GeeWhiz

The inside diameter of a stem or body must be 8mm wide in order to accommodate the titanium tip.

The regular Omnivap takes a 45mm long body in order to fit the Omni condenser.

The Omni XL takes a 62mm long stem in order to fit the length of the Omni XL condenser.

What makes the Omni an Omni is the Omni condenser.

A regular ss condenser used in the other ti tipped models is not adjustable and is held in place with x-orings. The mouthpiece simply slips onto the condenser.

The Omni condenser is different. It is threaded and screws into the titanium mouthpiece. The tip end of the condenser is tapered and fits up into the the tip. Turn the mp one way and you increase the airflow. Turn the other way and you have a greater air restriction.

Here is George's explanation.

Here is a post describing the titanium tipped vap cap parts in more detail.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793
I am not sure why I am having such difficulty describing my question. I think its my lack of engineering :)

So my question is as I understand it. What is the the need for the condenser? It appears the condenser ends at different lengths depending on what model you have. Also the Omni changes the distance of the condenser to the tip for effectiveness ( harshness etc...). I do not at this point see the relevance of the condenser since the actual distance to the tip changes the profile but does not reduce production.

Having said that why could I not make an extended body without the condenser?

It does not seem relevant to the production but rather only toward the flavor profile of the weed.

comments? Thanks. Sorry if I am misunderstanding some basic concept. I saw georges Video on this but it seems it does not answer this question other than in some round about way saying "It decreases harshness"?

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
The common parts of all ti tipped Vapcaps are the:
- Cap
- Tip
- Screen

The rest of the parts determine the model and style, be it a short bodied Ti Woody S, or an Omnivap XL. These "other parts" are the;
- Midsection - Body or stem. VonG or Straight.
- Condenser - regular or XL. Omni regular or Omni XL.
- Mouthpiece for non Omni models.

So, if you want to convert your Woody to an Omni XL, this is what you will need:
- A stem midsection. Your Woody from the campaign should have a 62mm stem midsection. This can be used on your Omni XL. Or you can order a new stem in the material or style of choice, like titanium, for example.
- XL Omni condenser with threaded titanium mouthpiece.

What sets the Omni apart from other ti tipped Vapcaps is that threaded Omni condenser/mouthpiece. So it is all you REALLY need to convert a Ti Woody to an Omni XL.

Here is a regular Omni beside a Ti Woody S. They are both the same length and both have BODY midsections.

(In your case, a Ti Woody and an Omni XL both would have STEM midsections, which are a bit longer, but the analogy is the same.)

oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled.
N7XGz1k.jpg

Here are the condensers dismantled.
1LObRIp.jpg

Another view.
aN0dRUc.jpg

Below is the Vapcap 101 parts post that further explains the Vapcap components.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

if you are calling indoors a bic or better yet a candle works just fine. It takes about 30 to heat the first cycle, so it is much slower. Keep the cap above the flame to avoid black suet buildup.

A stove element also works or the flame from a gas stove.

Thank you for summarizing this. It took me more than a couple weeks to figure this out myself. Definitely cleared some loose ends up I had left, but wasn't too worried about. To be clear you da WOman!

@Vapor_Eyes it's comments like yours that make me come to the realization that I will have more than a couple vapcaps. Still just rocking the Ti Glassy right now, but in time I'm feeling a omnivap, nonavong, a custom stem or two from @phattpiggie and @Winegums, and definitely at least one dynastasher. :rockon:

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I am not sure why I am having such difficulty describing my question. I think its my lack of engineering :)

So my question is as I understand it. What is the the need for the condenser? It appears the condenser ends at different lengths depending on what model you have. Also the Omni changes the distance of the condenser to the tip for effectiveness ( harshness etc...). I do not at this point see the relevance of the condenser since the actual distance to the tip changes the profile but does not reduce production.

Having said that why could I not make an extended body without the condenser?

It does not seem relevant to the production but rather only toward the flavor profile of the weed.

comments? Thanks. Sorry if I am misunderstanding some basic concept. I saw georges Video on this but it seems it does not answer this question other than in some round about way saying "It decreases harshness"?
Technically speaking you do not need the condenser. It just serves to almost "insulate" the vapor path and focus it. With a wood body the inside would quickly build up reclaim, and wood is hard to fully clean. Using the condenser means you only have to clean it, the wood body stays nice and clean. With a Ti or glass body it would be less of an issue.

I'm sure the condenser helps cool the vapor and might even improve the extraction process due to the inverse airflow it creates around the tip.

GeeWhiz

How about herb grinding? I read somewhere about not too fine a grind. I am thinking maybe this is why I am toasting so much with the Omni. I remember with the OG that all of the AVB looked even color. Now it appears uneven color and I seem to be struggling. Last night I tried with my one jet torch and it seemed to improve a bit from the 4 flame torch.

comments or suggestions on grinding and heating. I have read quite a bit about heating and I have some ideas but I really would love some input on grind.

thanks
GeeWhiz.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's been a while since I've posted a picture here. I've got an order in the works but I thought I'd take it back to where it all started, the OmniVap.

I guess I'm the type that likes to jump in the deep end, I went for the top of the line model for my first purchase. I wasn't worried about being disappointed because of all the positive reviews in this thread.

I had been watching the VapCap thread and was waiting for the Omni to come off of preorder status. Then one day, I got in, they had them available at Puffitup! A couple of days later I got to see what all the fuss was about. :luv:

IZ0RlBY.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

How about herb grinding? I read somewhere about not too fine a grind. I am thinking maybe this is why I am toasting so much with the Omni. I remember with the OG that all of the AVB looked even color. Now it appears uneven color and I seem to be struggling. Last night I tried with my one jet torch and it seemed to improve a bit from the 4 flame torch.

comments or suggestions on grinding and heating. I have read quite a bit about heating and I have some ideas but I really would love some input on grind.

thanks
GeeWhiz.
I use either a regular or fine grind and get even extraction with the Ti Woody XL. I've used a fine grind many times. Some just stick a small unground nug in the chamber but I got lousy performance the last time I did that.
I run an additional cotton filter which catches alot of crumbs from a fine grind, but it's worth it to me. Performance is great IME. The only time I've ever struggled was with an unground nug; its no different than any other conduction vape. If you don't break it up you're settling for less than the best performance.
The quad flame torch seems overkill unless it's really cold where you live and you're using it outside. My dual flame does the job perfectly. I don't move the lighter at all when heating, I spin the VC and the lighter stays in 1 position the whole time. How much herb do you use? Are you packing it to the brim? I only put .02-.03 in there, so i can't comment on what happens with alot more than that. But with my small amounts and technique I get thoroughly even extraction every time.
Maybe those small amounts mean that the material has room to move around in the chamber and it gets "auto-stirred" as you spin the VC?

Last edited:

Squiby

How about herb grinding?
I never grind. I don't even own a grinder.

Some just stick a small unground nug in the chamber
That's me! :wave: I keep my buds whole and come vape time (currently tracking to 5 minutes from now), I pick a flower out of its jar and just pry off a tiny nug and throw it in the Vapcap chamber. Simple, easy peasy and I have all the equipment I need for this task on me at all times.

I do microdose. I vape a tiny nug around 0.015 - 0.020 every few hours; the smallest possible amount that will keep me going. That small amount vapes evenly and thoroughly. I bet the size of a single nug for me may compare to a piece from ground flowers.

For pain and nausea, I vape larger amounts and just put additional tiny nugs in there.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I never grind. I don't even own a grinder.

That's me! :wave: I keep my buds whole and come vape time (currently tracking to 5 minutes from now), I pick a flower out of its jar and just pry off a tiny nug and throw it in the Vapcap chamber. Simple, easy peasy and I have all the equipment I need for this task on me at all times.

I do microdose. I vape a tiny nug around 0.015 - 0.020 every few hours; the smallest possible amount that will keep me going. That small amount vapes evenly and thoroughly. I bet the size of a single nug for me may compare to a piece from ground flowers.

For pain and nausea, I vape larger amounts and just put additional tiny nugs in there.
Whole nugs in the Vapcap are amazing. No need to grind unless you want a single hit extraction.

I like to do a medium heat for the first cycle then pop the nug out and crush it in my palm before loading it back in. The second cycle is usually as thick or thicker than the first.

Lookatmeglow

Whole nugs in the Vapcap are amazing. No need to grind unless you want a single hit extraction.

I like to do a medium heat for the first cycle then pop the nug out and crush it in my palm before loading it back in. The second cycle is usually as thick or thicker than the first.

I don't get good results from nugs either, and I've tried many times. Fine grind works best for me, it's what I always aim for. I wish unground bits worked, it'd be a lot more convenient

This is why I love this community. There isn't a right and a wrong way to use these devices. There is a best way for each individual. I haven't tried the no grind yet, but I know tonight I will. :science: I have tried coarse, medium, and fine grind consistencies and like the medium most because it allows for a few heat cycles and even heating without stirring.

Fine gave me some very dark material and was a bit too close to combustion for my liking. Coarse worked and I didn't have to stir, but I felt like I couldn't take it quite as far as I like to. Could be my technique though.

No better place to learn what works for you best and I always feel like someone teaches me something new everyday.

I'm in a happy mood today, not sure why :hmm:, as I got no sleep last night and I will be working 12 hours today. But coming on here and seeing all these threads with people helping, learning, growing, everything. :cheers: Cheers everone!

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Today it was cleaning day for my Omnivap, and it's been two weeks since the last one, instead of my usual weekly cleaning.
I was sure it will be a big harvest so here is a little picture, and this one is for you @ClearBlueLou :cool:

IMG_5602.jpg

Coming from the end of the condenser, you can see a big blob of reclaim, next to 6 months of vapcap's reclaim (almost 5g).
All is reclaimed without solvent just by pushing the stuff outside with a brass stick. Then I store it for later, but this giant blob was to cool to let it pass, directly vaped after the shot Ahah :science:! :rofl:
Dude, you vaped 5gs of reclaimed goo???!?! THAT is hard-core.... I have scored none so far, tho I've been using mine daily for more than a month now...then again, I find there's little match-up between "how much vapor (or other trace)" and the height of the lift...I just keep doing it until the bowl is the right (dark) color, then start on another bowl.

I seem to get more predictable results from using my regular grinder; I have a coarser piece, but that hasn't turned to my benefit. I find my only nug success w/ DRY material.

Still, only a month...much to learn

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
This is why I love this community. There isn't a right and a wrong way to use these devices. There is a best way for each individual. I haven't tried the no grind yet, but I know tonight I will. :science: I have tried coarse, medium, and fine grind consistencies and like the medium most because it allows for a few heat cycles and even heating without stirring.

Fine gave me some very dark material and was a bit too close to combustion for my liking. Coarse worked and I didn't have to stir, but I felt like I couldn't take it quite as far as I like to. Could be my technique though.

No better place to learn what works for you best and I always feel like someone teaches me something new everyday.

I'm in a happy mood today, not sure why :hmm:, as I got no sleep last night and I will be working 12 hours today. But coming on here and seeing all these threads with people helping, learning, growing, everything. :cheers: Cheers everone!

Well said! I like to mix it up. Sometimes nug, sometimes ground - but never too fine for me. I think some of the performance with different grinds or none is related to technique, and definitely related to material.

Lookatmeglow

Omninonavong? Nonavongomni?
Whatever it's called, I think this is my favorite configuration currently. The precision airflow of the Omni,combined with the organic feeling and highly functional nonavong, it's just so damn cool I can't put it down!

I forgot to ask on reddit, does the omninonavong (yeah definitely going to go with ONVG) fit a dynastasher?

@flotntoke I would agree. The various grind consistencies, at least in my experience, require different torching techniques for the best results. Fine worked, but I could tell I was on the edge of combustion more than once. Definitely do not want that. With coarse, I think just a second or two past the click would have been perfect. Maybe if I try it with the single flame for some additional control it will work better.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I forgot to ask on reddit, does the omninonavong (yeah definitely going to go with ONVG) fit a dynastasher?
I cannot say for sure, as I don't have a dynastash. I think I heard George say the 14mm should fit most dynastashs. I have a couple cheap dugouts I drilled out and added magnets to, but they only fit my woody, and omni with ti body.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

@flotntoke I would agree. The various grind consistencies, at least in my experience, require different torching techniques for the best results. Fine worked, but I could tell I was on the edge of combustion more than once. Definitely do not want that. With coarse, I think just a second or two past the click would have been perfect. Maybe if I try it with the single flame for some additional control it will work better.
They won't fit the stashes out in the wild now but I believe they have the tools to accommodate such a request. I could be wrong but that's how it seemed to me in an interaction with Matt.
I cannot say for sure, as I don't have a dynastash. I think I heard George say the 14mm should fit most dynastashs. I have a couple cheap dugouts I drilled out and added magnets to, but they only fit my woody, and omni with ti body.
Your stashes are awesome! :rockon:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@needalift there is no carb, the resistance is the same for me no matter how long.
I've noticed a difference in performance tho which I can't really explain.
I'm assuming that the longer length accelerates the vapor speed, the longer the stem the more time it has to speed up. It could just be a placebo but I'm not the only one to have noticed.

On the 'grind or not' thing.
I've been 'ripping and stuffing' the last few days.
My regular loads are sucked into the tip but in the name of idleness I've been getting nugs and just stuffing them in.
Not enough to effect the draw but enough that the load feels solid and has not got the give a vacc'd load has.
Like chalk and cheese, the stuffed bowls last much longer and taste better for longer. Empty out shows a lite color in the centre of the nug, crushed up and back in the bowl for another cycle or two.
I get good results and satisfying vapor no matter how I load a bowl.

@Vapor_Eyes I've still to buy a piece of glass to hone that triple 18mm.
This however has given me a run for my money, it's like a joint in that I can put it down and come back to it as and when or you could pass it round friends.
The vapor production is massive.
u0gQGpG.jpg

in8won

Live every day like you are on vacation
Hi All, I'm still loving my ti-woody & silver surfer. The ti-woody is amazing at how well it gives hits and how conservative it is with your herb. Thanks you very much @VapCap. I am going to buy another dynavap for a close friend and I'm thinking of instead selling them mine and buying an omnivap. So my question is to all those that have had both or just the omni. Should I buy an omni or another ti-woody?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
As an omni owner I'd have to say, go for....the omni!

I love mine and am gearing up for another :brow:

I use a coarse grind, I grab a bud from the jar and grind enough for the night. This dries the material out a bit more which seems to improve the vapour a little.

Because I now know after extensive testing :D that the AVB is even all the way through all I have to do is pop the cap off and immediately I can see how dark the AVB is.

Squiby

The precision airflow of the Omni,combined with the organic feeling and highly functional nonavong, it's just so damn cool I can't put it down!

I guess you know that that can lead to intoxication? :shrug:

does the omninonavong (yeah definitely going to go with ONVG) fit a dynastasher?
Yes. Likely. George said the NonaVonG will fit in all current generation and most older generation Dynastashes.

So my question is to all those that have had both or just the omni. Should I buy an omni or another ti-woody?
I think that everyone should have an Omnivap. It is a precision milled, beautifully engineered, built tough marvel. The Omni will be working when all others wear out, crap out or just die. Think about who you might leave this treasure to in your will...

Top Bottom