Radamisto

@Helios they did do some minor changes to the ti tip and made it more like the 18m tip. So that might be it for now? Your guess is as good as mine though.

Yes, and George said it was easier to machine, but I find that it has now lost it's distinguishing feature and looks as "cheap" as the M. I was looking forward to buying an Omnivap in the next sale, but will probably stick to my Nonavong.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Personally I find the thinner fins and escalloped channels a handsomer look than the right angles and squared off fins, but that is all in the eye of the beholder. I also like it's performance. The only tip I have that feels like it performs better is the the original LE tip, but the difference is small.
uIWMsNX.jpg

(Stole this pic from another post) (Actually, is that the M tip on the right?)

Just to be sure this is mine...
tl0jADo.jpg

The channel looks deeper than the one above...

Last edited:

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
Nope, but even one chamber in a Plenty (1gram) doesn`t for me. It all depends on the plant/person but the chamber in the M is the smallest I have seen in any vaporizer.

Consider me the opposite end of the spectrum. Even after almost four decades of cannabis enjoyment, 0.1g is plenty for me. If it's a good strain, I can get two sessions out if a single M load. I'm a cheap date.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
this will be the last Vapcap to complete my collection

Blasphemer! Heretic! Heathen!

There is no "last" Vapcap! There is only your current Vapcaps, and your next Vapcap.

To speak of a "last" Vapcap is heresy. You may anger the vapor gods, and we all become cursed with cheap vapes that char and combust for the rest of our days!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I can't stop playing. . . Top one is the one that was yesterdays candycap. .

Was wondering what you were talking about @mrb, but yes on closer inspection, I see the
small pock imperfection on the carb hole of the stem.

Now you got me wondering how you got the spiral striped barberpole candycap all *shiny* again, taped a sandblasted pattern to get a perfectly DIFFERENT stem, with a DIFFERENT persona.

Creativity, and it’s hidden magic. Congrats! :clap::clap::tup::nod:

@Squiby ‘s gotta have this one!

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@stark1 Thank you and others for the compliments.
Despite the sandblasting being a very resilient finish, it takes almost no time at all to sand & polish a sandblasted or anodised body back to full shine.
I'm out of material currently so I just keep re-polishing and trying something else with that one stem. So it'll probably look different again in a few days :)

kushkush

happy camper....
Since I again rediscovered how to do photos....here’s two....

Here’s my M and Cocobolo Omni in my tiny Hohner Harmonica case with the Voami torch and the flower and concentrate too. Small protective case = perfect for my purse. :)

4_F23_D0_BC-_C475-4077-881_B-5_CB70_C5_B812_F.jpg

And here’s my M with my Jet Line torch and some concentrate althought that does look a little like my hash plant in there..... :leaf:

523_B8_D74-4674-4172-9706-9154_E75_BB281.jpg

kushkush

happy camper....
Yes, of course. I stand corrected. :doh: But I ask you... How many favorite Vapcaps can a Vapcap vaporer vape when the Vapcap vapes vapor?

4_F23_D0_BC-_C475-4077-881_B-5_CB70_C5_B812_F.jpg

That is a perfect Vapcap case! Now where will you store your harmonica?

Welp...my harmonica is sitting right next to my phone right behind my iPad. Handy. :)

But I think you can buy these cases without the harmonicas within. Maybe on Amazon.

:2c:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oh....Well, ah, in that case, I think it's likely to suppose that it is possible and probable that I just may in fact have exceeded the amount of my quota by a number in excess of a few too many. More or less. But who's counting?

That was the number of favorite Vapcaps a Vapcap vaporer may vape when the Vapcap vapes vapor. Not a limit on the total number one should own (which is as infinite as the sands of the sea) when one vapes the Vapcap's vapor.

Of course, if all one's favorite Vapcaps allow for a Vapcap vaporer to vape contently when the Vapcap vapes vapor from the Vapcap, then one's Vapcap collection of Vapcaps must yearn for a newer Vapcap to vape vapor from the Vapcaps when the Vapcaps next vape vapor.

Wouldn't you agree?

crownroyaldaddy

For a new Vapcap owner, I recommend a triple or quad jet lighter. A Bic is difficult to use because the flame moves with a draft and can't be directionally focussed and the Bic trigger will get your fingers too hot waiting for the click. If you must use A soft flame, I'd rather use a candle. A quad lighter will heat your Vapcap quickly in about 4 seconds.

I have a very low tolerance, so I get plenty high with just a tiny nug that bounces around in the chamber, maybe 0.02gm or so. I never fill the chamber. I work to keep my tolerance as low as possible.

If you still combust or are just transitioning to vaping, you might well be unimpressed with a vapor high.

I do think im still transitioning as far as the vaping high. Ive been hardcore vaping for only about 3 weeks with my volcano, coming from all combustion. Ive also combusted on about 4 occasions since the switch. The one friend i have that works the same shift as me and i enjoy hanging with is a hardcore smoker, no converting him.

I definitely will be using this quad torch when I get some butane for it. Not even sure where to find it. The only butane ive found was at walgreens and it was the brand everybody says NOT to use.

Ive still been using my vapcap every day trying different things. Im getting 2 solid hits on each cycle. Still not giving up on it and hope to incorporate it daily, just not as impressed as I had hoped to be thus far.

I really think a T break might do me a lot of good as i try to transition...

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
I definitely will be using this quad torch when I get some butane for it. Not even sure where to find it. The only butane ive found was at walgreens and it was the brand everybody says NOT to use.

For this application, where the flame is outside the air path, I don't think you need to worry about impurities in your butane. Grab a can of whatever you can find and fill up that torch. You'll appreciate the difference over using a standard lighter.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@J.R. Bob Dobbs

:rofl:
Reminiscent of Abbott & Costello's skits. Very enjoyable.

@crownroyaldaddy, I picked up a quality brand at a cigar shop & it was even $2 cheaper than Amazon. So try local smoke shops. *I also picked up some great wooden cigar boxes which pleased me immensely.

OK, I received my 4/20 package on Monday & just had my 1st test-run w/ the 18M & it was a terrific experience. It provided just the perfect vape experience for me. Used a sativa & the resulting head is light, airy, smooth, easy. It's got just the right amount of airflow & no draw resistance whatsoever. The vapor is smooth & cool, & the flavor, mild. This is what I was hoping to accomplish by removing the condenser from the 17M & Omni. But the 18M does it to perfection.

For me, this is gonna be highly conducive for daytime use. For anyone who loves microdosing &/or a light, but solid, & smooth vapor & flavor, this is perfect. It is so smooth that you almost don't need to use it through water to get rid of any harshness.

I do think DV is making a mistake by not keeping the 17M in their arsenol. It has a completely different effect from the 18M. The 17's vapor is thicker, has more intense flavor & produces a more stoned joint high. Sure, you can microdose with it -- maybe try removing the condenser (yeah, I just had to get that shameless plug in yet again! ;):p:lol: ), but, for my usage style, it's best suited for a more recreational stoned high.

Hi @VapCap! I have an
idea.gif
. I say that both Ms should remain in your arsenol as both have their place. It would be easy to direct newcomers to the correct purchase based on their expectations. Serious joint smokers would be better suited with the 17M, where as microdosers or those who want more airflow & less draw resistance or who like their vapor through water could be directed to the 18M.

The only thing I'd change, which is what I'd change on all DV vcs, is carb hole placement because it's always been up way to high for my liking; just doesn't feel balanced. The top of the carb is positioned 1-1/4" down from the mp whereas it'd like it at around 1-3/4".

Anyway, this is my 1st enjoyable experience with the 18M & I'm looking forward to many more.

From now on I'm gonna refer to the 17M as the M1 & the 18M as M2. It's a frigg'n PITA to keep typing out the year over & over again. :doh: If I ever get my hands around the neck of the guy who named the Ghost MV-1. :ugh: :goon:

:lol:

Edited to add: If DV doesn't continue to sell the 17M, I think it's gonna go collectible status cause the 17M (M1) diehards are gonna continue to promote it over the 18M (M2). They're gonna get scooped up immediately on reddit's classifieds until their availability is few & far between, & expensive. They're gonna be coveted. :nod:

Last edited:
Top Bottom