Dutch-Mic

Some "random" messages:

SOCIAL DISTORTION! :clap:

2. Welcome back @Lady V!

3. Have a nice weekend! I'm going to spend some time with friends for the first time since the birth of our little one (glad it's only three weeks ago and not sixteen years....). Last time I saw them I converted a friend to the VC and it's certainly a possibility I'll give another M for a friend to a friend.. Such a pity that I "need" to buy more Vapcaps :brow:

Wittgenstein

My woodies have always cracked on the side WITH the crown. Maybe just bad luck.

Err, always? I have mined the web to get my hands on the last available woody stems and bodies, since all the DC Woodies are so beautiful with their slim form factor. But since I had my first in hands I thought, hm, 1mm wall thickness may be a bit too delicate for such a device. I have an 18M to go outside but for a lounge chair session I prefer a classy blackwood Woody XLS with titanium mouthpiece. Hm. Bad choice maybe?

Edit: I wax them very often. Could that help to make them last longer? Or are they actually for the showcase?

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
http://tinypic.com/r/18ej2p/9
Even it the sign in there. It's a good morning over here.

Shit help me

Bobby D’s Haus? Well! Zimmerman me! :myday:

18ej2p.jpg

Moose said “Such a tiny haus, Bobby.”

kbvxpf.jpg

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
toe in ole Bobby Magee in to the pic, if you can, you who art in the North Countree please

My feeble attempt at a non-mod Mod

xaq4oh.jpg
Does this work well for you? I have this Grav Helix piece, and am wondering about the adapter. I love my Grav Helix, but don't know what to do with them now that I switched to vaping. Thanks for the picture and idea.

Squiby

@Wittgenstein

I have three classic woody midsections; a Blackwood body, Black and White Ebony stem and a Cocobolo stem. All have double crowns and none have cracked. They are all close to three years old.

They are regularly buttered up with some hemp oil/beeswax wood conditioner and my home is climate controlled so they live in a stable level of humidity year round. I believe that the wood conditioner and the stable humidity protects the wood from drying out too much.

I think humidity is a strong factor in wood cracking. Years ago I brought some wood sculptures from humid Jamaica to the dry Canadian prairies. I doused them with oil before leaving Jamaica. They cracked anyway. The change in humidity was too much for them.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Err, always? I have mined the web to get my hands on the last available woody stems and bodies, since all the DC Woodies are so beatiful with their slim form factor. But since I had my first in hands I thought, hm, 1mm wall thickness may be a bit too delicate for such a device. I have an 18M to go outside but for a lounge chair session I prefer a classy blackwood Woody XLS with titanium mouthpiece. Hm. Bad choice maybe?

Edit: I wax them very often. Could that help to make them last longer? Or are they actually for the showcase?
Both of my woodies are from back when they first started fitting collars (still turned by Ed's TNT at that point) and one has been used and abused on the regular with high temps etc, the other has remained unused in reserve, both are fine FWIW (both are single crowns).

I don't know for sure, but I've always been under the impression that the vast majority of woodies presented no problems :shrug:

Squiby

I don't know for sure, but I've always been under the impression that the vast majority of woodies presented no problems :shrug:

That's my sense too. There were a couple reports of the early woody bodies cracking but I think that that was the rare exception rather than the norm.

Mind you the woodys are susceptible to cracking when placed under extreme duress.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-229#post-1006759

(Tip... Press the reply button to see the pics in the linked link)

Wittgenstein

That's my sense too. There were a couple reports of the early woody bodies cracking but I think that that was the rare exception rather than the norm.

Mind you the woodys are susceptible to cracking when placed under extreme duress.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-229#post-1006759

(Tip... Press the reply button to see the pics in the linked link)

Ouch. My M fell from the balcony maybe ten meters down to the sidewalk. It landed on the rim of the cap leading to a bad dent. The rest of the vape did not have a scratch. The cap actually did still click but I was not sure if it still indicated the right temp and replaced it with a new one.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, the metal VCs, both Ti and SS, are virtually indestructible. The only part that can't take massive abuse is the cap and they are reasonable enough to replace if it becomes necessary. I have a bunch of high temp orings now (the only real consumable) and a few of each CCDs so I am set for the apocalypse.
2l9qzqx.jpg

Oops. I just noticed that I was reading and replying to posts made in August 2016 rather than current. I must have clicked on a link that brought me back there...

Sorry folks... :rofl:

Last edited:

GrandWazoo

Anyway, they sent me the wrong one, so for about a week I did vape with the DynaVap with wood mouthpiece . So I vaped both and I can say I prefer the OmniVap. In this period I usually have air all open and hole closed. But I can say DynaVap was also excellent .

Papi

SevGen
You can still get on @Pipes list, and get it before DV comes out with the coffee. I bet.

zwzuja.jpg
I love that Talenti gelato. Only problem is once it's opened it is good as gone.
U R probably right about getting a IH from pipes before DV release.
I would think DV would want to test for at least 6 months before release.
How long have the DV IH beta units been out there?

hopla

The IH on Etsy is a tad too pricey (and sold out at the moment, whereas yesterday there were 2 left... Surely some FC forumers):
with delivery it was 137€ (157$).
Let's hope Dynavap's will come a little cheaper.
The Etsy one had about 30x3 sessions autonomy (not bad).
How much costs Pipes' IH and what is the autonomy? (Sorry if already said but I'm out for some days and struggling on a smartphone...)

JamesTiberiousKirk

I really want an IH for my vapcap addiction. But I fear it will make an already too easy process to getting medicated too too easy, and I will be stoned all the time.

I can see myself thoughtlessly bringing it to my cubicle at work, where the following would happen:

Manager: Hi JTK, I need you to remember to include a cover sheet on your TPS reports. Btw, what is that smell, and what is that thing on your desk? The thing with the thin thing inserted in the other thing?

ME: That thing? That is a patchouli dispenser. About the TPS cover sheet, I am on it. You can count on me!

Manager: OK. I thought it might be an induction heater for a vapcap. And as you no doubt realize that is purely restricted to lunch breaks.

ME: I would never forget. Or the TPS cover sheets.

Manager: Good. Now about that red Swingline stapler...

Top Bottom