greenextinguisher

Colibri but I find its expensive.

I just ordered Newport. It carries the Zero Impurities tag. Decent price on Amazon if you order a few to amortize shipping a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMPCBHC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1XNKWX1INC0HH

Thanks man for this advice. This thread has educated me and now I know I need to ditch that can of ronson I've had in the cabinet for a decade and pick up something good before my cap arrives. This has me thinking that maybe the shit butane I was using was the cause of my meh iolite experience and it meeting an early demise.

edit: I also have a can of Burton butane. Anyone know much about it? I'm pretty sure I've only purchased butane from gas stations and bodegas, so its probably not very good.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm really looking forward to trying out the Omnivap's adjustable airflow, it's such a great idea. I might have to order a Dynastash too, does anyone know if those have a wait time or if they ship immediately?

Everyone looking for butane might want to try their local head shop if they have one. Cigar shops are good spots too.

I was lucky enough to find Lucienne at my LHS. It seems to be well respected in BHO circles, and has some impressive lab test results:

yG05Bei.jpg

Source: https://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

TheVapeler

Thanks man for this advice. This thread has educated me and now I know I need to ditch that can of ronson I've had in the cabinet for a decade and pick up something good before my cap arrives. This has me thinking that maybe the shit butane I was using was the cause of my meh iolite experience and it meeting an early demise.

edit: I also have a can of Burton butane. Anyone know much about it? I'm pretty sure I've only purchased butane from gas stations and bodegas, so its probably not very good.

I have been using power 5x butane and I bought 2 cans for like 5 bucks at a headshop and I haven't even gone through most of 1 can in over two months of refilling both my torch lighters that I use with vapcap (dual and triple) at least once a day. I have always bled the tanks before refilling and they have not given me one problem. Also a bunch of adapters in the cap so you can fill all kinds of lighters.
-TheVapeler

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm really looking forward to trying out the Omnivap's adjustable airflow, it's such a great idea. I might have to order a Dynastash too, does anyone know if those have a wait time or if they ship immediately?

Everyone looking for butane might want to try their local head shop if they have one. Cigar shops are good spots too.

I was lucky enough to find Lucienne at my LHS. It seems to be well respected in BHO circles, and has some impressive lab test results:

yG05Bei.jpg

So does this show that colibri is not all I thought it was????

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So does this show that colibri is not all I thought it was????
I was surprised by that as well. I have some mini cans of colibri that I bought intending to use for camping and hiking. I'm sure they're fine for a torch but I wouldn't want to make concentrates with them.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: kellya86

greenextinguisher

That is a great resource. thank you! I ordered a can of Lucienne from amazon. Its pretty damn expensive. If I go through it quickly, I'll probably switch to the 3-pack of colibri they offer. Are mercaptans a concern in this application? I guess it would probably make using your vapcap a slightly more smelly affair.

I don't know what the lead time is exactly for an OmniVap. I am waiting on an omni and a dynastash ordered on July 1. I have to assume the omni being beta means its not a 1-month lead like the other models.

greenextinguisher,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
That is a great resource. thank you! I ordered a can of Lucienne from amazon. Its pretty damn expensive. If I go through it quickly, I'll probably switch to the 3-pack of colibri they offer. Are mercaptans a concern in this application? I guess it would probably make using your vapcap a slightly more smelly affair.

I don't know what the lead time is exactly for an OmniVap. I am waiting on an omni and a dynastash ordered on July 1. I have to assume the omni being beta means its not a 1-month lead like the other models.
I ordered an Omnivap from @PuffItUp and should have it soon. :D

It seems like most butane on Amazon is expensive. I would suggest trying to source it locally if possible.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Update from last night, single torch helps so much, more control for sure. May look into a dual at some point too. Medium grind, slight tamp, small amounts, sometimes that second heat cycle can be hit and harsh like smoke its so thick (particularly if I get a hot spot with not enough spinning, saw one or two specs had turned black over there) so still need more practice but this is the way to do it. Thanks to everyone who helped get me back on track.

Love the frosted tips on the new OGs, and the CCD Ti diffuser screen is just so cool. I would like to get the xl kit and mouthpiece to make it an S to try the spinning and make it a bit classier, though I am like thst silicone tip more than I expected (remember when there was going to be another version of those?)

Haven't moved back to the omni yet, but I can see now more how I would heat it for water use with the VonG. Still would like a nice wood shorty body for that as well... Some day

HikaruEyre

Right so it seems there is no advantage to spending a lot on a lighter, I was looking at the colibri range as it's the butane I use for bho...

But that's like 80 quid....

I'll just pick up some cheap crap then...
I would say with a torch high price shouldn't be the issue but quality does cost more. I got a Xikar lighter and it has been the best for me because it seems to be consistent for the entire tank of butane. With cheap torches the flames seemed to get weaker as the fuel level got lower making heating inconsistent. I would look for good quality cigar torches with a lifetime warranty.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been using colibri because it seemed like the best quality/quantity deal on amazon. I don't fully understand the scale to the chart though. I know .000,003,526% is smaller than .000,015% which means less contaminants, I just don't know if the difference between those two percents is significant. I guess less contaminants is always better in this case.

priestsmiler

Man these things are awesome. It is a true work of art that can reduce the unnecessary intricacies of devices to a fundamental principle: heat the thing you want to vape to the temperature using an external heat source and inhale just like smoking. By returning to this basic system and being so close to a cigarette form factor it makes it so easy for smokers to fuck combustion using the vapcap system. George is a genius. :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Found another great long list of butanes and their residuals
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=275567
I've got Clipper in my torch and as it's been striped I can see a build up of what looks like an oil in the tubing. I've had no problems as far a clogging jets goes and it was cheap as.

@priestsmiler Neat single skinners were my thing and as much as I would never go back to them the familiarity of the VC experience makes it all the more pleasurable for myself.

Squiby

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
What butane is the high quality one?

The better can reads Vector Signature 14. I think it claims to be refined 14 times. IDK where it ranks among other butanes, but it comes a blastin' outta my lighter.

Pretty impressive for a four carbon alkane. :goat:

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Squiby

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I got my torches from Amazon yesterday and my OmniVap from @PuffItUp . So I guess the race ended in a tie. The cool thing is the omni was originally scheduled to be delivered Monday so it was a nice surprise to see that in my mailbox. Fast delivery and great service as usual!

To be honest I've been struggling a little so far. The first cap was decent, followed by a few weak extractions and a case of mild combustion. After 5 or 6 caps I switched from the triple to a single torch with better results, as recommended here recently. That was an extraction right up there with any other vape I own, and showed me the potential of the omni.

I thought I had it dialed in at this point, but I'm still having slightly inconsistent results. I think my biggest problem is in relation to flame placement. Should the inner bright flame be touching the omni, almost touching it, or should only the tip of the outer flame touch?

I've been reading through the thread but if anyone wants to give some detailed advice in regards to technique, especially with a triple torch, it would be much appreciated. :D

Overall I love the vape, the design and build quality are very good. The omni seems virtually indestructible and I could possibly hand it down to my grandchildren one day.

The design of the omni reminds me of some other treasured possessions of mine. Way before I had VAS I came down with a case of RAS (razor acquisition syndrome). I wonder if anyone else here suffers that affliction. Here's the OmniVap next to my collection:

OW4Ab7F.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Vapor_Eyes I usually have the top of the lighter itself at least and inch from the cap, the flame is turned up to about half of the available adjustment.
This is with my triple your single will need moving up and down the length of the cap to avoid any hotspots.

You also need to play with the Omni adjustment. I like a small amount of air to enter. This allows the rite amount of low pressure behind the load giving me thick vapor without the need to suck my fillings out or mouth pull. This would be the equivalent of screwing the MP home then backing off just a little bit.

Really nice collection of beautifully crafted razors, the Omni looks rite at home.
Never found the need to use such things myself as I've always embraced my the ability to grow facial hair. The whole collection looks very tactile.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes I usually have the top of the lighter itself at least and inch from the cap, the flame is turned up to about half of the available adjustment.
This is with my triple your single will need moving up and down the length of the cap to avoid any hotspots.

You also need to play with the Omni adjustment. I like a small amount of air to enter. This allows the rite amount of low pressure behind the load giving me thick vapor without the need to suck my fillings out or mouth pull. This would be the equivalent of screwing the MP home then backing off just a little bit.

Really nice collection of beautifully crafted razors, the Omni looks rite at home.
Never found the need to use such things myself as I've always embraced my the ability to grow facial hair. The whole collection looks very tactile.
Thanks for the tips! :)

I'm getting pretty good results with the single torch, I would like to master the triple for faster heat up times. I like the single because I can be more precise. I like to heat up to the "y" in dynavap, while spinning and moving towards the tip. I've been getting nice even extractions. I like the airflow with max restriction so far. I might ease up in the future. I like thick, potent vapor and don't mind draw restriction that much.

With the triple flame I have a hard time hitting my sweet spot because the flame area is wider. It usually clicks at way too low of a temperature, and seems to combust if I place the flame closer to the mouthpiece. I can't find that middle zone. I'll keep experimenting, in the meantime the single is perfectly functional.

mephisto

Busted out my ti woody from the vault, forgot how much like (smoking) the effects are. Sometimes as hard as I try, my other vapes don't provide the "squint" factor that the vapcap does. Now if I can only get an omni to go with my new Dynastash ER. Maybe PIU will restock quickly. Or maybe Mr. Snacks will get frustrated and send me his.....just kidding, shitty....

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
Busted out my ti woody from the vault, forgot how much like (smoking) the effects are. Sometimes as hard as I try, my other vapes don't provide the "squint" factor that the vapcap does. Now if I can only get an omni to go with my new Dynastash ER. Maybe PIU will restock quickly. Or maybe Mr. Snacks will get frustrated and send me his.....just kidding, shitty....
I noted this too a few months ago. I posted something along the lines of "I feel this like in my eyes more than other vapes". And indeed I felt it in my body more too. Wonder why that is sometimes, but I don't have much experience with other butane vapes. Perhaps electrics are just like that. Someone else chime in!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:lol: @mephisto very patient here but we'll see! Used OmniVonG with full restriction but carb opened in inline honeycomb bubbler last night and worked pretty well with tiny 1/4 amount, smooth but not crazy huge clouds yet. I really like the wood with Ti look, why I still want a wood short body if I get into more dry use with it (still haven't tried the Ti? body I got, it had some black grease or something in it so needs more cleaning first I guess. Also still looks different than any I've seen posted here yet?) especially on the go it'd go great with a dynastash (I have an early one of those in zebrawood, not as polished as the newer ones or full featured as the ER but still very very nice)... But yeah you're always such a sweetheart on here it makes me want to go ahead and send it to you anyway ;) (sad I missed that VapMan! Oh also what happened to those color Mi stems? No worries at all if changed your mind, but nothing ever showed up here btw, we can go back to pm to discuss)

I noted this too a few months ago. I posted something along the lines of "I feel this like in my eyes more than other vapes". And indeed I felt it in my body more too. Wonder why that is sometimes, but I don't have much experience with other butane vapes. Perhaps electrics are just like that. Someone else chime in!

I think it is the conduction, that mixes in some convection and radiation, the torch doesn't hurt, but it is ofcourse different than a pure convection torch vape like Daisy/Lily/Brick (and Lotus I'm sure), maybe the conduction thing is closer to VapMan though? I can get an amazing high with certain electrics that is almost exactly like smoking was only much much better, but yeah VapCap just has its own unique signature with its vape style. If we had more systematic standard vapor tests for every product maybe we could figure it out more scientifically :science:

Edit: after a couple tiny Ti bubbler bowls that quickly got as dark as an UD SStip NonG, I realize its not just that, but the temp control. So yes very strong analog on demand conduction (certainly way way more than any electronic conduction unit I am aware of) which is unique partly due to the bit of convection and radiation mixed in (which many other vapes do as well, perhaps just not quite this well) and how the torch can make for an extreme extraction without automatic temp control... Just proves what I always say about all manual vapes having a bit more of a learning curve at first, but they are also always the strongest effects with even less material, a well worthy trade off as most automatic vapes have to use a lot of herb to match up hit for hit so to me the proof is in that pudding though those vapes are perhaps better for groups potentially...

@VapCap is exceptional bc not only is there a very affordable basic model with plenty of modular options to build up, it is a manual vape with an automatic component in the click. So still many variables, but there is some control and regulation in a sense, while it has full raw power available that can be harnessed effectively with proper technique (not mention an amazing creator like George too!) :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom