stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Thanks guys. Sorry if my posts seem negative to some people. It's just kind of frustrating when you say something and everyone calls you a liar and says it CAN'T happen.

I spent a good part of my life in manufacturing. Sheet metal forming and engineered coatings and aluminum extrusions, mostly but.... one thing I learned for sure.. there is NO 100%. Perfect systems fail. Molds wear. Roll former dies wear. EVERYTHING wears. And, when it does, tolerances change.Shit happens. Are you guys who said that I am lying going to tell me that DV's equipment is not subject to that phenomenon? LOL C'mon guys. Be fair.

I have said over and over, it's no big deal. Let it go and deal with all the other quality problems that exist in this thread. I won't bring it up again and....... you can like THAT. LOL

Peace

Wear of the deep drawing dies will tend to form thicker cap walls ,
but not an over-sized cap ( aka an enlarged inner diameter of the cap )
IT CAN'T HAPPEN .-
I insist on that one.

Actually the "piston" die of a deep drawing system ,as it wears out it becomes of smaller diameter.
Thus ,it will actually produce a cap with a smaller inner diameter .
And as the "mold" die wears out at the same time ,it's diameter gets larger.
Thus the outer diameter of a cap will tend to be larger than before.
Smaller inner diameter of cap +Larger outer diameter of cap = cap with thicker walls.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Molds wear. Roll former dies wear. EVERYTHING wears. And, when it does, tolerances change.Shit happens.
Yeah, but that would mean a large number of parts would be oversized. The number of cycles on some drawing dies can reach into the millions before they are out of specification. You should know that.

Are you guys who said that I am lying going to tell me that DV's equipment is not subject to that phenomenon? LOL C'mon guys. Be fair.
No one is saying you're lying? I just find trouble believing your statements about the cap fitment as this would be one of the first ever that has not been able to be fit to a tip. If you've done sheet metal forming this shouldn't be a challenge at all right?

I have said over and over, it's no big deal.
I'm sure you know what happens to a companies credit when you report them to your credit card company. Right? that's a big deal. Despite that you still got help from Dynavap. Did you cancel your credit claim?

I'm all for people bringing issues up and discussing them with transparency and constructive criticism but it shouldn't be extremely negative and seeded to get people riled up.

You trolled then entire thread with obnoxious posts, you left out information, you've shown constant negativity with little constructive conversation. Now you're acting like it's nothing? I'm sorry but wtf is up with that? So no, it's not "no big deal".

Kalessin

Yeah I think it was my LE 7 fin that seemed to have a looser fit on caps. Squeezing near the digger didn’t help too much, I had to squeeze in the middle, closer to the clickers to make it more snug
Yeah, my LE tip had the loosest fit of any I've tried. On the cap end and on the stem end. It will not fit into my older stem tightly, it just falls right out

Apogee

As I've already said :ZERO possibility.
If the caps where made using a different tech ,then it could be the case.
But deep drawing does not allow for such discrepancy .
Every piece that is deep drawn ,is exactly the same in size ,as the previous or the next piece .
It's the method's principle that does not allow room for size variations.

cheers.

Not a Zero possibility. You could have a bad batch due to any number of reasons tooling, material, operator error and so on. They will go out the door unless QC catches it.
Myself, I have two of them and there are reports from others. I think that makes it a batch and easy to overlook since a gazillion of them have come off the line within tolerances. Mine came on close out 17Ms and these puppies are loose. Point the vape at the ground and they are gone. The squeeze required to get one to stick on is extreme making an oval such that you have two points of contact (someone who wants less restriction might like this). Sell them as 2nds.

I wanted the Ms for gifts and since squeezing was not a solution I used round nose jewelers pliers to make a slight Z bend on the side away from the digger restoring the interference fit with minimal plier marks. Good to go.

I hope this discussion helps the community understand what some of the QC problems are that have cropped up.

Kalessin

The squeeze required to get one to stick on is extreme making an oval such that you have two points of contact (someone who wants less restriction might like this). Sell them as 2nds.
They aren't 2nds. That is the way they have always worked. Since the beginning. That's what we're trying to get across to people. Some may fit slightly better due to luck, but from the very first cap we've been advised that squeezing is almost always necessary. I can't tell if people are just scared to give the metal a squeeze or if they just can't fathom having to adjust a product they paid for... Edit: I mean, I could be wrong. Show us a picture of these caps and everyone can weigh in, but after dealing with people not understanding they need to adjust the caps for literally years I am convinced this is a non-issue

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The squeeze required to get one to stick on is extreme making an oval such that you have two points of contact (someone who wants less restriction might like this). Sell them as 2nds.
What sort of contact or fitment are you expecting? There has to be contact with the tip at some point to create friction. There will always be at least two points of contact.

Edited: I misread

I'm not sure why anyone would want higher restriction though. I find that the 17Ms have the highest restriction out of all the tips and Vapcaps have high draw restriction to begin with.

Last edited:

Kalessin

What sort of contact or fitment are you expecting? More points of contact would mean a tighter fit, and more restriction. Those oval shaped caps would actually have more airflow and less restriction.
Seriously. Every one of my caps has an oval shape. People are making something of nothing, and that's what really bothers me about this situation. There are actual QC issues going on. Caps needing to be squeezed into a slightly different shape isn't one.

Apogee

Sorry, these caps are not sightly bigger they are too big to correct with the squeeze method. You can do it but then they are not remotely round. It is not a solution in this case.

The other six caps I have are all very good with slight variation as one would expect.

Last edited:

Kalessin

Sorry, these caps are not sightly bigger they are too big to correct with the squeeze method. You can do it but then they are not remotely round. It is not a solution in this case.
If you would then, please upload some pictures of these caps. Then there will be incontrovertible proof. Edit: For that matter, in addition to showing the pictures here you should definitely send them to Dynavap as well

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

The point we are trying to make is they don't need to be round, they can be a bit oval. It's okay. And if you somehow break it in trying to squeeze it to fit I will personally send you one of mine.

And I think we should all watch this tomorrow night. It's all about the cap; how it works and how to adjust it.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Like the others said, all of our caps are out of round and oval/egg shaped. If they were perfectly round they would fall off the tip like you were saying.

Bending the digger inwards has on my past caps has caused them to catch on the fins which I don't like very much. So I've stuck with squeezing them out of round.

If you would then, please upload some pictures of these caps. Then there will be incontrovertible proof.
Please, it would help the conversation greatly.:)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hackerman, you will be OK.

There was one member here who for the life of me seemed to be on the dark side, his gyroscope
stabilized after spending some time in the forum however, he might even be smiling, at times, these
days. :D

We all have our hills, and dales. :tup:

Apogee

The point we are trying to make is they don't need to be round, they can be a bit oval. It's okay. And if you somehow break it in trying to squeeze it to fit I will personally send you one of mine.

And I think we should all watch this tomorrow night. It's all about the cap; how it works and how to adjust it.

And the point I am making is that for some reason there are caps out there that are beyond the tolerance that allow for the simple solution. I used pliers. The hacker got mad. Someone else lost theirs, it fell off.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
After working in a machine shop, that is something I would never want in my vape when I receive it..
I looked at the tip again and cleaned it with an iso soaked swab that came out a bit off colour though not significantly. It did come out with tiny metallic chips though, looks there's some galling on the bore with some material that is partially cold welded to the surface.

Clean your tips before you use them!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I looked at the tip again and cleaned it with an iso soaked swab that came out a bit off colour though not significantly. It did come out with tiny metallic chips though, looks there's some galling on the bore with some material that is partially cold welded to the surface.

Clean your tips before you use them!
Luckily, my last order just had what seemed to be dynawax on it, I still iso every new vape part I get though.

snackmaster

Unless I missed it, I dont remember the instructions saying to wash it before use. I think this should be added in the future, we all know to do it (we are on a vape forum afterall) but I dont know if the general buying population knows.

Totally agree with this. Most stuff I've gotten from dynavap hasn't been too bad in terms of cleanliness, but the XL condenser I got with my 4/20 order was filthy and took 5-6 q-tips to get completely clean. Most here are into fiddly stuff like that, but I think the average consumer outside FC expects to buy a product and be able to use it immediately as is.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Unless I missed it, I dont remember the instructions saying to wash it before use. I think this should be added in the future, we all know to do it (we are on a vape forum afterall) but I dont know if the general buying population knows.

It may be an extra step, but a worthwhile step, to ensure that one’s products are pristine by QC
standards, before it leaves the production line. A company policy.

That is part of QC. Or should be. :tup:

Addressing the oops! Caps falling out, it seems tip OD may also be part of the tolerance Loosey Goosey....

All-in-all, I have been happy with the few DynaVaps I have; all dyno-mites, in my book! :evil:

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

The point everyone is missing is that an out of round cap is actually an asset. You get more convection because the air passes by the warm tip before passing through the herb. Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. So quit being a snoutband, and you know who you are, it does not become you. Doc

Top Bottom