PeteSeattle

Hi all,

Just sharing a little experiment in clear glass ...

Full_Size_Render.jpg

... inspired by the built in mouthpiece of the M. Needs refinement. I want the mouth piece almost the same profile as the M. Call it ... the G?

@OldCombustor i use these which are similar
https://www.amazon.com/Fisherbrand-...782228&sr=8-8&keywords=blood+collection+tubes
The price I think is for a bulk supply.

Maybe a better deal?
https://www.amazon.com/Shandilya-La...1494783053&sr=8-46&keywords=Blood+glass+tubes

With...
https://www.amazon.com/Globe-Scient...1494783120&sr=8-41&keywords=Blood+glass+tubes

... beat me to it @needalift

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Conversation from this morning when I was doing an ISO cleaning on my VCs --

He: How many of those do you need?
Me: As many as you have fishing poles, I guess.

He has no problem whatsoever with my using, so I know he was just curious, as I do have a few. I just found it funny.

However, this has the potential to work the other way. I really wouldn't want him questioning how much fabric or beads I have... but I will never give him crap about his woodworking!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@WakeAndVape yesterday I was walking down the garden to set up this picture
HUX0zfi.jpg

I noticed the brand spanker of a cap was loose and thought I'd better squeeze that or it'll be off.
I look down and it's gone, I spent ages combing the fresh cut lawn for it. Chuntering at myself 'you cock', I looked for an age and even went out with a flashlight when it was dark to see if it would glint in the beam.
Not a chance, gone. Even thought about getting @Ruta round with his metal detector.

This morning I put my work trousers on and checked the pockets again just in case, even tho I'd pulled the pockets inside out several times.
I looked down and thought 'I wonder?'
Guess where I found it
zGIl9jX.jpg

There's magic in them caps, no doubt.

Had a few bowls with the M and as an entry level to the DV range it's great, breathes a lot easier than the OG and feels bomb proof.
Nice weight to it and the MP is nicely finished. I know it adds to the overall production costs but the MP makes it look much better than just a plain piece of tube.

A different experience to the Ti, so far I've found it to be a more 'sedate' bowl.
I've moved the X ring to make it carbless and I'll keep trying the pair of them side by side in different stems and see if I can work out how to word it.

My green package from @VapCap contained a number of shiny things so I can offer up some spares to anyone in the UK, and that other place nearby.

George and all the team @VapCap HQ, many, many thanks.

@stardustsailor PM me the length of condenser you need if you can't find any a bit more local.

@PeteSeattle looks nice, how about carbless as well then you've no need to worry about the glass going out of round as much or putting the hole in.
Can I have half a dozen like this, please.
lsD9kSw.jpg

@stark1 nice cigarette holder if only we knew some one with a laser and CNC machinery.
If I had the means to make something similar I'd be turning a Blackwood stem and piercing the gold thru so you could see the wood under it.

2 Cycle

I like my vapcap m but still trying to learn proper technique. I know I am getting medicated and I get visible vapor on the second and third click but this thing isn't blowing me away as of yet but I am patient. I was wondering if I needed to be holding the carb but there is literally no air flow when I do so. I have a feeling all will click the more I use it but haven't been vaping much anyways because of work so it is tough

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I like my vapcap m but still trying to learn proper technique. I know I am getting medicated and I get visible vapor on the second and third click but this thing isn't blowing me away as of yet but I am patient. I was wondering if I needed to be holding the carb but there is literally no air flow when I do so. I have a feeling all will click the more I use it but haven't been vaping much anyways because of work so it is tough

Give it time, practice and a little patience. Truth be told I had an OG and wasn't too impressed. Pulled it out and played with it every now and again. After a couple months of that (and reading here), I got to like it and picked up my first Ti Woody. Nice, and used it even more - but still not in my first tier. Then.... something just happened and I got a better feel for it. Have picked up a few other VCs since which helps me keep VC in my daily rotation. Maybe not every single day, but has been at least 6 months that I'm hitting on one at least 4-5 times a week. Usually double or triple that!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was wondering if I needed to be holding the carb but there is literally no air flow when I do so.
Yep. Ya gotta. You actually are probably getting some air flow rather than none, and that is how these guys work. You have to mouth (cigar) pump the device. It may help to try it in front of a mirror. Once you get the hang of it you will probably like it a lot, but it takes many a little while. My own experience is very similar to @flotntoke above. Once I figured it out I became a huge fan...

I DON'T want to block the air hole permanently, tho. I like pulling in air that way, especially after the click.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

OldCombustor

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
when I first tried the vapcap I didn't like it at all.

My buddy loved his, but I didn't like it...

I started to use it to do a review... and that's when it 'clicked' for me (literally)

now I vapcap faithfully on the daily.
Thanks!

$60!!?! WHOA!

Nice glass though.
or you can get plastic doob tubes for a dollar. try delta3dstudios.com

needalift

when I first tried the vapcap I didn't like it at all.

My buddy loved his, but I didn't like it...

I started to use it to do a review... and that's when it 'clicked' for me (literally)

now I vapcap faithfully on the daily.

or you can get plastic doob tubes for a dollar. try delta3dstudios.com

Agreed with the doob tubes . If I'm not carrying my dynastash , I have a doob tube !!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@PeteSeattle I've got a laptop in the house and one in the shed both loaded with pictures for inspiration.
I've lost hours to Google Images.

It was listed as Art Deco and less than a millimetre wall thickness, under 8mm at the hot end so I made an adapter for it.

It's my favorite VC stem but I don't use it, kept safe until I get some time to make a fancy wood and glass display case for it. It needs a nice finned Ti adapter making for it. George:brow:.

The only bad part about it is how well it feels in the hand, it inspires confidence when you hold it.
My heart races every time I let some touch it. So, so delicate.

This will put into context for you Pete, 11.5cm long and....
VgspQSe.jpg

2nd gen Ti with 0.5mm carbed Black an White Ebony adapter
Quick edit that's 6.31g,

Last edited:

PeteSeattle

@PeteSeattle I've got a laptop in the house and one in the shed both loaded with pictures for inspiration.
I've lost hours to Google Images.

It was listed as Art Deco and less than a millimetre wall thickness, under 8mm at the hot end so I made an adapter for it.

It's my favorite VC stem but I don't use it, kept safe until I get some time to make a fancy wood and glass display case for it. It needs a nice finned Ti adapter making for it. George:brow:.

The only bad part about it is how well it feels in the hand, it inspires confidence when you hold it.
My heart races every time I let some touch it. So, so delicate.

This will put into context for you Pete, 11.5cm long and....
VgspQSe.jpg

2nd gen Ti with 0.5mm carbed Black an White Ebony adapter
Wow. Thanks for the dimensions. Your video helped with the size ratio. Less than a mm thick ... yeah. I'd be delicate with it too. That's a great shape to practice. You may see some clear knock offs.

Whissmu

Where does that tube herb container come from? Cute!

These are: http://www.ebay.es/itm/401058636355?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT I mention them time back in the thread of the vaponic as my usual replacement, I currently carry several strains in different tubes.
image.jpg

Thanks @SloJimFizz for your comments, your last answer -> has been the best !! I still laugh at the thought and without medication :rofl:
Thank you @needalift for your help :tup:, I am afraid that when manipulating the tip TI rings will break or rub, I prefer not to touch, and clean instead of rinsing in iso :nope:

thanks guys!! :clap:

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
soak all parts in iso. make sure there is no resin at all which is not hard.

for an extra measure you can place it in tobacco pouch with some tobacco for the complete kit look.

I've traveled with my OG a few times. put it right on the side of my bag.

or you can always disassemble it and scatter the pieces between your personals.
You wouldn't be able to bring the torch right ..? Would you just use a lighter? Is the soot that would build on the cap from a lighter cleanable? Considering doing this when I go to Oregon ... idk which of my vapes is easiest to travel with ... solo 2, GH ... hmm

Farid

I definitely get better results spinning in one direction versus the back and fourth method shown in the above video. I used that method for a long time until Dynavap released a video showing the one directional spinning. It takes a while to get used to, but now it's second nature, and actually easier than the old method I used.

I also think heating past the click is a bad idea, and that you're entering dangerous territory when you do so. I almost never combust since I stopped heating past the click. Doing the 1 directional spinning I mentioned above makes it heat more evenly, and I never find I need to heat past the second click. With the back and fourth heating you create a hotspot at the place where you turn.

Top Bottom