Newcastle

Stoned!
I just cleaned my SS tip and saw the groove (for the first time). Having never noticed it before I have made no effort to use it. I just did, and someone is going to need to convince me it is worth the effort... ;)
Mine is an older SS tip, just to be clear.
I used a 16d nail head to hold the screen. I lowered the tip until it snapped into place. Without it I was failing. A small short bolt would be better but I used what I found first. :brow:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
My Vapcap is just almost always so dirty, I hate forcing the condenser into the tip it always comes out covered in vape goop

Kleaniness is godliness, etc.

If it comes out in vape goop, your condenser needs harvesting.

Clean your shit more often. :D

But stark1 I didnt want to take it apart..:brow: I also will not use the cap to push the condenser out. It is putting grooves in the end of the condenser and I have also tweeked the scraper a little doing this. Chop stix are handy for this.

Whatever floats your submarine, Bud!

TxuMBwL.jpg

(Filler)

Last edited:

trfe

@Summer Rr: Nayshstyle without a condenser.

I'm starting to dial it in and the results are pretty remarkable.

I'm basically doing what is now an 'intuitive' mouth pull with a breath of air followed by 5-8 second lung pulls with the carb covered. I can usually do two per heating cycle.

The mouth pull is to generate a bit more heat, and negative pressure I believe, then a pause for a breath (so I don't die) and then a longer harder lung pull. It's a bit more like using my Milaana as to how I'm responding with draw strength and type. And I don't use the carb open ever. The carb introduces to much air into the proceedings. It's easy to see why most custom stem makers are staying away from those.

I do hope that someday DV decides to investigate carb-less stems in both metal and wood.

The Milaana 2 will have a carb right? How do you feel about that?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
The Milaana 2 will have a carb right? How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure. For me I've ended up liking the liquid pads in my Mi stems because they restrict airflow for me which seems to make the sessions work better for me. I tried a stem using a standard screen on my OG and I don't get the same sesh. So maybe with a carb I'd use the OG screens. At this point I'm looking at either a Lil Bud or MVT as my next wood handheld device. The Lil Bud cuz I can use my Mi stems and the MVT because of the smaller diameter roasting tubes. Personally I think the Mi would work best with an ID of 10mm instead of what they are now.

NicholasPetris

My Vapcap is just almost always so dirty, I hate forcing the condenser into the tip it always comes out covered in vape goop

You can keep the narrow section of the tip clean of goop by using an XL condenser in a standard size VapCap. This makes the condenser much more viable as a CCD tool IMO.

@Newcastle, I too am incredibly hesitant to use caps to push out condensers. A nice round wooden choptick-style tool would be great. I use the butt of a makeup brush.

DirtyD

But stark1 I didnt want to take it apart..:brow: I also will not use the cap to push the condenser out. It is putting grooves in the end of the condenser and I have also tweeked the scraper a little doing this. Chop stix are handy for this.
I use bamboo/ river cane to clean all vapes. Keeps a sharp edge, yet too soft to damage metal, glass, etc. Get you some bamboo. Split a piece off that is just the size of your condenser, (this is so easy once you do it one time), ram that f*cker through your condenser and twist to scrape. Remove bamboo and scrape off the honey goodness. Bamboo stick, fresh cut, > rough up the end so you have a bamboo "brush" as fibers are sticking out. Use this " brush" that you and mother nature just made to clean out the v ap cap bowl itself. You can dig out all the guck without damaging your adjust a bowl grooves. Here's your v ap cap tip of the day: get you some bamboo. !! Mother nature's v ap cleaner.. Cheers to all! D

Kalessin

Well, I'm back to a single torch. It's more work, but now I'm not having any of the issues with my LE tip I had been having with over browning while using a 3 flame torch. Honestly I'm probably just overly paranoid because it's not like I was BURNING the herb but I just couldn't get satisfied with the way it was coming out with a triple torch. Now it's coming out nice and even. It is also kind of fun to do, it's almost like stroking the vapcap with the flame. Is that weird? Oh well.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Well, I'm back to a single torch. It's more work, but now I'm not having any of the issues with my LE tip I had been having with over browning while using a 3 flame torch. Honestly I'm probably just overly paranoid because it's not like I was BURNING the herb but I just couldn't get satisfied with the way it was coming out with a triple torch. Now it's coming out nice and even. It is also kind of fun to do, it's almost like stroking the vapcap with the flame. Is that weird? Oh well.

It may be weird but you're not alone. When I'm using my single flame torch I feel like I'm painting my cap with blue flame.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
??? Really. Uh... Like what kinda sex? Hot? ;)

I have a pretty good imaginer, but I need some help with this one. Or, maybe not.

Sex between the Vapcap and the flame. However, what have I started? This starts to feel weird, so...

giphy.gif

in this theory, using multi-flame torch is like orgy. somehow. you . know...um...

Multi-torch = Making love and playing THE PRODIGY in the background.
Single-torch = Making love and playing a BARRY WHITE song in the background.

But, again:

giphy.gif

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I'm back to a single torch. It's more work, but now I'm not having any of the issues with my LE tip I had been having with over browning while using a 3 flame torch.
I do really enjoy the speed I get with the 3 banger, and the ability to turn it to change the number of flames on the cap. It is NOT as precise as a single, but sometimes speed is more important.

Top Bottom