Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Just my luck today. I've had the vapcap since December. Love using it, and even got an induction heater to avoid using butane. And then I managed to fuck it up somehow. I was heating the vapcap but it slipped out of my hands and fell in my empty trashbin. The plastic from the trashbag melted just a tiny bit on the cap. I tried to burn it off but stupid me didn't think that such a tiny piece of plastic would forge the cap onto the chamber. Now my vapcap is totally unusable. Not dynavap's fault one bit. Just felt like sharing my woes lol.

Edit: Crap. The chamber and cap together is practically the same price as the M.

Drop it in ISO. I don't know if it will help but since joining FC that's my first thought. Its like my new duct tape.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Who has a link to strong magnets for pulling the cap? Ones with more pull than the standard dynacap mag.
Look for a 3/8” x 3/8” or 10mm x 10mm. They have an impressive amount of strength and should pull off even stubborn caps.

I use KJmagnetics (higher price, better quality, no minimum order) for faster delivery or banggood (bulk order needed) if there’s no rush.

ashinybox

The plastic from the trashbag melted just a tiny bit on the cap. I tried to burn it off but stupid me didn't think that such a tiny piece of plastic would forge the cap onto the chamber. Now my vapcap is totally unusable.

This happened to me with my carpet and my cap got covered in rug/ lint. Heat it up and take some fine steel wool to it. Should be fine!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@mephisto Wow, just wow. In so many ways. The generosity of spirit on this forum is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced.

@SloJimFizz I'm humbled, and happy you and @mephisto are back on the guitar. That is a wonderful thing.
The power of our craft.......:cheers:

silly question but is it possible to get a glass vapcap anymore? PIU sold out (do they even restock it?) and none at all on DV site
I don’t believe so.....I caught the last wave out of Vapcap proper, and then, within a few months the stock out in the wild seemed to be gone. I just took an S out to a friend this evening, and we marveled at the flavor that the glass allowed through. ‘Twas a treat, indeed. After the inevitable heat fatigue and breakage, I’m down to 2 OG’s and 2 S’s, plus a few spare glass bodies. Bonus.....the last 2 S’s that I bought came with really sweet black and white ebony MP’s. Damn, I love these little legos.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte

CIWYW

I'm building my own IH. I thought I saw a post somewhere in this thread regarding the magnets. Not all magnets work right? What kind of magnet do you have to get?

CIWYW,
Reactions: Ricardo

Vapoleon

Vapoleon Bonaparte
Cheers, they actually had entire glass units for sale and I was able to grab one. International shipping but meh.
You are right, i remebered that they had the entire but hadn't found it when i checked it for U so I just posted the stem without the cap.

Do U think it is better than the M?
Maybe I should add an original glass VC among my M?

Anyway, im glad you found it! :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Do keep in mind that they are *uber* fragile, a bit to pay for the experience/learning....:D/:bang:

EkcPcAL.jpg

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I've actually never tried an M or a glass vapcap. I have a glass tip incoming and wanted to mess around with it using a glass vapcap, so that I have allglass besides the cap. :)
@muunch scouring the globe for the last remaining OG Vapcaps. Nice find @Vapoleon
I'll admit, I was tempted, but I know how that story ends.
I've been through 3 og vapcaps and at least 5 of the Ti Glassy bodies. Some fragile stuff.
What's this glass tip you speak of? :hmm:
Only glass in a vapcap I have left is using the og condenser they still have at DV in a stem held in with a fat mouthpiece like the og for a glass vapor path.

riOJMv9.jpg

Mr.Sifter

this is my attempt to hit the 1k

looking forward to the VONG live dynaCAST

really dig the lighter wooden colors

and good to the see that the OG glass condenser fit the bodies.

mmmmh, nonavong glasspath ?

noticable difference in taste ?

Top Bottom