal in preference and success, so it's worth trying out a few methods.

I see you've hacked your way to better performance, be sure you didn't get one of the bad batch of M19 tips that went out with very shallow grooves as pictured above in the thread.

As someone mentioned, going a bit past the click can help vapour production, but 3 seconds might be too much! Start smaller and work your way there, 3 seconds would probably be the absolute max in my opinion (with a lighter anyway)

I received my Omnivap XL today. First impression was I couldn't believe how light it felt in my hand! Almost too light. I guess I'm used to "premium" products typically having a bit of heft to them, so that caught me off guard. I'm starting to get used to it though.

I gave it a soak/rinse in soapy water, put some wax on the o-rings, played around with the condenser/screen placement for a bit, and then decided to give it a go. Took one draw and it hit me like a freight train. Maybe it was a fluke thing, but my M hasn't been hitting me like that lately. Same bud and everything too. Weird!

I can tell I'm going to enjoy not having to work the carb during draws. That felt really nice. The XL length feels good in the hand as well. Overall, I'm happy so far, but more testing is needed...

I find the Ti tips hit much better than the SS, felt that way for 2-3 years since my first DV. Many agree, some prefer SS :shrug:

ENJOY THE WEEKEND ALL :)

Dio

Sacraponator
A while ago I ordered a Ti spinning mouthpiece fom Vaposhop. Unfortunately it doenst spin freely. It seems like a machining error. The o-ring closest to the mouth is too tight. I have another Ti spinning moutpiece that spins freely so the o-ring isnt the problem. I got refunded by vaposhop because they couldnt help me.
Is there a way to make the space for the 0-ring a bit bigger without special tools?

Top Bottom