Bebop

Way of the Mild
Hi , I'm currently looking to purchase a omnivap , just wondering how safe it is to travel on flights with a omnivap , if its completely cleaned with iso? would it be safe to check it with luggage ? I guess carry on might be hard to explain what it is if asked

slevin

Hello to everyone!!! Proud new member from Greece here:rockon:. I been watching this thread for months now i i already own a solo wich is really great and a Volcano(wich i cant use daily ,family , 2 kids) ...so i move on and i received an M and a Nonavong-s from Dynavap just yesterday.First thing i noticed on the vong is that there are no Machined ridges on the airport side:hmm::huh: i hope dynavap offers a solution. Anyway i am a daily smoker tryin to quit and my sole purpose since i bought solo was to divide tobaco from weed because my daily usage is tobaco mixed with weed. It didnt work for me with the solo. It seems a total different experience with vc:). I hope this time i get what im looking for Cheers:leaf::leaf::leaf:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi , I'm currently looking to purchase a omnivap , just wondering how safe it is to travel on flights with a omnivap , if its completely cleaned with iso? would it be safe to check it with luggage ? I guess carry on might be hard to explain what it is if asked

Like most of us, Customs/Inspectors can get quirky, or curious, and confiscate your precious Omni at some point; to minimize that possibility, leave your Omni @ home, and travel with a less expensive entry
level M.

You can minimize your footprint by breaking down your VC, and putting the parts apart. Cleaned
completely of residue, of course. (Dem cursed dawgs have sensitive noses.)

Some fanatic countries
can be a real PITA too, keep your head. :nod:

Doktor Dub

If i had to travel with a Vape, it would be a Vapcap because they are very easy to clean. That said, i would nt like to travel with one on a plane... should be ok but i like to play it safe... :2c:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've been asked to do some stone inlay on a stem and as it's new to me a bit of practice is needed.
A Black and White Ebony Nonovong was just sat there looking like a good option.
I figure if I can get stone into the letters DV cut then that would be a good start as they were never intended to get back filled with Turquoise and glue.
s5f0OBk.jpg

hRTg0Ip.jpg

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags

I traveled several times intra EU with a clean Omni and never had anyone look at it or asking questions.

snaffle

I was comparing the condenser of the M and standard (Uni) vapcaps on the dynavap website, and the standard condenser looks like it has an extra (unused) groove that an o-ring could go in. What's this used for? Is it to enable carbless operation or something? I have an omni and a m, but not a standard vapcap (yet!). I thought I had finished on my VAS, but now I'm thinking of getting some vong configuration... oops.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I was comparing the condenser of the M and standard (Uni) vapcaps on the dynavap website, and the standard condenser looks like it has an extra (unused) groove that an o-ring could go in. What's this used for? Is it to enable carbless operation or something? I have an omni and a m, but not a standard vapcap (yet!). I thought I had finished on my VAS, but now I'm thinking of getting some vong configuration... oops.
That is the exact purpose of the extra X-ring groove, to cut off the carb for simple carb free operation.

Nilsson

I just got my Vapcap M as an addition to my og glass Vapcap. I am unsure about the cap itself - the new one makes a rattling noise when i shake it, the old one doesn't rattle. Is the rattling sound normal? Or did i got a faulty cap?

Last edited:
Nilsson,
Reactions: kushkush

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I've traveled around Europe with my Omni before with no issue. As long as it's clean then it's fair to say it's used with tobacco.

However like @The Beagle I've never even had anyone stop to ask. I've traveled with mine in both the checked luggage and carry on (obviously separate flights, neither of my VapCap's co-exist as quantum-entangled simultaneously existing entities of themselves :lol:).

I do agree with @Doktor Dub though, now I only travel with the M so that if some dumbass security agent does take it from me I won't care so much.

Anyway i am a daily smoker tryin to quit and my sole purpose since i bought solo was to divide tobaco from weed because my daily usage is tobaco mixed with weed. It didnt work for me with the solo. It seems a total different experience with vc:). I hope this time i get what im looking for Cheers:leaf::leaf::leaf:

For me the VapCap was great for consuming Cannabis without the tobacco. I use an e-cig mod to get my nicotine now.

Stage one was to separate the smoking of tobacco from vaping of cannabis. In this stage I was smoking tobacco in rollies and vaping cannabis in my VapCap which allowed me to get used to the Vapor. It also allowed my body to get used to not having substances created by the combustion of cannabis. This took a couple of weeks to get used to as vaping produces a slightly different experience than smoking cannabis. However because I was still smoking tobacco the differences were minimal.

Stage two was to switch from the rollies over to the e-cig. This cut out a lot of the other crap imbibed when smoking tobacco. I noticed it took a few weeks to adjust here as my body wasn't just addicted to the nicotine but also all the other crap in the tobacco.

Stage 3 was going to be quitting the e-cig but I'm finding that much harder as I enjoy using the e-cig. Not just for the nicotine use but also the vapor, flavour and mostly I like vaping the e-juice when I can't vape cannabis (working hours, driving, etc...). It's worth noting that e-cigs are not 100% safe, there are concerns around long term health side effects but it's still better than combustion.

Many folk struggle with the switch from smoking to vaping, mostly because they don't realise the body is addicted to more than just nicotine. Phasing out the combustion of cannabis, then the combustion of tobacco and finally the nicotine (if you choose to go that far):
  1. Gives you time to adjust to the feel of vapor without the nicotine craving
  2. Gives you time to explore the different vaping high's (different temps produce different experiences) without the nicotine craving
  3. Gives you time to explore the benefits of vaping such as flavour and improved efficiency (use less herb) without the withdrawal of nicotine clouding your judgement
Good luck with the switch man.

@phattpiggie, love the inlay, I think it was @stardustsailor that was playing around with a similar concept. Trying to match up a heat anodized Ti-Tip with equivalent inlay colors.

I just got my Vapcap M as an addition to my og glass Vapcap. I am unsure about the cap itself - the new one makes a rattling noise when i shake it, the old one doesn't do this. Is the rattling sound normal? Or did i got a faulty cap?

Yeh each Cap has 2x bimetallic discs that click when heated (one is a backup should the other fail). That's what you can hear rattling around in the Cap, due to minor variations some may rattle, others may not. As long as you are getting at least one click during a heat cycle you should be good.

justcametomind

I have a glass VapCap and mine rattles a little bit when shaked. I think that it's normal. I'm going to check on my spare OG and M when it will land, but I think it's ok. If ithe rattling noise causes any issues hearing the clicks you should complain to the seller but if it only rattles when handled it shouldn't be faulty. I don't hear mine rattle when using the unit.

mucsusn

60 going on 20

That is the exact purpose of the extra X-ring groove, to cut off the carb for simple carb free operation.

Actually, it’s a little more nuanced than that. The original purpose of the third x-ring groove is to enable the use of a body and a MP. The two rings closest together position and stabilize the mouthpiece, while the third groove provides a ring to stabilize the condenser inside the body, so that it sits in proper relationship to the tip. The M doesn’t need that extra x-ring, as it’s mouthpiece is machined into the stem.

Here’s the carbless twist........use a standard condenser with a stem, with the first two x-rings in place, your VC has a functioning carb. Using the same stem and standard condenser, now add a third x-ring to the condenser in that middle-ish position, and Ouila’ now you’re carb is disabled. Excellent configuration for a NonaVong stem for water usage, you just heat and drop in to the glass and don’t have to fiddle with the carb.

Always remember that bodies are short, and stems are long. Stoner LEGO.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Just my opinion, but Grasshopper your post on the three stages of weaning yourself from the clutches of smoking should be in the "Best Of" thread. Some people think they can just switch to vaping and instantly detox the smoke from their system. "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." Want to enjoy smoke free lungs? This is the first day of the rest of your life. Quit smoking now. Save your lungs for later use, you will need them. Doc

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@GreenHopper

Your account of quitting smoking couldn't mirror my own experiences and opinions more!!
And it all started with my first Dynavap in the 4/20 sale this year! The Dynavap was the the key to replacing my small rolled tobacco+green habits of smoking pot.

As I find my self in the same situation as you - now quite addicted to and enjoying the e-cigs - My plan to reduce this is to slowly get smaller and smaller devices with less battery life and less wonderful flavour. . . hopefully end up with a crappy cig-alike device that I only call on in "emergency" moments. . . But for now I'm just happy to be off the tobacco after 20yrs :( :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Just my opinion, but Grasshopper your post on the three stages of weaning yourself from the clutches of smoking should be in the "Best Of" thread. Some people think they can just switch to vaping and instantly detox the smoke from their system. "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." Want to enjoy smoke free lungs? This is the first day of the rest of your life. Quit smoking now. Save your lungs for later use, you will need them. Doc

Thanks bud, I know there are those that prefer a straight switch from smoking to vaping with no staged approach but I find those guys tend to be the folk who only ever smoked cannabis and not tobacco.

If you smoked tobacco with your cannabis you are going to have a harder time switching to vaping only, even if you are going to use an e-cig for nicotine.

Like @Dynalowrider said, there is no free lunch.

However, once you have paid the price which essentially equates to a week (maybe two) of feeling like something is missing you then gain so much more:
  • Better flavour
  • Huge savings in cannabis due to much more efficient use of herbs
  • More control over effects by controlling the vaping temps (so important and totally changed my outlook on cannabis)
    • higher temp for lazy couchlock body stoned buzz
    • lower temp for active , creative cerebral high
  • You stink less, so does your furniture, curtains and pets (maybe not the last one)
  • The stealth of vapor vs smoke is night and day. That's not to say vapor doesn't smell but it certainly doesn't stick around like combusted joints do
  • Re-use vaped material YMMV
  • Breathing is better, less crap to cough up
What you find was missing during that 1-2 week adjustment period was an addiction to bullshit components put in tobacco to enhance the addiction to nicotine. Once you are past that the high you get from vaping will actually feel far more superior to smoking.

Vape long and proper :rockon:

EDIT:

@GreenHopper

Your account of quitting smoking couldn't mirror my own experiences and opinions more!!
And it all started with my first Dynavap in the 4/20 sale this year! The Dynavap was the the key to replacing my small rolled tobacco+green habits of smoking pot.

As I find my self in the same situation as you - now quite addicted to and enjoying the e-cigs - My plan to reduce this is to slowly get smaller and smaller devices with less battery life and less wonderful flavour. . . hopefully end up with a crappy cig-alike device that I only call on in "emergency" moments. . . But for now I'm just happy to be off the tobacco after 20yrs :( :)

15 years of smoking for me.

Over a year now of not smoking, other than that one time when my e-cig broke on holiday. VapCap was solid though :razz:

I'm not 100% decided if I want to give up the e-cig or not. Still keeping a watchful eye on the reports of PG/VG + Flavourings (I avoid PEG) so as to make a more informed decision.

Considering the doctors want to put me on 'methotrexate' to fix my eczema which could give me lymphoma I feel like just stopping the combustion is a big step forward.

Plus I can't drink alcohol on 'methotrexate', not that I do now as it aggravates the eczema.

Guess I feel like I've given up enough for now.

I can't even eat cheese! Cheese! :mad:

I miss cheese :cry:

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Here's some older stems and bodies I reworked this morning as well as some new ones. I relined the older pieces with a thin wall SS tubing to make them less susceptible to wear and make cleaning easier. Originally they were chunky so I slimmed them down.

WQZuLiz.jpg

Last edited:

snackmaster

zor

I haven't been active on FC much lately since I've been so satisfied with my current arsenal and setup, but I thought I'd share a little alteration I made to my dynastash:

WZrKF9T.gif

I found a fat spring in a ballpoint pen, trimmed it, and slammed it into the Vapcap hollow, it works wonderfully but woe upon me if I don't block my omnivap's flight path, the damn spring launches it pretty far:

ih4Neza.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom