Jaydubya710

WZppbgR.jpg

Just wanted to share this silicone ash tray I picked up a few days ago. It has become a constant companion to my VC. It's a nice collector for avb but best part is the silicone absorbs a good deal of the heat from the cap. The cool down click come a couple seconds after setting it down. And the shape amplifies the clicks making it near impossible to miss even with background noise. Oh and I just love sharing pics of my burly lol.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I got my torches from Amazon yesterday and my OmniVap from @PuffItUp . So I guess the race ended in a tie. The cool thing is the omni was originally scheduled to be delivered Monday so it was a nice surprise to see that in my mailbox. Fast delivery and great service as usual!

To be honest I've been struggling a little so far. The first cap was decent, followed by a few weak extractions and a case of mild combustion. After 5 or 6 caps I switched from the triple to a single torch with better results, as recommended here recently. That was an extraction right up there with any other vape I own, and showed me the potential of the omni.

I thought I had it dialed in at this point, but I'm still having slightly inconsistent results. I think my biggest problem is in relation to flame placement. Should the inner bright flame be touching the omni, almost touching it, or should only the tip of the outer flame touch?

I've been reading through the thread but if anyone wants to give some detailed advice in regards to technique, especially with a triple torch, it would be much appreciated. :D

Overall I love the vape, the design and build quality are very good. The omni seems virtually indestructible and I could possibly hand it down to my grandchildren one day.

The design of the omni reminds me of some other treasured possessions of mine. Way before I had VAS I came down with a case of RAS (razor acquisition syndrome). I wonder if anyone else here suffers that affliction. Here's the OmniVap next to my collection:

OW4Ab7F.jpg
All those razors!! Be still my heart :love:

Omphaloskeptic

Greetings, All-

So much to like about these products. It was a bit of a wait, but just wanted to show folks my Red Mallee burl DynaStash ER XL. This is truly a work of art, many thanks to George and Matt!!

ar3nsRu.jpg

Apologies, the photo doesn't really do it justice. I do plan to smooth out the surface a little bit further, but need to read up first so I don't screw it up. Does anyone know of a particular finish that would maximize the depth of the burl? I need to maintain this as an heirloom...

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Love my new cocobolo woody. Absolutely love wood over glass for looks and durability. I was just going to switch out my vapcap s in my wendge dynastash for this, but now I'm thinking I'll get it it's own. I still need to try it with the wooden mp so I might get it a dynastash xl, maybe a bocote. My firsts had to be cocobolo and wenge though, I love saying those words. Lot's of screwing around with it to do still, so far so awesome though. Amazing job on these.
2hmlufn.jpg

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
I have been using my omni without any screen or filter. It doesnt need one imho! So much easier to clean so i do it much more frequently which only improves on the order ready unbelievably fabulous experience.

I do not grind my weed but often smash my nug to Pea size. I find I get better clouds if I do not fill the entire chamber. and it is one less hassle.
Teaming

Jeff

Squiby

Congrats on your new Woody! :clap:

Let us know how you like using the longer version when you add the mp. :wave:

George must really be ramping things up in order to supply Puff It Up. I hope he is starting to close the gap on the backlog of orders. :cheers:

I'm thinking of getting an XL as well. Maybe an ER XL2 even. I love those little concentrate containers in the ERs.:spliff:

My firsts had to be cocobolo and wenge though, I love saying those words.

WENGE.

COCOBOLO.

WENGE.

WENGE.

COCOBOLO.

:smug:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Congrats on your new Woody! :clap:

Let us know how you like using the longer version when you add the mp. :wave:

George must really be ramping things up in order to supply Puff It Up. I hope he is starting to close the gap on the backlog of orders. :cheers:

I'm thinking of getting an XL as well. Maybe an ER XL2 even. I love those little concentrate containers in the ERs.:spliff:

WENGE.

COCOBOLO.

WENGE.

WENGE.

COCOBOLO.

:smug:
I channel my Irish ancestors and give it a "wh-enge" with some nasal whine. For cocobolo I channel someone with a deep voice. I sound like an idiot saying both, but there is love in my eyes.

jackmormon

I got my torches from Amazon yesterday and my OmniVap from @PuffItUp . So I guess the race ended in a tie. The cool thing is the omni was originally scheduled to be delivered Monday so it was a nice surprise to see that in my mailbox. Fast delivery and great service as usual!

To be honest I've been struggling a little so far. The first cap was decent, followed by a few weak extractions and a case of mild combustion. After 5 or 6 caps I switched from the triple to a single torch with better results, as recommended here recently. That was an extraction right up there with any other vape I own, and showed me the potential of the omni.

I thought I had it dialed in at this point, but I'm still having slightly inconsistent results. I think my biggest problem is in relation to flame placement. Should the inner bright flame be touching the omni, almost touching it, or should only the tip of the outer flame touch?

I've been reading through the thread but if anyone wants to give some detailed advice in regards to technique, especially with a triple torch, it would be much appreciated. :D

Overall I love the vape, the design and build quality are very good. The omni seems virtually indestructible and I could possibly hand it down to my grandchildren one day.

The design of the omni reminds me of some other treasured possessions of mine. Way before I had VAS I came down with a case of RAS (razor acquisition syndrome). I wonder if anyone else here suffers that affliction. Here's the OmniVap next to my collection:

OW4Ab7F.jpg

That's too funny.....We probably know each other from Badger&Blade! I dare not post the aftermath of my RAS which ended about 4 years ago when I stopped shaving ;) At least I know they won't decrease in value. Will never get rid of my slant collection though.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That's too funny.....We probably know each other from Badger&Blade! I dare not post the aftermath of my RAS which ended about 4 years ago when I stopped shaving ;) At least I know they won't decrease in value. Will never get rid of my slant collection though.
I only have the one slant at the bottom, a Merkur. My two favorite razors are the fat handle tech and slim adjustable.

I don't frequent Badger & Blade much anymore but I used to lurk there a lot.

In other news, having more success with my OmniVap. I'm heating past the click to get more dense vapor with my triple torch. It's funny how the triple torch clicks at a lower temp than a single, you would think it would make it higher temp.

It gets a little sketchy heating past the click but so far I'm happy with the results. Still in the process of fine tuning my technique.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I only have the one slant at the bottom, a Merkur. My two favorite razors are the fat handle tech and slim adjustable.

I don't frequent Badger & Blade much anymore but I used to lurk there a lot.

In other news, having more success with my OmniVap. I'm heating past the click to get more dense vapor with my triple torch. It's funny how the triple torch clicks at a lower temp than a single, you would think it would make it higher temp.

It gets a little sketchy heating past the click but so far I'm happy with the results. Still in the process of fine tuning my technique.

To get "hotter click cycles" I aim a little down, towards the digger outer, doing this no need to wait after click IME.

Loving single blade razor too, fortunately ras never got me bad (2merkur and was done) :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
To get "hotter click cycles" I aim a little down, towards the digger outer, doing this no need to wait after click IME.

Loving single blade razor too, fortunately ras never got me bad (2merkur and was done) :)
Yeah luckily my RAS isn't really that bad. As bad as my collection looks, it is amateur league.

I'm trying the flame towards the bottom but it just isn't working right with my triple torch. With a single I heat to where the "y" in dynavap is and that is a perfect heat level with the click, no need to go past the click.

The single is just a little slow for me. A double might be perfect but I just bought these two triples so I'm determined to master them. Maybe a stronger flame is the answer.

I don't want to give the wrong impression, it's all good. The omni is working well, and I'm having fun experimenting and perfecting my technique. I'm also a perfectionist so I can become obsessed with mastering things. Even if I'm at 95% performance I want to squeeze that last 5% out.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I could really use a Dynastash. I usually use doob tubes out and about with portables, but the stash I could even see using a lot at home while watching tv.

How does the Dynastash contain the smell of your stash? The good thing about doob tubes is they don't let any smell out.

Kevapor

A better mousetrap -

-and it appears the world is beating a path to George’s door.

Keep in mind, dear reader, I am not a paid hack. In the eloquent words of a dear friend - “I ain’t no two bit whore”.

Simply, I am compelled, inspired, to extol the virtues of a truly remarkable vaporizer; for what we have here, in the form known as the DynaVap OG (the original, AFAIK, DynaVap vaporizer, and the only one I’m familiar with) is the epitome of ingenuity.

Had this device been marketed when the cigarette manufacturers first got rolling in the 1800’s, the world would be a far better and healthier place today.

And today is where we find the DynaVapOG (and all subsequent iterations of the primary design), and we should be glad, very glad.

$30, plus nominal shipping, and what should be classed as a miracle can be in your hands. Be patient for that order though, for it appears we really do have a better mouse trap and it would seem George’s doorstep is getting mighty crowded

For 40 years I chewed tobacco. That’s quite long enough. Chewing organic whole leaf isn’t necessarily a taste treat.

Ego style e-cigs were a step sideways. The flavour was good but the question of ingredients lingered, and the fussiness of managing those devices was cumbersome.

And so on to herbal vaporizers. The Vapman was first and I didn’t use it because it was just so darn cute I didn’t want to burn it. It’s on the shelf.

The MFLB is a remarkable design, but it didn’t take long to gum it up completely and battery management was a hassle - nor did I wish to tie myself to an AC outlet, or spend more money on the AC power supply. The people at MFLB are truly great but the device cannot be cleaned, only replaced, and the warranty procedure is complicated (perhaps that has changed?).

The Firewood works, but for some reason I’m not inclined to pick it up anymore.

The Lotus is elegant, a very good vaporizer, and I still use it for a big bowl full, but it takes plenty of gas to get it up to steam and the screen fouls after so many bowls, though it’s not difficult to clean or replace the screen. Get their “Zico” torch, by the way. It’s swell and an excellent value.

What may be the one of the finest examples today of a relatively complex, exquisitely designed whole herb vaporizer, the Grasshopper, arrived in my mailbox after a 14 month wait (and wait, and wait) and it’s a superb device. I use it regularly on the road. It manages tobacco fine but for some reason the flavour of the leaf (“LeafOnly.com” organic Virginia Flue Cured) gets lost. Effective, though, and efficient. The engineering is top notch.

It’s obvious, even to me, that I’ve been infected by the VAS bug (Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome) so it was with keen interest I discovered the DynaVap on FC (Thanks FC!!) and for $30 figured “What The Hell”.

Man O Man, this is the tool I was waiting for. Small, simple, incredibly efficient and delivers the full flavour of the leaf.

Management is as easy as it gets. I apply fire to the working end about a dozen to twenty times a day (the approximate equivalent of 3-5 standard rolled cigarettes) and after a week of regular use the thing still doesn’t really need any cleaning, except for aesthetics. That’s amazing to me and makes management a joy rather than a task.

So that’s it, the DynaVap is as near a perfect vaporizer for dried leaf as one is going to find, and for far less cash than anything else out there (that really works well). It’s even proven to be a remedy for VAS. Although, I must admit, someday I’ll pop for one of the fancier DynaVap models, for the opera.

The kicker is the “click” (and I’ve gotten hasty a couple times and promptly released noxious fumes requiring a quick and simple cleanup); for waiting for that little “click” is the pause that provides the precious moment for the sacrament, the time to reflect on the true joys of vapour, as only the DynaVapOG can provide, in my humble estimation.

If you’re on the fence about this one, climb over and get it. Now. It’s tops.

Thank you, thank you, George!!!

Squiby

So I'm thinking of picking up a vapcap S (comes with the condenser kit and mouthpiece) and also getting a titanium tip. Is the Ti tip worth it? Will I notice a hue difference

There is a difference, a slight difference between the glass tipped OG Vapcap/Vapcap S, and the Ti tipped Vapcaps. But they operate the same.

The main difference is that the OG Vapcap has a one piece glass tip and body and a glass condenser, so you are heating your herb in a glass bowl. The heat transfer to glass versus titanium is slightly different. Also, you can upgrade the OG Vapcap to the Vapcap S which includes a stainless steel condenser and wood mp. This is as far as the OG Vapcap/Vapcap S modularity goes other than switching out a different wood mp.

Original Vapcap

The titanium tipped Vapcaps have seemingly endless modular configurations using different midsections, condensers and mps. The Ti tip connects to a midsection; body or stem in a straight or VonG version. The stems can extend the overall length of your Vapcap by adding a mouthpiece and XL Condenser.

This is an exploded view of the Ti Vapcap.

IMG_20151220_194534882_zpsxujcwp8f.jpg

I go into this detail to highlight that you cannot switch out the glass tip with a Ti tip.

When you say you are adding a Ti tip, that is great if you mean that you are adding a Ti tipped Vapcap, the complete unit, to your order.

Last edited:
Top Bottom