ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Once the vapor is in your mouth, feather the air intake by releasing your finger from the air intake or by simply opening your mouth to bring in cool fresh air as you inhale the vapor from your mouth into your lungs.

Another element that may restrict vapor is if the condenser is pushed a bit too far into the tip. You can push it back a bit by removing the tip and using the digger outter on the cap to push the condenser slightly back toward the mp.
Good advice from Squiby, as always: anyone who's ever hit a tight joint has had to pull MUCH HARDER than on even a fully-packed 'Cap, so use your history to adapt, you mammals! :rofl:

Here's two words on 'orientation': 1) when folks talk about heating, they refer to 'up' and 'down': these are relative to the clicky end of the cap, which is 'up,, as opposed to the fin/tip end, which is 'down'; 2) when folks talk about adjusting the Omni's condenser, the orientation is looking AT the mouthpiece end, from which viewpoint clockwise (opening the flow) and counter-clockwise (closing down the flow) make sense.

Took me a month or more to get those things sorted out in my head, but once I did, it made a HUGE difference in my performance and satisfaction!

Okay, THREE words: using a torch with these is an art - and that art changes between SS & Ti - and between torches. People who have trouble w/ combustion have IMO either set their flames too high, and/or hold their 'Caps too close, and/or aren't rotating like they "ought" (ie, too slow/uneven). Practice helps immensely, even for this arthritic old wreck...:rofl:...OTOH, those who aren't getting the vapor, etc they want likely have their flames set so low that they flicker, and/or they hold the 'Cap too far out from the torch for fear of combustion (guilty on both counts).

After climbing this learning curve w/ both M and Omni, I find that the inline triple is perfect for SS, and the dual is perfect for Ti (having not tried the quad): I set the flames as low as I can get them without any flickering, I keep the cap ~1/4 inch above the deep blue base flame - and I try to remember that HEAT RISES, so don't forget about the up/down angle between torch and cap (so easy to hit it from the side and lose much heat.!

The proper balance is between those factors; the only remaining major variable is the rotation, and without video, I'll have to describe, so bear with me: if nothing else, I have no spinny-mouthpiece contraptions so this is ALL based on the others. Understand that this is descriptive of my success, not instructions - use it as a guide:

- hold the 'Cap right in the middle, between the thumb tip and middle-finger tip, so you can roll it
- lay the 'Cap along the fingertip joints, tip UP, mouthpiece resting against the fingertip joint (still holding)
- brace the 'Cap with the index and ring-finger tips
- roll the 'Cap between thumb & middle in this supported position (I push w/ thumb & pull w/ middle)
- on click, roll until you see the air-hole, cover it, and carry on

With practice this becomes fluid, stable, comfortable, eliminates hot-spots, and vastly improves consistency!

Don't give up, don't get mad, just keep practicing (you'll be buzzed, so no sweat on that!)!

==
I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but I also have a bit of a hard time sucking on my M, the infamous straw-in-the-milkshake feeling.

Your post made me wonder if that could be because of the tightness of my cap. I've noticed that, compared to when I started using my M, my cap got tighter, it's harder to put it in on the tip if it makes sense...the walls of the cap grind on the tip, I just have to press a bit.

So this made me wonder...is it possible that less air is coming in from the bottom of the M, resulting in a bigger draw resistance? Should I try to enlarge the cap a bit?

Cheers!

EDIT: re-reading my post, don't know if it's because I'm high in the sky or because I have the mind of a 14 yo but I'm laughing at all the sucking, the tightness and the grinding on the tip.
Peace out guys! :rofl:

Have a great day
:spliff:
If you have the engineering chops (or the spare money) to hack your cap, go for it - but the cap is really quite delicate, yet easy to work with: imagine you were sculpting tinfoil, VERY LITTLE pressure is actually needed, it just needs to be balanced around the circumference of the cap - and consistent from top to bottom.

Re: air-flow, I confess from time to time I will put on the cap, then pull it UP a millimeter before heating. That improves airflow quite adequately for me - accomplishes the same end as filing grooves in the top edge of the SS tip, for example, but non-destructive (not that I want to prevent DV from selling more caps, but I'd wait 'til they re-start cap engraving before breaking one.

PS - love your username - reminds me of "Baron Barracuda" from the old 'Diver Dan' kid's show back in the 50s!

==
Alright, I promised I'd post pictures of my heat anodized 4th Gen tip... Sorry it took way longer than I anticipated, but I finally snapped a couple decent pics of it today. Here they are:

WuvsQem.jpg

It's fun to add a little color to your Ti tip, and really easy too. All you need is a needle nose pliers to hold the tip. Presumably, everyone already has a torch lighter or two on hand. Make sure the tip is as clean as possible, dirt and oils will hinder the formation of the oxide layer (which is what makes it look colorful!). Heat it evenly and slowly; as you get past the bronze color and into the purples/blues the colors will come quickly, and once you pass a color you can't go back to it.

And BE CAREFUL!!! Don't burn yourself! This process involves heating the tip until it is almost red-hot. Way beyond normal vaporizing temperatures. Take extra precautions and be safe!

:cheers:

:peace:
Looks great, @Derrrpp! Couple questions?

Do you remove the CCD first (o-rings removed, duh)?
Do you think a propane torch would work as well or better?
I imagine you'd have to hit it from all sides evenly to avoid a color gradient (which could also be cool) - is that your experience?

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Just bought all my gear for the Appalachian Trail ... and guess what vape I'm bringing! It's gunna be so fun.
My friend gave me some shitty home depot butane, I might go to a headshop and get some triple filtered instead because I don't want my torch getting clogged on the trail. What do you guys think ... butane quality that important for just a week trip?

vaporist4LIFE

Just bought all my gear for the Appalachian Trail ... and guess what vape I'm bringing! It's gunna be so fun.
My friend gave me some shitty home depot butane, I might go to a headshop and get some triple filtered instead because I don't want my torch getting clogged on the trail. What do you guys think ... butane quality that important for just a week trip?
Dude have fun !!!! You starting midway somewhere ??
I still have a plan for the full, stretch.might be a few years but I'm going to do it !! Vector is my go to for butane ,14× filtered .high quality !
Take pics :)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Just a thought, what's the highest elevation of your trail? You'll need a torch lighter that can handle the reduced pressure.

Also ambient temperature will affect the ability of the torch although you can heat the torch up by holding it in your hand until warm.

Here is a bunch of posts I found with a quick search regarding lighters and altitude: Butane and Altitude

I believe the highest point on the Appalachian Trail is about 6600ft.

Also oxygen levels will be about 4-5% less around 7000ft. Not sure how much of an affect this will have.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Much as I'd like one, I can't really foresee being able to justify the price of a Dynastash any time soon. I'm on the look out for a good, cheapish solution for storage and carrying.

If you don't have a dynastash, what are you using?

Cheers

Not to worry, they ship the VapCaps out in a smell proof doob tube style case. They work really well to protect the VC and stop any odours.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

needalift

So I have been using my portside induction heater that I got from @Pipes , and I am in love with it !!! I still find myself pulling out the torch for the sake of the ritual, but the portside is quiet and quick . Another plus for some would be that if you have trouble hearing the click , with this device you can kiss that problem goodbye . You push your vapcap down into the device to activate it and when it clicks you feel it jump back . You could use this with music blaring ( I know @CarolKing would appreciate this ) and not miss the click . I highly recommend one of these to any vapcap lover . It will make you love it even more . Thanks again @Pipes !!!!

Ricardo

The Vapcap is fantastic for microdosing. It will handle anything you throw at it with ease; flowers, hash and concentrates when fitted with a concentrate pad.
Morning all. I'm quoting @Squiby from the Microdosing thread. How does one vape hash? Just crumble some up and drop it in? Shave slivers off? As I recall, the chunks are sometimes so hard that you have to heat/burn a bit in order to crumble it up.... Does it produce clouds? Do you use the same heating method? How much do you use? Does it gunk up the cap?
Personally I like flowers - but I'd like to just try it with some Moroccan hash. Also, if it works well I know a few guys who might finally fuck combustion :peace:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
If the hash is pressed try to form a really thin chip of it nearly as wide as the inner diameter of the tip. If it's unpressed you can use it directely as a thin layer.

Look at Squiby's sig. There is a manual to construct a bed for hash out of two screens and some hemp fiber between for smoother taste and better restrain of material parts.

Hash needs to heat up a little bit more than flowers. After your filling first try a dry preheating of the tip while heating it in the top section until the clicks. Don't draw. Let's cool down without drawing until the switch off clicks. Start reheating the midsection of the tip for the first draw and go more down to the bottom of the tip from draw to draw for upheating end temperature.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Had a gen2 woody for ages...

Got a gen4 woody a month ago to take to Colorado for my holiday...

When I got back I set the oven to the smallest setting... And it makes virtually no difference, apart from the massive saving in flowers...

Does everyone use it on the smallest setting???

My gen2 just seems like a hungry herb eater now.... relativity of course...

Still a damn sight better than the solo or evo in that respect..

So iv made my gen 2 a dedicated vong...

needalift

When I got back I set the oven to the smallest setting... And it makes virtually no difference, apart from the massive saving in flowers...

My gen2 just seems like a hungry herb eater now.... relativity of course...

Still a damn sight better than the solo or evo in that respect..

So iv made my gen 2 a dedicated vong...
Since the first day I got my vapcap , have kept it set at the smallest setting . I figured I would try that first and if it didn't satisfy me then I would adjust it . I never felt the urge to adjust as I get where I need to be with the smallest setting . This is the first vape that I've ever had the "less is more "attitude with.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

My gen2 just seems like a hungry herb eater now....

Same here:)

When i recently got my first Dynavaps, a gen4 Ti-Woody and an M, I set the Ti-tip to the smallest setting. This gets me wonderfully high.

By contrast the M seems like a waste of herb. I get more heat cycles from its full chamber, but i don't feel i get twice the effects... I'd rather use that herb in two loads with the Ti-tip.

Squiby

How does one vape hash? Just crumble some up and drop it in? Shave slivers off?
For hard Moroccan hash I will shave a thin slice off with a razor blade. The soft pliable Afghan hash can be pinched off and pressed between your fingers to form a thin flat pancake. I tend not to crumble hash as small particles could slip past the screen and into the airpath.

Just pop that into your chamber and have at it. I do find that hash can take a bit more heat than flowers.

Ricardo

Just pop that into your chamber and have at it. I do find that hash can take a bit more heat than flowers.
Thanks :tup: How much to use though? It's years (decades) since I last smoked hash! I guess there's no way of knowing until I experiment. Should I expect more /less/bigger/smaller clouds? Will the residue just empty out like ABV?
BTW, I don't have any hash right now - just thought I'd like to try it sometime :D

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Thanks :tup: How much to use though? It's years (decades) since I last smoked hash! I guess there's no way of knowing until I experiment. Should I expect more /less/bigger/smaller clouds? Will the residue just empty out like ABV?
BTW, I don't have any hash right now - just thought I'd like to try it sometime :D

I have some squidgy afghan style hash that I haven't tried yet.

@Squiby I'm also curious what the AVB is like, does it produce more reclaim resulting in increased cleaning cycles?

I'm away from home for the next couple of days so can't test myself.

Truth be told I have 1hr to wait for a train so I'm kinda bored and missing my VapCap :ugh:

I did bring my hopper along though, it was a tough decision but I wanted guaranteed stealth and zero chance of combustion (not that I have in ages) as I'll be out at bars and staying at hotels. :)

Squiby

Should I expect more /less/bigger/smaller clouds? Will the residue just empty out like ABV?

I'm also curious what the AVB is like, does it produce more reclaim resulting in increased cleaning cycles?

Hash is lovely to vape and it behaves nicely. The AVB comes out just as it went in, as a slice or as a pressed pancake, but it will darker and more brittle.

No special bowl preparation is needed. No need to fill or pack the bowl. Just pop it in there, cap it and heat.

I do use a hemp filter/screen sandwich in my Vapcap tips but this is mostly to prevent tiny plant particulates from dry flowers from entering the airpath and irritating my lungs. Because I vape my hash in intact shapes and not crumbled I don't find that the hash gives off any particulates. Nor does it seem to increase the need to clean more often.

Your vapor production will depend on the amount of hash you load into your Vapcap and how aggressively you heat it.

Top Bottom