GtrBob

Sad, California. Used to ba a Paradise.

Still nice [w/ the reddish smoky sunsets, *cough*]

Fire%2BSunset%2B-%2BDenis%2B%2526%2BKim%2BHang%2BDessoliers%2BPhotography%2BHuntington%2BBeach%2BCalifornia%2B%2523sunset%2B%2523seascape%2B%2523reflection.jpg

Malibu doth take the hit every few years though, always in Santa Ana season [drier climate in the Fall].

2hrs

I don't if any of you have actually managed to make it work, but according to Dynavap -

Yes
NO - The SS tip doesn't work properly with the Omni Condenser
Yes
NO - The M body is not compatible with the Omni Condenser

are you sure?

for your first "no", their regular SS tip that you can buy as a part says
Our medical grade Stainless Steel Tip features 5 fins for effective control of heat distribution and a stainless steel CCD. Although designed to perform with the “M”, this tip is compatible with any DynaVap midsection.
now i know this says midsection, but if what you say is accurate, why is it possible to use the builder where you can build something with an omni condensor and select a SS tip?

for the second "no" I understand an M body can't be used with a standard size omni condenser, but it seems they offer in the builder the option to basically select an M body as a stem when buliding an omniXL configuration, and again in this case you can selecte either SS or Ti tip.

2hrs,

GtrBob

:razz: That CANT be Monterey!
Yes, more rocky beaches here.
Encinitas used to have sand for miles [until the '83 Winter waves].
Maybe it finally built back up in No. San Diego county?

Found it: that shot is from Huntington Beach.

I got rained [fired] out Sunday. Was supposed to play w/ a band along the Big Sur 1/2 marathon route, but the whole deal was called on account of smoke.

[How off-topic can I get! Pardonnez-moi, all.]

Last edited:
GtrBob,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Used to toke up in La Jolla, and watched the skimpy models in their photo ops. Made
My day when one of them winked atcha! ;)

Last edited:

Marlon Rando

Anyone else here prefers lighters to induction?
I had two IHs but sold both as I didn't use them.
Too bulky for on the go use, to easy to combust with if using a VC through water.

I always defer for a torch with VC's,
while I do like the convenience of an IH,
I have a log for that. plugged in 24/7,
I like playing with fire;)
crème Brule anyone?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I'm not a scientist, but it seems that tamping, especially with the vapcap, results in more conduction, but I'll let those of you who dabble in the science of vaporization chime in with facts. My understanding of tamping on my other device is that it aids most in creating draw restriction which helps amp up the heat a bit faster, but it may also be adding conduction to the convection experience on that device too.

I agree with you, when using my omni through water (90% of the times) I have to tamp it down to properly milk my bubbler.

Skunkport

sorry, THIS is not correct.
the M stem works fine with an Omni-condenser (XL though)
just remember to use a Ti-tip with it.

You're right, I misread the description - I read it as not compatible with the M tip or M body but it's actually repeating itself about standard bodies.

20j47rk.jpg

are you sure?

for your first "no", their regular SS tip that you can buy as a part says
Our medical grade Stainless Steel Tip features 5 fins for effective control of heat distribution and a stainless steel CCD. Although designed to perform with the “M”, this tip is compatible with any DynaVap midsection.
now i know this says midsection, but if what you say is accurate, why is it possible to use the builder where you can build something with an omni condensor and select a SS tip?

for the second "no" I understand an M body can't be used with a standard size omni condenser, but it seems they offer in the builder the option to basically select an M body as a stem when buliding an omniXL configuration, and again in this case you can selecte either SS or Ti tip.

I don't have an omni, I'mjust going off Dynavap's website, I did misread the bit about the condenser and the M body but they're specific about the SS tip.

2lu8ccl.jpg

2hrs

I don't have an omni, I'mjust going off Dynavap's website, I did misread the bit about the condenser and the M body but they're specific about the SS tip.

hmm that's interesting I wonder if that was the "old" M tip that didnt ahve the triple double helix or whatever and the different fins. and that they haven't updated the FAQ there.

Their Builder sure seems to allow it.

idy8mq.png

2hrs,

2hrs

The tip fits but doesn't seal with the omni condenser so the omni condenser can be used with it but not fully functional.

the 2018 M SS tip won't fit on an omni condenser? so that SS tip on the builder that they offer working with the omni condenser is a special tip only available in the builder then? I can't imagine dynavap would sell a configuration that is "not fully functional"

2hrs,

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@2hrs
It has been a while since i answered anyone's questions comprehensively, so here goes...

The M body is actually classed as a STEM. A stem is the larger body length used to make the XL length vapcaps.
The original shorter vapcaps have the shorter BODIES not stems.

The M stem just like any other stem can either use a regular length condenser to be a standard length vapcap without using a mouthpiece. Or it can use an XL condenser with a mouthpiece to become an XL vapacp.
Any stem can also use the XL omni condenser - that includes the mouthpiece 'built in'.

Any body can only be used with a standard condenser+mouthpiece or standard length omni condenser. (Unless modified somehow by the user)

Any tip will fit in on any vapcap body or stem. The only issue is that the omni condenser will not be able to adjust/close the airflow properly on an SS tip.
Because the opening of the SS-tip, where the condenser extendeds into to close the airflow, is bigger and therefore airflow is less restricted by the adjustment of the omni condenser.

Some people prefer the Ti and some the SS. And many feel the SS better suited to heating with an IH heater, but Ti for lighters...

I think buying an omni and an M is a great start. And if you prefer the Ti-tip then you can buy another tip and fit that on your M no problem..

Hope that helps

bofc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@2hrs
It has been a while since i answered anyone's questions comprehensively, so here goes...

The M body is actually classed as a STEM. A stem is the larger body length used to make the XL length vapcaps.

The M stem just like any other stem can either use a regular length condenser to be a standard length vapcap without using a mouthpiece. Or it can use an XL condenser with a mouthpiece to become an XL vapacp.
Any stem can also use the XL omni condenser - that includes the mouthpiece 'built in'.

Any body can only be used with a standard condenser+mouthpiece or standard length omni condenser. (Unless modified somehow by the user)

Any tip will fit in on any vapcap body or stem. The only issue is that the omni condenser will not be able to adjust/close the airflow properly on an SS tip.
Because the opening of the SS-tip, where the condenser extendeds into to close the airflow, is bigger and therefore airflow is less restricted by the adjustment of the omni condenser.

Some people prefer the Ti and some the SS. And many feel the SS better suited to heating with an IH heater, but Ti for lighters...

I think buying an omni and an M is a great start. And if you prefer the Ti-tip then you can buy another tip and fit that on your M no problem..

Hope that helps
Empirical is part of knowing reality!
“M” work’s 4me?

2hrs

@2hrs

Hope that helps

king shit!

thanks!

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
@2hrs

Hope that helps

Great post. Recommended it for best of DynaVap. Seems like new users have this question often.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
CreamCityVapes (11/14-11/30)

• DynaVap VapCapM + one can Puretane + Blazer Venture torch - $55
  • DynaVap OmniVap XL + two cans Puretane + Blazer Venture torch - $164.99 with code BFOMNI
  • DynaVap OmniVap + two cans Puretane + Blazer Venture torch - $154.99 with code BFOMNI

Delta 3D Studios (11/14-11/30)
    • Save 15% site wide with code GobbleGobble18

• EdsTNT (11/22-12/26)
      • Save 15% site wide with code givethanks

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I love my IH, but have to also vote torches when feasible. I like being able to better control where the heat hits the cap. Hits generally seem tastier.

Not to sound like a broken record, but for home use my @ed’stnt (not sure why I can’t ever get his user name to pop up) woodscents log has mostly replaced my IH.

Top Bottom