Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
It's funny, those are some Pipe Bits I saw at a local smoke shop recently while looking for torches, pipe cleaners, and other stuff. I picked them up because they were only $2 for 2 and they looked like something that might come in handy later to use with water. I figured I would eventually find a vape that worked with them. So I bought them and threw them in my vape accessory box.}

/QUOTE]

Gardenerjeff,

gkaraman

Thank you all, I am close to my decision.

I will probably get OG VapCap and spare accessories and parts. And then let the VAS begins..

Now I have to decide between VapCap OG and VapCap2 (the one with the two holes for extra airflow i guess). What do you think about VapCap2 vs OG?

p.s: I am a little confused because on the official VapCap 2.0 intro looks like the OG with one airhole, but on puffitup site VapCap2 has 2 airholes.. What is the "correct" vapcap2 ?

DYNA.VAPCAP-2-2.jpg

http://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-2-DynaVap-p/dyna.vapcap-2.htm

*plainlazy*

Ive caved and ordered again lol my ti vong 14mm and dynastash were lonely lol. Ordered an og with one carb hole some replacement glass condensors two turbine glass condensors and o rings to keep the ti vong happy.
Sent paypal payment last night uk time after a few emails back and fourth with matt woke up this morning to have an email saying george has sent you a package boom.
Roll on next week haha

lookhigh

FC member
Do you all prefer to use concentrates in the Ti tip or the OG? Tried it out of the OG and wow. I'm a bit shy about gumming up my Ti tip. Would love to hear people's experience.

Oh, and to add on to the unplugged nature of the VC, I haven't even touched my grinders.

@jrcmang I think you got the o-ring thing right.
Absolutely no need for a grinder which is great too, i hate grinders too messy.
I pack the bowl very tight and abv comes out even very dark brown.

@gkaraman The 2 holed are not in stock so your choice is easy.

Last edited:

greenextinguisher

@Vapor_Eyes I'm selfishly very happy that you came to your senses and caved on the OG. I look forward to your comparison with the Omni.
I fucking love the OG. :love: I wish I snagged two. :love::love:

I hope that I like the omni as much even if it's different. Actually, I hope I like it just as much AND it is different. I like variety. I think I'll need to try a glassy as well to have all the varieties of glass and metal in the air/vape path.

Right now, I'm loving my Nano (at my desk) and VapCap (anywhere else around the house, especially late in the day) and the grasshopper is working out really well on the go. The Crafty when I'm REALLY lazy. Such wonderful times.

The VapCap and Nano make me all warm and fuzzy with their clean air and vapor paths. They are also just amazing performers while being so different from each other.

The flavor on the OG is amazing. Admittedly my flavor results are a little inconsistent, but I'm still working on technique. I combusted the night before last (first accidental combustion with a vape). I think it was from doing 3 quick heat cycles. I definitely was clicking off/on, but I really left no time in between. Maybe I went a touch low on the third cycle (gluttony). My gut is telling me that my style will be two heat cycles with really big draws. I don't usually need to take everything out of my AVB. I value flavor and experience over complete extraction.

I was concerned about having to use a lighter, but, for around the house, it is no problem at all. It does limit the occasions I'd use the VC, so I'd like to realize a future where there is a quick and silent heating process (from a renewable source, maybe?), but I'm happy now. It would be awesome to open up the whole new variety of vape signature that would likely come with it. It's amusing all the sentimentality against an electric heater being available. Such a cult! :lol:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
In my first year of vaping (with various vapes), I've never combusted, until now.....

It's such a pleasant experience to use, that I over use it. Leaving me dazed and confused enough to day dream well past the 2 clicks, while heating....

I am now overly cautious of thick vapour......

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
In my first year of vaping (with various vapes), I've never combusted, until now.....

It's such a pleasant experience to use, that I over use it. Leaving me dazed and confused enough to day dream well past the 2 clicks, while heating....

I am now overly cautious of thick vapour......

You can walk a very fine line with the VapCap & sometimes the vapour is so thick on cycle 2 & 3 I feel like I have to have combusted but nope just another TFE (total fucking extraction). I was chuckling to myself when I combusted last night as way too medicated I got confused & did not wait for the cool down click. It was only a second or two but I knew I had fucked up & combusted so did not inhale.

Being a huge boxing fan growing up the VapCap is like Jimmy "Ghost with a hammer in his hand" Wilde, it may be only 100lbs soaking wet but will put anyone on their arse & punches well above it's weight. Glad you are enjoying the experience as it will compliment your Evo nicely.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's amusing all the sentimentality against an electric heater being available. Such a cult! :lol:

I found a non-electric portable heating station but it's a little big. I like to leave one running on my coffee table so I don't have to mess with a torch while I'm watching TV:

087-090.jpg

:rofl:

Just in case it's not clear I'm totally kidding right now.

I love the butane powered nature of the VapCap, and also appreciate that it can be used with any heat source.

I wouldn't be against an electric heating option for on the go, simply for stealth. However, that being said, the click of the cap itself isn't that stealthy. I think there are better options when pure stealth is needed. Also, I'm doubtful a battery powered heater can perform as well as a double/triple torch and still provide good battery life in a small form factor.

Maybe what we need is a frickin laser! Why should George have all the fun? :cool:

http://m.wickedlasers.com/inferno

Dammit, now I'm thinking about actually buying the nano laser. LAS (laser acquisition syndrome) is starting to take hold. Must resist.

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I was never a regular joint smoker but I'm feeling the VAS for these Vapcaps...
Unfortunately I still can't decide which one I like the look of more
Really like the look of a double crown Ti woody in blackwood or cocobolo with mouthpiece, but also the all titanium omnivap and the XL version.

Can anybody give approximations on weights and lengths please?

I think I'd prefer it to be a little longer than a cigarette to give me more room to hold it comfortably, but i'm not sure.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I was never a regular joint smoker but I'm feeling the VAS for these Vapcaps...
Unfortunately I still can't decide which one I like the look of more
Really like the look of a double crown Ti woody in blackwood or cocobolo with mouthpiece, but also the all titanium omnivap and the XL version.

I think I'd prefer it to be a little longer than a cigarette to give me more room to hold it comfortably, but i'm not sure.

Id love to help you but I'm so confused by the range and options, that Matt had to put my order right....

So best not to take advice from me on this subject....

What I can say is that mine is just right for me I think. I too, wanted long like you, so I got the tiwoody double crown xls with exotic mp. Matt said that was one of the long set ups.

There is a pic of mine on the last page I think....

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Id love to help you but I'm so confused by the range and options, that Matt had to put my order right....

So best not to take advice from me on this subject....

What I can say is that mine is just right for me I think. I too, wanted long like you, so I got the tiwoody double crown xls with exotic mp. Matt said that was one of the long set ups.

There is a pic of mine on the last page I think....
It was the pictures in this thread that have triggered my VAS lol

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@kellya86 Every time I read your posts in this thread I smile to myself.

You started out totally unsure, placed an order, then you went the thru the 'green envelope' jitters myself and others had.

It arrived, the postman is no longer the enemy, and you've joined the rest of us who've found a device that seems to fit the bill in so many ways.

To me the VC is fast, efficient, the ritual has a nostalgic feel to it as does the hit.
I'd rather be tied to a can of butane than a charger and batteries. My torch was cheap as and has been reliable.

I'm really pleased you're enjoying yourself Kellya86.

Morty

Thank you all, I am close to my decision.

I will probably get OG VapCap and spare accessories and parts. And then let the VAS begins..

Now I have to decide between VapCap OG and VapCap2 (the one with the two holes for extra airflow i guess). What do you think about VapCap2 vs OG?

p.s: I am a little confused because on the official VapCap 2.0 intro looks like the OG with one airhole, but on puffitup site VapCap2 has 2 airholes.. What is the "correct" vapcap2 ?

DYNA.VAPCAP-2-2.jpg

http://www.puffitup.com/VapCap-2-DynaVap-p/dyna.vapcap-2.htm

I don't currently own a Vapcap, so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read with the hole completely covered the draw is more restrictive yet provides more dense vapor. When the hole is not covered the draw is more free flowing with cooler less dense vapor. So according to that logic, I would think the 2 hole Vapcap would provide even cooler wispier vapor. And of course you can feather the hole(s) to arrive at somewhere between those two extremes. As I said I do not currently own a Vapcap (but not for to much longer hopefully), so if any of this information is incorrect, please feel free to correct this info fellow FC members.

Last edited:

Qwin8

Vaporist
THANK YOU! George & Matt. My original purchase was a vapcap S and it had a small carb hole and I barely got to play with it before i broke it
i order a replacement body which had the new condenser and larger carb hole. which works way better. with the metal condenser it a can be a little too free flow and cools a little sooner than i like.
but it better than the tiny carb hole. anyway i broke the replacement body the morning after i got it and this time they paid for my mistake thank you guys just got delivered NOW

Last edited:

ftcs123

Sorry if I missed this but is there a trick to removing the o-rings on the omnivap? They seem to be quite snug on there. Thanks!

ftcs123,

jimfish4130

Sorry if I missed this but is there a trick to removing the o-rings on the omnivap? They seem to be quite snug on there. Thanks!
I pinch them a little then slide that bit off/to the next slot then run my thumb around it to move the rest of the ring, if that makes any sense. I don't want to use my nail in case I tear an o ring

Squiby

Vapcaps come in two lengths; 3.5 inches and 4.25 inches.

Vapcaps have a diameter range from 10mm to 18mm.

VCs with a regular condenser, short 45mm body and a mouthpiece are all 3.5 inches long. Examples are the:

- Omnivap (10mm wide)
- OG Vapcap (10mm wide)
- Ti Woody S (10mm wide)
- Ti VonG short body (14mm or 18mm wide)

VCs with a regular condenser and a long 62mm stem are all 3.5 inches as well. Examples are the:

- Ti Woody (10mm wide)
- Ti VonG Stem (14mm wide)

VCs with an XL condenser, a long 62mm stem and mp are all 4.25 inches long. Examples are:

- Ti Woody XLS including a mp (10mm wide)
- Ti VonG Stem with XL condenser and mp (14mm wide)

My Vapcaps range in weight from 9 grams to 21 grams. Here they are:

- Ti Woody XLS. 4.25 inches. 10 gms. B&W Ebony stem. Blackwood mp.
- Ti VonG short 45mm x 14mm body. 3.5 inches. 11gms. Burl.
- DynastashER. 4.5 x 2 x .75 inches. 2 oz. Wenge.

Gl0EXLq.jpg

- Omnivap. 3.5 inches. 13 gms.
- Copper Stoned. 3.5 inches. 21 gms.

IuQgc7L.jpg

- Ti Woody S. 3.5 inches. 9gms. Blackwood short body and burl mp.

VxyDcfQ.jpg

And of course, the OG Vapcap - 9gm
IMG_20150821_181133584_HDR_zpsbrgsbt4k.jpg

Squiby

The difference is a mere 3/4" between the shorter and the longer Vapcaps. Surprisingly, it does make a difference. I have both and I find that I prefer the petite 3.5" models. My hands are small and female and the shorter VCs sit nicely in my palm.

My twirling technique is different between the two models as well. I roll the body between my thumb and index and middle finger, while holding the spinning mp against my palm with my ring finger. But not so with the Omni. It gets a finger/thumb twirl without the added help from my pinky or ring finger because the mp doesn't spin on the Omni. The longer VCs get the same treatment.

I imagine that anyone with large hands might prefer the longer 4.25" models. There are short pens that are the same length as the VCs available at stationary stores. If you palm these and practise your twirl technique you will get a feel for the different VCs and a sense for what you might prefer.

My favourites are the Copper Stoned :nod: because the extra weight feels nice in my hand ;) and the 14mm x 45mm Ti VonG. :nod: I like twirling the wider body. ;)

At the end of the day, all the VCs configurations are fantastic. They may handle and operate in slightly different ways, but are clearly from the same tribe.

I love them all. :love::luv::love::luv::love:

Is it OK to play favourites with my VCs?

:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:

PS: Sorry for the back to back.....undisciplined clicking on my part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom