cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I must be confused. I thought fully at the bottom of the tip is the correct configuration for the full bowl setting. Frankly part of why I normally use full bowl config is because it is easier to set up. I have no good screen tools.

Smokey McVape

I didn't realize that I pushed the ccd all the way down past the little line that marks the correct spot, so the ccd was almost firmly against the back of the tip. restricting the airflow even more.

does that make sense? ill post pics if I am not making sense

CONGRATS ArthurJ
@v.bow - I think you are a little confused. The CCD has 3 placement options within the T.I tip.
1. Full chamber - CCD all the way in at the bottom - no affect on restriction.
2. 2/3 of a chamber - CCD on first notch - no affect on restriction.
3. 1/3 of a chamber - CCD on second notch - no affect on restriction.
In my experience the only things to affect airflow are the type of tip (ti or ss), how tightly you pack the chamber and the type of grind (coarse is always open but fine grind can be very restrictive if packed tightly)
The CCD has very little if any affect on airflow.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Actually, no, we are not. There are no options for screen depth in the SS tip other than manual ones. There are no grooves.

I am not near a tip at the moment to dig into it, but if there is a groove right off the bottom of the Ti tip I find it hard to imagine a small fraction of a MM making any difference in the airflow underneath it. It would also be restricted (in the same way I would think) by the size of the opening into stem.
that may have been a reason why I didn't like the 17m.
I take it back, maybe some are, but I don't know why we would be...
What I said would still apply, however, I can't see how holding the CCD a tiny fraction of a MM off the bottom would make any difference, M or otherwise.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just cleaned my SS tip and saw the groove (for the first time). Having never noticed it before I have made no effort to use it. I just did, and someone is going to need to convince me it is worth the effort... ;)

Mine is an older SS tip, just to be clear.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've had my M for over a year now.

When I first got it, I was always careful to keep the screen in the groove slightly above the bottom for months. Then, it got annoying to have to be careful not to pack a little too tightly and pop one side down or whatever, so I just started pushing it down to the bottom.

I've experimented with it both ways and, though I do see a difference, in my subjective experience the difference is so tiny that it doesn't matter enough to have to always be careful to keep the screen in that groove. And, my spent ABV don't appear to show any difference in the evenness of the extraction with either screen position.

TLDR; Over the last year, I've went back and fourth with both screen positions, and seen very little difference, including both dry and paired with a water-tool use.

v.bow

ok so I think you guys are mis understanding me. Sorry for the bad English.

When I push my ccd all the way to the bottom of the M it turns it self into a concave /dome shape contouring the funnel shaped bottom so that half of the groves are flush against it so its closed off.

If I put the ccd on the groove get a maybe 1.5mm instead of 0 clearance with only slits opened at the bottom of the dome.

My 18m definitely has a groove and ya all vapcap M have single sized bowls.

hoping someone understands me and can explain it better

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
You can limit the height of the screen depth by using a small rod or dowel slightly smaller than the ID
Of the tip; while holding the limiter at the desired depth, you then push the screen down with
A similar tool, and tamp it in place. :tup:

Newcastle

Stoned!
5-fin Carbless Puffer fish , Tetraodontidae silica (not for 5-fin soup) :rip: demise imminant

fJi2D6s.jpg
:rip:

What are you using to connect the two? I have one but its used as a whip with an O.D. hose...not sure how to make this mat up.

natural farmer

The way I see it ...

VapCaps do have two basic "modes" of operation:

a ) The well-known fully or semi /partially open carb mode ,where the Venturi effect (aided by the low-speed /expanded-volume/hot vapor vs the high-speed /cool air ) dominates operation-wise and the inhaled vapor is diluted with air.
Kinda resembles the experience of most electronic vapes,
mainly regarding the inhaling techniques involved (lung /diaphragmatic pulling ),
vapor " smoothness " & low draw resistance.

and

b ) The closed carb hole (or carbless) where the facial muscles and the powerful negative pressure they can create ,do all the job,whereas the inhaled vapor is as "raw & concentrated " as it gets to be.
Draw resistance is very quite also.
Pipe-like,joint-like ,blunt-like,whatever you choose to compare it with ,the toking experience is very close.

The final result is the same ,at both cases.

Cheers.
:2c:

The way it has worked for me so far is that I get consistently better results using the "b" method AKA "mouthpulls" or "mouth-to-lung" hits. Taste is far more roasty and mehhhh using "straight-to-lung" hits and the comfort of the hit not so great (lungs don't like a tight pull as I have heard and felt...).
Straight-to -lung hits also give a harder hit to the throat and lungs and the burn is usually not that pleasant, especially with the high temp hits that I prefer. Some people might find that kind of burn desirable of course, people with less sensitive throats than mine most likely and that's great as well! :lol:
STL also produces more visible vapor in my experience but that's just air diluted vapor that has more volume. The active ingredients are still the same. Air diluted vapor is harsher of course and that's why many folks around here use glass of some kind. And that's why I stay out of pure convection vaping in the future, those fuckers are killing me! Last time time I though I would die (from a pierced throat :ko:) it was after a Grasshopper hit a couple of years ago! :lol:

:2c: :cheers::spliff:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The way it has worked for me so far is that I get consistently better results using the "b" method AKA "mouthpulls" or "mouth-to-lung" hits. Taste is far more roasty and mehhhh using "straight-to-lung" hits and the comfort of the hit not so great (lungs don't like a tight pull as I have heard and felt...).
Straight-to -lung hits also give a harder hit to the throat and lungs and the burn is usually not that pleasant, especially with the high temp hits that I prefer. Some people might find that kind of burn desirable of course, people with less sensitive throats than mine most likely and that's great as well! :lol:
STL also produces more visible vapor in my experience but that's just air diluted vapor that has more volume. The active ingredients are still the same. Air diluted vapor is harsher of course and that's why many folks around here use glass of some kind. And that's why I stay out of pure convection vaping in the future, those fuckers are killing me! Last time time I though I would die (from a pierced throat :ko:) it was after a Grasshopper hit a couple of years ago! :lol:

:2c: :cheers::spliff:

Interesting technique, I however prefer to preserve my mortal lungs in lieu of an
immortal hit.

The very first time I ever smoked a cigarette I did an infamous MTL in the 9th grade. Good
Thing, since I never sucked on a fag after that.

& so far today am lung cancer free, as an added bonus.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Anyone heard about something like this?

BeneficialTartCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Saw it on Reddit (link to the thread) and immediately thought of the Vapcap.

Ordered one of these some days ago. Sadly from South Korea, couldn't find one in Europe.

Need it for our Portugal holidays. We'll go to a festival directly from the Airport and from my experience, I won't get any Butane, neither at the airport, nor at the festival.

howzcat

Hard on Glass
still waiting on the new M :'(
stuck in customs one week now...i was passing by near the customs just this morning and thought to myself "be calm, just go in and ask about an eta".

well, that didn't work out too well.. the guy says, "if you're lucky" (lol), "one more week"..
tempers got a little heated and i ended up filing a formal complaint (about not receiving my vaporizer in a non-legal country :rockon:)

So, by the time i get it won't be much of a beta test at all...if i'm "not lucky" i may even get it wayyyy after the general public orders start shipping :(
oh, and all the taxes added will probably mean 90% to 100% price increase..

/rant

are we supposed to send word or a mini review or whatever to Dynavap?

7oli5

Top Bottom