phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
esX7SPi.jpeg

I've abused my cap a few times now and it just keeps going.
Using a magnet you can see the discs moving around in the magnetic field, as long as they have room to move and buckle they should click.

NicholasPetris

I dropped my newly acquired M the other day and it dented the groove on the tip of my Vapcap to the point where it wouldn't stand up on the Dynastash, I was crushed. I placed a wooden dowel in the cap and tired to gently straighten it out so it would stand, but now there's no cool down click, heat up click seems OK. The M looks indestructible and having this type of damage to the cap never occurred to me. Is this common if you drop it? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I can't justify a $27 new cap (w/shipping) at the moment. Thanks.

The cap is definitely the weakest point of a metal VapCap and should be handled carefully. I've made little dents in a couple of my caps when I was a Dynavap newbie, but never to the point where it couldn't stay upright on a Dynastash (though even the slightest deformity to the flat disc will weaken the magnetic attraction strength).

So I do wince a little every time I hear about someone dropping their VapCap, and couldn't approve of playing catch with it (@Kalessin).

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Give me your cap and $10 and I will place your cap
under my magic sphere to examine it thoroughly .
Your fortune will reveal .
Everything you need to know !

I can answer all your questions and solve everything that has been bothering you !

" Will my stash cure nicely ? "
" How many times I will combust my load again ?
" Shall I get the new 2018 M ? "
" Will ever Dynastash come in carbon fiber option ? "

And many more ,for just $10 !

Fig-2-1-Fortune-teller.jpeg

Call me for a reservation :!!
Ask for Mrs Abra Captabra ,the famous fortune -cap reader !

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Cheers !

Kalessin

The cap is definitely the weakest point of a metal VapCap and should be handled carefully. I've made little dents in a couple of my caps when I was a Dynavap newbie, but never to the point where it couldn't stay upright on a Dynastash (though even the slightest deformity to the flat disc will weaken the magnetic attraction strength).

So I do wince a little every time I hear about someone dropping their VapCap, and couldn't approve of playing catch with it (@Kalessin).
Yeah, I mean, I guess it could hurt it but it's slammed itself at high speed into all kinds of surfaces and it's never damaged it. And I have several spare caps anyway, so I can't bring myself to worry over it

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yeah, I mean, I guess it could hurt it but it's slammed itself at high speed into all kinds of surfaces and it's never damaged it. And I have several spare caps anyway, so I can't bring myself to worry over it

@Kalessin send them my way, I can see a good banger when I see one.:love:

& @stardustsailor, now I see why most fortune tellers are portly?:love::D

Poo boy’s improvised glass VonG—Cap needed, indeed...

OaMPFBv.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Anyone using a j hook with their cap? Guessing a vong would be the way to go right? Make it easier to pop it on a IH then put it back on the hook.

I have a Vong shortie and a Vong stem both with condensers pushed into the tip. J Hook + IH is my go-to for home DV use. Great taste, great clouds, great fun.

NicholasPetris

Good to hear! I suspect that might be because you are using a Woody ? The additional mass of an M is quite significant.

Especially once a person owns a few caps, wooden VapCap parts are what need the most caution and care, IMO. No significant wood damage to report either, I hope ? :goon: Cheers!

Kalessin

Good to hear! I suspect that might be because you are using a Woody ? The additional mass of an M is quite significant.

Especially once a person owns a few caps, wooden VapCap parts are what need the most caution and care, IMO. No significant wood damage to report either, I hope ? :goon: Cheers!
Nope, I've never had anything fail on a vapcap other than an o-ring when I got my first. It is a wood, and blackwood which is supposed to be one of the most durable woods, so that may be a factor I suppose. I am fairly careful with it, despite how I might have made it sound. Back when my spring was strong enough to throw it all the way across the room I was very careful to make sure it didn't happen after the first goof or two. Nowadays it will still bounce it a good bit, but it's more like....bouncing on a trampoline than something being shot from a slingshot, if that makes sense? It can hit a foot and a half of air, maybe 2, and I'm so in the habit of making sure I plug the hole with my finger when I open it normally that it's been over a year probably since I've had it get away from me

szai

Yup, what Doc and @beyond6strings said.
And you don't have to take it out of the j-hook, unless your one of those weirdos that puts water in a j-hook. :mental:
The IH made the pipe shape very doable with a vapcap.
You know that @phattpiggie is working on a design currently. The plan is to have a pipe that works with whatever heat source you want.

Marlon Rando

a J-hook/anhydrous is the way to go, I digress,

Classical Conditioning is a process by which an animal associates one event followed by another event without the animal having to do anything (think Pavlov) as a dog salivates when it hears a bell ring, it could be suggested that when one hears the VC click, ones mouth begins to salivate :mmmm: regardless of reward
Me thinks G. has tapped into another science altogether:whoa: The "M" being behavior Modification in counter conditioning in order to create positive associations.
I think I hit that last cap too hard.

szai

a J-hook/anhydrous is the way to go, I digress,

Classical Conditioning is a process by which an animal associates one event followed by another event without the animal having to do anything (think Pavlov) as a dog salivates when it hears a bell ring, it could be suggested that when one hears the VC click, ones mouth begins to salivate :mmmm: regardless of reward
Me thinks G. has tapped into another science altogether:whoa: The "M" being behavior Modification in counter conditioning in order to create positive associations.
I think I hit that last cap too hard.

I think I'm gonna follow you cause I can't understand it yet!

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Not had my 17 M for much longer than a couple months (my first ever vape), but the free Ti tip with the 18 has got me itching.

I know i'm asking in the right place, so here goes- should i pull the trigger on this great pre order deal?

Yes. I do believe you should do that. The '18 M provides a huge uptick in performance. When the '18 M tip becomes available I'm going to snag a couple to use on the glass stems I made. I love the '18 M tip on my loaner Phatpiggie stem.

If you like the '17 you're going to love the '18. IME

Megaton

The *only* thing that has me hesitating, vaim as it may be, is that i prefer how the 17 looks (and id be giving it to a friend as i can't justify two of the same thing).

Are the performance benefits enough to make the aesthetics irrelevant?

(Or maybe i just swop the tips and give my mate the old tip on the new body...)

@beyond6strings thank you for your response, that is helpful!

(Btw- i said hi to you on Reddit a little while ago, so Hi here too!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom