needalift

Thanks, but that hasn't helped me answer why the cap is attracting / sitting to the edge of my magnets and not in the middle... Probably my own stupidity I'm sure..
Your magnet is diametrically magnetized and th e cap is only going to attract to one pole . You need axially magnetized magnets so that the pole that attract the cap is on one side of the magnet instead of split down the middle . I think I worded that right .

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Hi Guys,
Concerning DIY projects, as I ordered an Omni Condencer but have no body in 45mm (i tought the glass of the OG would fit).
I have set myself the goal of making one by myself.
I have swept the various option easily (saw a driptip of ecig seems to be able to do the trick, but one must have confience to materials such as aluminium or plastic).
At work i have access (not officially) to wooden oldschool stamps like this one :

img-20170505-104016_imagesia-com_1dypd_large.jpg

Is it enough to fit it to the size of 45mm and drill it to 8mm internal diameter so that would fits well ?
Do I have to drill an air hole too ?
Can i trust this wood or the varnish that surrounds it ? (This stamp must be from the 60's)..
I have used unconventional things to vape with. I do avoid materials that are suspect and use foodsafe materials. The Wood varnish might not breakdown enough to be a huge prob, but it isn't foodsafe like say beeswax and mineral oil. It won't be getting any real heat, but the wood inside your stamp will get dirty. Is the wood foodsafe?

Not trying to discourage, but asking myself the normal questions I ask myself before entering into a project.

Carb hole is a matter of preference. I have my 'M' stuffed in an SSV wand and it works great without a carb. Perhaps being the right dimension to get the pull strength needed? Not sure where you can put one without causing some sort of split.

Plus you are using an Omni condenser so you will need the proper spacing for it to work. Otherwise good luck with your project.

I want to get a wooden J-hook arrangement for my 'M' for on the road. Broke my fragile glass j-hooks already and they are not all that transportable. Can't even survive a 3 foot drop.:cuss:

To those looking for a carb solution, A silicone strip does it all. Covers the hole, keeps the cap from falling off, you can customize your own holes. Easier to grip and use your VC. Maybe a pen clip might work as a carb hole. As soon as I find one myself. :peace:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Your magnet is diametrically magnetized and th e cap is only going to attract to one pole . You need axially magnetized magnets so that the pole that attract the cap is on one side of the magnet instead of split down the middle . I think I worded that right .

Thanks. My cap will stick to the outer edge of my magnets a full 360* same of both flat sides. so i don't think that's the problem. Looking at that link it seems more like i have arc magnets with the wrong way round polarity...
I'm happy to buy n try some, I'm just hoping to gain a medium understanding of what i might be looking for. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll find the answers I'm looking for somewhere on the interwebs..

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
I have used unconventional things to vape with. I do avoid materials that are suspect and use foodsafe materials. The Wood varnish might not breakdown enough to be a huge prob, but it isn't foodsafe like say beeswax and mineral oil. It won't be getting any real heat, but the wood inside your stamp will get dirty. Is the wood foodsafe?

Not trying to discourage, but asking myself the normal questions I ask myself before entering into a project.

Just want to throw it out there that food safe is NOT automatically interchangeable with being safe for your respiratory system.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Just want to throw it out there that food safe is NOT automatically interchangeable with being safe for your respiratory system.
Thanks for making that distinction. Also some foodsafe materials breakdown over time and/or wear. Perhaps leaving smaller particles. As an example not being 'respiratory' safe, but foodsafe 'technically'.

Dynalowrider

mrb, if you want to have the cap in the middle of your magnet, then mount the mag on edge. It's how the magnetic field forms in the magnet. It isn't going to work with your magnets. You need axially magnetized magnets like needalift said to get them in the middle. I think this calls for "Wikipedia" to understand. Doc

Lykosa

Hi all been awhile since I've been on here but last night stupidly took my Vong apart and for some reason can't get it to go back how it was any tips?
Thanks
Edit trying to put a pic up but won't let me log in to my photo bucket at the moment.
https://anonimag.es/image/JT9s3pl

Alrighty.

The tip and condenser are separate pieces, they don't jam together, so start by separating them.

One of the X rings should be slightly bigger than the other one. Put the smaller one on the notch at the end of the condenser tube, slide your mouthpiece on behind it and then fit the slightly larger x ring on the notch behind the mouthpiece, then just slide the whole condenser assembly Into the tapered end of the body.

Then just insert the tip into the other end of the body. Simples!

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I'll get in this imaginary line brewing here line for one that will hold my Nonavong XLS and my single flame torch. In Koa would be a dream for the Uke nut in me. Nice work sir! Who deems one accessory maker round here?

For those who have both a NonaVong body and a regular body, which do you prefer to hold when you're using your dry?

Nonavong body is easier to hold, spin, and find the carb both as an XLS and on the normal condenser.
I do like the more discreet regular body out and about.

Oh.. well shit. lol.

One would think that a piece advertised as fitting with 14mm glass joints would be designed to... well... fit inside a 14mm glass joint lmao.

The Nonavong stem (without mouthpiece) nestles into my 14mm female right about 1 inch (25.4 mm), so if you got just the Burl Nonavong, you should be good to go with that water piece you were looking at.
If you got an XLS Burl Nonavong, it may not seal.

rustypeb

Alrighty.

The tip and condenser are separate pieces, they don't jam together, so start by separating them.

One of the X rings should be slightly bigger than the other one. Put the smaller one on the notch at the end of the condenser tube, slide your mouthpiece on behind it and then fit the slightly larger x ring on the notch behind the mouthpiece, then just slide the whole condenser assembly Into the tapered end of the body.

Then just insert the tip into the other end of the body. Simples!
That's perfect thank you wondered why the condencer seemed too short.
Have it put all back together now thanks for all the tips :)

cow-a-bunga

ohooooooooooo, this is perfect. Just home from work this Friday afternoon and I found a green envelope in my mail box. My first ever vapcap's have landed! OmniTi, M and OG Glass. I wasn't expecting delivery before next week. To top it off they slipped unnoticed through customs, even if the envelope had the values declared.

I've cleaned the Omni with alcohol and q-tips. As with most vapes, there were some machining lube left over from production.
b8n5m9.jpg

I'm no longer a VC virgin. After 1 cap with the Omni, I'm very impressed, and baked, and the taste...wow. My medium/low quality herb actually tasted good. I think I overdid the heating a little as I didn't wait for the cool-down-click before applying more heat for the second draw. A very dense cloud followed, I thought I had combusted, and had to cough a few times. I did 3 more draws before I emptied the vc. The ABV was medium brown and nowhere near combustion.

I need to experiment and practice more to be able to ride this tiny monster as intended, but I can already say VC is my favorite portable vaporizer.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
ohooooooooooo, this is perfect. Just home from work this Friday afternoon and I found a green envelope in my mail box. My first ever vapcap's have landed! OmniTi, M and OG Glass. I wasn't expecting delivery before next week. To top it off they slipped unnoticed through customs, even if the envelope had the values declared.

I've cleaned the Omni with alcohol and q-tips. As with most vapes, there were some machining lube left over from production.
b8n5m9.jpg

I'm no longer a VC virgin. After 1 cap with the Omni, I'm very impressed, and baked, and the taste...wow. My medium/low quality herb actually tasted good. I think I overdid the heating a little as I didn't wait for the cool-down-click before applying more heat.

I need to experiment more, but I can already say VC is my favorite portable vaporizer.

DV should consider going the extra step, and have the machined parts dipped clean for the happy
Buyer. Just my :2c:, for QC....

On a side note, they prolly busted their butts with the inhuman rush to get the mounting orders out for the 4:20 sale. Yes?

Last edited:

stressed

i'm one step closer. arielle told me they ran out of the wood i asked for for the dynastash xm and would i like to go with leopard wood. which i like better anyway.

i ordered on the 22nd so i'm slowly creeping up to the finish line.

slowly i turned
step by step
inch by inch

florduh

I'm expecting delivery of a new condenser and mouthpiece that will transform my TI Woody into an XLS. Dynavap doesn't sell a plastic tube that fits the XLS, do they? Does anyone know of an alternative?

florduh,
Reactions: grokit

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
DV should consider going the extra step, and have the machined parts dipped clean for the happy
Buyer. Just my :2c:, for QC....

I agree. Most people aren't as knowledgeable as the people on here and will likely just use their vapcap without cleaning or any burnoffs.

Not a bad idea I guess, but sure to slow production and getting those orders out - something I think means a great deal to many - I know it does to me. And, probable increase to DV production cost, so possible price increases.

I'm going to clean mine before use either way. Just that my cleaning tools and solutions wouldn't be as dark after.

Maybe it's just my old age or something else, but I don't think "knowledgeable" really comes into the equation. It baffles me how anyone could get anything they are going to be putting in their mouth (let alone vaping through!) that they wouldn't clean first. Someone just gave me a cool new coffee mug as a gift. I of course washed it well before using. Doesn't everyone else do the same? I've never been accused of being a clean freak or germaphobic - quite the opposite usually. Isn't it just common sense to wash shit before you stick it in your mouth? :shrug:

florduh

Yes, they do.

Is it a special order? I see the green and purple storage tubes available, but there's no dimensions. My purple tube fits the TI Woody snugly. So adding a mouthpiece would cause it to no longer fit.

florduh,

Putricio

I got my OG Vapcap (V2 with 2 carb holes) earlier this week but haven't used it as I'm waiting for a three flame torch lighter to be delivered later today. Is there anything different I need to know about the V2 as compared to the V1? I figured if I like the OG, I'll eventually upgrade to the M. Thank you in advance.

stressed

I got my OG Vapcap (V2 with 2 carb holes) earlier this week but haven't used it as I'm waiting for a three flame torch lighter to be delivered later today. Is there anything different I need to know about the V2 as compared to the V1? I figured if I like the OG, I'll eventually upgrade to the M. Thank you in advance.

you got it and didn't try to use it immediately after cleaning? matches, normal lighter, stove top... negged!

:nope:

stark1

Lonesome Planet

You may want to cover at least one of the holes.....

A little too much rush of air intake, otherwise....

But it does look kool...

Last edited:
Top Bottom