Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I'm only using the OG VapCap now to try to get the technique down and still strugglin a bit like I did back with my early TiWoody... Mostly just dont get visible clouds, sometimes not even effects though, avb usually not too done (which is fine, I like low temp extractions) but I've tried course and medium grinds, along with a small nug, packing barely any or a near full bowl, and I don't know if it's the load, my heating of the cap (that aught to be foolproof though no? Quad torch rotate in the middle, tried lower and upper), or more likely my draw? Times I get good hits is with carb closed at first then open and tapping it. Basically doing one long hit until it clicks off, better luck with the OG but when I tried the Ti OmniVonG I had an even harder time (like my original TiWoody, which cools quicker so that's where I began just having it be a one hit per cycle, maaaaybe two) so why I went to just the OG to try to work on technique... I dont know its literally hit and miss for me, essentially... Anyone want to share some basic usage examples for those 3 areas? (pack, torch, draw) pleaseNthanks!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Shit Snacks you have me worried now, I'm an expectant first time owner....

I didn't realise this was a tricky vape to get results with...

Do other's find it difficult to get effects using the vapcapp?????

kellya86,

DocGonzo

I do a medium grind and pack enough to fill the bowl at least half way with a very light tamp. When I use a single flame torch I hold the VC vertical and heat it around midway down while spinning it. For my dual torch I hold the VC horizontal over the flames and, while spinning it, heat it about midway down the cap, cheating just a tad toward the digger end. For both I stop at the click and don't tend to push it any further unless it's moist or I've got some concentrate in the mix. I used to do the feathering the carb style hit, but have changed to mouth hitting it and then taking it into my lungs several times during a single hit, inhaling each time my mouth gets full. It should be a purely mouth pump, like you're making an exaggerated fish/kissy face. With that method I get very full and effective hits.

You can practice the mouth inhale without heating it. First, try to direct-to-lungs inhale with the carb closed and feel how hard it is to get air moving. Should feel like sucking a thick milkshake through a straw. Next, really focus on pulling by creating suction with just your mouth. You should feel a noticeably larger amount of air movement this way, but you'll run out of inhale pretty quickly. Each time you run out of suction, that's when you'll do a small inhale of fresh air, which you can do by just letting off the carb for a second or by pulling it away from your mouth. That should clear the vapor in your mouth and allow you to do another mouth draw. Just keep doing that until you run out of lung capacity or are satisfied with the hit.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
So I'm only using the OG VapCap now to try to get the technique down and still strugglin a bit like I did back with my early TiWoody... Mostly just dont get visible clouds, sometimes not even effects though, avb usually not too done (which is fine, I like low temp extractions) but I've tried course and medium grinds, along with a small nug, packing barely any or a near full bowl, and I don't know if it's the load, my heating of the cap (that aught to be foolproof though no? Quad torch rotate in the middle, tried lower and upper), or more likely my draw? Times I get good hits is with carb closed at first then open and tapping it. Basically doing one long hit until it clicks off, better luck with the OG but when I tried the Ti OmniVonG I had an even harder time (like my original TiWoody, which cools quicker so that's where I began just having it be a one hit per cycle, maaaaybe two) so why I went to just the OG to try to work on technique... I dont know its literally hit and miss for me, essentially... Anyone want to share some basic usage examples for those 3 areas? (pack, torch, draw) pleaseNthanks!

Hey shits, mate! :wave:

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting nice results with the VCs.
I don't have an OG - but Ti.

I'm using a double or triple torch. Medium grind - fill just a little bit to cover the screen and a little on top (micro doser, yeaah :p). I usually take a pen or something to tamp it a little bit. Then apply heat with double torch around the "D" or "Y".. pretty low temp. I keep the VC at a small distance to the flame - rather near to the outer "ghost" flame. When it clicks, I take a draw - I like to close the carb and just draw as if I was smoking a cig... so more of a puff and then inhale. Try this to get a better feeling of how this works and vapor forms... also to get to know the cycles. The first cycle is likely a lower temp one - of course, depending on where you initially heated the cap. The second one is going to be a little hotter, cause the Ti is still warm/hot (like a warm Mi heater :) ) - again, I'd try with carb closed, so you can feel better how you're progressing. Rinse and repeat. :)

I did not have any issues while learning... 2 minor charry/combusty events.. but that's it.
I think we have to keep in mind that this one is mostly conduction so the Ti tip needs a proper and steady heating to transfer the heat to the load evenly.

Hope this helps a bit at least...
(Sorry, can't comment on the OG-)

Enjoy the learning curve :D

Last edited:

Milkytime

@Shit Snacks I would try less torch the 4 torch is prolly hitting near the end of the cap causing it to click faster at a lower temp. I was using a triple from dynavap store with great results and would cash a load in 5ish cycles with cycle 1 being very wisp vapor then dense for the next 4. Then my ignition failed on my triple so I switched to a single torch and I notice much larger range of temps as others have described depending where you heat. When using a single torch aimed further down the cap I get very dark Abv with dense vapor that has a bit of a toasty taste. When using a single I find I get my loads waaaaay more done maybe even a bit more done than I prefer. So my suggestion is maybe get a triple or dual torch for a little less heat that will give you more control over temps. Also I notice the draw is restricted and I tend to get best vapor when I pull strongly against the resistance of the cap with carb closed. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

DocGonzo

Yeah, lighters are kind of on a spectrum with the Vapcap. Less flames will give you more control over the temp but a slower click, generally, while more flames speed up the click but you get less and less control over the temp the more jets there are.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks I've got a triple torch turned to mid heat setting, the top of the torches metal body is an inch away from the cap, flames central on the cap.
I posted a video of my spin tech. Support the MP in your palm , and spin with thumb and fore finger. I suck the bowl full and lite tamp. 0.05g loads.
I would also recommend the rolling paper mod I posted about, a smaller carb means no feathering or 'mouth pumping'. Put a patch over the carb and use a fine needle to pierce the patch. I cannot stress how much this simple mod makes a difference. If one hole isn't enough, we are all different, then add another. You can always re-patch the hole and start again.
Once you got the carb to your liking you should be able to set Omni to give the draw resistance you've created with the paper.
As @vapen00b says the heat applied nearer the cap gives lite tasty vapor and can give multiple click bowls and nearer the digger gives one or two heavy heat cycles.
@kellya86 Given your trade I can't see manual dexterity being a problem the rest is easy but does require a bit of practice. The click takes all the guess work out of the heating situation.

Last edited:

Baron23

I have used fine grind without getting anything in my mouth, but I have the new Ti diffuser in my OG.

I rather do like medium grind and even hand torn better. Less herb per chamber, but this is not a session vape to me and a full chamber of hand torn does me nicely for its purpose.

I do generally fill the chamber up but its just "poured" in...I don't tamp. I have also loaded it like a one-hitter bat out of a dube tube but mostly I just pout a little in.

I somehow fried my OG cap so it wouldn't snap consistently. So I learned to count when heating. I use George's quad ligther, hold the VC horizontal and like Docgonzo I keep to the middle or very slightly biased to the digger end.

On the first draw, a count of 3 or 4 works (using "one one thousand, two one thousand, etc). Great flavor, some visible vapor, definitely effects. Second hit is the money shot for me and I'm generally at a 3 count as I don't want to combust. Third hit is also a 3 count and I get toasted flavor and some vapor but can tell I have pretty much extracted the load well.

I do keep carb hole closed and feather it a bit as I draw. Everybody's lungs are different (mine are 63 y.o. LOL) so perhaps mouth drawing works better for some folks but I draw straight to lung.

Long draws. Not too slow...basically, I pull all I can get against the resistance and its fine.

Just got a Ti Woody and it definitely behaves a bit different than my all glass OG. Seems to take a bit longer for the cap to snap and I went through a load in two draws last night...perhaps because the Ti holds heat better??

Stay with it, you will get the feel for it. Tell the truth, while I am quite willing to love the Ti Woody, and it certainly is beautiful, I still like my glass OG. I've cleaned in a small bag with ISO which is easy peasy.

Best of luck.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks guys, lot of stuff here I remember from my TiWoody, familiar techniques. I can go back to that triple torch and try a single from my Daisy again, I did try both back when. Yeah I think it is the raw that is the biggest adjustment for me, I've tried the varying flame and pack styles, I'll just keep practicing and mixing it up until something works really well, then I'll try to repeat it, the spinning is tough, and the targeted flame heating, feel like I've tried every which way, pack wise too I'll go back to medium grind half bowl with a tamp and try to hone draw

No papers here anymore phatts ;)
Also have the new diffuser, and yeah @vapen00b sounds like my old TiWoody, is yours an old one or the latest version? I'll play around later and let y'all know how it goes.

Anyone on the fence don't worry, this is just the nature of all manual vapes, depends what your used to how you take to it. Some have no trouble some require patience, but the rewards are often well worth the effort :tup:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I suggested papers as being a reasonably safe option. I didn't like the idea of using Scotch tape but others have used it.
I would try the triple over the single, the one flame needs moving up and down the cap to get an even heat. Once you've got the spin down then maybe try the single.
Nice to see so many folks offering up ideas and suggestions.
@Shit Snacks also try an unloaded bowl so you get the technique for spin and heat. It will literally all 'click' into place.

little maggie

@Shit Snacks you have me worried now, I'm an expectant first time owner....

I didn't realise this was a tricky vape to get results with...

Do other's find it difficult to get effects using the vapcapp?????

It's not. I know that with every vape I read about people perfecting their personal technique. It's probably more efficient that way. But I don't bother. I did manage to burn and destroy my glass original but that's because I had trouble hearing the click. My hearing the problem and not the vapcap. I've had no problems since switching to one of the other versions which must be louder to me. I've had problems using some vapes- I have a charred vapman that I never managed to use but the vapcap is pretty simple. On the other hand, I'm not a cloud chaser and sometimes I get great clouds and sometimes not but I get stoned either way.

DocGonzo

I don't move my flame up and down when I use a single flame. I hold it vertical and keep the flame at a set spot depending on the temp range I'm aiming for. I do move it up and down once or twice when I'm expecting the click to come, but most of the heating time it's static. AVB still comes out even, although I do take it quite dark. I prefer a double flame, but the still often go back to the single.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I do a medium grind and pack enough to fill the bowl at least half way with a very light tamp. When I use a single flame torch I hold the VC vertical and heat it around midway down while spinning it. For my dual torch I hold the VC horizontal over the flames and, while spinning it, heat it about midway down the cap, cheating just a tad toward the digger end. For both I stop at the click and don't tend to push it any further unless it's moist or I've got some concentrate in the mix. I used to do the feathering the carb style hit, but have changed to mouth hitting it and then taking it into my lungs several times during a single hit, inhaling each time my mouth gets full. It should be a purely mouth pump, like you're making an exaggerated fish/kissy face. With that method I get very full and effective hits.

You can practice the mouth inhale without heating it. First, try to direct-to-lungs inhale with the carb closed and feel how hard it is to get air moving. Should feel like sucking a thick milkshake through a straw. Next, really focus on pulling by creating suction with just your mouth. You should feel a noticeably larger amount of air movement this way, but you'll run out of inhale pretty quickly. Each time you run out of suction, that's when you'll do a small inhale of fresh air, which you can do by just letting off the carb for a second or by pulling it away from your mouth. That should clear the vapor in your mouth and allow you to do another mouth draw. Just keep doing that until you run out of lung capacity or are satisfied with the hit.

@Shit Snacks I would try less torch the 4 torch is prolly hitting near the end of the cap causing it to click faster at a lower temp. I was using a triple from dynavap store with great results and would cash a load in 5ish cycles with cycle 1 being very wisp vapor then dense for the next 4. Then my ignition failed on my triple so I switched to a single torch and I notice much larger range of temps as others have described depending where you heat. When using a single torch aimed further down the cap I get very dark Abv with dense vapor that has a bit of a toasty taste. When using a single I find I get my loads waaaaay more done maybe even a bit more done than I prefer. So my suggestion is maybe get a triple or dual torch for a little less heat that will give you more control over temps. Also I notice the draw is restricted and I tend to get best vapor when I pull strongly against the resistance of the cap with carb closed. Hope this helps.
EXACTLY this ^, right down to the punctuation!

Yeah, lighters are kind of on a spectrum with the Vapcap. Less flames will give you more control over the temp but a slower click, generally, while more flames speed up the click but you get less and less control over the temp the more jets there are.
Agree, agree, agree: one flame is slower, but gives much better temp' control.
I much prefer my one or two flame torches for everything except speed.

Good luck Snacks, I'm certain it'll be second nature in no time.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
But please, just to make sure...I push the screen out the chamber side and reinsert from the chamber side, right?

I don't remember with my OG TBH. I think I inserted the retaining ring & then the screen from the mouthpiece end, just be gentle & don't force anything.

@Shit Snacks @kellya86 I have found a medium fine - fine grind does a good job & I like to tamp mine in well for maximum conduction. I won't lie, I struggled for about 10-15 loads through the OG but a ring of silicone whip over the carb does the trick (I used some spare DDave EQ whip) to reduce airflow by 90% through the carb.

The Ti is more forgiving I have found or maybe my technique is better as practice makes perfect.

• Cycle 1 is usually 2 good flavour draws sometimes with heavy vapour
  • Cycle 2 is 2-3 heavy draws of thick vapour
  • Cycle 3 is 2-3 heavy draws of thick vapour
  • Cycle 4 is 1-2 draws of thinner vapour

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah the 4 torch lighter is probably the issue... I have a few lighters, a few singles and a few doubles. I settled on the cheap lower powered single torch. Like everybody else said I think the 4 torch is hitting too close to the top so the heat doesn't have time to "crawl" up the cap and glass/metal body and activate the click. With the choice single jet I hit it at a specific point and it takes a little longer to heat up than the double. If I hit it pretty close to the top even with the carb closed I won't get much vapor. It's a combination of the glass/metal body heating and the cap itself also heating. I like to think they work in conjunction somehow but I've been ripping oil out of my VapCap and my brain is scrambled. Oil VapCap is a must when going out and about. I actually kinda really prefer it to my oil pens even though those are a little more convenient. Have fun soon-to-be owners, remember to respect the click for the first few days/weeks... Back to cleaning the house...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I find that less is more in the Ti bowl. If I pack too much in there I will scorch the outside of the little stuffed pellet of herb and the inside will still be green. I need to keep breaking it up and repacking. Filled about halfway works nicely for me.

Also, I was amazed how much a difference my torch performance was based on the quality of butane. For a while there I had two cans of butane. I would alternate between a triple refined can and another can that was refined many more times than that. I forget the exact number, but it was like mega google plex refined. The flame from the premium can was significantly more robust than the other.

Dantes, your lathe work is very good. Looks like fun too.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Puffitup is sold out of all but the OG...already. Congrats @VapCap!
Congrats indeed! Wow, glad I ordered when I did!

I ordered an Omnivap from @PuffItUp this afternoon. I also ordered a couple of torches recommended in this thread:
This torch has lasted me the longest so far and has worked pretty damn well. The QC on these lighters is pretty poor, so I could buy another one that works like shit.

https://www.amazon.com/Scorch-Torch...8&qid=1469662934&sr=1-1&keywords=scorch+torch

It's always the igniters that go for me.
://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G9GOOBU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_eZuMxb3ASAGBK

This one has a one year warranty and has been awesome so far. Only 11 bucks!

It's a race between puffitup.com and Amazon. I actually ordered the torches first, but the Omnivap shipped first by a much more significant margin.

I have some high quality single flame torches to hold me over if I get the Omnivap first.

little maggie

I find that less is more in the Ti bowl. If I pack too much in there I will scorch the outside of the little stuffed pellet of herb and the inside will still be green. I need to keep breaking it up and repacking. Filled about halfway works nicely for me.

Also, I was amazed how much a difference my torch performance was based on the quality of butane. For a while there I had two cans of butane. I would alternate between a triple refined can and another can that was refined many more times than that. I forget the exact number, but it was like mega google plex refined. The flame from the premium can was significantly more robust than the other.

Dantes, your lathe work is very good. Looks like fun too.
What butane is the high quality one?

TheVapeler

Yeah I had no doubts that the Vapcap was going to sell out on puffitup... but I purchased mine a month ago, and well....today was the day that the magical usps package, containing a green bubble package, containing a small purple package....arrived! I'm beyond impressed with my blackwood titanium s! George also Sent me a couple of those CCDs to stick in my OG that I have used as a daily driver while I waited for this one. I have yet to try those though as I am super ripped off a few woody bowls. Also I feel as though the craftsmanship that went into this device is absolutely fantastic, the mouthpiece is gorgeous and the blackwood is spectacular. The titanium tip/cap are clean and precise. As for function compared to the OG, the only thing I have noticed so far is having maybe one less heating cycle on the Ti?
Again very toasted, will need to run further tests in the morning....
Thanks everyone at Dynavap!
-TheVapeler

Top Bottom