StringTheorista

ParanoidAndroid998

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah I think it was my LE 7 fin that seemed to have a looser fit on caps. Squeezing near the digger didn’t help too much, I had to squeeze in the middle, closer to the clickers to make it more snug
The LE7fin (original) is definitely the loosest tip of all of mine and needs a dedicated cap more squeezed than the others. I think I may shuffle it off my Omni and put the new tip I just got on there.
I should. I think about it every time. And then I receive one and I get thrilled and enthousiastic and I forget all about it.
I think an ISOed qtip through the condenser is the minimum one should do with a new VC. You may not get anything, but anything you DO get shouldn't be in your lungs/mouth. I usually do more but this is the minimum, I would think.

Apogee

The point everyone is missing is that an out of round cap is actually an asset. You get more convection because the air passes by the warm tip before passing through the herb. Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. So quit being a snoutband, and you know who you are, it does not become you. Doc

Sorry, newbie here, I didn't know that there were things we weren't supposed to discuss in this forum. Is that caps in particular or just QC in general? I apologize for bringing up sensitive subjects.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry, newbie here, I didn't know that there were things we weren't supposed to discuss in this forum. Is that caps in particular or just QC in general? I apologize for bringing up sensitive subjects.

Hey @Apogee, what do ya say about photos? As per the people who actually directed posts at you. .
Are you in a position to snap a photo showing one of the extra loose caps?

jds

I'm guessing that is pretty much the situation. Just strikes me as odd. It is only the body on my 420 omnivap xl that is rough. The mouthpiece and tip both have nice smooth clean lines, no rippled finish of any kind, no scratches-they look like any other dynavap product I own. The body is noticeably much rougher. Doesn't seem right for something brand new that retails for almost $200.

I'm way too busy these next few weeks to contact DV about it. If I end up pursuing it, I will post an update. I am curious to see if omnivaps over the next few weeks continue to have these issues or if this is somehow only related to the sale.

I'm waiting to receive a ti omni stem, which should arrive by Friday. I'll definitely post my experience here. I'm waiting to see it in person before I pass any judgment.

snackmaster

Nah your posts are helpful. It's just a confusing issue because loose caps are common and easily fixed, so unfortunately what you and @Hackerman described is easily dismissed. It sounds like what you guys are dealing with is more extreme but it's hard to tell without pics or something.

hinglemccringleberry

The point everyone is missing is that an out of round cap is actually an asset. You get more convection because the air passes by the warm tip before passing through the herb.
IDK, it doesnt seem like theres any convection at all. The outside air that comes into the tip is at ambient temp and doesnt get hot enough fast enough to cook the herb. The only thing cooking the herb is the hot surface of the chamber, which is totally different than convection technology which heats only the air so that the air can cook the material.

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
IDK, it doesnt seem like theres any convection at all. The outside air that comes into the tip is at ambient temp and doesnt get hot enough fast enough to cook the herb. The only thing cooking the herb is the hot surface of the chamber, which is totally different than convection technology which heats only the air so that the air can cook the material.

Actually ,it has to be some convection going on.
I use only carbless VapCaps.
Thus only mouth pulls are involved .
If short bursts of high negative pressure are applied ,the the air has high velocity entering the chamber.
If prolonged ,smooth drawing is applied then the air has lower velocity.
Air velocity impacts the temperature of incoming air.
Even for that short path of the VapCap tip triple start threads .

At first case vapor production is ok and at nice temp.
At second case vapor production is massive ,but rather hot .

Assuming that ,at both cases ,the tips ( chambers ) were heated in the same spinning manner ,with the same heat source for the same time and until reaching the same temperature ,then it has to be convection that makes this-rather big -difference .
Verified 100% .

No vape is actually 100% convective or 100% conductive or 100% radiative .
All vapes feature various levels of these three types of heat transfer .

cheers.
:2c:

Last edited:

Lady V

Hey lovely people!
I gotta share some love with you. I've fallen in love with the Omni XL. Its size is perfect for my rather large hands and its shape is gorgeous and absolutely functional. I have set the carb on fully closed (or at least as fully as the Omni condenser can get) and the bowl at its smallest setting. I find it baffling that I don't even pack the small room that's left in there and it hits so much harder than the M. Of course, I do enjoy the longer sessions that the ss tip can provide, but the Omni is such a completely different experience. It produces very smooth and tasty vapour, the mouthpiece doesn't get warm at all and feels a lot sleeker (haven't tried to use it for two rounds back to back yet). For someone like me that is used to microdosing, this thing is a godsend. I still can't believe how well it works with such tiny amounts of herb. It's already making its high price absolutely worth it for me.

On another note, I haven't used my 18M yet, but I did notice a couple of tiny steel threads on the tip. Its condenser was super clean but the tip needed a bit of cleaning. I will use a very fine sand-paper before I test it as @stardustsailor suggested for the Omni bodies etc.

I understand that there has been a bit of disappointment over the QC, but dare I say, that these things can happen? I don't know if the guys in Dynavap are going to address these issues soon, but I believe it's a bit too soon to judge a company that up until now has been bending over backwards for its customers (this thread is a proof of how they have been operating until now). I'm just saying... maybe we give 'em a bit of a break until everything clears up? It seems as if they have been trying to provide a number of products that is too big for them to handle at this point. I find it hard to believe that they just turned into a completely different company overnight. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Last edited:

Apogee

“Pics or it didn’t happen”

I don't think a photo will show much at this point other than the deformation I made to get a cap that fits as well as the rest of mine which I have to add all worked well out of the box according to design and within tolerances. A good cap slides on and off with just enough friction to work well with the stash magnet and still seal well enough to meet the design parameter for the convection airflow.

I will go to work on a photo. In the meantime I will take you (all y'all) at your word if you will take me for mine.

sag

I guess it's my turn to jump in, concerning QC. I have been following this product from its inception. I'm not good with glass and I wasn't a fan of the wood ones. When the TI omni came out I had to jump on it when a sale rolled around. It was exactly what I was looking for in a vape to replace my old bat. I was so enamored with it that when the M came out with a $20 a piece sale I jumped on a bunch and started to evangelize about the product, giving all away to friends and family. They all still use them and are building collections. When the M18 came out, it was love all over again, so I gave away my last M17. During this time my bil bought me a new style TI Omni, not knowing that I already had one. I think this was from the last black-Friday sale time period. I was so surprised to receive this gift that I overlooked, my not liking the new look Omni , cleaned it and started to use that sucker. I immediately noticed that the adjustment threads on the condenser were very rough and didn't screw back and forth very easily. They were so bad that I couldn't adjust the flow without disassembly. I have been working on them but they are still rough compared to my original Omni. If I had payed a lot of money for this thing I would very angry. I just let it go thinking that it was just a slip up in QC. Reading this thread makes me think that things started going south before that last 420 sale. It is now my junker that goes out and about the the old guy. These are great devises and a good company. I think they should be able to get it together. George is a smart guy and very conscientious.
Vape on, my friends.

ander

The fact that big numbers do not get along well with quality is a difficult law to change... especially when requests overwhelm you. This happens in ALL production fields. So I sincerly hope these are only momentary issues... I love my new 2018 "M" but I've found rough parts here and there, if compared with my old "M"...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm kind of disappointed with my Vapcap M. It's just been small, underwhelming hits. Maybe I just haven't learned how to use it to its fullest. I got it because I wanted something for fast hits. I love my Cloud Evo but it can make a bowl last about 45 minutes.

Just putting it out there - I reckon my Vaponic is better than the Vapcap. Bigger hits, more versatile for concentrates, better taste. The only downside is that the borosilicate glass is fragile.

Stick with it.

You can white-wall a bong with this thing, so you can definitely get clouds out of it (I do).
It may just take some practice to get your preferred technique down.

Kalessin

I don't think a photo will show much at this point other than the deformation I made to get a cap that fits as well as the rest of mine which I have to add all worked well out of the box according to design and within tolerances. A good cap slides on and off with just enough friction to work well with the stash magnet and still seal well enough to meet the design parameter for the convection airflow.

I will go to work on a photo. In the meantime I will take you (all y'all) at your word if you will take me for mine.
Photos should show everyone everything they need to know. Take a picture of the cap on the tip looking up at the bottom of the cap. If it is so misshapened it will be showing more severe gaps than a "regular" cap

Edit: For the record, this is how much I have to squeeze a new cap to get it on. You have to use a good bit of force but they always snap back

Y6audFV.jpg

Last edited:

jackmormon

I have been a big fan of Dynavap since the beginning and still am but the Omni XL I received from the 4/20 sale really should never have been sent out. I don't think anybody even looked at it assembled. I am going to wait a couple of weeks as I know they are overwhelmed and just send it back (unused) to them with a note asking if they would be happy with the purchase and let them figure out what is wrong with it.

If I didn't have an Omni XL I purchased a year ago I probably would not notice the cosmetics very much. Mine is not as polished as the original, has minor machine marks on the body, and the top of the body is rough.

The obvious doozy is the condenser. The threading is whacked where the condenser when screwed all the way into the mouthpiece does not sit flush with the top of where it screws into the mouthpiece. It appears that the threading is mis-aligned. Because of this, the condenser is crooked in the body (visually obvious) when looking in from the top with the tip removed. It actually scrapes against the tip when adjusting it. To assemble the thing I have to put the condenser piece in first and then wiggle the tip to get it the misaligned condenser to into it.

Kind of a big fail with QC, in my opinion but I am 100% positive Dynavap will learn from their growing pains. All up and coming businesses have them.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
regardless of intent, his posts are not constructive or helpful and consistently negative.

Just a friendly reminder that anyone like me who suffers from :rant:
can always employ the 'ignore' button as I did around 5 pages after this 'issue' emerged.
I feel much better for it :lol:
(despite my quote, I'm definitely not lumping you in with those of us who :cuss:
Squiby, you are the very embodiment of calm rationality in this thread :tup:
)

Hey lovely people!......

.......... I find it hard to believe that they just turned into a completely different company overnight. Maybe I'm just wrong.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:peace:

ander

Photos should show everyone everything they need to know. Take a picture of the cap on the tip looking up at the bottom of the cap. If it is so misshapened it will be showing more severe gaps than a "regular" cap

Edit: For the record, this is how much I have to squeeze a new cap to get it on. You have to use a good bit of force but they always snap back

Y6audFV.jpg
I had good results in fixing this issue (happens to me when I share caps with different tips) also by flexing down the cap's tongue a bit...
cap2.jpg

Well if I have not misunderstood and we are talking about slightly loose caps!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm sure it's a tough decision when you know you are about to be slammed by a big sale to decide which is more important (at the moment), great QC or faster production and shipping. One need only read the thread to see how anxious people get waiting for product. One can also see how people react if they get something that should have been caught by QC. It is kinda a catch 22.
They could have hired and trained 5 more staff and they might have bothered customers a little less, but 2 weeks later they might have to let 4 of them go as orders went back to normal.
Only experience is going to teach them what works best to make their customers AND their staff (and George, of course) happy, and allows them to keep growing in leaps and bounds. I think it would be nice if we can be understanding of their growing pains. They certainly produce a great product that we love and we want them to be a success too.
To be clear I am not beating anyone up, they need to know when something is wrong and it is up to us to tell them. But the more agreeable we can be in presenting it to them, the better off we will all be in the long run.

Top Bottom