ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Where on earth did this come from? Lol.

Happy Veterans Day. My Grandfather was a scout in WW2. Huge amount of respect for him.
$110.00 per month on da beach in Hawaii.
Much more now.?

No seeds or stem’s.
Colas only!
Those were daz long gone.
Tomorrow SSV back in da mix!
My grandpa on my moms side ww2
My grandpa on my dads side PERLE HARBOR!
Men of honor & bravery!
My mother-in-Law (NORMADY the Real REALLOCATION of occupancy’s!
Many men lost on both sides of the pond!
4 us?

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Well I didn't catch much, and the ones I did catch weren't anything to brag about... but as a veteran myself there's not many other ways I'd prefer to celebrate than this!

Oh yea... That island was even further away than it appears in the photo.... good fun... but now my arms are jello :freak:

20181111-122619.jpg

Let's remember....

We drink beers in November, and shed tears in May. Today we play... memorial day we pray.

Mr.Kite

Sorry to bore you or sound redundant, but what's the latest news about the VC Induction heater ?

Will it arrive anytime soon or is it still a distant thought of plan for the possible future..... ? :\

Vaporware

Sorry to bore you or sound redundant, but what's the latest news about the VC Induction heater ?

Will it arrive anytime soon or is it still a distant thought of plan for the possible future..... ? :\

George showed a prototype on a livestream months ago, and I’m pretty sure other people have been testing them too, so it’s far beyond the idea stage.

I think he wanted to have them out by now, so it’s possible they’re still coming soon, but it’s also possible that they ran into problems or wanted to make changes and had to push the release back a bit.

Who knows though, maybe right now they’re planning a Thanksgiving live stream to announce the release and a Black Friday sale? :)

Mr.Kite

black friday is in less than two weeks.

George mentioned the IH in nearly every Dynafeed back in spring18.
And now?
No one talks about it anymore.

How come Pipes can produce a solid IH and DV can't?

From what I have seen in the Dynafeed it's a large, "simple" 18650 cup formed IH with closable lid.
Is so much rocket science involved ?

Ok, got to calm down, although I don't understand what takes them so long.

coloured titanium parts and damascus... wooooooow.
No inventional drive since the 18M, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mr.Kite,

Skunkport

I'm on the list for a Flux Deluxe IH, that may be part of it.
Not a lot of people going to buy the cup when there are pocketable versions, possible he's gone back to the drawing board to make a competitive one. It's kindof exploded recently.

A few months back there was just Pipes.

Now...

Flux Deluxe, 112.4 x 60.5 x 31mm aluminium casing with 3x18650 batteries https://fluxerheaters.com/

Mag Heater is water resistant plastic, or pinewood or aluminium although good luck actually getting one, he put 10 up on Etsy on the 10th and they sold out in 6 minutes! https://magheater.jimdofree.com/

Not sure on the size but crossfires on reddit also has a metal cased portable, think it's bigger than the other 2 though. https://lucidcustoms.com/

Mr.Kite

that's what I am talking about.

Dynavap is a small company but still a company.

they are loosing potential customers to hobbyists.

DV we don't need fancy colours and rare materials for your stems/bodies.
We want an IH.

concentrate your effort on this one project.

Mr.Kite,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Dynavap’s professed crusade is a “battery free” vaporizer/ world, so there rest the dilemma.
To be
Or not to be. We shall see.

DV makes VCs, not battery loaded IHs?

In the meantime, some well meaning designers have made, and are marketing table top
IH for VapCaps.

A truely Pocketable VCIH is on my wishlist. One in which form follows function, meaning “ergonomics”, Baby.

I know @Pipes “can do”, squeeze one into a miracle micro (limitations being the size of the present
available modules from China) VCIH. :tup:

Stealth not needed in cerebral, liberal states (like Mass).

Have to admit, VC + IH = Vape Haven :nod:

I did get one of these fun table top IH

dbs3uc.jpg

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
concentrate your effort on this one project.

LOL.

See the problem is people, like in this post, all think their own wants or needs are the most important thing in the world and are all quick to voice their own opinions.

A company has to take into account not everyone shares the same ideas. And some ideas are less profitable. In every business, profit and politics play major roles.

Let me give an example.... understand this entire post below is an example... And let's pretend the only people in the world are me and you....

How much have you spent with Dynavap? How many VCs do you own?

Let's say you have an M... that's it... let's say I have more than 6, with 3 or 4 extras Ti tips, a box full of extra caps and a dozen extra screens and o rings..

Now... I could give 2 shits about an IH. There are multiple on the market already. I have owned and used them. They work but completely ruin the idea of the VC to me. I might as well kept all of my Log vapes... same concept, same problems. Less portable, back to relying on a plug or a battery... then theirs cost to consider.... like think about it... I wouldn't spend $100 bucks on an 18650 battery to power a $50 vape... not logical at all... same idea..

I also don't care for wood stems and think the new Ti is too shiny, flashy, hipster like...

So dynavap should stop everything else and focus solely on new less gaudy Ti stems...

Think about it... if I spent more than you, in an essence I hold more company stock so my opinion should matter more right?

Next.... how many IH will each person buy? The more they sell the cheaper they could be, problem is.... not many will need more than one... and half the people using a VC won't buy an IH at all.

But a new VC body style will sell like hot cakes. Cost less to produce, has a much larger profit margin, and will please a larger share holder.... And/ or a larger amount of share holders.

So if they make the IH, and charge 200 each, but they cost 100 to build... they build 2, only you buy one. They break even and waste countless production hours...

and since they're electrical components, they have a larger potential for failure than any titanium parts.. so if one fails, now the company takes a loss...

Now let's say... if they make new titanium stems.... only 2 again... they will have less than 5 bucks in materials, but can charge $50 each... they make 2... only I buy one... they still make a sizable profit per sale....

Which does the company pursue???

Now imagine there are thousands of people, all pushing their own wants and needs, profit and politics come into play and most companies will take the larger profit, less headache margin everytime.

Mr.Kite

The only sales that would possibly go down is the amount of lighters sold.

An IH is no substitute for a lighter but an addition.

Collectors can still collect what ever DV has to offer. Stems, Caps, Tips, Bodies etc....
You can still use your Vapcap with a lighter in as many configurations as your legobox can build.

The IH is an addition and a request from the customers. Why not give them what they desire and take good money for it ?

By doing so DV could be a company that offers portables and desktop units; by only introducing a IH.
same device for vaping but different heat source.

People will still be buying what they want and feel the need to own and collect.
just add the easy heat source from an IH.

I do like the Vapcaps but sized down my arsenal from 7 VC to one 18M and one OmniVong.
To be true, that's basically all there is to Dynavap. M-steel and Wooden Ti-Omni Vong.

I do not feel the need to own more than that.
I do however would welcome an IH.
Thats the only product I want from DV at the moment.

By not introducing an IH they will not get money from me in the future.
I have all I need and more. An IH would be nice, thats all.

I can only speak for me but something tells me I am not the only one.
Go and ask pipes how many folks are on his waiting list for an IH.

I predict a huuuge success for the DV IH.
Many Vcappers would want to own on. Maybe even the folks that now own a second-party solution...

Collectors will be collectors but what about the market that just wants an alternative heating source. They will not be buying anything from DV if they are content with their Ti-tipped M.
A IH is a game changer. A new Ti-body could be nice but is redundant.

My advice for DV would be to widen the heat source ecosystem with an IH.
Cant be that hard when private hobbyists can serve this market.
Why not introduce a well built a device with warranty and approved DV quality?

maybe cut back on the model-hiring costs for tattooed hipsters for instagram posts.

:2c:

Last edited:

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
that's what I am talking about.

Dynavap is a small company but still a company.

they are loosing potential

maybe cut back on the model-hiring costs for tattooed hipsters for instagram posts.

:2c:

:lmao:

I think they should make the IH... but don't think they should solely focus on just that.

But my above posts was meant as a thought process on why they may not jump on our wants as fast as we'd like.

:lmao:

I think they should make the IH... but don't think they should solely focus on just that.

But my above posts was meant as a thought process on why they may not jump on our wants as fast as we'd like.

LabPong

+1 Mr. Kite !

Using a good quality IH makes the Vapcap a better vaping experience for me. Torching sux!

I think the issue with Dynavap not having a IH heater now....is because they waited too long and many others are so far ahead of them now. But this does not mean George should not make an IH or offer one. I would support this effort, but I am also in the camp that the tall tumbler types are not going to sell much compared to the smaller and more manageable offerings. That smaller Flux heater is peaking my interest.

Kalessin

I don't really like the induction heaters so I guess I don't understand, but we know they ARE working on a heater so I don't understand the complaints. Personally my thought is that if it's taken this long there is surely some reason for it. George originally stated he hoped to have it released by this summer but maybe they had problems getting licensed, maybe they couldn't find a reliable manufacturer. Maybe they decided to buy the equipment to build them inhouse and they are still training on them. Who knows, but I don't think George is going to release until they are 100% ready and I don't blame him. The heater is bound to fail a lot more than any of their other products just by it's nature so they could lose a lot of money if everything isn't done just right.

Last edited:

Skunkport

Actually I just thought - part of it will be that Dynavap IS an actual company compared to the hobbyists. That means they have to do things properly, so the market for an IH is going to be restricted to the US at first.

They'll need certification to sell it in Europe since it's electrical. I don't know about other places.

Mr.Kite

the heater is bound to fail a lot more than any of their other products just by it's nature so they could lose a lot of money if everything isn't done just right.

Good point

They'll need certification to sell it in Europe since it's electrical. I don't know about other places.

Oh, very good point.
This can take looooong.
Better not to hold your breath.

LabPong

Actually I just thought - part of it will be that Dynavap IS an actual company compared to the hobbyists. That means they have to do things properly, so the market for an IH is going to be restricted to the US at first.

I think you have hit the nail on the head...George could just be waiting for UL acceptance or something.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Mr.Kite it is what it is.

A DVIH would be contrary to DynaVaps creedo of
“a battery free” world. Against its birthright.

However, things can change. We can see a “stealth” coffee mug IH from DV, for Black Friday.
& other goodies. :tup:

Why are we tugging DV? There are so many enterprising developers producing classy IH
Exclusive to VapCaps. For the elite.

If you want an IH, you can get one delivered (assuming you are stateside) in 2 days, or less.

I just one an uber-sleek-portable-VCIH for my EDC, want. LOL:love::spliff:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
CE certification is given by the maker ,as long as their device(s) comply with the CE regulations.
For example : I'm starting a company selling LED lights in a EU country .
I 'm building the lighting devices "in house" (meaning not in a chinese factory ) and then I just stick the CE logo.

Trouble starts if or when is found out that few /some or all of these devices do not comply with the CE regulations .

(...)
The manufacturer of a product affixes the CE marking to it but has to take certain obligatory steps before the product can bear CE marking. The manufacturer must carry out a conformity assessment, set up a technical file and sign a Declaration stipulated by the leading legislation for the product. The documentation has to be made available to authorities on request.

Importers of products have to verify that the manufacturer outside the EU has undertaken the necessary steps and that the documentation is available upon request. Importers should also make sure that contact with the manufacturer can always be established.(...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I thought I needed an induction heater, so I bought the Chinese one till I could decide if I needed a “real” one from pipes, DynaVap, or the other options, but have mostly just been using a woodscents log or a lighter recently. Aside from portability, not sure how it could be any easier or more flavorful than using the log which is always ready.

As for DynaVap not innovating enough, call me a fanboy but I don’t see it. They could release a new model every month, but why? The models they have are thoroughly tested, and overbuilt to perfection. They release new parts, and new finishes, and new exotic materials, fairly frequently. They touch base directly with their customers on a regular basis (how many companies do this?) and take suggestions.

New models will come out, and I’ll be excited to try them, but in no way am I “bored” with the current lineup.

George has even endorsed some of the third party vendors. I can strongly recommend @primitiveorganic @ed’stnt and @stardustsailor, having worked with all of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom