Summer

Long Island, NY
Anyone who wants to increase airflow on the 2018 M should probably switch the SS CCD for a titanium one. The SS screen is a noticeable limiter. Again, it works well either way. :borg:

Wow, Nick, that's one hell-of-a novel suggestion. I've been on the thread for 9 months & never heard any one mention increasing airflow via the screen. :tup: All these tweaks allow us to dial in on our individualized, perfect airflow. It's a great thing. :cheers:

szai

Wow, Nick, that's one hell-of-a novel suggestion. I've been on the thread for 9 months & never heard any one mention increasing airflow via the screen. :tup: All these tweaks allow us to dial in on our individualized, perfect airflow. It's a great thing. :cheers:
I kind of feel like the manual is kind of minimal given the complexity of using the DV.

Anyone working on a dv book?

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Glass cleaning day turned into wood maintenance day in the Fizz household.
Take care of your wood, and it returns the favor.

@Winegums Omni, @phattpiggie Koa XL, @VapCap Omni XL, @mephisto XXXL Burl stem aka Hodor
bIOuuPZ.jpg
I always forget how pretty the maple is on that body. The figure is some of the best I've ever seen.

That is a nice collection I have to say.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@szai The only thing the DV manual is missing is a link to this thread. A DV manual encompassing every aspect of the vc would wind up being an encyclopedia. Seriously. But, then again, might be worth the writing. George could wind up selling it on Amazon. You know, like they had the cheat sheet book for those of us not smart enough to make it through a game of Myst. :doh: Yeah, that it's, The VC Cheat Book for Dummies. :lol: Well, one market is those who would appreciate not having to wade through over 1100 pages. :doh: :p

Last edited:

sirwalter

Anyone who wants to increase airflow on the 2018 M should probably switch the SS CCD for a titanium one. The SS screen is a noticeable limiter. Again, it works well either way. :borg:

Agreed the stainless screen definitely affects airflow. I have to admit I still use them because I like how the stainless does a better job retaining its shape. I find the Titanium screens get deformed very easily.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I too like the strength of the ss screens, & as someone recently posted, if you're not one into using hemp/cotton, it does a better job by it's design pattern of blocking out herb from being sucked into the air chamber.

Last edited:

NicholasPetris

I had an inkling about the airflow of SS vs Ti CCDs, but it was only confirmed by George a couple of Dynavap Live broadcasts ago; the SS has better "filtration" while the Ti has faster airflow (and therefore cooldown). This morning I tested each screen type in the 2018 M with blocked airport, and the difference is easily noticeable. I generally don't use a fine grind with VapCaps (I like a coarse grind or little hand-ripped pieces), so the relatively large holes in the Ti CCD aren't a problem. Even with a fine grind, a gentle to firm packing should hold the dusty bits in place. (the main downfall to the large holes in the Ti CCD would be for sucking material into the chamber, but I don't like that method for loading regardless; mind the pollen! :buzz:)

v.bow

I was trying to ask @v.bow about the screen setting. I have never read this before and I am curious how you set your screen.....I am medicated now and I can post again....:rofl:

I didn't realize that I pushed the ccd all the way down past the little line that marks the correct spot, so the ccd was almost firmly against the back of the tip. restricting the airflow even more.

does that make sense? ill post pics if I am not making sense

CONGRATS ArthurJ

Top Bottom