Lady V

Happy month everybody! Beware, there 'll soon be an outpouring of love in my Omni impressions post. Trying so hard not to geek out and start my fangirling rumble... But I won't be able to control myself. I now see what it's all about and YES it IS worth the money!!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
This morning I tried @Squiby method with the crafty oil pad stuffed into the tip, then smeared with some of my pura vida x jesus OG rosin that was pressed very low, which I generally dab off my SiC halo at lower temperatures. My experience with the oilpad and the vapcap M was very good, like flower, I got my terp hits first, I think there were 2, then I got a good 5 hits of vapor. The flavor diminished after about the 4th hit which was fine, I expected that as it was on a SS oilpad and condensing. Overall, my experience with using rosin in my vapcap M with a triple flame torch is positive. I would rate it on a 7/10 for flavor, 8/10 effeciency, 10/10 on ease of use and cleanability. This puts my 510 pen atomizers/distillate at a severe disadvantage once I get an IH heater. :2c: For me this is huge as I'm trying to exclude all non-cannabis solvents from my medicine.

ronads

3. Concentrates

Hello welcome to the board.

I just got myself some nice legal pineapple express cbd wax isolate, and a full spectrum 70% cbd dank of colorado wax. Literally just tried concentrates for the first time I have used hash but never this wax stuff. Loving it so far didn't think it would have an effect and hits hard fuck me can't believe you can buy that legally in the street in the UK but plain old bud is illegal but that's off topic...

Anyway I have organic cheesecloth which is unbleached, all natural. I cut a bit off and roll it into a ball. This is the 'Filter'.

RklnEbn.jpg

Step 2 - Pop that fucker in. Use the lid to tamp it down so you have a little platform to put it on.

k0xFsMd.jpg

Step 3 - Put the wax on top, put the lid on, heat vape till it clicks..

yAz9oKb.jpg

Aftermath
o0TO6ix.jpg

This is what it should look like after it's done.

If you want to do hash WRAP the hash in the cotton, there is no concerns of it melting down the pipe, it will keep your filter nice and clean :) Plus it's easy to take in and out for reloading.

EASY!

bofc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

almost there

I've got a few questions regarding the omnis that came in yesterday. I'm hoping you good people can help me and I won't have to bother Joe at HQ at this busy time.

-To start off, when I turn the mp to adjust the condenser there's a scraping that occurs between mp and condenser, does it eventually go away? It's really annoying, sounds and feels like the metal is grinding against each other in a rough way.

-Neither my omni or omni xl condenser fully closes off the air dilution when extended to full length if assembled with the new 5 fin tip. I have the mp fully flushed with the mid-sections but it still leaks. If I switch the 5 fin with an old 7 fin the leakage stops. It's not about the resin making a better seal because the 7 fin is completely clean. Any thoughts on this?

The Ti omni stem is definitely prettier in person, it's so unbelievably light. My Ti stem came with the rippling and scratches too. Nothing too serious so I'll wait till all the chaos is over and ask if I can send it in to be polished.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Man reading this thread can get expensive. I tried @Squiby's advice about shaping Liquid Pads to fit vapcaps, and then tested the technique with some Crown Royal oil while I read the past two pages on the thread.

About the fucking Vaponic. Mods-you could have saved me $50+ if you'd have flagged those for not being on topic. But nooooooo....

So, thanks to you I've now ordered my very own Vaponic and will get it in a week or two. Fuck all y'all. And now I have to follow another fucking thread. So...thanks for that now too. Crap I'm so screwed.

You're killing me. I thought I had my VAS conquered. I've only been reading & following the threads for the three vapes I own and use, (and one I'll never buy:shrug:). I have everything I need; other than a few custom accessories for my vapcaps, Lil' Bud and Milaana.

But no...I had to read this thread to learn about another vaporizer that I absolutely have to fucking have. Cuz, I've always (since January '18) really wanted an OG vapcap. So...Now I'm going to get the Vaponic to fill that hole in my vape collection. Doesn't everybody have to have at least one glass vaporizer? Right?

Lucky some of y'all have been listening to me on Pandora and Spotify so I got a little extra VAS money I didn't think I'd have this month. :clap::rockon::tup:

So as a way of saying thanks here's a little something not available through any digital domain other than YouTube; or seeing me live.

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
Happy month everybody! Beware, there 'll soon be an outpouring of love in my Omni impressions post. Trying so hard not to geek out and start my fangirling rumble... But I won't be able to control myself. I now see what it's all about and YES it IS worth the money!!

Happy May too @Lady V ! To follow up on your previous inquiry, how do you heat up your Vapcap? Any preference? Take care and enjoy.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've got a few questions regarding the omnis that came in yesterday. I'm hoping you good people can help me and I won't have to bother Joe at HQ at this busy time.

-To start off, when I turn the mp to adjust the condenser there's a scraping that occurs between mp and condenser, does it eventually go away? It's really annoying, sounds and feels like the metal is grinding against each other in a rough way.

-Neither my omni or omni xl condenser fully closes off the air dilution when extended to full length if assembled with the new 5 fin tip. I have the mp fully flushed with the mid-sections but it still leaks. If I switch the 5 fin with an old 7 fin the leakage stops. It's not about the resin making a better seal because the 7 fin is completely clean. Any thoughts on this?

The Ti omni stem is definitely prettier in person, it's so unbelievably light. My Ti stem came with the rippling and scratches too. Nothing too serious so I'll wait till all the chaos is over and ask if I can send it in to be polished.

The scraping sound should not be there. And if your marked omni is anything like the ones recently pictured in this thread then it is the small scratches/notches/dents on the top lip of the body/stem that is likely causing the sound. And that is not ideal!

These reports and pictures of these marked omni along with winegum's tatty LE tip are a bit concerning! What's going on at DV? If the omni parts are arriving with a poorer finish than the M's that's a bit sad.
Surely they're not rushing parts out the door without finishing them correctly In an attempt to fill orders!? That's doesn't seem very DV.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It was a Wenge XL Dynastash. I hadn't seen any XL stashes lately and I was on the hunt. George decided to be my safari guide. :tup:
So now that I have had a chance to look at this guy under natural light I think it is Bocote, not Wenge. It is quite beautius and will get a good wax soon. I also have great hope that one of those worm holes will lead to Andromeda or maybe Orion for a close up look at Beetlejuice. Should be quite a ride.
p2dZEUm.jpg

MFC62Yy.jpg

The back is what made me think Wenge but the natural light gives it away (I think).

Tronzo669

Hello welcome to the board.

I just got myself some nice legal pineapple express cbd wax isolate, and a full spectrum 70% cbd dank of colorado wax. Literally just tried concentrates for the first time I have used hash but never this wax stuff. Loving it so far didn't think it would have an effect and hits hard fuck me can't believe you can buy that legally in the street in the UK but plain old bud is illegal but that's off topic...

Anyway I have organic cheesecloth which is unbleached, all natural. I cut a bit off and roll it into a ball. This is the 'Filter'.

RklnEbn.jpg

Step 2 - Pop that fucker in. Use the lid to tamp it down so you have a little platform to put it on.

k0xFsMd.jpg

Step 3 - Put the wax on top, put the lid on, heat vape till it clicks..

yAz9oKb.jpg

Aftermath
o0TO6ix.jpg

This is what it should look like after it's done.

If you want to do hash WRAP the hash in the cotton, there is no concerns of it melting down the pipe, it will keep your filter nice and clean :) Plus it's easy to take in and out for reloading.

EASY!

Awesome so I guess the degummed hemp is what DV recommends but material choice definitely varies, I have a bunch of cotton bacon that i use for wicking my ecig atomizers that I might test out but @Squiby's crafty pad technique seems like it would last a bit longer then the more fibrous materials
Edit: was cleaning out my vape stasch and also found some old ceramic wick , haven't used this stuff in ecigs for ages because it was much more of a hassle than cotton to build but the dry burnability and wicking properties would probably work amazing in a VC, not sure how to post pictures on here but the stuff kind of looks like braided silica rope and you can torch it clean several times before it becomes too brittle to stay together. If I remember correctly it's called fc116 ceramic wick or something like that....anyone chime in if they know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

almost there

The scraping sound should not be there. And if your marked omni is anything like the ones recently pictured in this thread then it is the small scratches/notches/dents on the top lip of the body/stem that is likely casing the sound. And that is not ideal!

These reports and pictures of these marked omni along with winegum's tatty LE tip are a bit concerning! What's going on at DV? If the omni parts are arriving with a poorer finish than the M's that's a bit sad.
Surely they're not rushing parts out the door without finishing them correctly In an attempt to fill orders!? That's doesn't seem very DV.

It's not good news but at least now I won't be twisting it over and over hoping to smooth it out as i've been doing:suspicious:. Did I mention I have a bad case of OCD:uhoh:. Still trying to figure out why I can't get the condenser to fully close off the air. I can twist till it the condenser almost falls off the mp and there's still air coming in:shrug:. Works fine with the 7 fin but I only have one 7 fin tip and 2 omnis:hmm:.

Thanks again for answering my questions

Last edited:

Shannock

So now that I have had a chance to look at this guy under natural light I think it is Bocote, not Wenge. It is quite beautius and will get a good wax soon. I also have great hope that one of those worm holes will lead to Andromeda or maybe Orion for a close up look at Beetlejuice. Should be quite a ride.
p2dZEUm.jpg

MFC62Yy.jpg

The back is what made me think Wenge but the natural light gives it away (I think).

Wenge is my vote, the lighter edge i would guess comes from the Sap wood but i think the "fuzzy" grain gives it away.

:peace:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Still trying to figure out why I can't get the condenser to fully close off the air.

I didn't think the Omni was actually supposed to be able to completely stop the airflow through the carb. I though it just limited it from 0-90% (made up % figures I don't even own one yet)
Your reports that it does completely close it off with the older tip is news to me.
I'm a "near wide open" kind of guy myself. .

almost there

@mrb You have just given me food for thought again:nod:. I had the notion the omni could cut off air dilution 100% if dialed in to the max but maybe I was wrong all along. I'm a carb closed all the way kind of guy but the sale was too good for me to pass up the much lauded omni at such a modest price. I guess if what you are saying is true that only 90% closure is possible then it's operating normal.

Dutchem

Having read the guidelines people have provided here, I'm sure I've just been using it wrong. I only tried it over a gas stove because I couldn't find a torch lighter. I'm gonna give it another go.

But this thread made me go back and use my Vaponic for the first time in years.

GOD DAMN! I forgot how amazing it is. I've never enjoyed hash so much as tasting it through the Vaponic. World's most underrated vape maybe? It gets my vote.
Your problem is your lighting method. Get a torch lighter. Problem will be solved

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just got this J-hook and ashcatcher in the mail along with another nearly identical setup. I made a stubby body to match it and I have to say, I'm in love. It tames the vapour from the Vapcap without killing the flavour and lets me see when the tip has stopped producing vapour. It's beautiful to watch the cloud travel through the piece and the small size is comfortable to hold in my hand.

The only issues I have is that it's a bit tippy, and I need to be gentle when I draw through the piece with no vapcap in it.
OJq6g25.jpg

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I am really sorry to read that so many Vapcap "Newcomers" are fighting quality issues with their newly acquired devices. What a bad start with a generally great product.

I sincerely think that George and the team have to work on this before going on with their growth.

Everything that I have bought from Dynavap (or resellers) during the last 3-4 months came in lower quality than purchases from e.g. one year ago. Split or cracked wood, Omni TI bodies with rough finish, Omni condensers that fell apart after 1-2 weeks of usage (have 5 of them laying around in pieces here) and I could continue the list.

If I would just limit my Dynavap experience (in terms of product quality) to the last months, then I would not be as much in love with them as I am.

I hope they find a way to improve in this field to get back to old heights.

Last edited:
Top Bottom