Funny. Not sure quickly squeezing a cap can be considered the same as having to remove poor machining marks on a titanium surface.

It's nice that you've stuck around here, it seem's DV came through for you after your initial issues with them, and I hope the help members here offered you was helpful too.
Looking forward to less insults from your end:tup:

Actually, squeezing the cap didn't fix it. Using it and heating it over and over didn't either. It was way way way oversized. An error in manufacturing at a company that (as you all know) is somewhat lacking in QC at the moment. It was a bad cap that simply slipped by. No big deal.

I was taking it to a friend who has a metal shop to see if he could fix it for me and somewhere along the way it slipped off and was lost. I ordered another one and paid for it. It was supposed to have shipped yesterday.

Like I said guys... no big deal.

EDIT:

Hey @Willy here is one in EU. It's from Vaposhop. One of the sponsors here. I have not dealt with them but most of the sponsors here are top notch. I dealt with Puffitup.com and they were awesome.

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/grasshopper-14-18-adapter/

You might want to take any more questions about this to another thread to keep this one on topic.

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Actually, squeezing the cap didn't fix it. Using it and heating it over and over didn't either. It was way way way oversized. An error in manufacturing at a company that (as you all know) is somewhat lacking in QC at the moment. It was a bad cap that simply slipped by. No big deal.

I was taking it to a friend who has a metal shop to see if he could fix it for me and somewhere along the way it slipped off and was lost. I ordered another one and paid for it. It was supposed to have shipped yesterday.

Like I said guys... no big deal.

Ah OK, this was not clear. . I had thought you canceled your order for the cap? Did DV not reach out to you and solve your problem? I don't understand, did you say twice that they helped as a lie, to be facetious? Just after some clarity on what you are trying to say if anything. .

I'm sorry you got a dud cap. People suggested squeezing because this normally helps, and I think your cap my be the first any of us have ever heard of being a different size.
My guess is the fabrication process for this part doesn't allow for much variation, accidental or other wise.
Unlike the machining issues we are seeing with other parts that are totally expected given the process. It's just surprising that these parts are making it out of the door.

Squiby

I received my shipping notice to Canada yesterday. So, they are making their way through the mountain of 420 orders.

Based on my previous years of experience, once they get through the orders, they will make right any sub standard parts that made their way into the wild. It's unfortunate that some got away from them but I feel confident they will make it right. From one of the first live feed flash sales (buy one VonG and get two) I received a beautifully made dark wood VonG and a poorly made light work VonG. I emailed them after the rush with pics of the defective VonG and they immediately sent me a perfect light wood VonG.

Had not seen that. Given his posts and snarkiness it was hard to tell if he was being serious or sarcastic.
regardless of intent, his posts are not constructive or helpful and consistently negative.

Hey gang, it's all good and it doesn't matter to me but if anyone is concerned about George or DV or their integrity or whatever, George DID send me a PM here and simply said send me the emails you're talking about and I'll look into it.

I didn't feel piling more load on him would help anything and I had already ordered another cap so all I asked is for an update on my 420 order and he replied with a tracking number.

It should be here this week or next and if the cap fits, I'm out a couple bux and I don't really care.

I don't use it any more since I got my E-nano so it's all history to me.

I don't know about that guys. I have over 50 likes on my posts in this thread so I may not be speaking for you but I am speaking for 50 members beside you 2.

You have to be open minded and realize that not everyone thinks and believes like you and the people who do not.... are not wrong. LOL

A closed mind is a terrible thing.

Hackerman,
Reactions: KidFated.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

The caps are made with "deep drawing " tech.

Thus there's almost zero possibility for a cap to be even slightly "oversized" than the rest.
For this to happen another "mold" & "piston" have to be used ,which of course is not the case.

Almost all caps when new they are kinda loose fitting .
After some usage they "shrink" to snugly fit the tip.

@phattpiggie
I use my fingers to load my VC.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't know about that guys. I have over 50 likes on my posts in this thread so I may not be speaking for you but I am speaking for 50 members beside you 2.
You have to be open minded and realize that not everyone thinks and believes like you and the people who do not.... are not wrong. LOL
A closed mind is a terrible thing.

There are lots of likes flying around this thread, along with the positive vibes.
A perfect illustration of the joy, friendliness and positivity the nice people in this thread are trying to include you in.

For research sake, you can compare how many likes you receive for the post I have just quoted.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Hi everyone (again),

Today I've been given a huge, beautiful, crystal ice-bubbler... I'm amazed at the present, but the truth is that it comes with an 18mm hole, and I OFC need a hole that fits my 14mm Nonavong. I've been trying to find out where I can get one of such glass 18-to-14 mm adapters, but I just can't find any in the EU. Any help?

Than ya'll! :D

You'll need a female one (14mm) on the side where your Vong comes in. On the other side you'll need a 18mm male or female, depends on your glass.
I have some different adapters from DH lying around, could send you one for shipping costs :)

Kalessin

The caps are made with "deep drawing " tech.

Thus there's almost zero possibility for a cap to be even slightly "oversized" than the rest.
For this to happen another "mold" & "piston" have to be used ,which of course is not the case.

Almost all caps when new they are kinda loose fitting .
After some usage they "shrink" to snugly fit the tip.

@phattpiggie
I use my fingers to load my VC.
I know I've never heard of any mismatched caps, anywhere before. And we never saw a picture of this extremely ill fitting cap. And now it has disappeared...

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I know I've never heard of any mismatched caps, anywhere before. And we never saw a picture of this extremely ill fitting cap. And now it has disappeared...
As I've already said :ZERO possibility.
If the caps where made using a different tech ,then it could be the case.
But deep drawing does not allow for such discrepancy .
Every piece that is deep drawn ,is exactly the same in size ,as the previous or the next piece .
It's the method's principle that does not allow room for size variations.

cheers.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
It was way way way oversized. An error in manufacturing at a company that (as you all know) is somewhat lacking in QC at the moment. It was a bad cap that simply slipped by. No big deal.

Right, how do you know it was oversized? How do we know that it was even a manufacturing error if Dynavap couldn't inspect the part and you didn't have any other caps to even make a comparison to?

Like @mrb and @stardustsailor said, the manufacturing process doesn't allow for error unless they had an entire batch of caps that were bad after a tooling change and yours was the one that escaped, UNLIKELY. They would be testing the caps immediately after tooling changes and ensuring things were within specification.

It's almost second nature to me to squeeze a cap for a better fit if it's sticking or loose. Even when brand new I've had to tweak all my caps. Some more than others but they all perform so similarly that I don't notice a difference between those that are more egg shaped than others. I used to have more caps and would take pictures to show, but gave away my two M's with their caps to friends so I'm down to one.

There seems to be a cloud hanging over DynaVap’s operations.:o

Hope Geo is OK, he is too much of of a perfectionist to let things go out of round.

Honestly I think it's just a speed bump.

Last edited:

Kalessin

Right, how do you know it was oversized? How do we know that it was even a manufacturing error if Dynavap couldn't inspect the part and you didn't have any other caps to even make a comparison to?

Like @mrb and @stardustsailor said, the manufacturing process doesn't allow for error unless they had an entire batch of caps that were bad after a tooling change and yours was the one that escaped, UNLIKELY. They would be testing the caps immediately after tooling changes and ensuring things were within specification.
The thing about the story that really gets me. Even if it was oversized and was too big. It's still thin metal. You could still pinch it until it hugged enough to not fall off. You might have wider gaps between the tip and inner walls of the cap and so more airflow, but I can't imagine it being so much larger that there was no chance of making it fit at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine it. I have the same problem any time I see someone complaining about their cap not fitting, which is several times a week it seems like sometimes.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Got my Omni XL and.... I'm slightly disappointed. The mouthpiece-end of the body has scuffs, scratches, and imperfections.. didn't expect something perfect, but for the high price I expected something damn close to perfect. :-(

AxBD7bK.jpg

8xREDaO.jpg

tlsaeGx.jpg

Already tried to remove the scuffs with iso, but nah, they're definitely permanent.

This is typical "galling".
A type of " friction welding ".
Quite common misshapen ,regarding Titanium machining.
Usually caused by lack of coolant and/or high speeds / feed rates.

Still ,with some fine grit sandpaper ( 2000 US or 2500 EU grit ) and some water ,
your OMNI body can really shine ...
;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galling

Last edited:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
As I eagerly wait for shipping notice on my 4/20 order Omni Condenser I have begun trying to make some bodies for it when it arrives as I haven't previously had any bodies.

I attempted to make a body out of wood, a thin one like the OG Woodys. But sadly it broke, and I think without a lathe I'm not going to manage it.
So I returned to the length of titanium rod I purchased a while back and made cut myself a titanium body. I had planned to sandblast the centre of the body, leaving polished crowns either end. But after I polished up the body, I totally fell for the all Ti look. So I'll need to make another body for sandblasting, as this one is staying as is. . . . Currently with a spinning Ti MP . . .

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Can we all get along!

Hackerman is Hackerman, and since he got his enano he “won’t be using it anymore”,

Meaning hopefully that he won’t need to shit here anymore.

He is, however welcome here, as we need some ONE who can balance out our positive selves. :wave:

There can only be 1. :rofl:

EDXyJ40.jpg

Last edited:

Kalessin

Can we all get along!

Hackerman is Hackerman, and since he got his enano he “won’t be using it anymore”,

Meaning hopefully that he won’t need to shit here anymore.

He is, however welcome here, as we need some ONE who can balance out our positive selves. :wave:

There can only be 1. :rofl:
I definitely don't want him to leave or anything, anyone is free to post. I am just not convinced this cap problem exists anywhere but in his head. There are actual QC issues going on, no doubt and hopefully that is taken care of soon, but I haven't seen any evidence of there being a cap fitment issue going around at all

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Willy,

fast shipping from Madrid:
https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/short-glass-adapter-female-14-5mm-male-18-8mm.html.

If you select mix, you can get 1 of each size: The 10mm is OK for a vc mp:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/mini...-male/391750742.html#myaccount_history-3-null

Yeah, I used to be like that. But, now I am more patient.

:\ Yeah, since when? Yesterday?

Personally I'm really pissed that no one reached out to you from DV. That sucks. Because I personally asked someone at DV to reach out to you. And they didn't. But it is not the norm. Not sure what's going on, but I'm not happy about it either.

Don't be pissed, there are those of use who have placed our orders on 4/20 & are waiting patiently w/o complaint for shipping notification. So I think we have 1st priority, especially when hackerman said he didn't continue addressing the issue & bought a new cap. His call. He's a grown man & can go to bat & fight for himself.

My suggestion to @VapCap is to employ some type of automated reply acknowledging the email/contact message has been received.

An error in manufacturing at a company that (as you all know) is somewhat lacking in QC at the moment.

You just can't stop with the obnoxious digs can you? And while we are at it, I want to bring the like button on the lower right of the post box to your attention. When someone answers your questions, it's a nice courtesy to acknowledge them. You've been a member since March & I have yet to see you like 1 post.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Sorry if my posts seem negative to some people. It's just kind of frustrating when you say something and everyone calls you a liar and says it CAN'T happen.

I spent a good part of my life in manufacturing. Sheet metal forming and engineered coatings and aluminum extrusions, mostly but.... one thing I learned for sure.. there is NO 100%. Perfect systems fail. Molds wear. Roll former dies wear. EVERYTHING wears. And, when it does, tolerances change.Shit happens. Are you guys who said that I am lying going to tell me that DV's equipment is not subject to that phenomenon? LOL C'mon guys. Be fair.

I have said over and over, it's no big deal. Let it go and deal with all the other quality problems that exist in this thread. I won't bring it up again and....... you can like THAT. LOL

Peace

Kalessin

Thanks guys. Sorry if my posts seem negative to some people. It's just kind of frustrating when you say something and everyone calls you a liar and says it CAN'T happen.

I spent a good part of my life in manufacturing. Sheet metal forming and engineered coatings and aluminum extrusions, mostly but.... one thing I learned for sure.. there is NO 100%. Perfect systems fail. Molds wear. Roll former dies wear. EVERYTHING wears. And, when it does, tolerances change.Shit happens. Are you guys who said that I am lying going to tell me that DV's equipment is not subject to that phenomenon? LOL C'mon guys. Be fair.

I have said over and over, it's no big deal. Let it go and deal with all the other quality problems that exist in this thread. I won't bring it up again and....... you can like THAT. LOL

Peace
how out of spec would you say your cap was? Was the gap between your cap and tip big enough to fit a toothpick in? 2? I can just barely slide a round toothpick under my cap if I reset it to it's loosest and this is after it has been well used. Even if I could fit 2 or 3 toothpicks into the gap, the metal is still pliable enough that I could squeeze it to hug the sides.

Quint

Peace

I have a dozen caps, it can't happen. You're not bending with enough force to properly deform the cap so it'll properly fit. Squeeze the sides opposite of the digger tool, then bend the digger tool part inwards a bit. I've had caps that fit really loosely at first to the point where a click sent it flying off the top, but none that I couldn't adjust to fit.

Summer

Long Island, NY

You didn't read for comprehension. I'm did not say anything about the likes your posts got, but rather the likes you give to other members' posts. Take a look at the Recent Activity in your Profile Page -- since you joined, not one like have you given to another member's post in all the threads you partake in, &, in which, members have helped you out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom