twix

Whilst you can use a VapCap with a standard Bic style lighter it is a waste of time IMO. Man up, buy a jet lighter & get vaping. It is fast & very simple to use with no danger unless you have motor skill issues & if so butane vapes would not be suitable. If you are a weekly user a can of butane will last a year or more.

No coordination or danger issues here. It's just one of my idiosyncrasies. I hate to swap a recharger for 2 items: a torch and a butane can as it seems that you run out of butane quite fast (some people claim as low as 5 cigars out of a refill). If it's only about time, then that's fine. It's more important to hear that your Ti is a beast :)

edit
I find the effects I get from my OG to be very comparable to when I used a one hitter. I, like you always preferred a one hit to a job or larger bowl.

That's great to hear, it does sound like a vape I have been looking for all my life

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

Get a Vector Pyramid lighter. The difference is like the difference between driving a "BMW" and a "Yugo". There is no comparison. The Pyramid is a table cigar lighter, has a larger reservoir. It has a cup around the triple torch, with a notch in one end that works great to rest the vc on while spinning. The cup amplifies the heat click. It is easily flame adjustable with your fingernail. A sight glass to let you know how full. They cost forty bucks on the Vector-KGM website. There are people on here paying that much for an ashtray.
Get this lighter you will not look back. I'm a cheapskate, but this lighter helps with my tinnitus, hard to hear the heat-clicks. Feels natural in use. Doc

farscaper

No coordination or danger issues here. It's just one of my idiosyncrasies. I hate to swap a recharger for 2 items: a torch and a butane can as it seems that you run out of butane quite fast (some people claim as low as 5 cigars out of a refill). If it's only about time, then that's fine. It's more important to hear that your Ti is a beast :)

edit

That's great to hear, it does sound like a vape I have been looking for all my life
With the triple flame torch I'm using I "have to" refill every 3 days. I vape a couple bowls at least each day... more if I can manage.
I recharged way more times than that and unless I had 12 batteries I don't think I could have gone that long without one needing recharged.

I actually wanted a minimalist vape setup and I wanted to get away from batteries.

I have a lot less clutter now. I've got a torch, OG in its tube and a jyarz jar for a few whole buds or ground. With a Dynastash I could take that down to 2 items I consider the can of butane to be like the charger and extra batteries if I were to equate them...

If you do then you have 1 can of butane vs.
1 charger
?x batteries to equal thousands of vape sessions...

I think the flame is winning.
:sherlock:

Let's not forget...

Replacement parts are cheap

In fact.

Replacement of one Arizer Air cost?
Vs.

OG VapCap $35. Or more for higher end models... obviously replacement of a omni would be comparable to a battery powered vape.

Squiby

@twix

Heating a Vapcap with a Bic definitely works. If you hold the VC above the flame there is no soot, no fuss no muss. I just vaped a bowl of Skunk flower mixed with a bit of G13 Shatter in the name of science, so that I can provide you with a clear time element. It took 16 seconds to heat the first cycle, 7 for the second and 5 for the third. In comparison a jet lighter can heat in as little as 5 seconds on the first cycle.

Holding down that rough flint wheel on the Bic for so long becomes uncomfortably hot. I always have a Bic around just in case, but it is much too hard on my girly hands to be used as a regular thing. The Bic works but is never a first choice.

If I were to prefer a flame to a jet, I would use a candle flame, which can be quite enjoyable in the right setting.

The duration of a jet lighter depends on the tank size, flame height and number of jets. I have a tiny, pretty little jet lighter that only lasts maybe 5 sessions. I also have jet lighters that last a good long time, certainly much longer than a small Bic.

This is one of my favourites. The tank is large and transparent so you can see your fuel level. It's a single jet so it burns less fuel. It fits nicely in the hand and has an easy ergonomic push button style igniter. It's cheap.

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

One of these days, I think that I will also get one of @Dynalowrider s Vector Pyramid lighters. It sounds like a really nice lighter.

Just think of the mountain of discarded Bic lighters you can spare the world by choosing a refillable lighter. :)

VaporChase

The website is fine @VaporChase & is a significant improvement over the original one.

I believe you when you say it's an improvement, but fine isn't the word I would use to describe it if so many people are confused and have to consult here, or with George/Matt directly. Not trying to argue or draw this out more. I hear what you're saying overall and I got my order placed in the end.

I just vaped a bowl of Skunk flower mixed with a bit of G13 Shatter in the name of science, so that I can provide you with a clear time element.

Gotta love this kind of reasoning.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@twix it's the kind of hit you are looking for. Think of the torch lighter and gas things like this.
You replace your Pax with a VC, you buy a decent torch which has a reasonable sized tank, you get a can of gas for said torch.

The gas lives in the cupboard out of sight, my torch used to need filling everyday now it's every other.
I wrote on the tin I have, it's dated April 6th.

You can get table top torch lighters which would need re-filling at lot less

Last edited:

Jaydubya710

edit

4 Chinese triple torches cost about 13 shipped on ebay. Keeping the 3 good ones in rotation I don't have to refill but about every 10 days, and I go through at LEAST 6 caps a day (stressing the LEAST part). Can't say how long a can lasts because I use the same can for my torch for dabs, but I can say I get paid bi weekly and I don't have to buy a can every paycheck. #fuckbatteries

ftcs123

If you have the Omni, just unscrew the mouthpiece and use it to push the c-clip in place (the end with the threads, not the actual mouthpiece end). Works perfectly and safely, just be careful not to ram it in there.
Let me know, if you need further help - but I'm sure, it should be easy for you.

Love and peace

Thank very much! I knew there must be a way with what I had, I think I used my omni too much last night lol. Thanks again!

poutine

After a few days of using the Woody XLS and Omnivap, I can say I'm 100% satisfied with both items. The XLS does have a bit cooler vapor than the Omni thanks to the Omni's shorter airpath. However, both are a total pleasure to use. My only complaint is that the caps do different things! My XLS cap clicks twice every time, but the Omni's cap sometimes only clicks once. I got close to combustion today thanks to me expecting another click...which is totally my fault for forgetting which cap I was using! Both of these really make my Mighty and Grasshopper seem redundant.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
It sure is @Baron23 & I stand by it. It could be the fact that I spent so many years interpreting qualitative data sets that I see how each relates to the other better than most. If people cannot select a wood, midsection & mouthpiece solution from the dropdowns below then they have more serious issues than ordering a VapCap :shrug:.

http://www.dynavap.com/product/ti-vong-stem/

There are other order pages that are confusing for sure but that is due to the backend data & logic applied to selections. In other words a fine tuning issue that can be easily addressed. That is why I said the website is fine as it really needs some tuning of product & image consistency addressed.

FWIW I ordered 5 300ml cans of butane several months ago & am just about to finish my first one so it cost me >$5 for at least 3 months of pretty heavy use :2c: :peace:.

Jaydubya710

Wether the website easy for you to understand or not the fact is it works. The success of this thread and DynaVap in general are pretty good determining factors. Thousands of orders shipped to I lost count of how many countries. Honestly I would love to see more detailed info on the website, not because I can't understand it, but because it would cut down on sooo much noise in this thread.

Baron23

Wether the website easy for you to understand or not the fact is it works. The success of this thread and DynaVap in general are pretty good determining factors. Thousands of orders shipped to I lost count of how many countries. Honestly I would love to see more detailed info on the website, not because I can't understand it, but because it would cut down on sooo much noise in this thread.
I have a solution...stop on the first click no matter what...yeah? :brow::D

Baron23,
Reactions: lookhigh

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have a solution...stop on the first click no matter what...yeah? :brow::D

I find the real challenge is when you have had too many caps so you lose focus when heating it. Of course you end up with a "feel" for the heating cycle & I often find the unit clicking several seconds after I remove the flame if I lose track. Never fails to scare the shit out of me when .2 of a second before inhaling it clicks in my face :lol:.

VapCap

Manufacturer
Greetings!

Here is some interesting info for anyone looking to better understand the screens for the Ti tips and how to remove and replace them.
@Dynalowrider

And also removal and replacement of the CCD

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

George

Last edited:

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I find the real challenge is when you have had too many caps so you lose focus when heating it. Of course you end up with a "feel" for the heating cycle & I often find the unit clicking several seconds after I remove the flame if I lose track. Never fails to scare the shit out of me when .2 of a second before inhaling it clicks in my face :lol:.
Yeah, the caps get tired if you abuse/overheat them a lot too. My OG cap that I abused a bit is just not nearly the same as when I unboxed it, George offered to replace it, but I've been trying to get in 'mind over matter' mode with it. My mind is the click, etc. The old OG cap (original design, i guess OOG cap) started with 2 clicks that were "about a second" apart with a single flame. Over time, as its click got later, the two clicks got closer and closer together. Then, it had only one click, then that one click failed. Then I squeezed it in a way that somehow brought it back to life for like 50+ loads at this point. My theory was that the tip had been smushed just a little from going in and out of the tube so much, a few drops, putting the cap back over the glass too hard etc. Anyway it now usually clicks twice, close together, and I never get 3 cycles from a load, always 2 or sometimes even 1 (not going more than .5s past the click).

My newer cap for the Ti came out of the box, and remains with two clicks very close together, like an "8th of a second". Often on cooldown it clicks only once, sometimes on heatup it clicks only once.

Because I have draftiness/smell issues in my building, I generally can only take one hit. So I always heat past the click on my newer cap, up to 4 seconds. There is very little left in the next cycle, sometimes there is a tiny bit of green, sometimes not, mixed with dark brown, and occasionally, but not often, a little black/charry taste. Not full on combustion though. The old one, even the click sometimes is too late if you heat too far from the tip, you can combust, full on see and taste the cherry of awfulness.

So, it appears these can get "tired" with extended/hard use, I should note I did usually heat that original cap past the click, like I do my new one, this could also accelerate wear. I'm not really sure if physical roughness or # of cycles or high heat is what causes them to "get tired", but the fact that I was able to "massage" my caps clicker back to life may be a clue.

Squiby

Both of these really make my Mighty and Grasshopper seem redundant.

And there you have it... the Vapcap is tiny, affordable, convenient, aesthetically beautiful, amazingly effective, delivering a smooth vapour wrapped up in expertly engineered simplicity.

It's the total package.

I find the real challenge is when you have had too many caps so you lose focus when heating it.

That would be the self limiting over consumption monitor feature. :cool:
Free with purchase.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Then a wire-pick stick to seat the c-clip. If the mouth end of the mouthpiece was the size of the inside of the Ty-tip bowl it would facilitate installing the screen and clip.
The Omni mouthpiece would be a good one to do this.
Hey there,

Actually, you CAN use the threads end of the mouthpiece to stuff and seat the c-clip in there. I was trying to say that..
@ftcs123 seem to have got it right. Wonderful! :)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Be interesting to see a pictorial presentation in the history of the evolution of the VapCap.

From the simple, effective glass OG; to the wood clads; to the Ti Omni, and is incarnations.

& suggestions, or visions, of futuristic models....:rolleyes::hmm:

farscaper

I needed a replacement outer glass for my OG.... George sent me everything but the cap!!
14276520_739533172853442_202301469_n.jpg

Now I have a spare o-ring, condenser, MP &CCD screen!! And a tube to keep it in!

Thanks so much @VapCap :bowdown:

One satisfied customer right here!!!

Top Bottom