almost there

Oh wow... if you never tried using a vapcap through water then you definitely need to make a waterpiece your next purchase :nod:. It can make weed that's slightly harsh soooo much smoother. It can even bring out or enhance certain flavors that you wouldn't have noticed before as well. I recently tried some ACDC I picked up from a local dispensary for the first time through my Omni and found that it was a little bitter/chemically tasting which was unusual, but through water it wasn't noticeable anymore.

If you're looking for something small, found this from a quick google search :lol:

rBVaGlVBm-uASzMnAAIAkF91mSE462.jpg
Hey @LowfiChill, that's a sweet little friend you have there. Any chance you can hit me with the link so I can grab me one? What's the best fit for it, woody stem, mp?

almost there,

copilot

After being told that my goods would be shipped NEXT week, I come home to find a note: they've shipped it already - thanks to the folks @ Dynavap: I confess I was having a case of 1/20 jitters, and am now relieved....

I think mine has been held up because of the dynastashER. They said in an email yesterday that they just got some in and would be shipping, but I haven't had any status change on my order yet.

Bad Ocelot

I found this thread after asking for recommendations for vaping hard hash, which seems to be one thing my mighty doesn't do well. after a brief learning curve (w/flower) with my Ti woody I finally tried it with some OG kush hard hash last night: success! with the CCD in the middle position, .05g of flattened/thin hash (thanks @Squiby for the suggestion) produced 6 big-cloud hits - this thing's efficient. flavor was pretty good, esp. on the earlier hits. if anyone's looking for a good tool for vaping hard hash, I agree: this is it.

I use mine exclusively for hash, works great. Sometimes I do have difficulty getting the hash to stay in place though. I've recently tried mashing it between two CCD's which works pretty well, but the CCD's get pretty messy. Will continue to dial my methods in though.

Bad Ocelot,

Phatty08

Lots of talk about water and glass usage lately so I thought I would share how I vap the cap through glass. I have a TI woody and use it in the dynastash on the go. At home I swap the standard condenser for the xls one then I put the ugly rubber OG mouthpiece over My beautiful burly one. It creates a perfect seal in all my 14mm pieces, and works perfectly but not pretty to look at.
To be honest and fair here I have never tried a VONG, though I still really want an omnivong. But I really like my setup because it allows you to SPIN the vapcap WHILE INSERTED into your glass. This improves ergonomics by a great deal for me. I work with my hands all day and always have, they get sore. Bongs and bubblers hold the vapcap for you while you only need to use the thumb and forefinger to spin it while heating, most comfortable IMO. The J hook provides a bigger handle to hold while again, using two fingers to spin, the other fingers to hold the hook while heating. It works great but I think it could be much improved.
So my idea was to replace the mouthpiece with a 14mm wood Cone/male joint that's 17mm long to fit on the xls condenser (and 18mm joint if possible). I may try to make one out of a cleaning plug but haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe @phattpiggie could make me one out of some sweet sweet wood. I already talked to Matt at vapcap who was very responsive and receptive of the idea and said this was suggested already but but as we all know they are very busy and may not get to it.

hokaku

Ok so I need some help from the experts here - I've been fiddling with the Ti Woody and the Titanium Omni and I'm having a little trouble with the airflow.

I'm not feeling any difference in draw when I twist the mouthpiece on the omni, to me it feels very restricted no matter what I do. Is the difference in air restriction high when twisting the mouthpiece? Is there any way I could've assembled mine wrong? :o

The Ti Woody on the other hand feels very unrestricted (compared to the omni). Can the omni just not reach that same kind of airflow?

Also, another question: I bought 2 vaporizers and 1 extra cap, just in case. The cap on my Omni is very tight, whereas the cap on my Ti Woody feels quite loose. The tightness of the cap on the Omni greatly affects draw restriction (tighter cap = tigther seal = tighter draw). The extra cap is also loose. Have I damaged the cap on my Omni by heating it too much on the first tests I did with the vape? Have any of you guys had to completely replace their caps?

Cheers =)

Last edited:

hokaku

If your o/x-ring is on the tip side of your "carb" hole that would prevent airflow from the hole. Make sure your o/x-ring is on the MP side of the carb. I think... ;)

I don't have any removable o/x-rings on my omnivap, is that a concern?

hokaku,

Squiby

I'm not feeling any difference in draw when I twist the mouthpiece on the omni, to me it feels very restricted no matter what I do. Is the difference in air restriction high when twisting the mouthpiece? Is there any way I could've assembled mine wrong? :o

The condenser is likely turning as you turn the mp, resulting in no adjustment. Pull the mp/condenser out of the body, grip the condenser as you twist your mp. Threading them tightly together results in an open airpath, loosening them gives a greater air restriction. Play with it till you hit your sweet spot.

I don't have any removable o/x-rings on my omnivap, is that a concern?

No. I believe that that was in reference to Ti Tipped Vapcaps.

The Omnivap condenser does not use X orings that can be adjusted. The Omni has a threaded condenser that uses round o rings. Only the Ti Tipped vapcaps with a tube condenser uses x orings.

KRnoS

My Blackwood OmniVap arrived and I have a couple of questions !

I tried using the MFLB herbal blend of "Feelin Fine" and almost had no favor cloud output. I tried adjusting the mouth piece but it doesn't seem like it's making adding anymore resistance to the air path. Should I be using the little carb hole still? I thought the new mouth pieces essentially eliminated the need to carb.

Also, when adjusting with the air path, is the mouth piece supposed to be essentially be unscrewing itself from the body? Mine does that when I try to.

Kozzmozz

Infinite realities, infinite possibilities
My Blackwood OmniVap arrived and I have a couple of questions !

I tried using the MFLB herbal blend of "Feelin Fine" and almost had no favor cloud output. I tried adjusting the mouth piece but it doesn't seem like it's making adding anymore resistance to the air path. Should I be using the little carb hole still? I thought the new mouth pieces essentially eliminated the need to carb.

Also, when adjusting with the air path, is the mouth piece supposed to be essentially be unscrewing itself from the body? Mine does that when I try to.
You have almost solved the problem yourself ;)
No, it should not come out, push it in and it should be solved! Enjoi!

Chose

Ok so I need some help from the experts here - I've been fiddling with the Ti Woody and the Titanium Omni and I'm having a little trouble with the airflow.

The Ti Woody on the other hand feels very unrestricted (compared to the omni). Can the omni just not reach that same kind of airflow?

Also, another question: I bought 2 vaporizers and 1 extra cap, just in case. The cap on my Omni is very tight, whereas the cap on my Ti Woody feels quite loose. The tightness of the cap on the Omni greatly affects draw restriction (tighter cap = tigther seal = tighter draw). The extra cap is also loose. Have I damaged the cap on my Omni by heating it too much on the first tests I did with the vape? Have any of you guys had to completely replace their caps?

Cheers =)
No my omni is as open as my woody no diference in air flow
But when I first had my omni I turned it so far the condenser came right out witch means you can't do any adjustment
I now look at the mp to see where I'm at
If the condenser is sticking out of the mp your fully open I set mine so the condenser is just visable looking in to the mp
Ime talking bollox aren't I
Basically if you wind it back up but the condenser does not become visable pull the mp out and screw it back together
It's proberbly came out locking you in to eye poping
You'll work it out
And I also noticed the new tip makes the cap tighter I tried to squish it and this made it even tighter so I put it on my woody it was so loose it fell off
So the new cap is slightly bigger I think but REALY grippy to the new tip
I'll leave it thair I'm totally talking shit

Last edited:

hokaku

Ok so thanks to your comments here think I figured out how to adjust the airflow, looks like if I tightly grip the tip it does the trick. Thank you =)

After a more careful inspection, I narrowed down the airflow difference between the Omni and the Ti to the body.

It looks like my titanium body has a smaller carb hole (I'd say by about 30%) than my other bodies (ebony, carbon fiber, glass) that is causing the added resistence.

Is this normal? :o

Squiby

If your Omni condenser is threaded all the way into the mp, you should have very little air restriction.

I prefer them loosely threaded, for a tighter restriction on the Omni and I block the carb with a x oring on my Woody and I can't tell the difference between them.

almost there

If your Omni condenser is threaded all the way into the mp, you should have very little air restriction.

I prefer them loosely threaded, for a tighter restriction on the Omni and I block the carb with a x oring on my Woody and I can't tell the difference between them.
Hi @Squiby, just so you know I've learned so much from reading all your postings. It's been very informative and fun and i especially love looking at your marvelous collection, finally it's my turn to pick your brain.

As you say if you notice no difference in airflow once you block the carb in your Ti and dialed up your Omni, why pay the extra $60 for the omni tip? I personally love the look of the wood, I've tried hard to convince myself to appreciate the Omni but I just can't see myself with a ti mp. It's a personal bias and I don't want it to cloud my judgement if it's keeping me from discovering something truely superior. What say u? I know about the near indestructible strength of the Omni but that doesn't much matter to me bc I'm a pretty unexciting guy. Any other selling points about the Omni?

Squiby

I know about the near indestructible strength of the Omni but that doesn't much matter to me bc I'm a pretty unexciting guy. Any other selling points about the Omni?

I think of the Dynavap vaporizer choices as a balance between cost, aesthetics and durability as they all can command a similar performance.

The OG offers an inexpensive albeit fragile solution.

The range of Ti Woody stems, bodies, straight and VonG offer the organic beauty of wood and a softer warmer wood mp.

The Omni has all of the features of the Woodies, but with the dialed in air restriction, Omni mp/condenser. It is an engineering marvel. This is a finely crafted precision instrument to be appreciated in its own right for the extreme tight tolerances required to machine such a beast. It offers an aesthetic that goes beyond that of the regular Ti tipped models. It is a beast. It is indestructible and likely to last a lifetime.

The Vapcap one chooses is not about performance. They all perform. It is about the quality of the build, budget and personal aesthetic.

hokaku

Is it normal for the titanium body to have a smaller carb hole when compared to the wood/glass/carbon fiber bodies? I can't really see the difference in google pics

almost there

I think of the Dynavap vaporizer choices as a balance between cost, aesthetics and durability as they all can command a similar performance.

The range of Ti Woody stems, bodies, straight and VonG offer the organic beauty of wood and a softer warmer wood mp.

The Omni has all of the features of the Woodies, but with the dialed in air restriction, Omni mp/condenser. It is an engineering marvel. This is a finely crafted precision instrument to be appreciated in its own right for the extreme tight tolerances required to machine such a beast. It offers an aesthetic that goes beyond that of the regular Ti tipped models. It is a beast. It is indestructible and likely to last a lifetime.

The Vapcap one chooses is not about performance. They all perform. It is about the quality of the build, budget and personal aesthetic.
Thank you @Squiby for POV, its a different perspective and I want to see it from all angles. It's amazing to see how this whole project evolved in this last year. Can't wait to see when the new merchandise will be up onthe site, hurting for a XL/ER dynastash. Im extremely jealous of all your burl pieces, seems like there's not much choices left in that department at Dynavap.

Squiby

Is it normal for the titanium body to have a smaller carb hole when compared to the wood/glass/carbon fiber bodies?

I just had a look at mine and it seems that my Omni body has slightly smaller hole (or maybe it is just drilled with greater precision) than my Blackwood Ti Woody S. The custom bodies have larger carbs as you can see on the Copper Stoned and the Damascus.
rSSXyMs.jpg

Im extremely jealous of all your burl pieces, seems like there's not much choices left in that department at Dynavap.

Get 'em while you can! LOL! The Burl pieces are stunning. Hopefully George Will get more in....

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I will say I wish I had gone with a mouthpiece model so that I could have more easily upgraded to an omni with the purchase of just the condenser/mouthpiece. As things stand now, I'm getting some OGs for my family and considering an omni condenser upgrade with a vong body. Essentially upgrading my woody vapcap to an omnivap. The only downside is that I'll still only have one vapcap...so maybe I should just splurge and buy an omnivong...Oh the decisions! And then of course there's the option for the custom engraving on the cap.

@Squiby Thanks for sharing your photos with us. :) You have some awesome custom pieces.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I use mine exclusively for hash, works great. Sometimes I do have difficulty getting the hash to stay in place though. I've recently tried mashing it between two CCD's which works pretty well, but the CCD's get pretty messy. Will continue to dial my methods in though.
You get hash SO FREQUENTLY that you have a SPECIAL VAPE FOR IT????
I got nuthin'...:o :bowdown: :tup:

===

Beautiful!
Sums up my feelings on the subject & eloquently voices my choice of the Omni as my first.

Last edited:

Majordude2626

One of the high temp orings took fell apart on my ti tip. Can i operate with one missing, or do I need to wait for replacements to show up?

Majordude2626,
Top Bottom