Squiby

what's the difference between the Omni and Ti?

Would I be able to use the gong piece with the Omni?

The Ti models and the Omni both have titanium chambers called ti tips. Ti tipped Vapcaps are all fully modular so components like the midsection bodies and stems, the mouthpieces and condensers are interchangeable to create different models.

What makes the Omni an Omni is the threaded Omni condenser and titanium mouthpiece. The mouthpiece threads onto the condenser and the degree with which you screw them together affects the air flow as the condenser is either pushed up into the ti tip or farther away from the tip.

Here is a Ti Woody S next to an Omnivap. Note that they are the same length. The midsections are 45mm long and are called bodies. Any 45mm long body will fit the Omni, be it a straight body or a VonG body.

oJ6ReoB.jpg

Here they are dismantled. You can see the threaded Omni condenser and mouthpiece compared to the regular condenser which uses x orings to hold the mp in place as well as the condenser positioned inside the body.

aN0dRUc.jpg

This shows the condensers and mps assembled. From here they just slip into the bodies and the tips are then slipped in from the other end.

N7XGz1k.jpg

Here is a link to a post on the various parts that will give you more info.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-335#post-1051793

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
@The Beagle Storm/Xmax 14mm adapter that I have works but only one out of the 2 I tried was the right fit

I managed to put together something similar last night with some adapter I had around but it turns out that my cap/tip combo offers a very restricted draw without the air coming from the carb hole.

Many mentioned butane vapes. Seemed like a step backwards to me

When I was choosing my first vape I had the same idea but after having to deal with the hassle of charging batteries and electronics failing I bought a Vapman as a backup unit and boom, never looked back.

I didn't clean my condenser other than wiping the tip end as it had a solid glob of resin hanging right off the end of it.

I did the same thing and just wiped the condenser on a little nug that went straight into the tip.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I managed to put together something similar last night with some adapter I had around but it turns out that my cap/tip combo offers a very restricted draw without the air coming from the carb hole.

When I was choosing my first vape I had the same idea but after having to deal with the hassle of charging batteries and electronics failing I bought a Vapman as a backup unit and boom, never looked back.

I did the same thing and just wiped the condenser on a little nug that went straight into the tip.

EWE, like a booger? :p :rofl:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
So, here it is...my VC-defloration!

Yesterday I got a package with an older version of the glassy Vap Cap S.

@vapen00b , thanks a lot for the loan w/o knowing us personally! You are truely an awesome guy. Thanks FC for making it possible to meet you!

First impression - pretty disappointed by the really strong draw resistance. Guess heavy suckling (closed throat) as smoking a pipe is more effective than a long directly inhaling draw?
Is draw resistance the same with newer versions, ti or omni?

Couldnt see any difference while using the carb hole until I detected, that I've assembled the O-rings wrong. The bigger one wasnt at the mp it was near the carb hole. After solving this problem fast tipping on the carb hole gave the VC of sorts a - tiny - turbo ;-)
Taste of first draw was pretty flavourful. Next ones with less flavour but no harshness, no popcorn and a lot of vapor for such a tiny bitch! I think I've to stop heating really at once after the click, no second more.
ABV very similar w/o stirring on the darker brown side - nice.

But fx were really astonishing! What a unpretentious heavy hitter!

Gave it a 2nd chance with some small pieces of bud, very good powered with some top-notch kief - yeahh, thats my hashbaby on the go for sure!

There seems a lot of experiences and learning waiting for me. Hope I'll getting more familar with this draw resistance :hmm:

So nice - ok this one not really ;-) - pretty small, discrete and handily.

Guess I need one, two, three...for my own playing in Legoland.

@phattpiggie Funny these two pur pipes I have my own for..?..nearly 20 years?

Guess I need your really pretty adapters too? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Ocelot

I have always soaked all my alcohol friendly parts in ISO to reclaim the oil from all my vapes, it's easy to get and cheap. I use a mason jar full of ISO to soak parts until the ISO is dark brown then filter through a coffee filter or cheese cloth into a Pyrex glass dish to evaporate.It's up to user preference how often u clean parts but I recommend ordering an extra condenser tube so you can keep one soaking while one is in use.

This is exactly what I do. Not a big fan of the flavor when revaped, but makes for great edibles!

Phatty08 said:
I recently ordered some or the degummed hemp fiber and I still find it tricky to use without airflow suffering but I'm still getting the hang of making the filters. It is still worth using because it keeps the condenser tube cleaner for longer but more importantly it is much easier to reclaim then soaking and evaporate. I put my filter under the screen and take it out when dirty and vape it either back in my TI woody or my underdog and it gives you really good effects.

I've just gotten some of that as well, haven't started to use it yet though as I don't want to mess up my reclaiming process, ha.

Squiby

my cap/tip combo offers a very restricted draw without the air coming from the carb hole.
pretty disappointed by the really strong draw resistance. Guess heavy suckling (closed throat) as smoking a pipe is more effective than a long directly inhaling draw?
After solving this problem fast tipping on the carb hole gave the VC of sorts a - tiny - turbo ;-)

There are a few things you can do to help create more air flow.
- pull the condenser slightly away from the tip.
- remove your cap and gently squeeze it out of round. It will grip the tip tighter but create a bit more space for heated air to travel under the cap and up into the herb chamber.
- pull the cap slightly away from the tip before heating.

The best toking approach for me has been the mouthpull technique. Cover the carb. Puff on your Vapcap as if it were a cigarette or as if you were pulling on a straw in a very thick milkshake. Pull/suck that vapor into your mouth. Then open the carb and draw in fresh air and open your mouth as you inhale the vapor and air into your lungs.

This creates a much smoother, cooler, thicker vapor and less irritating cough compared to a direct inhalation toke.

Condenser/carb function does have a turbo effect. When you cover the carb and toke, you are pulling vapor as hot air passes between the cap and the chamber and down through the herb and into the condenser.

When the carb is open, air passes between the body and the condenser, down to the tip, where it takes a 180° turn, which causes a turbulent backpressure and joins the vapor in traveling up the condenser to the mouthpiece.

davesmith

Glass Blower
What would you guys say the difference in performance/experience are between an og and a ti glassy? Thanks cappers

davesmith,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Dry bonging my Vapcap Ti through my waterpipe is deadly! I have never had a vapour experience so smooth. No need for water! It's also really cool to see such a little thing produce so much vapour.

I'm going to experiment with making a stem tonight.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Not a big fan of the flavor when revaped, but makes for great edibles!

I use the ethanol where I clean my glass parts to make QWET from my ABV, I'm not a fan of the flavor myself but if added to a bubbler bowl it's not so offensive and makes for a huge hit.

- pull the condenser slightly away from the tip.
- remove your cap and gently squeeze it out of round. It will grip the tip tighter but create a bit more space for heated air to travel under the cap and up into the herb chamber.
- pull the cap slightly away from the tip before heating.

I tried to deform my cap a little with no results, I'll try to pull the condenser and cap slightly away from the tip and see what happens. I like the airflow of my Omni, I set it at its "lighter" position when hitting it dry and a bit more restricted when using a bubbler but with the carb closed or without the condenser it's super tight.

The best toking approach for me has been the mouthpull technique.

I tried after reading a lot of praise here for this technique but I don't like it and prefer to directly inhale the vapor. I can see how it smoothes the vapor even more but luckily I don't need it.

Anyway thanks again Squiby for all your help.

A thing I'm starting to notice is how little grip offers the machining on the top section of the body. I would greatly prefer a more aggressive texture to help the rotation as I saw in a picture some pages ago. Maybe if (when) I'll be ordering something more from Dynavap I'll try to have a different body machined.

Last edited:

glassofraksi

Lost my CCD when cleaning. Anybody know a cheaper place to get them (dynavap has pack of 3 for $5 but that $7 shipping is killing me)?

glassofraksi,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Was so in awe with the COLORS! of anodized Ti that others flew, thought I would try,
without frying myself prematurely using high current electricity, I opted for a propane torch.

0liPhrz.jpg

MEH. NOT necessarily impressed with results.

& the o-rings can break, after many heating cycles( yes, I did take em all off, that's when it can happen ). Lesson learned.

7syR02b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom