cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only issues I have is that it's a bit tippy, and I need to be gentle when I draw through the piece with no vapcap in it.
OJq6g25.jpg
I have a very similar setup I use with both VCs and the Lotus WPA. When it is filled it stands OK, but not great. I have a yoyo that is just the right height to rest the j-hook on. Or a ramekin turned upside down also works.
o6A8OBx.jpg

jds

I am really sorry to read that so many Vapcap "Newcomers" are fighting quality issues with their newly acquired devices. What a bad start with a generally great product.

I sincerely think that George and the team have to work on this before going on with their growth.

Everything that I have bought from Dynavap (or resellers) during the last 3-4 months came in lower quality than purchase from e.g. one year ago. Split or cracked wood, Omni TI bodies with rough finish, Omni condensers that fell apart after 1-2 weeks of usage (have 5 of them laying around in pieces here) and I could continue the list.

If I would just limit my Dynavap experience (in terms of product quality) to the last months, then I would not be as much in love with them as I am.

I hope they find a way to improve in this field to get back to old heights.

This is most likely a symptom of sudden extreme growth. They've probably had to machine things at a faster rate, maybe that means forgoing a bit of quality control or not doing maintenance on the machines as often, etc. I'm sure they will figure it out in due time, but until then, it's definitely a bit worrying.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I made a stubby body to match it and I have to say, I'm in love.
I like the idea of a stubby one to use with the AC. I may have to figure out a way to create one. It certainly wouldn't need an airhole but I would like it lined to keep the wood from saturating with resin. Hmmm...

Later: Then again, with a path that short it may not pick up much resin so a lining may not matter so much...

Last edited:

BaHayZeus

Hey, just got my M yesterday & gave it a whirl last night. Having some trouble hearing the pop & managed to combust the first load but 2nd was yummy!

My question is- should the click be pretty loud? I can barely hear it above the sound of the torch. Granted, I’ve been years in front of too many loud guitar rigs but I was thinking from the videos it should be a bit louder?

Quint

I am really sorry to read that so many Vapcap "Newcomers" are fighting quality issues with their newly acquired devices. What a bad start with a generally great product.

I sincerely think that George and the team have to work on this before going on with their growth.

Everything that I have bought from Dynavap (or resellers) during the last 3-4 months came in lower quality than purchases from e.g. one year ago. Split or cracked wood, Omni TI bodies with rough finish, Omni condensers that fell apart after 1-2 weeks of usage (have 5 of them laying around in pieces here) and I could continue the list.

If I would just limit my Dynavap experience (in terms of product quality) to the last months, then I would not be as much in love with them as I am.

I hope they find a way to improve in this field to get back to old heights.

Honestly I'm pretty bummed with the quality of the XL Omni I picked up, although I've been on the Dynavap bandwagon since the very beginning. The machining is like a 6.5/10 for the Ti stem and my condenser is like a 5/10. Also I had to do some deburring on both ends of the stem, and inside of the condenser/Omni MP as well. I don't think I'll be purchasing during sale periods again to avoid QC issues like this moving forward.

Yeah I'd rather wait an extra week or 2 then get subpar quality. Especially since I'm in Canada - shipping anything back will cost me minimum $15 (probably more). I'm holding out hope that they had enough 2018 M lying around that they didn't have to run out and manufacture more. The Ti tip I'm not as confident about since it seems like everyone here got one.

ParanoidAndroid998

Honestly I'm pretty bummed with the quality of the XL Omni I picked up, although I've been on the Dynavap bandwagon since the very beginning. The machining is like a 6.5/10 for the Ti stem and my condenser is like a 5/10. Also I had to do some deburring on both ends of the stem, and inside of the condenser/Omni MP as well. I don't think I'll be purchasing during sale periods again to avoid QC issues like this moving forward.
I'm still waiting for my dark wood nonavong stem.. curious how it's going to look now.

Wow, all the complaints about quality on their top end items makes my little problem with a sub-standard cap seem small in comparison.

Good luck guys and I'm sure DV will take care of each and every one of your problems the same way they did mine.

Just be patient.

ParanoidAndroid998

Has anyone ordered/received a dark wood body or stem in the last couple weeks? Curious what wood they're using at the moment. Pics? :)

ParanoidAndroid998,

Lady V

Happy May too @Lady V ! To follow up on your previous inquiry, how do you heat up your Vapcap? Any preference? Take care and enjoy.

I have been using a single torch exclusively, ever since my triple jet torch gave up on me. I'm still transitioning from smoking, so I need my clouds and the heavier effects of weed. I haven't used my Omni enough yet (been busy with work) so my technique on it is a bit crap. I managed to combust once yesterday:doh:. On my M I like to wiggle my flame between the N and the A of the cap. The vapour isn't rich but isn't wispy either. Then I position it close to the tip, near the end of the N. I get richer vapour this way. For a couple of cycles, I wiggle the flame again between the N and the A for a bit and then keep it stable in the middle of the cap until the click. Then I usually get a couple more cycles having the flame positioned in the middle. I've been getting consistent results and almost never combust (unless I'm so tired to the point I forget my name let alone which cycle I'm on). I try to use a flame as soft as my cheap lighter allows me to and I avoid bathing in the outer blue flame
When I first got my 17M I would vape all day long trying to emulate my smoking habits. I ended up not feeling a difference after a while (so much wasted bud). Now that I have almost transitioned, I rarely wake and bake whereas I used to need 3 tobacco/mj joints (tiny ones but still...) along with my coffee. I went from 6-9 1/3, 1/2 or even fully filled bowls to just 4-5 1/4 filled bowls. I don't feel as dependent on weed anymore, which I'm now convinced was just my nicotine addiction taking over my brain...
And that's one of the reasons I love my vapcaps...

What are your tricks? Any preferences or tips for me? You have probably described it in a previous post, but this thread is humungous and still got a lot of catching up to do.

gfNYvKg.jpg

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
If you rotate the jhook about 160degrees so it lays alongside the ashcatcher, that increases stability a lot
Thanks for the tip! I rotated it a little to the left, it is more ergonomic this way and sits on my desk far more stable now.
I like the idea of a stubby one to use with the AC. I may have to figure out a way to create one. It certainly wouldn't need an airhole but I would like it lined to keep the wood from saturating with resin. Hmmm...

Later: Then again, with a path that short it may not pick up much resin so a lining may not matter so much...
It really wouldn't matter that much, I think making the taper on the piece might be the biggest of your worries depending on your equipment and tools.

Sander

I have an extra cocobolo vong stem I was thinking of cutting in half. Got an extra condenser I could cut too.
It would be really easy to cut down but I don't really need it and might just sell the parts...we'll see

GRZ

I love my new dual flame Razor but WOW thats a tiny tank. I am glad I talked my friend out of it and back into the triple torch with the large tank.

Interesting that you mention this. I'm a fan of Vertigo products and l have had great luck with Vertigo Tron Double Torch. My only gripe was the hard to read fuel level and flame adjustment. I purchased the Vertigo Double Torch Razor since it addressed both of these issues (easy to read fuel level, and wheel fuel gage). Ironically, the fuel capacity of the Razor seems smaller now compared to the Tron. Too many variables to know if the fuel capacity between the two are different at this point. I'm going to email the the company and ask.

almost there

I have an extra cocobolo vong stem I was thinking of cutting in half. Got an extra condenser I could cut too.
It would be really easy to cut down but I don't really need it and might just sell the parts...we'll see
I’ll trade u an unused light wood body for that stem and save u the trouble:brow:

No one has mentioned that the new caps are a perfect fit:party:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't heard much about the new tip. Has anyone used it enough to comment? Thinner fins and scalloped channels I would think they may perform a little differently. If anyone has noticed anything please share...

later: OK, so here's a fun question. Should thinner fins having less mass be less effective at pulling heat out of the tip, or would the greater voided space between the fins allow more airflow and then more cooling of the tip?

Last edited:

Apogee

Longtime lurker with an OG, nonavong, XLS and several Ms; I have signed on to FC to comment on the QC issues others have reported and I have experienced with recent orders made PRIOR to 4/20. Fit and finish on every item before the roll out of the 18M was near perfection. The substandard parts seemed to be the freebies (Ti tips) included, the deeply discounted old stock(17M) with loose caps and the 18M bodies with the chipped ends. Most of the problems were tactile, easy to correct with a fine Arkansas stone and brought up to the high standard we have come to expect. I am sure that a large part of the DV magic is this figit factor of the precision finish. I would rather purchase a known 2nd than have something with QC issues tossed in or discounted when I order.

sirwalter

This is most likely a symptom of sudden extreme growth. They've probably had to machine things at a faster rate, maybe that means forgoing a bit of quality control or not doing maintenance on the machines as often, etc. I'm sure they will figure it out in due time, but until then, it's definitely a bit worrying.

I'm guessing that is pretty much the situation. Just strikes me as odd. It is only the body on my 420 omnivap xl that is rough. The mouthpiece and tip both have nice smooth clean lines, no rippled finish of any kind, no scratches-they look like any other dynavap product I own. The body is noticeably much rougher. Doesn't seem right for something brand new that retails for almost $200.

I'm way too busy these next few weeks to contact DV about it. If I end up pursuing it, I will post an update. I am curious to see if omnivaps over the next few weeks continue to have these issues or if this is somehow only related to the sale.

Dutch-Mic

Maybe my "strangest post" yet...

I use alcohol wipes to clean my VC: I cut a piece off with scissors, wrap the piece around a little SS (Stainless Steel to be clear...) tool and push it through the condenser tube and the tip. That makes the condenser and tip shiny and clean!

The previous days I noticed a nasty smell and taste after my weekly cleaning routine. I found out that tiny little pieces of the wipes got stuck inside the condenser and tip due to some sharp and rough finishing :doh:
Thanks to the rinsing it turned almost into a paper mache substance and it's terribly difficult to remove. I rinsed both the consenser and tip for a night in water, hoping that will do the trick to remove all of the remaining alcohol wipe particles.

Warning to my dynabrothers and sisters: watch out with alcohol wipes!

Last edited:
Top Bottom