Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Looks like my gut feeling about those serpentine grooves was right. See my earlier post where I said I wasn’t convinced it was anything more than a cosmetic change, and that from a cooling engineering standpoint helical path is best. I know this because my father got his PhD in cooling using helical coils. If anything a zigzag path causes less streamlined airflow. Glad I went with a 2018 M + Ti tip. Best of both worlds.

While a helical pattern may be superior to a serpentine pattern, the issue here is that the grooves were machined too shallow, so it wouldn’t have mattered what the pattern was.

I have a 2018 M with a Ti tip and love it. I would prefer a 2019 M with a Ti tip though.

drzen

While a helical pattern may be superior to a serpentine pattern, the issue here is that the grooves were machined too shallow, so it wouldn’t have mattered what the pattern was.

I have a 2018 M with a Ti tip and love it. I would prefer a 2019 M with a Ti tip though.

True, but it just seemed to me like it was a change for the sake of change. Possibly not tested adequately, where the earlier airpath has been refined and proven.

nodor

from a cooling engineering standpoint helical path is best
I have a M19 and bought a titanium tip for it. I was expecting a little more air flow. So I deciced to machine one with gr2 titanium. I went with 6 helical air flow paths same depth as the one I purchased.
(it has 3 ). Alas it works great but still not really much difference in airflow

nodor,

drzen

I have a M19 and bought a titanium tip for it. I was expecting a little more air flow. So I deciced to machine one with gr2 titanium. I went with 6 helical air flow paths same depth as the one I purchased.
(it has 3 ). Alas it works great but still not really much difference in airflow

I said cooling engineering, not airflow. The real difference in airflow is because of the notches in the tip because it creates space on the top under the cap. But really any differences are quite subtle.

tokercoder

If anything a zigzag path causes less streamlined airflow.

Agreed -- I proposed that over on the other forum. My theory was that that the airflow issues people had might be caused by cap fit (shape + rotation position on tip) + narrower channel entrance (2 channel widths at tip before, 1 now, harder to find "sweet spot" of best airflow when twisting cap) + the zigzag slightly reducing airflow from whatever advantage the cutouts added. Some of that may have been correct in principle but deeper channels mitigate the other factors, I guess.

My initial conclusions were based on my personal observations and "common sense" (to me) assumptions. In my first DynaVap order ever I ordered a 2019 M, a Ti mouthpiece, and received a Karma (2018 tip). With dry runs, my 2019 M tip seemed to have slightly better airflow than the 2018 and about the same or slightly less than the Ti. As an inexperienced vapcap user, I assumed my 2019 tip was working properly. Even so, it turns out from the pics that I likely have a shallow channel tip as well. Hopefully if I'm due a corrected tip, the cap twisting/fitment part won't affect airflow nearly as much, so I'm thrilled.

I might have picked up on the low airflow on my own 2019 M tip with better testing, but I'm on a recently begun (financial) T break and only tested with a bowl or two of already dark-brown ABV from my now-sold Ghost. :)

Edit: clarity

Last edited:
tokercoder,
Reactions: drzen

nodor

I said cooling engineering, not airflow
I agree with you but I think it would be clearer to refer to it as heat transfer. Purpose of the channels are to extract heat from the cap and body to draw thru the herb. To increase heat extracted more airflow is required. IMO what my homemade cap prooved to me is that doubling the amount of airflow capability made no difference because the air channels are not the "Choke point" of the vapcap it seems that it is the herb causing the restriction. I don't pack it down much.
I was going to make another one but make the bowl either longer and or wider or both to hold .2 gr but now I figure doing that would
A) longer--- restrict air flow
B) wider --- less heat to center causing a stirring to be required
The more I learn about this little device the more respect I have for the designer. It is a fine balancing act between conduction convection conbustion max extraction draw and probably 10 other things I have yet to realize

Andy Capp

Accessory Maker
Let’s check out your tip ??

nodor

Tried uploading pics b4 but didn't work so am trying tinypic

27x3r7q.jpg

2zt9gkg.jpg

Top tip is the purchased one

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Thanks again Andy ... I DM'd you my address ... I've also placed an order with Dynavap to marry your work of art with a DV 419 cap and a titanium tip to complete this little rocketship :)
I received my awesome 12 Milli Ti earlier today (thanks Andy (AAC)) ... just took my first spaceflight and I'm crazy about it already .... First of all, on top of it looking so good, it feels great in the hand ... heavier than the Omni and that's a great thing as it is nicely balanced as well ... i also loved the feel of the 9mm mouthpiece, it feels like a natural fit ... very comfortable ...

I didn't receive my 419 cap and titanium tip from DynaVap just yet so I'll hold off posting any snaps until early next week but i couldn't resist giving this baby a go at it so I slapped on my 4+ month old Omni Ti Tip and Vapcap and took off. The spin felt great to my fingertips in heating with my single flame torch. The
Overall experience was a solid AAA+. The ACC Dimple Carb worked seamlessly with the DynaVap components and as a plus the Omni condenser can be used interchangeably with the AAC carb. I should also mention the carb hole ... easy to find and feels great.

One more thing ... As Andy Capp mentioned in a post ... he machined the face on the tip end a nice soft radius edge with concaved face (forever to be referred to as "Baby Faced" :). Stunning ...

This is from start to finish a quality piece of machining excellence which I'm proud to have in my collection. Thanks Andy ... I look forward to feeding my growing vape acquisition syndrome with more AAC products in the future

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Got my Dynacoil a couple weeks ago. So far I'm super happy with it. Tried it with distillate, shatter and shatter reclaim from a nectar collector. Works great for all.

Overloaded a bit with the distillate and it gurgled a little, but after hitting a couple heat cycles that cleared up nicely.

Whoever figured out that you can use a grinder's magnet as a holder for your Dynavap is my hero. I can't remember where I saw the pic, but ever since I saw it, I've been using the magnet in my grinder cap as a base and I totally love it!

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
The Dynaverse is opening up a new level of sharing. Honestly I think it great marketing without marketing. Seems like great things are happening. Karmavap is what brought me into the dynaverse and i didnt even get one. I just was so impressed w the concept. Since ive seen so much giving and sharing. Eds tnt make a wish give away. Andys Capp Creations sick machined stems. He just gave one too. Sean Fender makes sick triple chamber duggout boxes and is in the works of adjusting specs to fit vapcaps. Send him bic springs and get one too!! People sending karmavaps randomly. Even Pipes. Found exactly what everyone was looking for and is putting them in our hands. This is how new industry should work. Really care for your customer and they will choose you 10fold. Ive seen simple quality products turn into massive industry leaders. This is how we really change how people shop and sell Its really great. Keep it up guys. This is how I buy. This is how I will sell ...Lets change the world.
The universe is our endless supply.

Tried uploading pics b4 but didn't work so am trying tinypic
What do you have as a coil in the tip?
27x3r7q.jpg

2zt9gkg.jpg

Top tip is the purchased one

Last edited by a moderator:

juanavape

So if I had a M-18, (it's in the mail as I type) and I wanted to put a (spinning ?) mouthpiece on it do I need to use the standard length condenser tube or can I use the xl version to gain the extra bit of length for cooling effect or does it make any difference ? Damn thing hasn't even arrived yet and already I'm considering upgrades, lol.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So if I had a M-18, (it's in the mail as I type) and I wanted to put a (spinning ?) mouthpiece on it do I need to use the standard length condenser tube or can I use the xl version to gain the extra bit of length for cooling effect or does it make any difference ? Damn thing hasn't even arrived yet and already I'm considering upgrades, lol.

You could ONLY use the XL condenser if you want to add a spinning mouthpiece and still use the M body.
The standard condenser is not longer than the M body.

You would have no condenser to attach your mouthpiece to with a standard length condenser. The XL condenser adds the extra length to slide your condenser with O/X-rings onto, just like it's a well-lubed dildo :razz:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Woah... your font is not “high friendly”. Or my “high” is not currently “your font” friendly.

But I am friendly.

And I like your name.

And I’m hungry.

Not just you. i was blinded by the light as well.

Very interesting choice of font, boldness, and highlight color.

Ramahs,
Reactions: -dab8-

nodor

Xclerk inside is my version of the dynacoil. I made them out of stainless steel mesh. I bought the mesh out of china for about 2.50 for a 5 ft roll. The width of the roll is perfect for the dynavap. I cut 4 inch strips and basically roll a crutch with 17 folds interlock the first and last ones. Hope that makes sense. I made 30 of them @ a cost of less than 20 cents a piece. I use 3 plastic boxes that taps come in they hold 10 coils each. One gram of distilate loads the 30 coils. I warm the coils with a lighter and the distilate disappears into the mesh. No mess and I'm ready to go for quite a while. I've used these coils at least 25 times and they don't even need cleaning yet. When the dynacoil came out I bought one to compare to mine. Both work well but i'm biased toward mine they definately are capable of holding more concentrate.
Also its faster to slap in coil than it is to load with herb. I highly recommend this if your into concentrates.

2z69ro4.jpg

Ramahs

Xclerk inside is my version of the dynacoil. I made them out of stainless steel mesh. I bought the mesh out of china for about 2.50 for a 5 ft roll. The width of the roll is perfect for the dynavap. I cut 4 inch strips and basically roll a crutch with 17 folds interlock the first and last ones. Hope that makes sense. I made 30 of them @ a cost of less than 20 cents a piece. I use 3 plastic boxes that taps come in they hold 10 coils each. One gram of distilate loads the 30 coils. I warm the coils with a lighter and the distilate disappears into the mesh. No mess and I'm ready to go for quite a while. I've used these coils at least 25 times and they don't even need cleaning yet. When the dynacoil came out I bought one to compare to mine. Both work well but i'm biased toward mine they definately are capable of holding more concentrate.
Also its faster to slap in coil than it is to load with herb. I highly recommend this if your into concentrates.

2z69ro4.jpg

Yeah, a while back I was doing something similar.
I didn't use the stylish flower-shape you use, but I made a loose spiral out of some stainless stell mesh I had left over that I used to roll into wicks for certain types of rebuildable atomizer tanks back in my nicotine vaporizing days. Definitely help more oil than I suspect the Dynacoil would without over-schlepping.

Simrell Collection Kit!!!!!!
Looking purdy and perty.
420 gift to myself.
FB5-CF00-C-F176-4-CE4-A923-4424-E3-E68754.jpg

I’ll post more photos at arrival, at IG zancru
Stay vaped.

Very nice. I very much want one of those little scoops he's been making that I see you are getting!

Ramahs,
Reactions: -dab8-

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply

2z69ro4.jpg

2z69ro4.jpg
Thanks for the reply will be making these for sure.

Xclerk,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom