cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, as unreasonable as it might seem, I don't think it is really up to the product vendors to discourage you from overusing. I think that particular meter or control is supposed to come from you. Kinda like the one that keeps you from calling your boss as asshole... :o

Edgedamage

Oh yah!! I finally tried wax in the 2017 M, I used vape cotton after testing it in the chamber for three click cycles. There was no taste of the cotton whatsoever. I used enough to fill the bowl split it in half and put a rice grain size piece of wax in the middle. Using my coffee can IH worked great. First heat nothing, Second heat wonderfull taste. Heat 3-4-5 good size clouds and a awesome creeper buzz. I love how the IH is so predictable in it's heating of the cap. Now I know where my rosin is going to go.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Concentrates of any kind are still a mystery to me. When I have had nothing else I have evaporated and scraped reclaim from ISO, but it is so nasty that it is only for when there is literally nothing else. Ick. I haven't even seen hash in years.

Vaporware

Concentrates of any kind are still a mystery to me. When I have had nothing else I have evaporated and scraped reclaim from ISO, but it is so nasty that it is only for when there is literally nothing else. Ick. I haven't even seen hash in years.

There are a lot of good concentrates out there these days, and it’s possible to make at least a bit of rosin pretty cheaply and easily if you’re interested in trying it. I don’t use them much, but a lot of them are good and not like I’d imagine your reclaim was. ;)

tb42091

Just jumped on the dynavap wagon because I saw so many people raving about them. Got a '17 M. Hit 5 bowls out of it now and havent combusted yet, though on the first bowl I got pretty close. My question - do your Ms get hot in one bowl? Mine is getting hot enough where my fingers go that I have to wait between bowls for it to fully cool down. Also can I get a novavong body or something and replace the metal body? It hits pretty damn well and as a skeptic I'm actually surprised how much I like it so far. Using a big propane torch barely on, its gonna last forever haha.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Just jumped on the dynavap wagon because I saw so many people raving about them. Got a '17 M. Hit 5 bowls out of it now and havent combusted yet, though on the first bowl I got pretty close. My question - do your Ms get hot in one bowl? Mine is getting hot enough where my fingers go that I have to wait between bowls for it to fully cool down. Also can I get a novavong body or something and replace the metal body? It hits pretty damn well and as a skeptic I'm actually surprised how much I like it so far. Using a big propane torch barely on, its gonna last forever haha.

Get a smaller flame. Propane torch = giant not so good flame for Dynavap.

paehtod

Very nice dude~ use a small single torch will be lass hotter than using big propane torch:tup: And Yes, a nonavong STEM can replace the 17 M metal stem and will much less hotter. Vapcap is awesome~

Last year today i received my first Dynavap M ,
6ihc2g.jpg

one year later, i got 4 vapcap with different custom made stems and give away 3nos of 17 M to 3 of my best combustion friends,
2gse5x4.jpg

and my arsenal still growing. This is what they called VAS:razz: (I didnt show the torch's part yet...)
2h56710.jpg

Vaping had really change my life and living style, I feel so much healthy and clean everyday~ LOVE FUCKCOMBUSTION!!! PEACE:peace:
Wish my area will be free :leaf:one day:myday:

Squiby

Also can I get a novavong body or something and replace the metal body? It hits pretty damn well and as a skeptic I'm actually surprised how much I like it so far. Using a big propane torch barely on, its gonna last forever haha.

Yes you can. Vapcap components are modular, so you can mix and match parts. The stainless steel midsection on the M is a stem length - 62mms long and can be replaced with a VonG stem which is the same length.

Like this...

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/parts/stem-dark-wood-nonavong

There are lots of choices and combinations for replacing your stem. You could go for a VonG body which is 45mms long and add a spinning mp.

Or you could buy an XL condenser with a spinning mp to go along with a VonG stem to make your Vapcap an XL.

Or you could go for an aftermarket wood stem from our artists on the forum. Here is one of mine made by the esteemed @phattpiggie. Snakewood with Blackwood ends.

16h6gj8.jpg

My metal clad Vapcaps don't get hot, but I use a small single jet Aomia lighter and keep the flame as low as it can go without sputtering. A large torch is way overkill.

Below is my lighter next to two of my favorite Vapcaps. The titanium and niobium stems were made by the incredibly talented @stardustsailor.

33bkg8n.jpg

Basically, the choices are endless....:rockon:. But that's how we like it.

Last edited:

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I see that all of these aftermarket long stems do not have a carb, is a carb preferred but just not offered, or is the carbless stem what everybody is looking for? As I’m engineering a new stem, I want to keep in mind what’s currently available and what is not, in the realm of aftermarket. Is there anything that YOU would like to see? Whether it be a stem option, stash, desktop etc? :sherlock:

(Late night thoughts that keep me up, every night :whoa:)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@primitiveorganic I do not offer carbs on my stems as my drill press is not accurate enough.
I made a condenserless stem ages ago and found the wood leeched oils into the reclaim, since then all my stems have been built with an integral condenser.
I'm not willing to take any chances with my customers health with either oils or dust, especially with species which are known sensitizers.
In the beginning, tips gen1&2, carbs were necessary to take advantage of the venturi effect. The draw restriction was high and the drop in pressure behind the load helped a lot with achieving big clouds without feeling like sucking a ball thru a straw.
Since then the tips have been rifled more and many people no longer feel the need for carbs. It's a long thread but hidden away in it you'll find carbs either taped up or X rings placed in front of them which either totally or partially blocks the flow thru them.
Some people still prefer them so if you builds allow for it then it's worth offering the option.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Snakewood with Blackwood ends.
That sure is pretty, I always drool over it whenever you post a pic of it!
Good idea with the cactus, one way to slow own consumption, make it hard to grab.
since then all my stems have been built with an integral condenser.
I was about to ask @Squiby about cleaning such a long stem, a .177 air rifle cleaning kit might be handy and most people in the US and quite a few in he UK would already have access to them, I have some specific air rifle cotton pellets that you fire through the barrel for cleaning, could be fun (messy) to use with compressed air and a condenser.

Vaporware

I see that all of these aftermarket long stems do not have a carb, is a carb preferred but just not offered, or is the carbless stem what everybody is looking for? As I’m engineering a new stem, I want to keep in mind what’s currently available and what is not, in the realm of aftermarket. Is there anything that YOU would like to see? Whether it be a stem option, stash, desktop etc? :sherlock:

(Late night thoughts that keep me up, every night :whoa:)

The lack of carb hole is the preference of at least some of the people making them, and I think users are a mix. Some like a carb hole and always leave it open, some want nothing to do with a carb hole, and I think most of us like to have it and we cover it at least part of the time.

Since I believe all of the Dynavap stems and bodies come with carb holes, the people who don’t want one are probably over-represented in the market for custom stems since it’s their only option, but personally I would be more likely to buy one with a carb (or maybe one with and one without). I just generally prefer a less restricted draw and I don’t need the biggest hit a VapCap can deliver every time.

As for what I want, I need an XL sized stash (once I’ve got money that’s not going to medical bills again), and while I’ve seen some interesting designs for them, I still think there’s room for more new ideas!

Here’s what I’d like to see in a stash:
  • Small size (including less of the thick walls many of them have)
  • Compartment(s) for 1 or 2 VapCaps
  • Compartment(s) for vaporizable materials (flower, maybe concentrates)
  • Possibly a lighter compartment, but it might need to be designed for a specific lighter to fit well...Squiby’s Aomai might be a good option, but I haven’t tried it yet
  • Quick, easy access to everything
  • Magnet for cap removal and maybe to set it on if I put it all down
  • Low odor (which matters a lot to some people and keeps them from using some some of the existing types of stashes)
  • Bonus would be a place for AVB
I think that about covers it. If you want to throw any ideas around I’m sure we can figure out something great. :) There are already several interesting designs posted throughout this thread and elsewhere on the forum if you want to check them out.

Hello everyone,

I am writing this message because I am amazed at Dynavap's customer care (not even customer service!) and I want to share my gratitude. As many of you know, some days ago I posted a message in this forum complaining about the Ti screens falling off too often from the Tip when emptying my abv material. In that post, I also complained about the performance of the VapCap when using it in windy conditions. After that message, some of you replied to me with suggestions of all kind: thank you all very much. Having a community like this one behind the VapCap makes the product way more reliable and usable.

But today, something else happened. I woke up with a message from George himself offering me some tips and further help with my issues! And I promise that the only place in which I looked for help with my two problems is FC (in fact, I never contacted Dynavap to let them know what I was not enjoying of my VapCap!). In short, @VapCap has taken good care of me even when I did not ask them to do so! So, guys: +10,000 points to DynaVap!

Have a lovely sunday,
Willy.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@LesPlenty I send out long bamboo skewers with every stem. A wad of paper pushed into the condenser and soaked with a few drops of Iso can then be pushed thru taking the reclaim with it.
Along similar lines to your idea.
I send the skewers out so customers have them to hand rather than having to search for something to use, handy when the stem is over 170mm long.

@VaporWare my drill press is not accurate enough and to drill thru the wood/acrylic and hit the condenser exactly on the top of the tube is out of the question.
The 2mm drill travels down the side ruining the stem otherwise I would gladly offer carb options of any size.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hello everyone,

I am writing this message because I am amazed at Dynavap's customer care (not even customer service!) and I want to share my gratitude. As many of you know, some days ago I posted a message in this forum complaining about the Ti screens falling off too often from the Tip when emptying my abv material. In that post, I also complained about the performance of the VapCap when using it in windy conditions. After that message, some of you replied to me with suggestions of all kind: thank you all very much. Having a community like this one behind the VapCap makes the product way more reliable and usable.

But today, something else happened. I woke up with a message from George himself offering me some tips and further help with my issues! And I promise that the only place in which I looked for help with my two problems is FC (in fact, I never contacted Dynavap to let them know what I was not enjoying of my VapCap!). In short, @VapCap has taken good care of me even when I did not ask them to do so! So, guys: +10,000 points to DynaVap!

Have a lovely sunday,
Willy.

@Willy, I think George just likes you, and from reading your post, I can see why.

I think @VapCap should consider setting up volunteer demo teams for any future events.
I know @Willy's help was greatly appreciated at Spannabis this year.
If it comes off next year and the DV team and @VapoShop are happy with it I'll be doing the same again as well as helping my woodturning partner in crime @Ed's TnT spread some titanium love.

Oh yeah, I think that would be great. If @VapCap is coming back this year, they can count me in!

Vapor4me

A couple of days ago I was changing the "Lifeproof" (not) case of my mobile, for the 2nd time this year, guess my phone has lived too many lives already...

Anyways, I digress. When taking apart the box of the case, I noticed it has 2 very strong magnets, to keep the box closed. These would work to keep your vapcap/Omni standing.

Less waste and more places to cool down your caps, as another member here would say: Civilised :nod:

paehtod

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I've broken so many phones inside of lifeproof cases. At least a case replacement is only 5 bucks.

My omnivap is life proof however. M17 really gets tested for durability though.. I've only replaced a couple o rings between all my vapcaps

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@primitiveorganic I do not offer carbs on my stems as my drill press is not accurate enough.
I made a condenserless stem ages ago and found the wood leeched oils into the reclaim, since then all my stems have been built with an integral condenser.
I'm not willing to take any chances with my customers health with either oils or dust, especially with species which are known sensitizers.
In the beginning, tips gen1&2, carbs were necessary to take advantage of the venturi effect. The draw restriction was high and the drop in pressure behind the load helped a lot with achieving big clouds without feeling like sucking a ball thru a straw.
Since then the tips have been rifled more and many people no longer feel the need for carbs. It's a long thread but hidden away in it you'll find carbs either taped up or X rings placed in front of them which either totally or partially blocks the flow thru them.
Some people still prefer them so if you builds allow for it then it's worth offering the option.
Ok that makes sense, I knew there had to be a logical reason behind it. I appreciate the response!

Top Bottom