GeeWhiz

Dynavap: I absolutely love your products but I thought I would mention my ordering experience. I am so glad to see the growth your company has had over the past two years and I wish you the best. Please just read over and if there is something for you as a takeaway thats fine. If not all cool. I still love your products and your story. Keep up the quality craftsmanship. I will continue to be a customer.

I have really been loving the vapcap and just got my omni in the mail on Saturday. Special thanks to everyone at Dynavap for getting me my order out in a timely manner. I was kinda frustrated however with the ordering process. Initially I had ordered the OG Glass in January and I was overwhelmed with its efficiency. I used it for about a week and accidentally broke the body when cleaning. I bought it from puff it up so i did not expect to get a replacement. It took me about a month to order the omni. I realized that if I ordered the glass only it would cost 7.00 shipping so I figured. Why not just order it all at once.

When I ordered Last Tuesday I was unable to create an account so I had to order with out signing up. At the end of the process I was surprised to see I was not able to choose shipping options (I might have missed it. I was not smoking :) ) and then I was not able to send a note to accompany the order to ask for quicker shipping. It was not that big of a deal other than by the time I sent about 5 emails back and forth.. it was already Friday the 24th. Strangely.. even though I had gotten an email saying they were waiting on my shipping options to which i responded, I got another notice later friday saying "sorry your order has already been mailed" and an unexpected offer to replace my broken glass part on my next order. I was happy it had been mailed and for the kind offer.

I had gone to the site a few times trying to find a phone number to call but did not locate it. I was confused when I clicked contact us and all it provided was a link to the bottom of the home page where it appeared to me you could only write a note. I tried to write a note but it said that the email address was not good. It was on Friday I finally noticed that the logo that said "719-Dynavap" was the phone number. The color and blend made it difficult to realize it was the phone number. Classy logo .. Im just saying I had difficulty finding a phone number.

I got the Omni on Saturday and the other parts I had ordered which I thought were 1. a glass body and two glass condenser inserts. I was confused why you could buy a glass body and two condensers for the same price as the whole glass one.. but I found out when I got the package :) I had ordered the TI Glassy. (Ok that is on me.. i did not read it well) instead of the OG vapcap body. I was still cool. I saw it as my issue.

I went to order some screens, some O rings and I thought I would ask for the extra glass body I had been offered. I tried to create an account prior to placing this order but it would not let me stating I needed to use a different email address (just a standard gmail address) So once again I had to order without setting up an account and there was no option to send a message with the order. I think that the site does not let you use the same address for an account as you have already used for an order without an account. I immediately wrote the person who had handled my previous order to mention the glass body. I had an email within a short while from another person (makes sense since they were probably working on production). I right away emailed them stating that I had placed an order and that the other person ( i gave the name) had told me they would send me the glass body at no charge.

Im sure this will all get worked out. I am only writing because i have been a production manager and I am aware of growing pains. If these difficulties are all pretty much my fault then fair enough. As I said up top, if there is something you can glean from this then thats cool.

Greg

The body would need to be 45mm in length. I don't know the ID off the top of my head. But in answer, if the body is too long than the omni condenser won't be able to adjust the airflow

Ok thanks for the input. I was actually wondering how much the vaporizing process is somehow interupted without the perfect distance. Ie.. i accidentally ordered the TI Glass body as I mentioned above obviously it fits on the omni tip and condenser but the distance to the chamber is no quite a bit longer from the end of the condenser tube. It might effect flavor and "harshness" as they mention in the videos but is it basically not affecting the vapor production.

I aint no engineer so :) just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Ok thanks for the input. I was actually wondering how much the vaporizing process is somehow interupted without the perfect distance. Ie.. i accidentally ordered the TI Glass body as I mentioned above obviously it fits on the omni tip and condenser but the distance to the chamber is no quite a bit longer from the end of the condenser tube. It might effect flavor and "harshness" as they mention in the videos but is it basically not affecting the vapor production.

I aint no engineer so :) just wondering.
The cap and tip are where the vapour production is done. The Omni is all about airflow and reducing harshness.

GeeWhiz

The cap and tip are where the vapour production is done. The Omni is all about airflow and reducing harshness.
I think I am still getting used to the omni since it appears that my OG was milder. I noticed that the glass TI tube I had worked fine but i combusted material for the first time ever when I was using it. I mean I know that the conduction/convection takes place in the tip and that the rest is technically air flow. But i thought it strange :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Some folk may have seen that one or two of these Black caps went out.
The blacking process made them not stay in place, the click would make them jump and if inverted they'd slip right off the Ti.
TOZd0Dd.jpg

The process used changed the properties of the SS so it now has too much spring and it will not deform and grip the Ti.
They look really, really nice and I've spoken to George to see if there would be a way round this.
Well today I found a way to make sure it stays in place and so far so good.
vLGa5u1.jpg

The way the internals are done makes them really magnetic.
2VAsdXL.jpg

I shall be using it full time to make sure it's going to work and talking with @VapCap to see what he thinks, I know DV have plenty on at the moment but perhaps something for the future, the caps look great and when paired with a dark wood finish the whole thing off. It'd be a shame not to sell them.
1ld5L0a.jpg

Squiby

If want to make my own Omni stem.. what are my options on size? I mean does the condenser have to be the exact measurement to the tip to be able to work right? What if my body is longer

The inside diameter of a stem or body must be 8mm wide in order to accommodate the titanium tip.

The regular Omnivap takes a 45mm long body in order to fit the Omni condenser.

The Omni XL takes a 62mm long stem in order to fit the length of the Omni XL condenser.

What makes the Omni an Omni is the Omni condenser.

A regular ss condenser used in the other ti tipped models is not adjustable and is held in place with x-orings. The mouthpiece simply slips onto the condenser.

The Omni condenser is different. It is threaded and screws into the titanium mouthpiece. The tip end of the condenser is tapered and fits up into the the tip. Turn the mp one way and you increase the airflow. Turn the other way and you have a greater air restriction.

Here is George's explanation.

Here is a post describing the titanium tipped vap cap parts in more detail.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

lemmeadem

Been hammering my new tip lately in the interest of science :science: and have to say I didn't think I'd see a tip upgrade as worth it but the contrast is stark - both carb closed is where the difference really makes itself known. My first gen omni tip is so hard to draw on you have to mouthpull when the carb is closed - it's obvious the radiation and conduction aspect of the design take centre stage with this tip. The new tip on the other hand is akin to a late model solo - a touch of restriction but enough give to feel the convective aspect coming to the forefront.

All in all, incredibly surprised and happy with what George and the like have been working on and can definitely say if you're rocking a tip from a few generations ago, the upgrade is worth it and almost essential for water.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
All I have to say is that I love my OmniVap. Once I got the airflow adjusted its just been an exercise in learning how to flame it correctly. This was learned easily and quickly which makes the DynaVap the best butane powered vap I have ever used.

I like to extract my bowl in two hits. When I warm the bowl for the first hit I keep everything spinning, moving the flame up and down, heating the base a bit, then I even pause for a second to let that heat sink in for a moment. Basically just manipulating when my VapCap is going to click, and the heat will be enough to deliver the medication extraction I require, so I get the results I want.

Thank you @VapCap :)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Here's the latest off the lathe. I'm not entirely happy with the Walnut as I thought it had more potential, but alas the figuring in the wood was quite shallow. The other two blanks turned out stunning, I'm really liking the second piece of laminate I made. It's hard not to keep some of these as I make them, but one can only use one Vapcap at a time.

25q98hy.jpg

hoyo77

Vapcaps come in two lengths; 3.5 inches long and 4.25 inches long. The regular Omnivap is 3.5" and is listed for sale on the website. The Omnivap XL is 4.25 and is available on request.

Here's a picture of them side by side.

IMG_20160826_131132151_zpsxy9jf6f2.jpg
Due to some CNC machine stuff they are not going to have the titanium omni for a bit...that is the one i wanted.....aaaaargh

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Since i got the v3 TI tips, the VC has become my daily driver. Still using Hopper on the move for stealth but for the moment the VC with 18mm Wong and Omni are taking the majority of my use at home. Zion, Herbie, and Evo are getting a bit neglected at the moment.

Squiby

think i read in a post where they said this is the leggo of vapes
Due to some CNC machine stuff they are not going to have the titanium omni for a bit...that is the one i wanted.....aaaaargh

Well, that's a drag...:(

In the mean time, while you wait, you can always order a Ti Woody and order a titanium stem and Omni condenser later when they're available.

After all, the Vapcap is LEGO for stoners.:clap:

hoyo77

Ok so they are not going to have titanium omni's for a bit.....i am wondering
Well, that's a drag...:(

In the mean time, while you wait, you can always order a Ti Woody and order a titanium stem and Omni condenser later when they're available.

After all, the Vapcap is LEGO for stoners.:clap:
I already have a Ti woody...i was part of the original campaign when these first came out. Thinking about ordering the parts for an XL omni and getting a custom stem from @phattpiggie....to whom i sent a pm. then when the cnc gets right i will get the full titanium. @Squiby if you dont mind could you tell me the parts i would need to order from dynavap to make my own omni. i am pretty sure i know what i need to get but i always appreciate a knowledgeable second opinion.

Squiby

could you tell me the parts i would need to order from dynavap to make my own omni.

The common parts of all ti tipped Vapcaps are the:
- Cap
- Tip
- Screen

The rest of the parts determine the model and style, be it a short bodied Ti Woody S, or an Omnivap XL. These "other parts" are the;
- Midsection - Body or stem. VonG or Straight.
- Condenser - regular or XL. Omni regular or Omni XL.
- Mouthpiece for non Omni models.

So, if you want to convert your Woody to an Omni XL, this is what you will need:
- A stem midsection. Your Woody from the campaign should have a 62mm stem midsection. This can be used on your Omni XL. Or you can order a new stem in the material or style of choice, like titanium, for example.
- XL Omni condenser with threaded titanium mouthpiece.

What sets the Omni apart from other ti tipped Vapcaps is that threaded Omni condenser/mouthpiece. So it is all you REALLY need to convert a Ti Woody to an Omni XL.

Here is a regular Omni beside a Ti Woody S. They are both the same length and both have BODY midsections.

(In your case, a Ti Woody and an Omni XL both would have STEM midsections, which are a bit longer, but the analogy is the same.)

oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled.
N7XGz1k.jpg

Here are the condensers dismantled.
1LObRIp.jpg

Another view.
aN0dRUc.jpg

Below is the Vapcap 101 parts post that further explains the Vapcap components.

Been traveling so no butane jet Lighters allowed on planes means no VC. Anyone have a solution?
if you are calling indoors a bic or better yet a candle works just fine. It takes about 30 to heat the first cycle, so it is much slower. Keep the cap above the flame to avoid black suet buildup.

A stove element also works or the flame from a gas stove.

Last edited:

hoyo77

The common parts of all ti tipped Vapcaps are the:
- Cap
- Tip
- Screen

The rest of the parts determine the model and style, be it a short bodied Ti Woody S, or an Omnivap XL. These "other parts" are the;
- Midsection - Body or stem. VonG or Straight.
- Condenser - regular or XL. Omni regular or Omni XL.
- Mouthpiece for non Omni models.

So, if you want to convert your Woody to an Omni XL, this is what you will need:
- A stem midsection. Your Woody from the campaign should have a 62mm stem midsection. This can be used on your Omni XL. Or you can order a new stem in the material or style of choice, like titanium, for example.
- XL Omni condenser with threaded titanium mouthpiece.

What sets the Omni apart from other ti tipped Vapcaps is that threaded Omni condenser/mouthpiece. So it is all you REALLY need to convert a Ti Woody to an Omni XL.

Here is a regular Omni beside a Ti Woody S. They are both the same length and both have BODY midsections.

(In your case, a Ti Woody and an Omni XL both would have STEM midsections, which are a bit longer, but the analogy is the same.)

oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled.
N7XGz1k.jpg

Here are the condensers dismantled.
1LObRIp.jpg

Another view.
aN0dRUc.jpg

Below is the Vapcap 101 parts post that further explains the Vapcap components.

if you are calling indoors a bic or better yet a candle works just fine. It takes about 30 to heat the first cycle, so it is much slower. Keep the cap above the flame to avoid black suet buildup.

A stove element also works or the flame from a gas stove.
Thank you maam!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom